The so-so trip..March madness is at WDW *Updated 7/27* Final thoughts

After our terrible time with Jack we decided to start heading out as we had dinner plans at the resort.

Side note –
Have you ever noticed if you have an android phone it is nearly impossible to get a phone case for your phone? I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and really they do not make it for them. The previous trip I had looked around for it and could not find it so I decided to look on this trip.
Side note over.

We started walking up towards the front. I had to take a pic of the hat.

I guess a lot of people were thinking the same thing.

On our way out we decided to go into one of the stores. I wanted a notebook so I could write down notes for each day (this lasted 2 days) so we looked around and I see the phone cases so I go over and see so many for Apple and none for my phone and then I look on the bottom and see those magical words “for use with Samsung galaxy sIII phones”. IS THAT REALLY IT? I was so excited. Here is a pic of my purchase.

On the left is the phone case and on the right is the notebook.

I have had it on my phone ever since. I was one happy person. I did search the rest of the week for a different one or maybe Star Wars but found nothing. It was not cheap either $35.00 for the case. Worth every penny though.

After my surprise of finding it we headed out of the park.

I took a pic of the ears tower on the way in the bus.

A pic of the lanterns outside of Kidani. Bad pic.

Once we got back I ran to the room and put my purchases there. Then we decided to go and see if they could take us early. We got there and it was packed. We waited about 15 minutes and then checked in.

I took a pic of the décor.

They did end up taking us early and we were seated in the middle of the restaurant but closer to the windows. I love this place; if you have not tried I highly recommend taking a trip there to eat one night. Warning though is some of the food is spicy. Now I present our dining choices.

Vinny happy to be there.

Scott:
Drink: White Sangria
App - Mustard Seed-crusted Scallops - with a Coconut Cream Sauce $8.99 (NO PIC). I did get the coconut cream sauce on the side as I am not a fan of coconut but it was not a strong taste and was really good.
Ent: Slow Cooked in Gravy, Simple and Well Seasoned. Choice of two served with Basmati Rice or Five-grain pilaf $21.49
I did have a choice of two and my choices were.
Spicy Durban Chicken
Spicy Durban Shrimp
I chose the five-grain pilaf. Here is the pic.

Des - Banana Kulfi Sundae - warm chocolate sauce, strawberries, and spiced cashews $5.49

Vinny:
App - Mustard Seed-crusted Scallops - with a Coconut Cream Sauce $8.99
Ent – Same as me but his choices were.
Shrimp with Green Curry Sauce
Spicy Durban Shrimp

Des – Banana Kulfi Sundae - warm chocolate sauce, strawberries, and spiced cashews $5.49

Price = Dining plan.
The apps and drink were on TIW. They equaled $27.33 after the discount and with tip.

Review –
Loved it. I think this is a little gem that seems to be getting more popular. I was really hesitant to got here thinking of the Indian curry that makes me sick but this is not like that. If you feel like something different while you’re there I highly recommend it.

I did have a “Happy Birthday” pin on and a bunch of singers came out and passed me and went to the table with children. I was so happy but then they turned and came over and sang to me. I was so embarrassed.

After our meal we went upstairs and got donuts and milk for coffee in the morning. Watched a little tv and fell asleep.

Overall it was a good first day. Now here is a warning, this trip was very relaxed and an at that moment what to do trip. I hope I don’t bore people. Not many pics of us but you will be taking in the scenery of Disney World.

Up next,

Let’s explore the flowers.

I love the phone case and the notebook. Too cute. I have an iPhone and hadn't realized that cases were hard to find for other phones. The meal looks yummy! Especially the Sangria.

Scott,

Love the new phone case! And you finally got the Cowboy version-- yeeha!

We're staying at Kidani in June... I can't wait!

Kathy

Joining in. Those pics of your meal look fantastic. I love spicy food. Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.:)

Thanks for the warning about the Capt Jack thing! I did want to see it but I will trust you that it is a waste.

That is funny about your picture about the Subway sign that it isn't real. I texted that pic to my friend who lives in the upper East Side and she believed me that I was in in NYC! I didn't even know it wasn't real.

Lastly, love your review on Saana. I am trying that in April and I want to get the Spicy Shrimp and the Curry Shrimp. On that sundae thing is the light colored square thing ice cream?

Sweet case, yikes @ the $35! Apple everything Scott! We're waiting...come on over to the fold! TJ Maxx and Marshall's, they have so many phone covers/gadgets. And on the cheap too!

Speaking as a Samsung Galaxy phone owner I agree, it is so hard to find phone cases.... that I like! I love your choice but want something in more of a Minnie motif! ;) I'll have to look next time... Thanks for sharing that PSA. :)

Dinner sounds/looks great! I'm not so much a fan of curry but after eating at Jiko I'm ready to expand my horizons and I would love to try Sanaa. So nice that you received a birthday serenade!

I am here & reading along Scotty.

I love taking pics from the plane also.

We like to do GMR to sit for a while. We have had both the gangster & the cowboy. I love Mary Poppins also!! It is one of my favorite Disney movies.

I love getting a drink & people watching.:thumbsup2

Glad to know about the Jack Sparrow show.

Also great to know about the phone covers. I am thinking of getting a Galaxy also & did not realize how difficult it is to find a Disney cover.

Enjoying your TR & anxious for more!!

UGH, yes!!! I have never seen a cute phone case for my phone - an Android HTC Inspire. So annoying, but I'm hoping to be able to upgrade soon anyways!! Glad you were able to find something fun for your phone! :thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed your meal at Sanaa - we love it there!!! :goodvibes

The meal looked nice but not somewhere I'll be trying any time soon. My xtomach doesn't always like spicy food and Jim is a picky eater at times.

The phone case is cute. I may look at them as I just got the same phone. :yay: I'll probably just get mickey stickers to decorate the Otter box I have instead. I tend to drop my phone and I'm not sure that case would offer much protection.

Looking forward to the flowers.

I love the phone case and the notebook. Too cute. I have an iPhone and hadn't realized that cases were hard to find for other phones. The meal looks yummy! Especially the Sangria.
Thanks.
I can find them for a lot of things but Disney is really hard to find.
The meal was delicious.

Yippee for finding your phone cover! We have reservations at Sanaa in 49 days, so thank you for the preview.
:cool1:
Ooh enjoy. I will be jealous in 48 days now. :lmao:

Scott,

Love the new phone case! And you finally got the Cowboy version-- yeeha!

We're staying at Kidani in June... I can't wait!

Kathy
Thanks.
I really enjoyed the Cowboy version.
I hope you like it more than us.

Oh Scott.....you could never bore us!! :)
:) Thanks.

Joining in. Those pics of your meal look fantastic. I love spicy food. Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.:)
:welcome:
it was a great meal again. I found the recipe online and am going to try to make it one night.

Thanks for the warning about the Capt Jack thing! I did want to see it but I will trust you that it is a waste.

That is funny about your picture about the Subway sign that it isn't real. I texted that pic to my friend who lives in the upper East Side and she believed me that I was in in NYC! I didn't even know it wasn't real.

Lastly, love your review on Saana. I am trying that in April and I want to get the Spicy Shrimp and the Curry Shrimp. On that sundae thing is the light colored square thing ice cream?
it was boring to us. Just did not see the point. They should put a simulator ride there.
LOl. The "W" train used to run but not sure if it does anymore. If you look at quickly it does seem real.
Vinny said the curry was not as good as the durban but it was good. I can honestly say I do not remember what it was all made of but it was good. If you mean the thing in the back that is banana, the white stuff we believe was a sherbert of some kind.

Sweet case, yikes @ the $35! Apple everything Scott! We're waiting...come on over to the fold! TJ Maxx and Marshall's, they have so many phone covers/gadgets. And on the cheap too!
I have had a Iphone 3 times, Hate them and the company. Will always be Android now especially since I know how to change it up to how I like it. And my phone has almost 100gb of memory which I love.
I can get cheap covers but finding Disney ones is hard.

Speaking as a Samsung Galaxy phone owner I agree, it is so hard to find phone cases.... that I like! I love your choice but want something in more of a Minnie motif! ;) I'll have to look next time... Thanks for sharing that PSA. :)

Dinner sounds/looks great! I'm not so much a fan of curry but after eating at Jiko I'm ready to expand my horizons and I would love to try Sanaa. So nice that you received a birthday serenade!
Oh wait till the end of this posting and see what I put up. You might like it.
You do not taste curry at all. I hate curry and was hesitant but this was our 2nd trip there and love it. I like it more than Jiko.
That was so embarrassing but it was nice.

I am here & reading along Scotty.

I love taking pics from the plane also.

We like to do GMR to sit for a while. We have had both the gangster & the cowboy. I love Mary Poppins also!! It is one of my favorite Disney movies.

I love getting a drink & people watching.:thumbsup2

Glad to know about the Jack Sparrow show.

Also great to know about the phone covers. I am thinking of getting a Galaxy also & did not realize how difficult it is to find a Disney cover.

Enjoying your TR & anxious for more!!
:welcome:
I think it relaxes me if I take the photos form the plane. I am goign to Aruba in may and cannot wait to see the ocean from the plane.
People watching is so much fun there.
The S4 comes out next month.
Thank you.

UGH, yes!!! I have never seen a cute phone case for my phone - an Android HTC Inspire. So annoying, but I'm hoping to be able to upgrade soon anyways!! Glad you were able to find something fun for your phone! :thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed your meal at Sanaa - we love it there!!! :goodvibes
I think they had them in some of the stores.
Such a great place for a meal.

The meal looked nice but not somewhere I'll be trying any time soon. My xtomach doesn't always like spicy food and Jim is a picky eater at times.

The phone case is cute. I may look at them as I just got the same phone. :yay: I'll probably just get mickey stickers to decorate the Otter box I have instead. I tend to drop my phone and I'm not sure that case would offer much protection.

Looking forward to the flowers.
That is too bad. I am finding the restaurants there are all cooking the same bland stuff now. It is sad and have written Disney complaining about it.
I have droped my phone 3 or 4 times so far. Not broken yet. :rotfl2:

Here are the 2 cases I can locate for galaxy s3. 1 for Mickey and 1 for Minnie. Maybe if merchandise is called it can be found or ordered if anyone wants one.

I absolutely adore Sanaa, was bummed we didn't end up going there last summer though was happy with where we ended up.

Love the phone case!

We ate at Sanaa too. It was a first for us. But you'll have to wait for my review. ;) I will say I think my husband had the shrimp green curry dish (or whatever it's called) and my oldest tried a bit of it and they both liked it a lot.

Yay for finding your phone case! It's really cute. :goodvibes $35 seems cheap to me since my otter box cost me $50. :sad2:

Side note –
Have you ever noticed if you have an android phone it is nearly impossible to get a phone case for your phone? I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and really they do not make it for them. The previous trip I had looked around for it and could not find it so I decided to look on this trip.
Side note over.
::yes::

Oh Scott.....you could never bore us!! :)
So true!!!

Sorry about Jack, but YAY for the cowboy!!!:cool1:

BRING ON THE FLOWERS :hyper:

Glad you enjoyed Sanaa, I don't really like that kind of food, I wish I did because it would be nice to eat in the same hotel you are staying in.

We ate at Sanaa too. It was a first for us. But you'll have to wait for my review. ;) I will say I think my husband had the shrimp green curry dish (or whatever it's called) and my oldest tried a bit of it and they both liked it a lot.

Yay for finding your phone case! It's really cute. :goodvibes $35 seems cheap to me since my otter box cost me $50. :sad2:
You tr tease. :lmao:
Otterbox is so expensive.

::yes::

So true!!!

Sorry about Jack, but YAY for the cowboy!!!:cool1:

BRING ON THE FLOWERS :hyper:
:cool1: for Cowboy.
Will do.

Glad you like Sanaa...one of our favorites :)
:thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed Sanaa, I don't really like that kind of food, I wish I did because it would be nice to eat in the same hotel you are staying in.
I didn't think I would like it but it really surprised me. Now I am hooked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter