<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

does anyone have the lemon curd recipe from the gran floridian tea room? I had it on cinnamon bread and it was absolutely delicious!!! I would love to replicate it at home. Thanks!

Does anyone know what is in these two salads? At least all ingredients? Cape May will not share the recipe. So I thought I would ask here. I just ate there last week and these two salads were fantastic!!! Do share!! Please!!

I'm too busy to transcribe the recipes from the Epcot 2014 Festival Food Cookbook so have scanned a few recipes to start with and will post the pictures.

The Pickled Beet Salad from Urban Farm Eats was very good. Here's a picture of my version:
AvssL1m.jpg

uVatH0Z.jpg

DHkRXKb.jpg

AihZNCy.jpg

flower-garden-2013-smokehouse-smoked-beef-brisket-with-collard-greens-and-jalapeno-cornbread.jpg

vtiXslU.jpg

BzIZoDQ.jpg

Lemon "Bumblebee" Cupcake
Hungry Bear Restaurant, Critter Country, Disneyland
16 cupcakes

Cupcakes
1 box lemon cake mix

Lemon Curd
1 teaspoon gelatin
1 tablespoon cold water
3/4 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup sugar, divided
3 large eggs
3 large egg yolks
1 TBSP unsalted butter

Honey Lemon Frosting
3/4 cup lemon curd
1 tsp honey
1 cup heavy cream

Chocolate Bumblebees
32 Hershey's Kisses dark chocolate chips
1 small tube black "writing icing" and one tube yellow.

For Cupcakes: prepare cake mix cupcakes according to package directions, filling muffin cups 3/4 full with batter. Remove 8 cupcakes and set aside for another use. Set 16 cupcakes aside to cool completely.

For Lemon Curd: Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small bowl. Set aside. Combine lemon juice and 1/2 cup of sugar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, bring to a simmer.
Whisk together remaining 1/4 cup sugar, eggs and egg yolks in a medium bowl.

Pour one quarter of simmering lemon-sugar mixture into egg mixture, whisking so that eggs do not cook. Pour contents of bowl back into pan with remaining lemon mixture. Continue cooking, stirring constantly for two minutes, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and add gelatin mixture and butter, whisking well. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl.

For Honey Lemon Frosting: stir honey into one bowl of lemon curd. Beat heavy cream on high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in Honey Lemon curd. Refrigerate for two hours.

To assemble: Scoop out a small portion from the center of each cupcake using a teaspoon. Place lemon curd in a large plastic zip-top bag cut a small hole in the end. Pipe approximately 2 teaspoons lemon curd into the center of each cupcake.
Place honey-lemon frosting in a separate plastic zip-top bag and cut a medium-size size hole in the end. Pipe frosting onto each cupcake. Top with bumblebee as pictured.

For a Big Hero Six cupcake you can make Baymax's face. Place 2 Hershey's Kisses (top side down) into the top of the cupcake for Baymax's eyes. Use black writing icing to pipe one horizontal line between the 2 Kisses to complete Bayamax's face. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

NFcPQiL.jpg

Apple Pie Cupcakes
Main Street Bakery,

Ingredients - Cupcakes

1 yellow or vanilla cake mix
water, oil and eggs (amount specified on back of cake mix box)
1 (21 ounces) can of apple pie filling

Ingredients - Apple Cinnamon Streusel

2 (single serving size) packets of Apple-Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup light brown sugar
4 tablespoons butter, melted

Ingredients - Caramel Buttercream Frosting

1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup vegetable shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons caramel sundae syrup
7 cups powdered sugar
4-6 tablespoons milk

Directions - Cupcakes

Mix and bake cupcakes according to directions on package.
Let cool at least 5-6 hours, preferably overnight so they can firm up before cutting into them.
Take a sharp knife and insert it 1/2 inch away from the top edge of cupcake.
Cut a 1 1/2-inch diameter circle into the top of the cupcake, about 1 1/2 inches deep.
Carefully pop out the center divit of cupcake and set aside. Do not discard, you will need it again.
Fill the center hole with apple fie filling. Replace the divit on top with the flat side down and peak facing up. The filling will act as a glue.
Set aside.

Directions - Apple Cinnamon Streusel

Preheat oven to 350 degreees (F).
Pour the oatmeal out onto a shallow dish or bowl.
Add flour and brown sugar. Mix with a spoon. Drizzle melted butter and stir until well coated.
Spread mixture out onto a parchment or foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 10 minutes, watching it carefully so it doesn't burn.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Take a spatula and break up the large chunks or place in a gallon-size freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin.
Set aside.

Directions - Caramel Buttercream Frosting

Mix butter, vegetable shortening, vanilla and caramel syrup in electric mixer until creamy.
Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each. After all the powdered sugar has been added, the frosting will be very thick and hard to mix.
Add in 4 to 6 tablespoons of milk and mix until the frosting has a whipped consistency.
Spoon into a cake decorating bag fitted with a star tip (Wilton 1M) or if you don't have those items, simply spoon it into a gallon-size freezer bag and cut 1/2 inch off one corner.
Squeeze out air and twist top so you have a homemade icing bag.
Starting at the base of the cupcake, swirl frosting up and around the peak.
Take a handful of the broken streusel and press into the bottom layer of frosting.

Ok in the past week we have found out that in the board move; it changed the # of posts per page which has also changed the page numbers of the recipe exchange and therefore the index. WE are actively working on re-indexing this so we can get you all back up and finding your recipes.

When we did the looking through everything looked good until some changes were made after the migration.

In the meantime if you know the name of the recipe you can type it in search and select the cooking forum specific to help narrow it down. If you need help finding something please post a note and we wil help find what you are looking for. We are working on this...so please be patient.

We went from 230 pages to 173... but in starting this we have found there is not specific difference in the number of pages that changed... so something on page 156 on the old boards could be on page 98 or 123... so we are having to go through each post and reindex.

Got the new Kitchen Magic with Mickey. There'some repeats as well as recipes that have been posted online but there's also a lot of new recipes. About 156 pages and well worth the $22.95 price tag. Quite a few of the recipes have so many parts and steps to them (not to mention ingredients) that I'll probably never try them - but it's still fun to read. http://diningatdisney.com/new-disney-cookbook-kitchen-magic-mickey/

So in our move Nancy and I discovered there was a shift in the recipes and the index. We are currently working on re cataloging the entire index but it is a slow and tedious process.
I am slowly but surely re-indexing the recipe thread. I am currently on page 60 which is old page 78. Hopefully I will be done in another week or so, then we will be updating the actual index (right now I'm just taking notes on paper with the current index) Thanks for being patient!

So in our move Nancy and I discovered there was a shift in the recipes and the index. We are currently working on re cataloging the entire index but it is a slow and tedious process.
I am slowly but surely re-indexing the recipe thread. I am currently on page 60 which is old page 78. Hopefully I will be done in another week or so, then we will be updating the actual index (right now I'm just taking notes on paper with the current index) Thanks for being patient!

Thanks for all the work you do maintaining the thread! I enjoy reading and making the recipes from this thread!

Thank you to all who have posted.
Does anyone have the Tusker House spicy mustard sauce that is served with the ham? We were with a large group having a blast and we all forgot to ask while we were there. It was delicious!!!

Help? I am trying to figure out which index is the one I am to be using? One says due to overwhelming requests for recipies it is no longer valid, and the second says not updated since 2008?

In 2008, this thread originally had an index.. because the index had grown to such a large number of recipes a new thread was created...

This thread is the current index prior to our move to this new format.. So this link http://www.disboards.com/threads/th...-exchange-index-only-updated-1-29-15.2912560/ is the index...

However, with that being said...because of our move to this new format the index is a bit off because of some format changes. So we are currently going through and trying to re-index the thread I posted above.

So if you know what you are looking for please let me know and it may be easier for me to help you find the recipe you are looking for...

Sorry for any confusion.. I am going to go fix that post now!

ETA: we are hoping to have the new, updated index posted by mid-June.. the end of the school year has both Buffy and I swamped... So please be patient..we are trying to get this updated.... The number changes have been pretty crazy... What was on page 145 could be on page 120 now... No rhyme or reason to the way the posting pages/thread numbers have become.

Last edited:
Quick update as of May 27

First off I would like to apologize for not having this done yet. The end of the school year is always a challenge for me since I chair 99% of our schools committees and I have a DS graduating from middle school so I'm driving myself nuts with other obligations. However, I should have the index finished by the end of next week, if not this week. I hope to have the new index done and ready to go the week of June 15.

Where I am currently at:
I am on page 106 of the new format for the thread. This is 35 pages off the old index. We have also lost some titles of some recipes, not sure if an font on the old index is not supported on the new or what, it's very confusing. I have most of that list typed and ready to go to Nancy for this morning, knowing her she will be getting up at the same time I finally get to bed! LOL
She is going to start searching the missing titles in the morning. I have 2 - 2 column pages for her so it will take a little time to get those updated.
I also have some recipes on previous pages that I might have missed. Some I may have skipped over, some may be in more than one place in the index and I found it somewhere else. Once I get to this page (pg 173), I will split the list with Nancy and back fill the missing pages and post numbers.

We are also going to try to break the index down to a more usable interface by park then restaurant, resorts, DCL, etc. The index for just for Entrees is 10 printed pages long, I have a total of 46 pages for the full index, and it is hard to read!
I will update the pages first so you can use it while we start to break everything down.

Thank you all for bearing with us while we try to fix everything!!!!!! And thank you all for helping to make a great WDW food index, I have actually found a bunch of things I want to try to make!

Thought I would share this recipe. Didn't realize that I hadn't until just now. Anyway, DH fell in love with the ribeye tacos from the Mexico booth at Food and Wine Festival in 2011. I emailed and go the recipe.

Copy and paste of what Disney sent me:

SHRIMP TACOS
Mexico

Chipotle Mayonnaise
Ingredients:
2/3 cup mayonnaise
7.5 oz. can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, pureed

Preparation:
1. Mix mayonnaise and pureed chipotle peppers in a medium bowl until
smooth. Cover and refrigerate.

Shrimp Tempura
Ingredients:
1 egg white
¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. parsley
½ tsp. paprika
¼ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
½ cup water
1 Lb. shrimp, peeled, deveined, with tails removed (approximately 30 –
35 shrimp)

Preparation:
1. Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil to 375 degrees in a deep
fryer.
2. Beat egg white in a small bowl until frothy and light. Do not
overbeat. Set aside.
3. Mix together flour, cornstarch, salt, parsley, paprika, baking
powder garlic powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. Add water and
egg white; mix until smooth.
4. Add Shrimp and toss until fully covered with batter.
5. Drop 6 – 8 at a time in hot oil. Do not overcrowd. Fry 2 – 3
minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels.

Shrimp Tacos
Ingredients:
10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
3 cups shredded red cabbage
¾ cup favorite salsa verde

To Serve:

1. Spread 1 heaping Tbsp. of chipotle mayonnaise on flour tortilla and
place 3 shrimp down middle. Top with small handful of cabbage and
drizzle with salsa verde.

TACOS DE RIBEYE

INGREDIENTS:

1 Lb. Beef Ribeye
½ Cup Chipotle Sauce
1 Pkg 4” Flour Tortilla

Method Preparation:

Grill ribeye at the temperature desired (rare, medium, well done, etc).
Once ribeye is cooked, carefully cut ribeye into thin slices or pieces.

Add the thin pieces on the flour tortilla, and then top with the
chipotle sauce.
For a garnish you can add a spring onion.

*All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S.,
Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter