the sound of music live

I saw Audra in Porgy and Bess last year. She is amazing. I an sure she"all be back on Broadway soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DISBoards

Is anyone else getting a constant sound like microphone feedback under it all? Its driving me crazy!
I am getting that also.

Audra McDonald did not disappoint. "Climb Every Mountain" was everything I was hoping for and more.
That was wonderful.

I have never seen the stage production but have seen the movie so many times it is hard for me to watch in this order. I missed the middle hour because I had to watch Glee.

I am enjoying this! I have seen the stage show so I was not expecting this to be like the movie. Yes, Carrie is a bit stiff but not so bad that I can't watch it. I actually thought Carrie was trying to hard to tone down her normal singing voice in the beginning...like she was afraid she would start belting it out or something.

I think the thing that bothers me the most is Maria's costumes. Don't like them, not flattering.. just ugly.

This must really be tough without an audience .

You can genuinely tell the difference between the professional actors and the amateurs. Audra McDonald is legit wonderful. And both Christian Borle and Laura Benanti are delightful.

That wedding gown is going to show up in bridal shops across the country.

I think Laura Benanti (Elsa) is WONDERFUL!

I saw her perform live last year - she has an incredible voice.

I would climb a whole lotta mountains for Vampire Bill, especially in his formalwear, wow!

Terri

I read Maria's book, The Story of the Von Trapp Family Singers, that the musical is based on. It's really interesting, they were married for many years before they had to flee to America.

Audra McDonald and the children have salvaged this whole production for me. Carrie underwood is just painful to listen to and watch. Not a true blood watcher, but I give Von Trapp points for effort.

Sent from me.

Glad they dumped "Ordinary Couple" and went with "Something Good".

Those Nazi banners are scary.

I'm enjoying it, but then I knew exactly what to expect... DH played Captain von Trapp, and oldest DD played Brigitta von Trapp in two separate stage productions, (different years.)

I'm not much of a Carrie Underwood fan, (love Julie Andrews) but I think she's doing a decent job with the songs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter