The snow is here!

Oh my it's bad here.Will post some pics later.
Both of my girls schools are closed.Hubby went to work on his push bike+what normally takes him 20mins took him 50mins,but thankfully he arrives safely,which is the main thing.(could'nt get the bus as they are not running,along with most of the country!!).x.

Brr its really snowy here

Oh Nat :rotfl2: ,sorry to laugh.x.

The head prides himself on never shutting, they had a power failure when i was in NYC and he managed to keep it open !

I can sort of see his point though, if he and the staff can get in the kids have no excuse ;)

DH was supposed to go to London today on business. Flights have been cancelled so he's now staying in Glasgow.

The head prides himself on never shutting, they had a power failure when i was in NYC and he managed to keep it open !

I can sort of see his point though, if he and the staff can get in the kids have no excuse ;)

Yes i too can see where he is coming from.I am a stickler for my girls going to school(and would have taken them both today)At 7am on the dot i was ringing both schools to see if they were going to be open.But they said no-as most teachers can't get in because of no public transport here.x.

Yippee, it's thick snow and still snowing. Left home at 7am to walk to the station but turned back as found out the trains into Paddington were severly disrupted and getting home this eve would have been a nightmare. My nephs and niece schools in Windsor are closed for the day and my sisters both work at Eton Wick school and that is closed as well.

So am going to work from home and walk into town later, just to walk in the snow as I love it.

Tina

But they said no-as most teachers can't get in because of no public transport here.x.

Just heard from a colleague to say that because there is no public transport and not enough teachers can get in the school is closed!!! So a day at home for me

Yes i too can see where he is coming from.I am a stickler for my girls going to school(and would have taken them both today)At 7am on the dot i was ringing both schools to see if they were going to be open.But they said no-as most teachers can't get in because of no public transport here.x.

:thumbsup2 i think its gives them the wrong message keeping them off for the sake of it !

I'm staying at home today. Who knows if i'd have made it in to London then home again tonight. My whole team isn't going in.

It is very snowy here, and still falling.

:thumbsup2 i think its gives them the wrong message keeping them off for the sake of it !

Exactly,i have a friend and she won't even take her boys to school if it's heavy rain.We had torrential rain one day last week+she rang and told me there was no way she was going out in it.I rang her this morning+told her both schools were closed,and woke her up-she said she made her mind up last night she was taking them anyway.
My girls are not happy,they wanted to go to school,i am so glad my girls love school as much as they do+i hope the always will :thumbsup2 .x.

Just heard from a colleague to say that because there is no public transport and not enough teachers can get in the school is closed!!! So a day at home for me

I had sky news on for about an hour earlier+it was reporting there is hardly any transport running,the country is nigh on at standstill.x.

I slipped and slid round to the station but there are no trains running at all and no idea when they will be, so as there's no way I'm driving it's a day at home for me.

my boys school has now being closed

We've had lots too....just been having fun with the dogs in the garden & am now frozen!!

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

Great pics Claire :thumbsup2

Well I've had to abandon my trip into Nuneaton. As usual, a couple of cms of snow and the town has come to a standstill. It took me 25 minutes to do 1/2 a mile, so I've come home to a nice cup of tea ~ stay warm everyone :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter