• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***The Official June 2016 Thread***

Well, I've already posted in the May thread, but seeing as our extends to June, am I allowed to post here too? I hope so. ;) Secured our ADR's yesterday (We went through a friend of mine who's a Disney travel agent through MouseTails Travel, so she got them for us.) Then I got in a car accident yesterday evening. It was a bit of a roller coaster day. lol Don't worry, though. I'm fine, so is the other driver. Car is likely totaled, but hey, cars can be replaced! Also, one of the questions the EMT on scene asked me was "Do you know who Mickey Mouse is?" "Yes." "Is Micky Mouse a dog or a cat?" "He's a mouse." Oh, and my rental car has Florida license plates. I've been joking that the poor thing must be cold here in Missouri. :D

I have most of my days decided o:
Day 1- Hollywood studios or epcot
day 2- Animal Kingdom
day 3- Hollywood studios
day 4- Magic kingdom
day 5- Hollywood studios or epcot
day 6- Magic kingdom
day 7- epcot

Hi, everyone! We are staying at POP June 1-12 on a free dining bounceback that we booked on our October trip. We haven't been in June since 2010! I'm not sure how I'm going to cope without MNSSHP, but I'm hoping the free food makes up for that loss! Lol!

Just saw this thread, checking in! We're going June 1-10 @ PVB, our first DVC, we bought earlier this year. Have friends staying June 1-8 @ CBR. SO EXCITED! I got up early Friday for our 180+10 window and was able to book ALL the ADRs we wanted, even CRT, BOG dinner, etc. Sad about no SWW, but still doing HS on Sat, just jumping out early for DS & La Nouba. YAY Disney.

I did my ADR's yesterday and got everything I wanted!!! Even the ones with a group of 14. Now I just have to decide on what FP+ I want to try for.:flower1:

what did you get for 14 people
I needed 9 and could not get LTT

The only one I had 14 on was the Hoop Dee Doo.
I did have at least 9 in all my other reservations.
Ohana with lilo
garden grill
50's Primetime
Hollywood and Vine
Sci-fi
Be Out Guest
Norway princess breakfast (don't remember official. Name)
Rose and crown
Coral reef.

The only one that have me trouble was the Coral reef so I left it at 8 because #9 is a baby

Sorry you had trouble.

The only one I had 14 on was the Hoop Dee Doo.
I did have at least 9 in all my other reservations.
Ohana with lilo
garden grill
50's Primetime
Hollywood and Vine
Sci-fi
Be Out Guest
Norway princess breakfast (don't remember official. Name)
Rose and crown
Coral reef.

The only one that have me trouble was the Coral reef so I left it at 8 because #9 is a baby

Sorry you had trouble.

I had trouble with 9 for
Beaches and cream - I knew I would so I split the group
LTT- that place is huge but it would not let me do more then 8, I even tried calling and they said you should be able to go up to 20, so I split the group too

You must count the baby in your total. Keep checking for a new reservation, and have a backup plan for one of the adults if the restaurant is at capacity. Good luck!

Update: After some sly convincing on my part (tee hee) I got everyone back on board for the reg DDP for our June trip! Huzzah!

Which is exciting because yesterday was our 180 day window opening....so I got all our ressies made and all done online too!

Here's our restaurant list...with side commentary haha):

6/8- 'Ohana (a first night tradition...at 5:00pm no less)
6/9- Chefs de France (revisiting this one...I personally don't know how to feel on this one)
6/10- Cape May Cafe (my parents go-to but not for hubbs and I...perhaps we'll like it more this time around)
6/11- Teppan Edo (normally I get steak and chicken but I think I might go steak only this time...it was SO good! This will be a first for my folks)
6/12- Via Napoli (a staple for our family...best Tiramisu EVER...I even lick the plate hee hee)
6/13- Akershus (I love the princesses and food while hubbs just loves the food. This will be a first for my folks for dinner)
6/14- Garden Grill (a first for everyone...we have replaced LTT for this. I hope it's a better choice...we didn't care for LTT last June so we want to try something new!)
6/15- BOG lunch - (a first for everyone...especially my folks who have never eaten there. I'm excited to pre-order eventually)

All meals are dinners except for the last day. Not gonna lie it's kinda weird having the majority of our dinners at EPCOT...oh well that's where all the good food seems to be! Haha!

Alright well 179 days and counting....I love reading everyone's planning progress on this thread! Keep it coming!! Let's go June group!!!!!

P.S. Hubbs and I going to miss Pizza Planet still...sigh.

We just decided last night to plan for June 25- July 1, 2016! I went to book my room at Caribbean Beach and it is showing nothing available but a Pirate room. Is something big going on that week?

Our trip was planned for June 18-25, 2016 but we have chosen to cancel our trip. We just have too much going on right now, and need to use our money on other things. Unfortunately, we were traveling with 2 other families. I think one of them has cancelled also (they found out they were pregnant and due a month before our trip), but the other one is still planning on going. :( Sad we had to cancel, but my heart just wasn't in this trip.

We already had/have plans for our First Disney Cruise in 2019, hopefully with a couple days at WDW and a day at Universal.

We just got the okay from my mom that she would watch all five of our kids for us for a week in June, so the husband and I are FINALLY getting to go to WDW just the two of us. We'll actually be able to like....ride stuff together. lol. We were just there this past July (and I never want to go in July again. lol) but we were split up most of the time because of the ages/heights of the kids and who can ride what ride and who can ride without adults or needs an adult with them etc. Everyone had fun, but it almost felt like we were on separate vacations. Even at the pool dh went with the older kids to the main pool and I was with the preschoolers in the kiddie pool area. I'm SO looking forward to a trip together. We've never been on one just the two of us since we never had a honeymoon.

I was able to book all of our ADRs Monday morning!!

Here's what we have:

6/11:
50' Prime TIme
Via Napoli

6/12:
Crystal Palace
LTT
Be our Guest

6/13:
Garden Grill
Biergarten
HDDR

6/14:
Tusker House
Yak & Yeti
CRT

6/15:
OH'ana
lunch is OPEN - can't decide between new Jungle Cruise place or Columbia Harbour House
Rose & Crown

6/16:
Sc-Fi b'fast (well, haven't booked it yet b/c it's not open yet, but our plan is b'fast here)
50's PT
Narcoosses

6/17:
either Captains Grill or WPE at Disney Springs - undecided at this time

We have to pay OOP for 3 meals and the plan is 50's PT on 6/11, Lunch on 6/15 and our last b'fast on 6/17

CAN'T WAIT!! and LOTS of food...makes my tummy hurt already! :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

Joining the June party, 6th-13th!
We are staying off site this time. We have done it both ways but with 6 of us, including 3 teenagers who need full size beds and extra bathrooms, staying off site was the best and most affordable option.
This is what I have so far, we use our Disney Rewards points for our food and snacks and parking fees.
6/6 Dinner at Raglan Road
6/7 Lunch at Be Our Guest Dinner Pinocchio Haus
6/8 Lunch at La Cantina De San Angel Dinner?
6/9 Lunch at Plaza Restaurant Dinner?
6/10 Lunch at Flame Tree BBQ Dinner at the townhouse
6/11 Lunch at Studio Catering Company Dinner?
6/12 Lunch at Sanaa Dinner at the townhouse
6/13 Breakfast at Ohana Lunch ? Dinner?

I just saw that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be down for refurbishment. This is our favorite ride in MK!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter