<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

If you have the recipe please post for other to share thanks!

I WISH I had the recipe...
Actually, I was asking what Sha Cha sauce was (for another recipe), but I found the answer online.
If I ever find out how to sear the steak like they do at Flying Fish, I will definitely post it here!
Can't thank everyone enough for sharing!

Hi there!

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place - so here's hoping!

I'd like the recipe for Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta from Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta in Disney's California Adventure. Anybody have that one? I'm pregnant right now and am having major cravings for it! :blush:

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!!:):goodvibes

I saw the Pollo a Las Rijas on disney food blog while looking through recipes and since I had most of the ingredients I thought I would give it a shot. IT IS AMAZING! I have never ate at San Angel Inn because where I'm from there are a lot of really good Mexican restaurants and while I am at the World the thought of Mexican food just didn't really appeal to me. (same with barbecue, not really a fan of the barbecue flavor at Disney, a little too tangy for my taste, I like more of a sweet flavor.)

I have only tried replicating a few recipes, I made figaro fries (which I never got the opportunity to have-they were discontinued right before my first trip), the minnies bake shop cookies---now my go to cookie recipe and this chicken dish. All are absolutely incredible! I have also tried making the Kona bread twice....both times were an epic fail lol But the butter on the other hand has turned out great! Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, I'm sure they have still reading through the pages but disneydiner.com is a great source for recipes. And she has a you tube channel.

Here are some pics of our Pollo a Las Rijas -
20130728_165744_zps712deaf6.jpg

I'm really late in thanking all the people who contribute to this thread. I have tried a few recipes with great success. I have made:

corn bread from Wilderness Lodge Whispering Canyon- amazing and freezes beautifully, which is good because the recipe makes a big full tray

Ohana green beans- This has become our go-to green bean recipe

Honey coriander wing sauce from Ohana- delicious. I put it on breast meat instead of wings. I could drink it plain it is so good.

Kona macademia nut pancakes with pineapple sauce and macademia nut butter- I have never been to Kona but kept reading about these in the Live food report thread. These were delicious, but they were the most filling dish I have ever eaten in my life so I doubt I will ever make them again. Everyone in the LFR says they are filling too so I think I made them correctly! :)

I'd love to make the pastelon de plantanos but there are no plantains where I'm at :( Next up is Cape May Clam Bake tomato bisque- very excited to see an easy tomato soup recipe that doesn't require a food mill

Hello,

Does anyone have/could anyone get the recipe for Nine Dragons Eggplant in Garlic Sauce? I know it's not on the menu anymore, but it was one of my favorite meals there.

Thanks in advance.

I'm really late in thanking all the people who contribute to this thread. I have tried a few recipes with great success. I have made:

corn bread from Wilderness Lodge Whispering Canyon- amazing and freezes beautifully, which is good because the recipe makes a big full tray

Ohana green beans- This has become our go-to green bean recipe

Honey coriander wing sauce from Ohana- delicious. I put it on breast meat instead of wings. I could drink it plain it is so good.

Kona macademia nut pancakes with pineapple sauce and macademia nut butter- I have never been to Kona but kept reading about these in the Live food report thread. These were delicious, but they were the most filling dish I have ever eaten in my life so I doubt I will ever make them again. Everyone in the LFR says they are filling too so I think I made them correctly! :)

I'd love to make the pastelon de plantanos but there are no plantains where I'm at :( Next up is Cape May Clam Bake tomato bisque- very excited to see an easy tomato soup recipe that doesn't require a food mill

I can't find an Ohana green bean recipe in the index... could you please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

I can't find an Ohana green bean recipe in the index... could you please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

I hope this is the right one... It is on page 100 of this thread post #1486 I hope that helps...

As a recipe collector, this recipe has me so excited! Thank you to everyone who contributed. I can't wait to dive in and make some stuff!

I just joined this thread and didn't see these recipes posted. I'm sure everyone knows about getting recipes from Disney Insider, but thought you might want the recipes added to your thread. I hope no one minds.

Potato-wrapped Red Snapper with Creamy Leek Fondue and Red Wine Reduction served at Flying Fish

Potato-wrapped Red Snapper Ingredients:
3 large Idaho Russet potatoes
4 tablespoons potato starch
Salt and freshly ground pepper
4 6-ounce skinless red snapper fillets
1 cup canola oil

Creamy Leek Fondue Ingredients:
4 leeks, whites only
4-6 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
8 ounces heavy cream
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Red Wine Reduction Ingredients:
1 onion, peeled and largely diced
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
1 head of garlic, halved
1/2 leek, halved and sliced
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 bottle Cabernet Sauvignon
Bones of half a chicken
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups beef stock
1/2 cup water
Salt and freshly ground pepper

For Potato-wrapped Red Snapper:
1. Cut the potatoes into a rectangle, cutting off all the skin.
2. Slice the potatoes with a slicer or sharp knife, thin enough so that you can see through them. Hold in cold water until ready use then drain.
3. Lay four 12-inch by 12-inch pieces of plastic wrap on a table. Place the potato slices so they slightly overlap each other on the plastic wrap, leaving a 2-3 inch margin around the edges to create four beds of potatoes.
4. Sprinkle potato starch evenly over each potato bed.
5. Season the fish with salt and pepper and place one fish in the center of each potato bed.
6. Fold one end of the plastic wrap over the fish to wrap the potato around it. Repeat with the other end. Keep wrapped in the plastic wrap to prevent discoloration.
7. Heat canola oil to 300 degrees in a large non-stick saute pan. Unwrap fish and place in pan. The oil should come halfway up the fish.
8. Cook fish until golden brown on one side. Turn fish over and continue cooking for about 10 minutes and golden brown.
9. Drain fish on a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.

Cooks’ notes: Cut the red snapper fillets as rectangle as possible to make it simpler to wrap with the potato slices.

For Creamy Leek Fondue:
1. Wash leeks thoroughly and drain. Cut the leeks in half lengthwise and cut the halves in diagonal 1-inch thick pieces.
2. Melt the butter and thyme in a medium saucepan.
3. Add leeks and cook slowly until they soften.
4. Add cream, salt, and pepper. Reduce until thick.

Cooks’ notes: The term “fondue” refers to finely chopped vegetables that have been reduced to a pulp by slow cooking.

For Red Wine Reduction:
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
2. Caramelize the onion, carrot, garlic, and leeks with 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a 6-quart heavy pot over moderately high heat, stirring until golden brown. Season with salt.
3. Add the wine to the vegetables and reduce by half, stirring often.
4. Toss the chicken bones with 1 tablespoon olive oil and place in a roasting pan. Roast the bones in the oven for about 30-45 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Add the chicken and beef stocks, water, and roasted bones to the vegetables and wine.
6. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat. Skim off the oil with a spoon as necessary.
7. Simmer for 2 hours and pass through a fine strainer.
8. Return to heat to further reduce the sauce for about 30 minutes.
9. Finish with salt, pepper, and a small amount of Cabernet Sauvignon, to taste.
10. If necessary, pass again through a fine strainer

Cooks’ notes: This reduction takes several hours to complete. It may be made a day ahead. Once cooked, allow it to cool completely and store in a covered container in the refrigerator. Simply reheat the reduction just before serving.

To Serve: Place leek fondue in the center of a plate and place the fish on top. Ladle the sauce on the plate.

Serves 4.

Epcot Biergarten Nudel Gratin

Ingredients:

2 cups heavy cream
2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch ground white pepper
Pinch nutmeg
4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
4 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded
1 pound cooked elbow macaroni

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 16×9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
Combine cream, eggs, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a large bowl, whisking to combine. Toss cheeses together in a small bowl until combined; remove 1 cup cheese and set aside. Stir remaining cheeses into cream mixture.
Cook macaroni until just tender; drain and add cream mixture, stirring immediately. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Cover with foil.
Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil, and sprinkle reserved cheese over top of noodles. Bake 15 minutes longer.
Cool 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve warm.

Serves 8 to 10.

Halibut with Tomato-Vegetable Ragu served at Wine Country Trattoria at Disney’s California Adventure

Ingredients:
1/2 cup 1/2-inch diced Yukon gold potato
4 (8-ounce, 1/2-inch thick) filets fresh halibut
3/4 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 shallot, chopped
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup of yellow pear tomatoes
1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
1 cup 2-inch chopped green beans
1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts
1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
1 lemon, juiced
Garnish: microgreens, chopped fresh basil

Instructions:
1. Place diced potato in a small saucepan; cover with cold water. Cook over high heat until potatoes are just tender, approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot, sauteing until golden and fragrant.
3. Add wine and pear tomatoes and cook for 30 seconds, lightly scraping the pan. Add cooked potatoes and stewed tomatoes, stirring to combine. Add artichoke hearts and green beans. Simmer until green beans are tender.
4. Meanwhile, season halibut evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper on both sides. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When oil shimmers, place fish in pan, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip, and cook the second side for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Mix prepared pesto and lemon juice in a medium bowl; set aside.
6. Evenly divide tomato mixture among 4 serving dishes. Top with fish. Drizzle each with lemon-pesto mixture. Garnish with the microgreens and basil.

Serves 4.

Garlic Shrimp with Tomatoes, Lemon, and Broccoli Rabe 2013 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival cookbook - Australia Marketplace

Ingredients:

24 medium shrimp (16/20), peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon coarse salt
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tablespoon chili powder
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons oil from sun-dried tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
3/4 pound broccoli rabe, cut into thirds
Juice and zest of 1 lemon

Instructions:

Season shrimp with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
Heat olive oil and sun-dried tomato oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
Add shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes, tossing once or twice. Add garlic, tomatoes, and broccoli rabe; cook another 2 to 3 minutes, tossing once or twice.
Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Cook’s notes: The “16/20” refers to the size of the shrimp, meaning 16 to 20 per pound.

Serves 8.

Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie Recipe From Flo’s V-8 Café at Disney California Adventure® Park

Streusel Topping Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups sliced frozen rhubarb
Favorite pie crust or pie dough for 2-crust pie
1 egg
1 tablespoon water
2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 cup sugar
Zest of 1 orange
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

Preparation for Streusel:
1. Combine sugar, brown sugar, flour, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
2. Mix in softened butter with a fork or fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Stir in vanilla extract. Set aside.

Preparation for Pie:
1. Place rhubarb on towel or layers of paper towels to thaw and drain, removing as much liquid as possible.
2. Preheat oven to 425˚F.
3. Roll out crust for two 9-inch crusts. Place 1 crust in bottom of pie pan; chill for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together egg and water in a small bowl to make egg wash. Set aside.
4. Mix thawed and drained rhubarb, strawberries, brown sugar, sugar, orange zest, and orange juice in a large mixing bowl; set aside for 10 minutes.
5. Stir flour and cinnamon into rhubarb-strawberry mixture.
6. Pour filling into shell and brush edges with egg wash. Add top crust and seal edges with fork tines.
7. Use a sharp knife to slice a cross into center of pie crust. Using your fingers, pull back all 4 points of the cross until the dough can be pressed into edges of crust. Egg wash top of pie and sprinkle streusel topping onto exposed pie filling.
8. Collar pie with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Decrease temperature to 375˚F and bake an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until pie is golden brown, removing foil last 15 minutes.
9. Cool before serving.

Makes 9-inch pie.

Does anyone have the recipe for the new cold oatmeal being served at Hollywood & Vine for breakfast? I know you have to put oats overnight in half and half (sounds healthy right?). It was so good and I would love to make it for a brunch.

Does anyone know the recipe for the rice they serve at Teppan Edo? We were there in Sept. & they gave us a little bowl of rice before our meal. It wasn't plain white rice & it wasn't fried rice like you would usually get. It looked like it had shredded meat in it. I'm not sure though. It tasted great! If anyone has it or has an idea of what's in it, plz post. Thanks.

From the 2013 Food and Wine Festival at Epcot

Sweet Cornbread with Creamed Corn (West Virginia-Style)
From Kitchen Memories Event at 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival, Andrew Zimmern
Servings 10

1 1/4 cup cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons minced chives
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
1 fourteen ounce can creamed-style corn
Preheat oven to 475°F. Butter a 10-inch cast iron skillet.

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, melted butter, chives and creamed corn. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine. Pour the batter into the prepared skillet. Place skillet in oven, close door and lower heat to 425 degrees. Bake until cornbread is honey brown on top, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool 30 minutes in skillet and serve. You can also cool completely and wrap to serve later.

Low Country Shrimp and Corn
From Kitchen Memories Event at 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival, Andrew Zimmern

2 pounds medium sized shrimp (@ 15 per pound)
1 bay leaf
1T crushed peppercorns
1 lemon in quarters
3 ears sweet corn kernels, cut from the cob
1 cup shaved scallions
1 lemon thinly sliced
2 fresh hot green chiles, split
5 sprigs fresh marjoram

The Sauce
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
3T minced dill
3T white vinegar
2T sugar
½ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large sauce pan place the shrimp in just enough water to cover. Add the bay leaf, peppercorns, and the quartered lemon, squeezed. Bring to a boil over moderately high heat. Add the corn, marjoram, chile and stir once, remove from heat. Drain and turn into a serving bowl.
Remove the lemon and bay leaf. Fold in the scallions and lemon slices. Pour the vinaigrette over the corn/shrimp.
Let stand for 20 minutes tossing occasionally.
Serve.
Served as a main (with fried green tomatoes and crusty baguette) or a hearty side with pulled pork.

Driscoll Berry Cobbler
8 small portions

Cobbler Topping
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Fruit Filling
1 quart quartered fresh ripe strawberries
1 pint diced rhubarb
1 quart blackberries
1 pint blueberries
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine all fruit filling ingredients and set aside, being sure to toss corn starch well throughout the fruit. Combine baking soda, salt and flour. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Add dry ingredients with a spatula. Place fruit filling into a large brownie pan, baking dish or oversized deep pie tin. Evenly distribute tablespoon sized clumps of cobbler topping across the fruit. Bake for about 40 minutes or until top is crisped and fruit is bubbling. Let cool for an hour on counter top. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

Scottish Banoffee Pie
Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2013, Scotland Booth
Makes 1 Nine-Inch Pie

1 Stick Unsalted Butter
1/2 Cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
1 (14 Ounce) Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
Favorite Pre-Made 9-Inch Chocolate Cookie Crust
2-3 Bananas
1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
2 Teaspoons Sugar

1. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and stir until melted and combined. Add condensed milk and bring mixture to a simmer for a few minutes, stirring continuously. The mixture should darken and thicken slightly.
2. Pour filling into crust. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate for at least 1 hour until filling is firm.
3. Slice bananas and place on top of filling in a single layer, covering filling completely.
4. Whip cream with sugar until medium peaks form. Spread whipped cream on top of bananas.

Beef Empanadas
Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2013, Argentina Marketplace
Makes 20 Empanadas

6 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 pound cold vegetable shortening, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
2 eggs, beaten and divided
1 cup ice water, divided
1/2 cup melted vegetable shortening or vegetable oil
2 cups finely chopped white onion
1 1/4 pounds thick sliced roast beef, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
salsa, optional

1. Combine flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. With fingers, work shortening into flour until mixture resembles coarse meal.
2. Combine 1 beaten egg with 3/4 cup water; gradually add water mixture to flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until a soft dough forms. Add remaining 1/4 cup water if dough seems dry.
3. Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead 5 to 6 turns. Divide dough into 2 pieces, form each into a disk, and wrap each disk tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Heat shortening or oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add onions, and cook until soft but not brown, about 10 minutes.
5. Stir in beef, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is well combined, about 3 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. On a large, floured surface, roll out one half of dough to 1/8-inch thickness. With a round 5-inch cutter, cut 10 circles. Repeat with remaining half of the dough.
8. Add 1/2 tablespoon water to remaining beaten egg. Lightly brush outside edges of each circle with egg wash and spoon about 2 tablespoons of filling in centers.
9. Fold dough in half, enclosing filling, and firmly press edges together. Press tines of a fork along edges to seal.
10. Place empanadas on two ungreased baking sheets and lightly brush each with egg wash. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately with salsa, if desired.

Does anyone know if the cornbread apple stuffing recipe from the garden grill (in the PDF) is the same as the one being served now?

I've been using the search button, and searching everywhere, but can anyone point me in the direction of the duck breast recipe from Kona?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter