<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

There is a recipe board but subscribing for new ideas! I tried Ohana's pin bread last Easter but could never find that one ingredient...I think some different yeast. Needless to say, it didn't work. Hoping for more trials!:goodvibes

A suggestion for the Alfredo, cut back on the butter. I have made it at home several times, and I cut back a little butter, and even add a little more cheese. Also be sure to serve it right after you make it, don't let it sit. I have a recipie for the butternut squash soup from tony's, but I will have to find it.

Meat Bobotie?? I've never had this and the ingredients seem so odd... Can someone discribe what it tastes like?

Does anyone have the receipe for mac and cheese served at GF? I would also like one for the pizza at Mara from AKL.

We had the Creme de Elote(corn chowder) at San Angel last trip and it was really good. Wondered if anyone might have this by chance?

Just a tip for those who mentioned that their cheese soup "seperated" when reheating. The best way to reheat a cheese and/or cream soup is to do so very slowly over a double-boiler. :upsidedow

I am looking fo 2, well really 3.

First the 7 bean chili from Sci-Fi

And then the Peanut Rice from Boma, along with the sauce that they put out for it, I am not sure what the sauce is called.

I looked in several of the books that they sell at Disney and didn't see either.

This is a great thread - thanks for sharing all of these recipes!

Beef Fillet from Chefs de France

(4) 8 oz beef fillets, trimmed
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
Salt
6 Tbsp. Brandy
3/4 cup dry red wine
1 shallot, chopped
1 1/2 cups veal or beef stock or broth
1 Tbsp. butter

Heat butter & olive oil in a skillet. Dip fillets in black pepper & season with salt. Pan-fry, turning once to evenly brown, until cooked as desired. Add brandy and *flambe. Remove fillets and cover loosely with foil.
Add wine & shallots to skillet and saute 5 minutes. Add stock & remaining butter and cook 3 minutes, until slightly thickened. Serve sauce over fillets.

*To correctly flambe, click here http://whatscookingamerica.net/flambe.htm

To those of you that have Disney cookbooks, which one do you like the best? Did you get it at WDW or can you get it at a book store or through Amazon?

To those of you that have Disney cookbooks, which one do you like the best? Did you get it at WDW or can you get it at a book store or through Amazon?

I have only one that I bought at WDW. Yet I have seen a zillion on Ebay, starting at only 99 cents! Many Disney restaurants will also give you a recipe when you dine there just for asking. :upsidedow

BERTINA’S PASTA SALAD Boma – Flavors of AfricaDisney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge

Yield: 10 servings

Ingredients

1 pound Tri-Color Pasta (4 cups after cooked)
¾ cup Red Onion, diced fine
1 cup Red Bell Pepper, diced fine
1 cup Green Bell Pepper, diced fine
1 cup Celery, diced
1 cup Mayonnaise
½ teaspoon Granulated Garlic
1 ¾ tablespoons Sugar
½ teaspoon Ground Turmeric, toasted
1 tablespoon Curry Powder, toasted
To taste Salt and Pepper

Method of Preparation

1. Cook tri-color pasta and allow to cool.

2. In a large mixing bowl, mix the cooled pasta and all the other ingredients. Check the seasoning and adjust if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter