<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

I think I've properly searched for this recipe, if I missed it just let me know!

I'm looking for the recipe from the Pirates IN the Caribbean night on the DCL: Jack Sparrow's Barbecue Marinated Beef Short Ribs - Rubbed beef short rips with tamarind-barbecue sauce and served with onion red bliss mashed potatoes and plantain chip. I've found pictures, but I really really really want to make them!

Yesterday I purchased all the ingredients to make the cinamon rolls, that's my task for tomorrow. I'm looking forward to baking them and of course trying them!

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my experience with the WDW Cinamon Rolls. I've spent the day prepping the dough and trying to find somewhere warm for it to 'prove' but having just polished one off with my hot choc for tea is was well worth the wait! Good things come to those who wait as they say! :rotfl:

Here they are just before going in the oven:
2013-02-23180816_zps24c699ae.jpg

and as they came out of the oven, still in the tin:
2013-02-23182835_zps87824313.jpg

and some of the spares on a plate:
2013-02-23183210_zps7c492e55.jpg

We opted not to add the frosting through choice, but I'm sure it would have been lovely!

As I had to convert the recipe to grams rather than cups for UK use, I thought I would share it for anyone else who prefers to do things this way.

125ml Warm Water
16g yeast (2 sachets)
2 tablespoons of caster sugar
2 packets of vanilla Angel Delight
500ml Milk
113g unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1024g self raising flour
227g unsalted butter, melted (this was more than enough though!
440g light soft brown sugar
2 tablespoons cinamon

A couple of hints are make sure you grease the tray/tin REALLY WELL as the filling may spill out while cooking and it sticks fast! Remove from the tin virtually straight away to avoid setting. :thumbsup2

I hope you all enjoy them as much as me and the parents have!

Had an amazing dessert on Dream this week called the Goodnight Kiss. It was a fudge square and a passion fruit jello square. Asked the server for recipe but then forgot the next day to get it from her. Anyone have that recipe? Thanks!

does anyone have the Worcestershire sauce/dressing recipe that was with the Bacon Blue Cheeseburger at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen at Downtown Disney in CA? The wife is looking for it, she misses it so

Hi
I'm looking for the Lobster Tortelini from Coral Reef recipe.
I had the Lobster Tortelini last time I visited, and I was looking forward to have it again on our next visit, but they changed the menu. Now I would really lie to cook it myself at home, because I really loved it.

Does anyone have the recipe or a similar one?

greeneyes - I'm on the road a lot these days and don't cook all that much or keep up with things Disney - except for once in while when I go crazy and track down all the new recipes! If there's anything you think looks new and interesting in the F&W Festival cookbook and care to share - I'm not fussy about what it is. I'm going to order the new Disney cookbook today.

celtic-twilight.jpg

Celtic Twilight
Palo in Disney Cruise Line at Disney Cruise Line

1 1/2 oz. Jameson Irish whiskey
3/4 oz. Pernod anise
1 oz. Noilly Prat vermouth
Dash of Angostura bitters

Pour over ice. Stir well. Garnish with a lemon wheel.

LeFou's Brew
Gaston's Tavern, Magic Kingdom
makes 32 ounces

Foam Topping Ingredients:
1 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
4 tablespoons Mango Nectar/Juice (I found this in my grocery store's Mexican Food aisle)
4 tablespoons Passionfruit Juice (I found this in the refrigerated juice section, by orange juice)
3 tablespoons sugar

Pour whipping cream into mixing bowl. Add mango and passionfruit juices. Add sugar and beat on high until stiff peaks form (this can take a while and it helps if your mixing bowl has been chilled). Set aside in fridge.

Apple Slush Ingredients:
2 (12 ounce) cans of frozen no-sugar added apple juice concentrate (keep frozen until ready to use)
12 ounces cold water (I just filled one of the empty juice cans for this)
3 squirts (or tablespoons) Torani Toasted Marshmallow Syrup

Dump both cans of frozen apple juice into a blender. Add water and 3 squirts of the toasted marshmallow syrup. Blend on high for about 10 seconds. You should now have a slush texture beverage. Immediately** pour into glasses and top with prepared foam topping.
Note: Disney keeps the mix moving in rotating slush machines all day. With that in mind, don't make your Le Fou's Brew until you are actually ready to serve it. It does not keep.

halibut-ceviche.jpg

Halibut Ceviche
Carthay Circle in Disneyland

Ingredients - Halibut Ceviche
1/2 pound sushi-grade halibut, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
1/4 pound yellowtail, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Coarse salt, to taste
1 Roma tomato, seeded and finely chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber, peeled and seeded
1/4 cup chopped cilantro, divided
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
Juice of 2 limes, divided
1 Haas avocado, finely chopped
2 tablespoons yellow onion, finely chopped
1 thinly sliced red jalapeno, for garnish

Ingredients - Tomatillo-Jalapeno Sauce
1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 jalapeno, thinly sliced with seeds
3 tomatillos, sliced
1 cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Coarse salt, to taste

Directions - Tomatillo-Jalapeno Sauce
Saute onions and garlic in olive oil in a medium saucepan over low heat.
Add jalapenos and tomatillos, cover with water and simmer until tomatillo is tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove from heat, cool and drain.
Puree mixture with cucumber and cilantro in a blender.
Strain through a fine strainer and season with salt.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Directions - Halibut Ceviche
Mix together halibut, yellowtail, orange juice, lime juice and lemon juice in a glass bowl, stirring to coat fish.
Add a generous pinch of salt, cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
After fish marinates 4 to 6 hours, and just before serving, drain and stir together ceviche with tomato, cucumber, half of chopped cilantro, 1 tablespoon olive oil, juice of 1 lime, and salt in a mixing bowl.
In another bowl, mix avocado, onion, remaining chopped cilantro, remaining lime juice, remaining olive oil and salt.
To serve, spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons of tomatillo-jalapeno sauce onto each plate. Top each with equal amounts of avocado salad, then ceviche. Garnish with jalapeno slices.

obr580672LARGE.jpg

Osso Bucco with Saffron Risotto
Disney Cruise Lines
Serves 4

2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 large carrots, finely diced
2 stalks celery, finely diced
4 center-cut veal shanks
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 small yellow onion, finely diced
1/2 cup dry red wine (such as Merlot)
4 cups veal stock*
1 (14-ounce) can peeled plum tomatoes
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped

Saffron Risotto
8 cups vegetable stock
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, divided
4 shallots, finely diced
2 cups Arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup brandy
1 teaspoon saffron threads
1 cup mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Red Wine Sauce
2 shallots, finely diced
1 stalk celery, finely diced
1/2 large carrot, finely diced
1/2 leek, finely diced
1 1/4 cups red wine
2 cups reserved Osso Bucco cooking liquid

Gremolata
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

For risotto:
Bring vegetable stock to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and keep warm on stove.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large, deep sauté pan or stockpot over medium heat. Add shallots, cooking until just tender, about 3 minutes.
Add rice, stirring to coat in butter. Cook until rice turns milky white and opaque, and just begins to stick to bottom of pan.
Add wine and brandy, and stir 2 minutes, until liquid is almost absorbed. Crumble saffron into pan, stirring to combine.
Ladle about 1 cup simmering stock into rice. Cook about 2 minutes, stirring often, until stock is almost completely absorbed. Continue adding stock, 1 cup at a time, stirring gently until almost all broth is absorbed before adding next cup. Add stock until rice is creamy and cooked through.
Stir in mascarpone, cream, and Parmesan; season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter.

For osso bucco:
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Heat oil in a heavy stockpot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Season shanks with salt and pepper; working in batches to avoid crowding pan, add shanks to pan. Sear shanks until golden brown, then transfer to a plate and set aside.
Add garlic, carrots, celery, and onion to pan, adding additional oil if needed; cook, stirring often, until softened.
Add wine and tomatoes to pan, stirring until wine is reduced by two-thirds. Add shanks back to pan; pour stock to cover shanks by three-quarters.
Cover pan and place in oven. Cook 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until shanks are very tender.
Remove shanks from cooking liquid; strain cooking liquid through a fine-mesh sieve and set aside.

For red wine sauce:
Heat oil in a large, deep sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots, celery, carrot, and leek. Cook until vegetables begin to brown.
Add wine and cook until almost completely reduced. Add strained cooking liquid and simmer until reduced by half, about 20 minutes. Strain sauce through a fine-mesh sieve.

For gremolata:
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring until completely combined.

To serve:
Spoon risotto in the center of a dish; place a shank over risotto. Top with gremolata and drizzle with red wine sauce.

Turkey Leg
Food Cart in Magic Kingdom at Disney World

Ingredients - Turkey Legs
8 turkey legs

Ingredients - Brine
1 gallon water
1 C. kosher salt
1/2 C. sugar
2 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp ground pepper
1 tsp rubbed sage
1 tsp ground cumin

Ingredients - Spice Rub
3 Tbsp onion powder
2 Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp rubbed sage
3 Tbsp vegetable or light olive oil

Directions
Rinse turkey legs in cold water, pat dry.
For brine, combine brine ingredients in large pan.
Bring to a boil.
Remove from heat, cover, and let cool to room temperature.
Pour into container and refrigerate brine until cold (approximately 35-40 degrees F).
Place the turkey legs into brine.
Let soak four to six hours.
Remove legs, rinse well, and discard brine.
Dry drumsticks well with paper towels.
In small bowl, combine spice rub ingredients with fork til well mixed.
Rub onto turkey legs.
Let drumsticks sit out for about one hour.
Place turkey legs into smoker at 225 degrees F.
A light-flavored wood is best for turkey.
Smoke legs for four to six hours, til meat is nearly falling off the bone.
Remove legs from smoker, and let rest for half an hour.

Spirit of Aloha Chicken
Spirit of Aloha in Polynesian Resort at Disney World

1 whole chicken ( 2-3 lb)
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
1 tablespoon black pepper (ground)
3 tablespoons rosemary ( ground)
1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon curry powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
2 cups sugar
1 cup chicken base
1 1/2 tablespoons garlic salt
3 tablespoons fennel ( ground )

Wash whole chicken in fresh running water, pat dry and cut into 8 pieces, (2 breasts, 2 wings, 2 legs, 2 thighs).
Combine all seasoning ingredients in large mixing bowl.
Sprinkle seasoning ingredients on chicken evenly and allow to marinate at least 3 hours or overnight if possible.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place seasoned chicken on wire rack in roasting pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
Turn down oven to 250 degrees F and continue to bake for another 30-40 minutes. Chicken will be crispy and golden brown.

Lamb Potjie
Boma-Flavors of Africa, Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 16 servings (8 quarts)

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon curry powder
4 teaspoons prime rib spice (may substitute Montreal seasoning)
1 teaspoon cumin
24 ounces cubed lamb meat
3 tablespoons bacon fat
2 ounces cubed parsnips
4 ounces cubed carrots
6 ounces cubed white onion
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 teaspoon dried basil
flour
1 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup red wine
1 cup beef stock
4 cups Bisquick baking mix

Note: A potjie (poy-kee) is a 3 legged cast iron cooking vessel that the Dutch introduced into South African cooking.

1. Toss cumin, prime rib spice and curry in flour. Toss cubed lamb in seasoning and coat.
2. Place potjie on high flame and add bacon. When smoking, reduce heat to medium and brown meat in batches.
3. Add all vegetables except tomatoes to potjie and sauce. Add chopped garlic and basil.
4. Sprinkle enough flour over the mixture to absorb any remaining bacon or meat fat. Add tomatoes.
5. Deglaze pan with red wine and then add beef stock. Bring product to a boil and reduce to a simmer until lamb is tender.
6. Cover potjie with thin layer of biscuit mix and bake in 300 degree oven until potjie is golden brown.

lcd117183SMALL.jpg

Marinated Lamb Chops with Couscous Tabbouleh and Mint Mojo
Disney Cruise Line
Serves 4

Lamb Chops
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
8 to 10 lamb chops
Light olive oil, for cooking

Couscous Tabbouleh
2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
1 (10-ounce) box couscous
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lime, zested and juiced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 small red onion, finely diced
1/2 European cucumber, seeded and finely diced
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed

Mint Mojo
1 1/2 cups mint jelly
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 bunch mint leaves (about 1 packed cup)
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

For lamb chops:
Whisk together oil, lemon zest and juice, oregano, cumin, and pepper in a shallow dish. Add garlic. Add lamb chops and turn to coat.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
Remove chops from refrigerator and shake off excess marinade. Set aside.
Heat a large grill pan or skillet over high heat. Brush pan lightly with oil. Add chops and cook 2 1/2 minutes per side for medium-rare.

For couscous tabbouleh:
Bring vegetable stock to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Meanwhile, place couscous in a medium heatproof bowl. Drizzle with olive oil. When stock boils, carefully pour over couscous; cover tightly with plastic wrap and set aside 5 minutes.
Uncover and fluff couscous with a fork. Stir in lime zest and juice, cumin, salt, and pepper. Add tomatoes, garlic, onion, cucumber, cilantro, and chickpeas. Stir to combine.

For mint mojo:
Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until well combined.

To serve:
Spoon a portion of couscous into the center of a plate; place 2 lamb chops onto the couscous. Drizzle mint mojo around the plate and garnish with a sprig of mint, if desired.

Grilled Tuna with Truffle-Infused Potato Risotto, Garlic-Marinated Artichokes, and Tarragon-Veal Jus
Palo, DCL
Serves 4

Potato Risotto
1/2 pound russet potato, peeled and cubed
1 shallot, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup dry white wine (such as chardonnay)
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon white truffle oil
Freshly grated parmesan cheese, to taste

Tarragon Veal Jus
1 1/4 cups veal stock
1 cup dry red wine (such as merlot)
3 stalks fresh tarragon

Marinated Artichokes
1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 shallot, sliced
4 artichokes packed in oil,* drained, cut into thirds
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives

Grilled Tuna
4 (1/2-pound) ahi tuna steaks
Extra virgin olive oil, for grilling

For marinated artichokes:
Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat until it shimmers. Add shallot and garlic, cooking until fragrant and golden.
Add artichokes, tomatoes, and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sauté until tomatoes just begin to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and set aside until ready to serve.

For tarragon veal jus:
Combine red wine and tarragon stalks in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer until reduced by 1/3, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Add veal stock and simmer until reduced by 1/3, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve and set aside until ready to serve.

For potato risotto:
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook potatoes until tender but not falling apart, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add shallot, cooking until translucent. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, or until very fragrant and golden.
Add white wine, simmering until reduced, about 3 minutes. Add cream, simmering until reduced and slightly thickened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Drain potatoes and return to hot saucepan to allow excess water to evaporate.
Gently fold cooked potatoes into cream mixture. Add additional salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and fold in truffle oil and parmesan cheese.

For grilled tuna:
Preheat grill to 400°F.
Rinse tuna steaks and pat dry. Brush both sides with oil and season with salt and pepper.
Place tuna on hot grill and sear each side 2 minutes for rare. If you prefer well done, cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes per side.

To serve:
Evenly divide potato risotto among 4 serving plates. Cut tuna steaks in half and place over potatoes. Evenly divide artichoke mixture among plates and drizzle with tarragon veal jus.
*Note: Artichokes packed in oil can be found in specialty grocery stores, some supermarkets, and online atwww.williams-sonoma.com.

Sci-Fi Shrimp Pasta
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater, Disney's Hollywood Studios

4 ounces olive oil
6 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, julienne
2 ounces garlic, chopped
32 large shrimp
2 ounces capers, drained
4 ounces Chardonnay
4 ounces Kalamata olives, quartered
16 ounce box bowtie pasta, cooked
8 ounces artichoke hearts, quartered
2 ounces spinach leaves
6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
salt and pepper to taste

Heat oil in pan until light smoke. Add sun-dried tomatoes and garlic. Saute for a minute, being careful not to burn garlic. Add shrimp, capers, salt and pepper. Cook until shrimp are 3/4 done. Add wine to deglaze the pan. Let this reduce for 2 minutes on medium to high heat to cook out the alcohol in the wine. Add pasta, olives, artichokes and spinach. Toss until all ingredients are hot. Divide equally into 4 pasta bowls and top with feta cheese. Enjoy

Key Lime Pie
Chef Mickey’s, Contemporary Resort at Disney World

1 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
4 egg yolks
1/4 tsp vanilla
6 tbsp Key lime juice
1 9" prepared graham cracker pie shell
1/2 cup whipped cream
1 fresh lime, sliced

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Combine milk and egg yolks in a blender or food processor on low speed.
Slowly add lime juice, mixing until well blended. Pour into pie shell. Bake 20 minutes.
Let cool and refrigerate. Top with whipped cream and a slice of lime.

pave-de-maracuja.jpg

Pave de Maracuja
Food and Wine Festival in EPCOT at Disney World

48 champagne finger biscuits or lady finger biscuits
2 cups sweetened condensed milk
6 large egg yolks
1 cup fresh or bottled unsweetened passion fruit juice
6 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
1 cup milk

Arrange the biscuits in a 2-quart bowl to cover the bottom and sides.
Remove biscuits from bowl and set aside.
Blend condensed milk, egg yokes, and juice in a food processor or blender for 1 minute.
Add the mascarpone cheese and blend on high until smooth.
Cover the bottom of the serving bowl with 1 cup of the mixture; set aside.
Pour the milk into a separate bowl.
Reserve 6 biscuits for the topping, then quickly dip the remaining biscuits one by one in the milk (do not soak biscuits or they will fall apart).
Place moistened the biscuits on the bottom and sides of the serving bowl, fitting snugly side by side.
Add half the remaining passion fruit mixture and cover with another layer of soaked biscuits.
Top with remaining passion fruit mixture.
Crumble reserved dry biscuits and sprinkle over the top.
Cover and chill for at least three hours before serving.

custard-kiwi-roll.jpg

Custard Kiwi Roll
Food and Wine Festival in EPCOT at Disney World, New Zealand

Ingredients - Pastry Cream
3 c milk
1/2 c + 1 Tbl cornstarch
3 eggs, beaten
3/4 c granulated sugar
1/2 c butter

Ingredients - Sponge Sheet
4 eggs
1/2 c granulated sugar
3/4 c all-purpose flour, sifted
1/4 c butter, melted

Ingredients - Kiwi Sauce
4 kiwis, peeled
1 tsp lemon juice
4 Tbl granulated sugar

Directions - Pastry Cream
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and generously butter a 15 x 10 x 1-inch jellyroll pan.
Combine 1 cup of milk with the cornstarch and stir until it is dissolved.
Beat the eggs into the milk, one at a time.
In a heavy saucepan, combine the remaining milk, sugar and butter.
Bring the mixture to a boil, over medium heat, and whisk in the eggs.
Stir continuously until the mixture thickens.
Remove from heat and strain the custard into a small bowl.
Cool and refrigerate until well chilled.

Directions - Sponge Sheet
Beat the eggs and sugar until thick and pale in color.
Fold the flour into the egg mixture, in three batches, adding the butter with the last batch.
Spread batter in the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Set aside to cool.

Directions - Kiwi Sauce
Combine 3 kiwis with the lemon juice and sugar and process in a blender until the fruit is pureed.
Cut the fourth kiwi into 1/4-inch diced pieces and fold into the puree.

Directions - Assembly
Spread the pastry cream onto the sponge sheet and roll it to form a log.
Serve with the Kiwi Sauce.

crepes-atlas.jpg

Crepes Atlas
Restaurant Marrakesh in EPCOT at Disney World

Ingredients - Crepes
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
2 tbsp butter, melted
Ingredients - Filling
2 cups apple pie filling
Ingredients - Sauce
1 cup honey
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a baking sheet and set aside. Heat a 5 to 7 inch skillet over medium heat.
Combine eggs, flour and salt in a large bowl. Add just enough of the milk to make a smooth paste.
Add the remaining milk, stirring until there are no lumps. Whisk in the melted butter.
Ladle or pour just enough crepe batter to cover the pan with a thin layer (about 1/4 cup) and quickly rotate pan to distribute the batter evenly. Cook over medium heat until the edges of the crepe curl up and brown slightly, about 1 to 2 minutes. Using two spatulas, flip it over and cook the other side for 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove to a plate. Pour batter into pan for the next crepe. Meanwhile, spoon 1/4 cup apple pie filling down the center of the cooked crepe. Roll up the crepe and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Continue preparing crepes in this fashion until the batter is gone. Add the hot melted butter to the honey and cinnamon and stir with a fork. Pour the honey mixture over the crepes. Bake 5 to 8 minutes, or until the crepes are warmed through.
Remove from the oven and transfer to individual plates. Drizzle crepes with pan sauce and serve with vanilla ice cream sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon.

tik986794SMALL.jpg

Watermelon Salad
From EPCOT® Flower and Garden Festival at Walt Disney World Resort®
Serves 6

Balsamic Vinaigrette
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons finely diced shallots
2 tablespoons roasted garlic*
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup extra virgin olive oil

Pickled Onions
1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons grenadine syrup
1 tablespoon salt
1/4 pound red onions, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rings

Watermelon Salad
4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
3 cups baby arugula
1/4 cup white balsamic vinaigrette
1/4 cup pickled onion
1/4 cup balsamic glaze*
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

Preparation for balsamic vinaigrette:
1. Combine white balsamic vinegar, shallots, garlic, honey, and lemon juice in a blender. Blend until well combined.
2. With blender running, slowly drizzle in olive oil. Blend until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Preparation for pickled onions:
1. If using frozen raspberries, thaw. Purée raspberries in a food processor. Pour purée through a fine-mesh sieve. Discard seeds; set puree aside.
2. Combine raspberry purée, water, sugar, grenadine, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring to dissolve salt and sugar.
3. Add onions; stir to coat, then remove from heat. Set aside 20 minutes.

Preparation for watermelon salad:
1. Divide watermelon among plates. Toss arugula with white balsamic vinaigrette in a medium bowl and lightly season with salt & pepper.
2. Top each portion of watermelon with arugula. Top each serving with 2 to 3 picked onion rings, then sprinkle with feta. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Cook’s Note: Balsamic glaze can be found in most supermarkets on the oil and vinegar aisle. To make your own, place 2 cups balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and simmer until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 40 minutes.

This thread is absolutely amazing, thank you to everyone for sharing! I have lots of recipes to make now. If anyone else has additional flower and garden recipes I'd love to see them! We were there last week and had so much good food at those booths!

The Frushi seemed to be very popular at the Garden Show.

Frushibl.JPG

Frushi
2013 Epcot Flower and Garden Show, Hanami Booth
(Fresh strawberries, pineapple and cantaloupe rolled with coconut rice, atop a raspberry sauce sprinkled with toasted coconut and whipped cream)

2 cups sushi rice, cooked per package directions
1 tablespoon cream of coconut
16 soy wrappers
16 fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
1/2 cantaloupe, cut into 4 inch long by 1/4 inch wide rectangles
1/2 pineapple, peeled and cored, cut into 4 inch long by 1/4 inch wide rectangles
Toasted coconut for garnish

Let sushi rice cool slightly, stir in cream of coconut.
Set aside to cool to room temperature.
Lay one soy wrapper on flat surface.
Place about 1/4 cup sushi rice on the soy wrapper, pressing with moistened fingers to cover the whole sheet.
Place one piece each of pineapple and cantaloupe, and four pieces of strawberry in the center of the rice covered sheet.
Starting at one end, fold about one third of the roll up, then roll the sheet into a cylinder, keeping fruit in the middle.
Moisten soy wrapper to seal.
Cut into 4 equal pieces.
Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Garnish with toasted coconut and whipped cream on the side.

Would love to have the recipe for the Mornin Tug Boat that is on the breakfast menu at Royal Court on the Fantasy. The description is a blend of strawberries, bananas, raisin granola, almonds and yogurt. It sounded and tasted easy enough to recreate on our own, but we can't seem to get the measurements correct bc our versions are no where near as tasty as the ones we had at breakfast on the ship.:confused3

Updated to here on the index.

:) Thanks for all those who are sharing!!! Will be checking the index for those who were asking for recipes...

I'd love to find the recipes for two of the dips that Jiko's A Taste of Africa appetizer has. The descriptions are as follows:

Bhuna Masala (red sauce)
Curry consisting of tomato, coconut, tamarind, and chile peppers. Our version is roasted.

Sagh Dahl (green sauce)
Also known as Dhal Saag. It is a paste or sauce made of lentils, spinach, garlic, and chiles.

Please and thank you!

Does anyone have the recipe for “Char-crusted Certified Black Angus New York Strip Steak” from the flying Fish?

We ate there last week and I have to say this was one of the BEST steaks - EVER!
Would love it if someone can share how they do it...
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter