<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Made the Honey Coriander Wings from 'Ohana and double checked the recipe here, it's accurate and the wings taste awesome!

20f3wi.jpg

Anyone have a recipe for Hollywood & Vine's ranch chicken. It was so good and would love to try at home

The Asiago Ranch Chicken? It's posted on page 218.

FYI... we have an index to this thread that is stickied to the top of this forum.

It needs to be updated, but it's a good place to start your search. :)
I've PM'd the moderator and asked for an update of our index.

The Asiago Ranch Chicken? It's posted on page 218.

FYI... we have an index to this thread that is stickied to the top of this forum.

It needs to be updated, but it's a good place to start your search. :)
I've PM'd the moderator and asked for an update of our index.

Ahh thanks...I must have missed it in the index!!

Ahh thanks...I must have missed it in the index!!

No problem! I use the Control F option and plugged in the name of the restaurant and cycled through the results. You can use the name of the recipe as well.

I also heard back from the mod of this board and we will be getting an update soon. :cool1:

updated to here! :)

I hope I didn't miss anything..

Although, I did have questions on the following..
I did not see anywhere in the post where the following items were/are severed at Disney.. please let me know and I will update them to the Disney Index..

Grilled Verlasso Salmon with Quinoa Salad and Arugula Chimichurri - pg 226 post 3384
Orange Cilantro Marinated Flank Steak pg 226, post 3385
Zucchini-Carrot Cupcakes pg. 226, post 3386
Grapefruit Cake pg. 226, post 3387

updated to here! :)

I hope I didn't miss anything..

Although, I did have questions on the following..
I did not see anywhere in the post where the following items were/are severed at Disney.. please let me know and I will update them to the Disney Index..

Grilled Verlasso Salmon with Quinoa Salad and Arugula Chimichurri - pg 226 post 3384
Orange Cilantro Marinated Flank Steak pg 226, post 3385
Zucchini-Carrot Cupcakes pg. 226, post 3386
Grapefruit Cake pg. 226, post 3387

Wow that was fast!! :cool1:

I know the grapefruit cake is from the Brown Derby in the Studios

EDIT: the salmon is from the upcoming EPCOT Food & Wine (they released the cookbook early), the flank steak is from the Disney Cruise Line, cupcakes are from Aulani; hope that helps. They are linked from the Disney Food blog.

Corn and Crab Soup
Made this tonight ,it was very delicious and everyone liked it a lot.TY for sharing..
Looking for chicken recipes ..

... just be cautious that what they post may be lifted from others. Looking through, I see 4 recipes that were ones I posted, which is fine, but they use pictures that are clearly mine which is somewhat irksome since the owner refuses to give credit.

Haven't been on this board much anymore because I'm away a lot, working on cruise ships. However, I wanted to say how much enjoy your food blog. I just went through the entire thing and fixed up some of my Disney recipes as they were inaccurate or incomplete - (my collection is up to 1191 Word doc. pages plus the cookbooks.) Anyway, your humorous writing style and tips make you one of the best Disney cooking blogs around, IMO.

BTW, I just made the Spring Greens with Strawberries, Toasted Almonds & Farmstead Stilton (Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival) and the Shrimp Carbonara (Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano) - both of which were outstanding. Not sure the salad is listed here so adding it below.

I tried to order the 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Cookbook today but no luck. Maybe in 2 weeks they said.
Was also on the short list to work on the Disney Magic for next summer but have bowed out for now because I had too many other commitments already. I'll try for 2016!

Spring Greens with Strawberries, Toasted Almonds & Farmstead Stilton
Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival.
Serves 6

1/2 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon minced shallot
1 tablespoon roasted garlic purée
1 teaspoon honey
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
12 cups spring mix greens
1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons crumbled Stilton, divided
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds, divided

1. Combine lemon juice, white balsamic vinegar, shallot, garlic purée, and honey in a large bowl, whisking to combine. Slowly whisk in oil until dressing comes together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.

2. Combine spring mix greens and strawberries in a large bowl; top with 1/4 cup dressing, tossing gently to combine. Divide evenly among plates.

3. Top each salad with 1 tablespoon Stilton and 1 tablespoon almonds; drizzle with additional dressing, if desired.

Cook Notes: Don’t skimp on good cheese. This recipe calls for Stilton, a soft blue cheese that’s only produced in three counties in England. You’ll know it’s the real deal from the beautiful blue-green veins radiating from the center. Made of whole cow’s milk, it ripens 4 to 6 months. You could substitute Roquefort or Gorgonzola, but Stilton adds a rich, creamy element to the salad.

Jerk-Seared Mahi-Mahi with Ancho BBQ sauce, Tropical Salsa, Caribbean Rice & Green Beans
Shutters, Port Royale, Caribbean Beach Resort
Serves 4

Tropical Salsa
1 medium, ripe mango, peeled and diced
1 cup diced fresh pineapple
1/2 small red onion, minced
1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
1/2 orange bell pepper, finely diced
1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
1 lime, juiced
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons minced cilantro

Ancho BBQ Sauce
1 tablespoon butter
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
1/2 small red onion, finely diced
1 medium tomato, diced
1/2 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon light brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Pinch cayenne pepper

Jerk Seasoning
8 teaspoons ground allspice
2 tablespoons dry mustard
4 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons granulated onion
2 teaspoons lemon pepper
1 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon ground white or black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme

Mahi
4 (6-ounce) mahi filets
1 tablespoon plus 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
12 teaspoons jerk seasoning, divided
Caribbean Rice
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup yellow onion, finely diced
1 cup jasmine rice
1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 1/2 cups water
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon minced chives

Green Beans
1 pound thin green beans
1 teaspoon butter
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

For tropical salsa:
Combine mango, pineapple, onion, red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, and jalapeno in a large bowl.
Whisk together rice vinegar, honey, lime juice, and salt in a small bowl.
Pour dressing over mango mixture. Add cilantro, gently stirring to combine.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold, stirring occasionally, about 2 hours.

For ancho BBQ sauce:
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, cooking until fragrant and softened, about 4 minutes. Add tomato and jalapeno, cooking until tomato breaks down, about 3 minutes more.
Whisk in ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, honey, lemon juice, chili powder, paprika, sugar, mustard, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, or until onions are soft and sauce is thickened.
Carefully transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.

For jerk seasoning:
Combine allspice, dry mustard, paprika, granulated onion, lemon pepper, dried hot red pepper flakes, white or black pepper, cayenne, granulated garlic, cinnamon, salt, and thyme in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
Store remaining jerk seasoning in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

For mahi:
Rinse mahi with cold water, and pat dry with paper towels.
Rub each mahi filet with 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle first side of each filet with 1 1/2 teaspoons Jerk Seasoning, patting to adhere. Repeat with the second side of each fish.
Transfer mahi to a large plate, lightly cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 1 hour.
When ready to serve, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add 2 mahi filets. Sear each side 3 to 4 minutes, until cooked all the way through. Repeat using remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil and remaining 2 mahi filets.

For Caribbean rice:
Melt butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, cooking until translucent and tender, about 5 minutes. Add rice, stirring to coat in butter.
Stir in turmeric and salt. Add water, stir a few times, then cover pan. Turn heat to low and cook 20 minutes.
Remove rice from heat and keep covered 10 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork; add chives and fluff again.
For green beans:
While fish is cooking, blanch green beans in boiling salted water until bright green and just tender.
Melt butter in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Drain green beans and add directly to sauté pan, tossing to coat in butter. Season with salt and pepper.
To serve:
Brush barbecue sauce on serving plates, evenly divide rice and green beans among plates. Top each with a mahi filet. Serve with more sauce and tropical salsa spooned over top.

Carrot Dessert (Souffé)
Piccadily Cafeteria, DL

2 pounds carrots
½ cup margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking POWDER
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash and scrape carrots. Cook until soft. Drain well and mash carrots. Add margarine, vanilla, and eggs and mix well. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar; add to carrot mixture and blend until smooth. Spray a 2-quart casserole or soufflé dish with PAM cooking spray. Pour mixture into dish and bake for 45 minutes. Top with sifted confectioner’s sugar
Online Notes: This is extremely good! I did not like it when I first tried it but that was only because I did not chill it first. Put this in the fridge a few hours before serving. I sprinkled some powdered sugar on it just before serving. It is so light & wonderful! Prepare to be addicted!

Pasta Salad with Feta, Fresh Vegetables, and Balsamic Vinaigrette
The Crystal Palace, MK
Serves 6

1 pound pasta, such as penne, farfalle, or ziti
1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons fresh chives
1/2 cup roughly chopped Kalamata olives
1/2 cup thinly sliced red peppers
1/2 cup thinly sliced green peppers
1/2 cup finely diced tomatoes
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

Cook pasta per package instructions. Drain and rinse in cool water. Set aside.
Whisk together white balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a medium bowl until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Whisk in chives. Set aside.
Combine cooked pasta, olives, onions, red peppers, green peppers, and tomatoes.
Toss with enough vinaigrette to coat. Fold in feta and Parmesan cheeses. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add more dressing, if desired, to taste.

Since I was laboriously updating my Disney recipe files I decided to transcribe the following DCL recipes from the cards. These are the only non-PDF versions online I think.

DCLBlog_DSC_3339_Animation-Magic-Butter-Popcorn-Soup-500x332.jpg
image from Disney Cruise Line Blog

Buttered Popcorn Soup
Animators Palate, Disney Fantasy Cruise Line
Serves 10

2 quarts heavy cream
2 cups butter
8 quarts regular popped popcorn
vegetable stock as needed
ground white pepper to taste
Kosher salt to taste
2 cups caramel corn

Place heavy cream into a heavy bottom soup pot. Add the butter, kosher salt and white pepper. Bring to a boil and add half of the popcorn stir with a whisk until popcorn dissolves. Add the remaining popcorn and whack until it dissolves. Taste for seasoning and popcorn flavor. Slowly simmer until desired thickness and strain with a fine mesh strainer. Use vegetable stock if needed to adjust the consistency of the soup. Taste the soup and adjust seasoning to taste. Serve with a garnish of the Caramel popcorn and a slice of cornbread.

RCx7Kcd.jpg

Lobster Croquetas with Banana Lentil Salad & Horseradish Cream
Cariocas, Disney Cruise Lines

Croquetas
4 TBSPs butter
2 TBSP diced onion
3 cloves garlic, squeezed through a garlic press
1 cup milk
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 Tbs. cognac
1 pound cooked lobster meat finely diced

Breading
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs
1 cup cracker meal
Canola oil for deep frying

To prepare the croquetas
1. Heat the butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic over a medium-high heat until translucent, about five minutes; set aside.
2. Place the milk and flour in a blender and blend until combined; pour this mixture into the sautéed onions and add the salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Simmer over a low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches the consistency of pancake batter.
3. Remove the pan from the heat, add the cognac and lobster meat and mix well. Pour into a shallow pan and let cool for about 1 hour
4. Using about 2 to 3 tablespoons of the mixture for each croqueta, shape into small finger-size sticks.
5. Place each breading ingredient into a separate small bowl. Lightly beat the eggs. Dredge the croquetas first in the flour, then in the egg, and finally in the cracker meal.
6. Transfer to a plate, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or freeze to use at a later time.
7. Heat the canola oil in a deep fryer to about 375°.
8. Fry the croquetas until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.

Banana Lentil Salad
1 cup brown lentils
1 cup yellow or red lentils
3 Tbs. Olive oil
1 red onion cut into 1/4 inch dice
1 red bell pepper cut into 1/4 inch dice
1 Tbs. finely minced garlic
2 Tbs. chopped parsley
3 Tbs. chopped cilantro leaves
3 semi-ripe bananas, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste

To prepare the salad:
1. Place the lentils in a large bowl, cover with plenty of water and soak overnight. The next day, drain off the water, rinse the lentils and transfer to a saucepan. Add fresh water to cover by at least an inch.
2. Bring the lentils to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 6 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, drain and transfer to a mixing bowl to cool.
3. In a sauté pan or skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and sauté over a medium heat until tender, about two minutes.
4. Add the onion mixture to the cooked lentils and stir in the remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Let the salad chill for 1 to 2 hours before serving.

Horseradish Cream
2 Tbs. prepared horseradish
1 tsp. wasabi powder
1/2 Tbs. grated ginger root
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tbs. heavy cream

Place the horseradish cream ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth. Refrigerate.

ASSEMBLY
Place the 4 tablespoons of lentils into the center of a serving bowl and rest the croquetas against the lentils. Drizzle the horseradish cream over and around the croquetas and lentils. Garnish with sprigs of cilantro and fresh lime.

KlptrwF.jpg

Adobo Rubbed Rack of Lamb with Quinoa Salad & Papaya, Rosemary, Garlic Mojo

Quinoa Salad
2 quarts water
1 1/2 pounds quinoa, rinsed
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano leaves
1 tsp. minced garlic
3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste

Papaya, Rosemary & Garlic Mojo
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 ripe papaya, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2 inch dice
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1 tsp. sugar
Salt and pepper to taste

Dry Adobo Rub
5 Tbsp. fennel seeds
5 Tbsp. mustard seeds
5 Tbsp. roasted cumin seeds
6 dried ancho chilies, seeded and coarsely chopped
6 dried guajillo chilies, seeded and coarsely chopped
2 Tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes
6 Tbsp. salt

To prepare the rub:
Heat a large skillet over high heat. Place all the ingredients in the skillet and toast until they become fragrant and charred and the seeds begin to crackle, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and let cool. While working in batches, transfer the toasted ingredients to a spice mill or coffee grinder and grind until smooth. Store in an airtight container until needed.

To prepare the mojo:
Heat the olive oil in a pan or a skillet and sauté the garlic over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the papaya, rosemary, sugar, salt and pepper and remove from heat. Let cool, transfer to a mixing bowl, and chill in the refrigerator before serving.

To prepare the salad:
Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan and add the quinoa. Cook over high heat for 6 minutes. Strain off the cold water. Drain, transfer to a mixing bowl and let cool for 10 minutes. Mix in the parsley, oregano, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.

ASSEMBLY
Brush the lamb rack with olive oil; then thoroughly coat the lamb with the adobo rub. Transfer the lamb to a platter and let sit in the refrigerator for one hour. Brown all sides of the lamb rack and place in a preheated oven at 340° for approximately 16 minutes to cook medium; remove the lamb and rest for five minutes before cutting. Place the quinoa onto the center of the serving plate and make a well. Lay the sliced lamb onto the quinoa and drizzle the mojo over and around the lamb.

ZvrmRpv.jpg

Lobster, Shrimp and Mahi Mahi Kebabs with Black Bean Rice

Kebabs
1 lb. mahi mahi fillet cut into 2 ounce square pieces
4 water lobster tails, shell off and cut into 1/2 inch slices
20 tiger shrimp, shelled and detained
2 red onions peeled, quartered then cut into four squares
2 green bell pepper, deseeded, halved and cut into 1 1/2 inch squares
10 bamboo skewers

Black Bean Rice
8 ounces kidney beans, drained and washed
1 tsp. chopped thyme
300 ml. coconut milk
3 l. water
2 Tbsp. Salt
1 Tbsp. Ground black pepper

Pico De Gallo
4 plum tomatoes
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
1 lime, juiced and zested
300 ml. olive oil
1 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. ground black pepper

Garnish
3 - 6" spinach tortilla (soft )
3 - 6" sun-dried tomato tortilla (soft)

To prepare the pico de gallo: gently mix all the ingredients together, including the grated lime zest and juice.

To prepare the rice:
Mix all the ingredients together, season with salt and ground black pepper. Cover with buttered greaseproof paper. Place in oven at 320° for 40 minutes until all the water is absorbed.

To prepare the kebabs:
1. Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 40 minutes so they don't burn while cooking.
2. Push the following ingredients onto the soaked skewers in this order - one piece at a time: red bell pepper, mahi-mahi, red onion, lobster, green bell pepper, tiger shrimp, red bell pepper. Repeat.
3. Brush the kebabs with olive oil, then place on a hot bar grill. For the best flavor, cook on a barbecue chargrilled.
4. While cooking all sides of the kebabs, sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper & spray sparingly with lemon juice.
5. When the lobster and shrimp are firm to the touch and have a pink color all around, the kebabs will be ready. To double-check, gently pull the skewer toward yourself, if the skewer gives way, the kebab is cooked.

Garnish: slice the tortilla into six wedges and deep fry both sides in vegetable oil until crispy; drain on a paper towel and cool to room temperature.

ASSEMBLY
Lay the Black Bean Rice onto the center of a plate, and "pat" down.Place the kebab on to the Black Bean Rice and remove the skewer (or optionally leave it). Garnish each grilled seafood item with 1/4 teaspoon of pico de gallo. Garnish the kebab with the fried tortilla as per picture, and enjoy!

V5IrHbn.jpg

De La Costa Cream Cheese Flan

Caramel Base
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3.8 oz. water
1 oz. water

Cream Cheese Flan Mixture
8.8 oz cream cheese
3.8 oz full fat milk
13 1/2 ounces condensed milk
7.7 oz. evaporated milk
1/3 tsp. vanilla paste
5 extra-large whole eggs
2 extra large egg yolks

Pedro Ximenez Reduction Sauce
4 oz Pedro Ximenez
1/2 cup granulated sugar

To prepare the sauce:
Place ingredients together into a double base pot, heat over the stove. Simmer until the mixture has reduced to one third of the volume. Take off the stove and let cool before plating.

To prepare the caramel base
Add both the sugar and 3.8 oz water in a double base pot and place over heat. Brush down the sides with a clean brush and water to stop crystallization. Cook the mixture until it turns a golden brown color (caramel). Add the water to the caramel. Be careful not to burn yourself if the caramel splatters. Stir slowly until all the water is combined. Remove it from the stove and pour it into a deep stainless steel dish. Make a 1/2 inch thick layer. Set aside to cool.

To prepare the cream cheese flan:
Beat the cream cheese in a mixing bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in the condensed milk and evaporated milk until smooth. Slowly add in the whole eggs, egg yolks, salt, and vanilla paste. Beat for another minute until all is combined and scrape down the sides until there are no lumps. Pour the cream cheese mixture onto the prepared stainless steel dish pan, then place the dish on a water bath tray. Place in the oven at 380°. Bake until a knife inserted into the center of the flan comes out clean (about 1 hour). Remove from the oven and water bath and refrigerate uncovered until cool. Cover and set overnight in the refrigerator.

ASSEMBLY
Turn over the dish that has the cream cheese flan, cut into a rectangular shape. Drizzle the Pedro Ximenez reduction sauce on the plate. Place the cream cheese flan on top and decorate with have raspberries. Feeling even more adventurous - try adding caramelized bananas as well.

Mango Caipirinha
Carioca’s, Disney Magic Cruise Line

0.5 oz. mango puree
3 oz. Leblon Cachaça. (spiced rum)
¼ oz. agave nectar syrup
4 lime wedges
Crushed ice

1. Take 4 fresh lime wedges, ¼ oz. agave nectar, 3 oz. mango puree and muddle in a glass.
2. Add crushed ice and shake all ingredients together.
3. Pour all contents in tall glass. Add the Cachaca.
4. Garnish with a fresh lime wheel.

Mango Caipirinha (non-alcoholic)
Carioca’s, Disney Magic Cruise Line

3 oz. Mango puree
¼ oz agave nectar syrup
4 lime wedges
Crushed ice

Take 4 lime wedges, ¼ oz. agave nectar, 3 oz. mango puree and muddle in a glass. Add crushed ice and shake all ingredients together. Pour all contents in tall glass. Garnish with a fresh lime wheel.

Apollo
Skyline, DCL

2 oz. Blanton Kentucky Original Bourbon
¾ oz. Ouzo
1 coriander sprig
6 raspberries
1 oz. agave nectar
1 tsp. honey
Garnish: coriander sprig

Assembly: Take raspberries, coriander sprig, agave nectar and honey and muddle in a glass. Add Blanton Kentucky Original Bourbon, Ouzo and crushed
ice. Shake ingredients together. Pour contents into a martini glass. Garnish with coriander sprig. Enjoy.

PINEAPPLE MINT ICED TEA
Skyline, DCL nonalcoholic

5 oz. pineapple juice
½ oz. peppermint syrup
5 oz. ginger ale
Garnish:
maraschino cherry

Assembly: Take pineapple juice, peppermint syrup and ginger ale, add crushed ice and shake ingredients together. Pour contents into a tall glass. Garnish with maraschino cherry. Enjoy.

Crispy Roasted Duck Breast
One of the most popular dishes served at Lumiere’s on the Disney Magic and Triton’s on the Disney Wonder.
Serves 4

Duck
6-8 pound fresh or frozen duck
1 tablespoon olive oil

Marquise Potatoes (Potato Cakes)
4 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
4 strips bacon, finely diced
1/2 cup finely diced yellow onions
1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
1 egg
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour, divided
Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons butter

Pomegranate Jus
1 cup beef stock
1/4 cup pomegranate syrup

For duck:
Preheat oven to 300° F.
Roast duck for 25 to 35 minutes, or until medium rare. Rest until cool enough to remove breast, thighs, and legs, keeping the skin intact.
Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add duck breast, skin side down, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until skin is crispy.
Place thighs and drumsticks, skin side up, back in oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until skin is crispy.
Transfer duck to cutting board and let stand 15 minutes before carving.

For marquise potatoes (potato cakes):
Boil potatoes until tender, drain and cool on a perforated pan. Shred the potatoes with a box grater; set aside.
Sauté bacon until crisp in a medium skillet. Add onions and cook until translucent.
Add bacon and onions to the shredded potatoes. Mix in parsley, egg, and 1 tablespoon flour. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Form into eight 3-inch cakes. Dredge the cakes lightly in remaining flour, coating both sides.
Heat the butter in large skillet over high heat. Cook the cakes until golden brown on both sides.

For pomegranate jus:
Heat beef stock in small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce to low heat, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Pour in pomegranate syrup and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.

To serve:
Place 2 potato cakes on 4 entrée plates and serve with duck breast slices, thighs and drumsticks.
Drizzle 2 tablespoons of pomegranate jus over duck and serve remaining jus on the side.

Today I made the Storytellers Salad and it was amazing. One of the best dressings I've had in a while. The dressing recipe is on page 65 but not the entire salad so here it is:

Storytellers Salad
Storytellers Café, Disneyland
Yield: 4 servings

4 cups mixed baby greens
24 pecan halves
1 Bosc pear
1/2 - 2/3 cup Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette (recipe below)
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese

Mix baby greens and pecan halves together in small bowl. Cut Bosc pear in half. Remove seeds and slice thinly, leaving skin on. Add 3/4 of pear slices to salad. Gently mix with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette. Place additional pear slices around salad and top with blue cheese.

Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette - yield 2/3 cup
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
6 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp. minced shallot
1/8 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste

in a small bowl, combine honey, vinaigrette, olive oil, garlic, and shallot. Mix, using whisk. Add salt to taste. Toss the salad greens, and add pepper to taste.
Cooks Note: Bosc pears with a slender neck and yellow skin russeting, are in season October through April. I used a different pear and it was fine.

To go with the salad I made an old recipe for Penne Amatriciana from the Swan and Dolphin. I didn't weight the pasta and had too much for the topping. It's good but not as good as the Shrimp Carbonera from Mama Melrose's.

Penne Amatriciana
from Swan & Dolphin Resorts 2001
Serves: 6

1 Lb. Penne Pasta, Cooked
¼ Cup Olive Oil
5 Strips Bacon, Chopped
2 Oz. Pancetta, Diced
¾ Cup Onion, Diced
1 Tblsp. Garlic, Chopped
1 Can Whole Plum Tomatoes, Drained and Chopped (Reserve Juice)
¼ Cup Basil, Chopped
1 Tblsp. Cracked Black Pepper
¼ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese

1. Cook penne until al dente.
2. In a large pan, heat olive oil on medium heat.
3. Add bacon and pancetta, cook until light brown, stirring occasionally.
4. Add onion and cook until soft and slightly golden.
5. Add garlic and sauté until soft, (do not brown).
6. Add chopped tomatoes; simmer for 10 minutes on low heat, reserving liquid for later use.
7. Add basil, pepper and parmesan cheese, cook until desired consistency. If it is too thick, add reserved tomato sauce.
8. Over medium heat, add warm pasta to sauce and toss. Heat for 2 minutes.
9. Add seasoning according to taste.
10. Serve with fresh grated parmesan cheese.

Has anyone every gotten the recipe for the Blue Lump Crab Spring Rolls at Hollywood Brown Derby. My daughter and I had them and they were absolutely delicious! I would love to get the recipe so that we could make them together. If anyone has any suggestions for finding the recipe, I would be ever so grateful!!

Don't worry - since you posted to this thread, you're automatically subscribed. I've made a few of these recipes and the family loves when I do!

:sunny:

Finally made the nudel gratin from Biergarten and it was a HUGE hit. A keeper for sure. I used 1 cup heavy cream, 2 cups milk and three eggs...I needed the extra liquid because I used a different shaped pasta. Still came out amazing!
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter