***The Official June 2016 Thread***

your dining plans look great!!

we're SO upset that Big Thunder will be down - along with Soarin'!!
Us too! Our two favorite rides! And thanks about the ADRs. With 5 of us eating adult meals those table service meals add up fast!!! That's why we are trying to stick with lunches.
My son graduates from high school the day before we leave, haha, hoping to have a stress free relaxing week!

Here I am! We are planning on staying at POP during the first week of June! As soon as I submit my grades and lock my classroom door off we go!
Same here. I'm a teacher too! 90 more school days. Looooonnnnnggggg school days.

your dining plans look great!!

we're SO upset that Big Thunder will be down - along with Soarin'!!

I am bummed about BTMR! It's the only roller coaster my mom will go on. Sigh.

According to Touring Plans they say Soarin will reopen 6/2 so I am hoping for the best!!

Several months away and I'm already excited to be taking my kids back down to Florida in June to visit my Old man/Their grandpa and going to Disney at least one of those days(more if I deem it necessary). Had to jump on the tickets with the quickness when I saw the price. My kids got to experience the slower days at Disney(February) and now they get to experience the craziness that is summer time lol

Who has been to Disney in early June before? We have always traveled with the kids in the Sep-Nov time. We have rarely taken a mid afternoon break (kids are older) but I am wondering if I should plan this in due to hot weather. We are typically a rope drop to close kind of family. :)

We go to Disney every year in mid-June due to my work schedule. (I'm a teacher.) We love to hit the parks early and leave around 1:00 when the heat is just awful. We usually go back to the hotel to nap and swim. However, we are not park commandos and have never stayed at the park open until close.

This will be our 4th trip to Disney in June - and our kids (and my DH) all appreciate a mid-afternoon break. We do get hopper tickets and start at one park in the morning, take a break at the hotel and go for a swim and then hit a different park in the afternoon!! We also appreciate the mid-afternoon break to take a shower before heading out for dinner!!

Hey all! Joining a bit late on this one. 5+ months until we stay at Poly DVC for 8 nights. It's our first time renting points (got a killer rate),and my family's first time staying at the Poly (I stayed back around 2000). We'll be at the Poly Friday 6/17 to 6/25. We're summer travelers (wife is a teacher) so we love the heat and the crowds, plan the heck out of our week+ there and take lots of breaks. Looking forward to the journey to June with you all!!
Cheers!

Who has been to Disney in early June before? We have always traveled with the kids in the Sep-Nov time. We have rarely taken a mid afternoon break (kids are older) but I am wondering if I should plan this in due to hot weather. We are typically a rope drop to close kind of family. :)

I say plan it in and if it's not needed, adjust as necessary. I feel it is better to be on the safe side and plan one out, then need one and not have it in the plans.

Hello, Everyone! I'd like to join in... though we haven't officially made our reservations yet, we will definitely be there June 17-25! Can't wait! Like some of you, my DS will be graduating from 8th grade June 9, and I work weekends until June 11, otherwise we'd be going sooner! I am blessed to have a Dad who loves Disney as much as I do, and lives in Florida, and insists on paying for us to come down! (I won't let him though--but he can help out!). Haven't decided yet if we will be staying onsite again, or if we should try Windsor Hills, since we will also be visiting Universal. For now, I am enjoying my day off binge-watching OUAT and Pinning Disneybound ideas. :love:

Last edited:
Hi, just booked June 12-17th at OKW for my niece and I, her first trip to Disney! She also graduates middle school the week before so it's a graduation celebration of sorts for us as well! We just got back from a full family trip in December (DD (4), DS (1) and the in laws!) so I am looking forward to this trip - no diapers to change!! LOL

We are going to be there June 12-17th. I'm a teacher as well, and the snow days the last few years have been terrible. I was hoping to go to Disney earlier in June, but it is too much risk. Anyhow, we (myself, husband, 2 daughters--3 and 7 at that point--my parents , and my brother) will be staying offsite at a rental home. This is our first family trip to WDW, so I"m a bit overwhelmed. We probably won't get tickets until June 11 (brother will purchase tickets from SOG as he is oversees) so our FP situation is a bit dicey. Looking forward to following this thread!

Is there a post anywhere that shows who is going, when, and at what resort?

Is there a post anywhere that shows who is going, when, and at what resort?
I was wondering this too. This thread seems very quiet, at least compared to other trip threads I have been in the past. :) Of course we are in the holding pattern phase of planning right now, not much to do but wait. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter