<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Key Lime Tars
Sunshine Seasons, The Land, Epcot
Yield: 10 – 3 inch tarts

Ingredients for crust
1 ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
1 ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup granulated sugar

Ingredients for filling
¾ cup key lime juice
1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream
¼ cup cold water
1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
4 each egg whites
1 cup granulated sugar

Ingredients for meringue topping
6 each egg whites
1 ¼ cup granulated sugar

Method of Preparation
1. In a bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and 1 cup of sugar.
2. Place this mix in tart shells and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
3. Bloom gelatin and water over double boiler until mix is clear to the bottom. Do not boil!
4. Whip up the heavy cram until soft peaks form.
5. Heat the sugar and the egg whites over a double boiler until warm, whipping constantly with a wire whip.
6. Transfer the meringue into a power mixer and beat on high until very stiff.
7. Mix meringue together with warm gelatin until incorporated.
8. Add lime juice and heavy cream. Fold together.
9. Remove tart crusts from their molds and fill with the cream mixture.
10. Place meringue in a pastry bag fitted with a star tip and brown with a pastry torch. Serve immediately.

One of my favorites!:)

SAUSAGE & BISCUIT SKILLET
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Boma

Yield: 10 servings

Ingredients:

1 pound Bulk Sausage
1 each Green Pepper, large dice
1 each Red Pepper, large dice
2 each Yellow Squash, large dice
1 each Zucchini, large dice
2 each Russet Potatoes, medium dice
1 tablespoon Granulated Garlic
1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
1 tablespoon Ground Coriander
1 teaspoon Turmeric
1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 tablespoon Black Pepper
Boursin Cheese Sauce
2 ounces Butter
2 ounces Flour
1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme
1 pint Heavy Cream
1 package Boursin Cheese
To taste Salt and Pepper

Method:

In a skillet over medium high heat, add the sausage and cook until brown using a metal spatula to break the sausage apart. While the meat is cooking, add half the spices.

Once the meat cooks for 10 minutes, add all the vegetables including the potatoes. Add the remaining half of the spices. Cook another 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender, but not mushy.

Remove the skillet from the heat and drain the fat. Set the sausage mixture aside for later.

To make the boursin cheese sauce: In a saucepot over medium high heat, melt the butter. Slowly add the flour using a whisk to form a roux. Cook the roux for one minute. Add the heavy cream, whisking as you go, to incorporate the cream. Turn the heat down to low and cook for 5 minutes.

Add the boursin cheese and fresh thyme, stirring as you cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and chill.

When it is time to serve this dish for breakfast or brunch, place the sausage mixture in a large mixing bowl. Slowly add the boursin cheese sauce to make a mixture similar to a pot pie filling. Preheat the oven to 350o. Place the sausage and cheese mixture in a casserole dish and top with your favorite store-bought biscuit. (The biscuits need to be raw.) Bake about 20 minutes or until the biscuits are brown. Serve immediately.

Both the sausage and cheese sauce can be made the day ahead and mixed together on the day of service.

San Angel Inn
Recipe

Combinacion Cozumel

INGREDIENTS: YIELD: 4 SERVINGS

Salsa Ranchera:

1 Ib. Tomatillos (remove outer shell 1 ½ lb. Tomatoes
½ oz. Garlic 4 oz. Chorizo (cooked & chopped)
1 ½ oz. Flour 2 oz. Cilantro (chopped)
4 oz. Diced Spanish onions 4 oz. Olive Oil
2 oz. Chile Chipotle (chopped) 0.7 oz. Salt
¼ tsp. Black pepper ½ tsp. Sugar
24 oz. Water

Beef Tenderloin:

4-6 oz. Beef Tenderloins 4 – Corn Tortillas

On a hot grill proceed to roast the garlic, tomatillos and tomatoes. Then remove and place in blender together with the water, salt, black pepper and sugar.

In a medium stock pot add olive oil, when oil is hot add flour, diced onions, chipotle pepper, chorizo and the “salsa” from the blender. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cook until salsa thickens.

Place beef tenderloins on a hot grill and cook to desire tenderness, then remove from stove. Take corn tortillas and dip them quickly in hot oil, then remove (this is done to soften tortillas)

Place one corn tortilla on a plate.
Place the beef tenderloin on top of the tortilla and cover with the salsa.

Method of Preparation:

Shrimps:

- 12 – 16 shrimps
- 3 – 4 shrimps per plate (or as many as desired)

1. Marinate the Shrimp with the chile chipotle, 1 garlic clove, black pepper and salt.
2. In a saucepan place 1 tsp. Of oil and sauté shrimp.

Mash Potatoes:

- 4 large potatoes - Cleaned, Boiled & Mashed
- 1 large Poblano pepper - Boil to remove skin & dice (clean and remove seeds)
- Combine potatoes & diced poblano pepper.
Add small amount of butter, milk & salt.

Vegetables:

- Clean vegetables
- Slice chayote, red peppers & onions
- Place on grill to roast.

Hi this is a great thread. Does anyone know the recipe for the sci-fi blt soup? I am craving it ever since I had it. Thanks:thumbsup2

I love to try to make disney recipes at home... even though I am sometimes scared off by how much butter and cream is included. I guess it is easier to justify eating some of these items when you are on vacation :)

I would love to hear reviews of the recipes that others have tried to see if they were sucessful... how close are they to the disney originals?

I recently made the California Grill's Pork Tenderloin with mushrooms and goat cheese polenta (allearsnet) and Raglan Road's Bread Pudding for dessert (thanks to this thread!!) The pork was very close to California Grill...and the mushrooms were amazing (I used Zinfandel for the wine and cremini mushrooms for the mushrooms, as this is what is listed on the California Grill menu). My polenta was a little dry, but I think that is because I could only find instant polenta at my grocery store. I wouldn't use instant again. The bread pudding and sauce was wonderful. I was so happy to be able to make it at home, since I was too full to eat much of it when I was at Disney!

I was going through this thread and thought I'd start an index of what can be found where:

Page 1
Raglan Road: Ger’s Bread & Butter Pudding
Le Cellier Cheddar Cheese Soup
CRT Corn and Crab Soup recipe

Page 2
Le Cellier Mushroom risotto

Page 3
STRAWBERRY SOUP From 1900 Park Fare
Fettucini Alfredo
Dunbrody Kiss at Raglan Road
Potatoes with Afritude
Tusker House Corn Chowder
Kona's Macadamia Nut Pancakes

Page 4
LTT: Tavern Salad Dressing
Sticky Wings from Kona Cafe, Polynesian Resort
Boma Meat Bobotie

Page 6
Beef Fillet from Chefs de France
BERTINA’S PASTA SALAD Boma
Key Lime Tarts Sunshine Seasons
SAUSAGE & BISCUIT SKILLET Boma
San Angel Inn Combinacion Cozumel

WALT DISNEY'S OWN CHILI & BEANS
How cool would it be to make chili using a personal recipe from Walt Disney, himself?!

2 pounds dry pink (pinto) beans
2 medium onions, sliced
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 cup celery, chopped
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried tyme
3 cups canned solid-pack tomatoes
Salt & pepper

Rinse beans and soak overnight in cold water. Drain beans and place in a 2-quart saucepan. Add fresh water to cover by 2 inches. Add sliced onions and simmer 2 hours or until tender..
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large soup pot and saute garlic. Add celery and beef and cook until browned. Add chili powder, paprika & thyme. Break up tomatoes and add to pot, blending well. Cover and simmer 1 hour.
When beans are tender, add to pot and and gently blend. Add salt & pepper and continue to cook for 30 minutes.

POFQ: BEIGNETS

1 pk Dry yeast
1 & 1/2 cups warm water
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup undiluted evaporated milk
7 cups flour
1/4 cup shortening, softened
Oil; for frying
Confectioner's sugar

In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over water, stir to dissolve. Add sugar, salt, eggs, and milk. Blend with rotary beater.
Add 4 cups of the flour, beat with a wooden spoon until smooth and thoroughly blended. Beat in the shortening, then add the remaining flour, about 1/3 cup at a time, beating it in with a spoon until it becomes too stiff to stir, then working in the rest with your hands. *Cover and chill overnight* Roll out on floured board to 1/8" thickness. Cut into 2 1/2" squares. Deep fry at 360 degrees 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.

I was going through this thread and thought I'd start an index of what can be found where:

Page 1
Raglan Road: Ger’s Bread & Butter Pudding
Le Cellier Cheddar Cheese Soup
CRT Corn and Crab Soup recipe

Page 2
Le Cellier Mushroom risotto

Page 3
STRAWBERRY SOUP From 1900 Park Fare
Fettucini Alfredo
Dunbrody Kiss at Raglan Road
Potatoes with Afritude
Tusker House Corn Chowder
Kona's Macadamia Nut Pancakes

Page 4
LTT: Tavern Salad Dressing
Sticky Wings from Kona Cafe, Polynesian Resort
Boma Meat Bobotie

Page 6
Beef Fillet from Chefs de France
BERTINA’S PASTA SALAD Boma
Key Lime Tarts Sunshine Seasons
SAUSAGE & BISCUIT SKILLET Boma
San Angel Inn Combinacion Cozumel

Very thoughtful. Thanks for taking the time.

Does anyone know the recipe for the sci-fi blt soup? I am craving it ever since I had it. Thanks:thumbsup2

I was wondering the same thing. Also wondered if anyone knew the recipe for the Boatwright potatoes?

Hi this is a great thread. Does anyone know the recipe for the sci-fi blt soup? I am craving it ever since I had it. Thanks:thumbsup2

I know I have seen the recipe somewhere! I am still searching for you. :upsidedow

Thanks! If you come across the Strawberry Vinigrette or the Raspberry one let me know...those were great too!

Strawberry Vinaigrette
from The Liberty Tree Tavern, MK

17 OZ Strawberry Vinegar
1 1/2 OZ Salt
8 OZ Sugar, Granulated
4 OZ Strawberry Melba
4 OZ Dijon Mustard
DASH Tabasco Sauce
DASH White Pepper
2 QT./64 OZ Salad Oil
8 OZ Water

Place strawberry vinegar, salt, sugar, melba, mustard, tabasco, and white pepper in storage container. Using hand held blender, blend ingredients well. Add oil in four parts blending thoroughly after each fourth. Add water and blend one last time.

Strawberry Vinaigrette
from The Liberty Tree Tavern, MK

17 OZ Strawberry Vinegar
1 1/2 OZ Salt
8 OZ Sugar, Granulated
4 OZ Strawberry Melba
4 OZ Dijon Mustard
DASH Tabasco Sauce
DASH White Pepper
2 QT./64 OZ Salad Oil
8 OZ Water

Place strawberry vinegar, salt, sugar, melba, mustard, tabasco, and white pepper in storage container. Using hand held blender, blend ingredients well. Add oil in four parts blending thoroughly after each fourth. Add water and blend one last time.
Where do yu get strawberry vinegar????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter