****The Official June 2015 thread!!! We're finally going to WDW***

Just caught up on reading about everyone's trips here! SO exciting! It's really happening huh?

I also wanted to post an update to mine...Things got Rocky for a bit and at one point almost had to cancel (lots of tears were shed) but now we're good to go! We're officially locked into BLT studio lake view for June 11-19th so we got the extra day like we we're hoping for (thanks to my Momma and Pops for the points). We also bought our tickets just before the price increase and now we're waiting to get the dining plan going (all ADR's are set though...including a BOG dinner).

Phew...now to get through the next 102 days...hehe! I can't wait to feel my very first magicband on my wrist!

UPDATE 2/28 1:40pm MST: I saw availability for the new Poly studios and made the switch! I'm SO excited! I couldn't believe there were rooms left!

Last edited:
Excited that it is now March... hopefully those summer discounts are released sometime this month!:goodvibes

yay! 92 days to go! Need to stop looking at dining reservations...added BOG lunch (lots of availability-even changed the time already). It is on the day we are switching resorts so it should work well-but I have a Cape May ADR for that night (figured we wouldn't want to venture to far from resort-at Beach club at this point- as it needs to be an early night for SWW next day). Debating on cancelling CM and just going onto boardwalk or into Epcot for dinner...

yay! 92 days to go! Need to stop looking at dining reservations...added BOG lunch (lots of availability-even changed the time already). It is on the day we are switching resorts so it should work well-but I have a Cape May ADR for that night (figured we wouldn't want to venture to far from resort-at Beach club at this point- as it needs to be an early night for SWW next day). Debating on cancelling CM and just going onto boardwalk or into Epcot for dinner...

We LOVE Cape May! It is fabulous! However, I just ate at the new Trattoria al Forno last weekend and it was fabulous! Seriously delicious! Worth venturing out for the short walk over to the Boardwalk.

I just found this forum. We are going to be in WDW May 30-June 10. I have been planning since August of 2014. Like many of the posters on here I too have been checking almost each day along the way for things. I can relate to many of you. I made all my ADRs exactly 180 days out so I was able to get all the times I wanted. I was especially worried about CRT and the SWC breakfast and Dinners but I got them! We are doing a split stay. First 4 nights at WL and last 7 at the POR. I am excited to join! Oh, we are celebrating my two graduating teens. We literally are leaving the graduation ceremony and heading straight to the airport! :D

Yea! I am planning a "last minute" trip for May 29- June 3. I have always been able to plan ahead more than 180 days so this time crunch is new to me. At least I'm in before to FP are released. I have all the adrs I want except bog or crt on June 2 for dinner. Any one know why I can see crt availability on my iPad but not on my cell phone mde app- it says to call. I have a 9:35 for bog on June 2 but would like an earlier time since I have a little one. Otherwise, we are going to Akersus for breakfast prepark opening, Ohana for dinner (our fav!) bog lunch and rainforest cafe at DTD. We are getting park hoppers this time which is new for us and going to one of the water parks which is also new to us! Can't decide which one though.

Yea! I am planning a "last minute" trip for May 29- June 3. I have always been able to plan ahead more than 180 days so this time crunch is new to me. At least I'm in before to FP are released. I have all the adrs I want except bog or crt on June 2 for dinner. Any one know why I can see crt availability on my iPad but not on my cell phone mde app- it says to call. I have a 9:35 for bog on June 2 but would like an earlier time since I have a little one. Otherwise, we are going to Akersus for breakfast prepark opening, Ohana for dinner (our fav!) bog lunch and rainforest cafe at DTD. We are getting park hoppers this time which is new for us and going to one of the water parks which is also new to us! Can't decide which one though.

Wow! That's a lot to pack into 6 days!

We are generally commando type, which is why I can't seem to talk DH into Club Level…BUT we don't try to squeeze in a water park too. :-) We are also most likely not doing AK this time around either…And just a half day at Epcot. Mainly SWW at HS and then MK.

I guess I am the total opposite! We will be there for 10 days. We only plan on 2 park days, a water park day, and a DTD day. The other days we are going to enjoy the resort, visit other resorts, or check out the surrounding areas. Oh, and only one ADR. I guess you could say we like to wing it!

I always try to have down time scheduled and a free resort day, but somehow DS and DH end up changing it into more park time…lol.

I hate that you are going to have to leave our little group. :sad:You have done an amazing job with the thread.

ugh....so sad to write this, but you guys will need to continue the June Planning thread without me....I had to cancel our trip on Saturday...its the sad story of "I thought we'd get back taxes from Uncle Sam to pay a huge chunk on the trip BUT he had other thoughts.."...:sad2:

BUT DH said.."Maybe next year!!"..

Gonna miss the planning and anticipation!! :chat:

The good side is DH still wants to go on vacation that same week, so we'll take a trip to a NC beach instead - for a fraction of the cost of WDW - and since we already had a beach trip booked for late July, this will be 2 weeks spend at the beach this summer..not too bad of a deal!

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

I hate that you are going to have to leave our little group. :sad:You have done an amazing job with the thread.

AWWW...you're the best for saying that!! :love::love::flower1::flower1:

I'm still going to stalk here and then you guys HAVE to write TR and Dining reports so I can vacation through you!! I'm already in the works for saving for next summer so there won't be any question on if we can go or not!!

However, I DID just read that they're supposed to be upgrading TSM and Soarin and it will be finished by late 2016 - and I hope they're both not DOWN next summer??!! That would be HORRIBLE!! :sad2::sad2:

I'm sure the DIS boards are talking about the announcement already so I'll have to go see what everyone is saying..

However, I DID just read that they're supposed to be upgrading TSM and Soarin and it will be finished by late 2016 - and I hope they're both not DOWN next summer??!! That would be HORRIBLE!! :sad2::sad2:

I'm sure the DIS boards are talking about the announcement already so I'll have to go see what everyone is saying..

I read that as well, however I don't see any official dates yet on the refurb list. Fingers crossed it is not this summer, especially since Pirates will already be down for a lengthy refurb this summer.

For anybody who will be getting to WDW before May 31st, (we get in on the 30th), Magic Kingdom will be closing early on Sunday, May 31st at 7:00. If you have any special reservations or ADR's that pertain to Wishes, ie. California Grill, Pirates
and Pals Firework Voyage or the Wishes Dessert party, you will want to call Disney and change them. I made my reservations back in Dec. and didn't think anything about it until I just happened to come across it on the website. I called and got my Pirates and Pals changed to a later date. Interestingly, the CM helping me had no idea why it is closing that early on the 31st. He said that it either means Disney is planning a special event??? or that the park is being rented, some (private event). He seemed confused by it. Just thought I would pass that along. We would have been very sad if we showed up for our "Special Event" only to be told there wouldn't be any fireworks that night.

For anybody who will be getting to WDW before May 31st, (we get in on the 30th), Magic Kingdom will be closing early on Sunday, May 31st at 7:00. If you have any special reservations or ADR's that pertain to Wishes, ie. California Grill, Pirates
and Pals Firework Voyage or the Wishes Dessert party, you will want to call Disney and change them. I made my reservations back in Dec. and didn't think anything about it until I just happened to come across it on the website. I called and got my Pirates and Pals changed to a later date. Interestingly, the CM helping me had no idea why it is closing that early on the 31st. He said that it either means Disney is planning a special event??? or that the park is being rented, some (private event). He seemed confused by it. Just thought I would pass that along. We would have been very sad if we showed up for our "Special Event" only to be told there wouldn't be any fireworks that night.

So weird! Good thing you noticed now! And thanks for sharing! Thankful we had planned DHS that day!

We just moved our reservation from WL to AoA. I'm sad about missing some things at WL because we love it there, and the savings wasn't that huge, but we decided to register for Wine & Dine which makes a 3rd trip this year to Disney so we have to scale back a little. Hopefully it will just be DH & I in Nov though! (We haven't had a getaway since our honeymoon!)

I'm excited we will be staying from June 13 thru June 20. We are staying at All Star Sports!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter