• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Contributing members.........funny, I think anyone who posts info, recipes or insights are contributing members. I would hope anyone who chooses to share information of any kind would be welcome. I have seen some posts lately that seem to imply if you do not post recipes you should not post.......I hope this is not the direction this thread is taking. I would hate to think my input (or that of any one else) would be seen by others as less than a valid contribution. Just my two cents on that off topic subject. :confused3

As for getting more people to visit and add to this wonderful thread, I hope your efforts pay off.....the more the merrier! :grouphug:

:thumbsup2

I'm so glad that you added your thoughts here. I don't think anyone meant to imply that only people who post recipes are welcome here. It's a great place to just collect recipes, read recipes, learn new techniques, chat with friends (new & old), share recipes...whatever!

Sometimes, in the attempt to be brief on message boards, the real meaning of what's being said gets garbled or lost. There are no elite members of this thread. Everyone is welcome & encouraged to participate in whatever fashion suits them best...whether that's posting recipes, asking questions or just "lurking".

BTW - Your new DS is absolutely adorable! :teeth: Congrats!

I'm so glad that you added your thoughts here. I don't think anyone meant to imply that only people who post recipes are welcome here. It's a great place to just collect recipes, read recipes, learn new techniques, chat with friends (new & old), share recipes...whatever!

Sometimes, in the attempt to be brief on message boards, the real meaning of what's being said gets garbled or lost. There are no elite members of this thread. Everyone is welcome & encouraged to participate in whatever fashion suits them best...whether that's posting recipes, asking questions or just "lurking".

BTW - Your new DS is absolutely adorable! :teeth: Congrats!

I have been on this thread since it first started and it just seems the sense of community is slowly ebbing away solely to expand recipe collections......this thread has always been as much about the friendly conversation as much as it has been about recipes. The originator of this thread spent as much time discussing recipes and food as she did listing recipes. Seems like so many just want to bulk up their collections and could care less about those who are on here to enjoy the people and the discussions which have always been an important part of this thread. Again, just my opinion.

Thanks, I have been wanting a son for the longest time. Don't get me wrong, I love my DD's with all my heart, but I was so happy when they told me this one was going to be a boy!!!!

Contributing members.........funny, I think anyone who posts info, recipes or insights are contributing members. I would hope anyone who chooses to share information of any kind would be welcome. I have seen some posts lately that seem to imply if you do not post recipes you should not post.......I hope this is not the direction this thread is taking. I would hate to think my input (or that of any one else) would be seen by others as less than a valid contribution. Just my two cents on that off topic subject. :confused3

As for getting more people to visit and add to this wonderful thread, I hope your efforts pay off.....the more the merrier! :grouphug:

Yes contributing members.
I *do* hope that the information on how to locate and request recipes will bring new CONTRIBUTING members out of the shadows. It will be a great thing for everyone who reads this board.
No one said anything or implied anything close to to the assumptions that you made.

I think the intention of all of us who post recipes is to share. If we took issue with those who didn't post recipes we wouldn't be willing to share the recipes that we spend time collecting. I know for a fact that we enjoy sharing these recipe. It would be nice however if more members took a few moments to do the same.

Regardless of the level of contribution, the recipes are for all to enjoy.

Hello, I've been reading all the posts and recipes for a while now, I guess that makes me a lurker. Anyway, I have a couple of questions...How long does it take for the wonderful Disney people to get back to you when you make a request for a recipe? It's been a really long time since I sent one for Savory Beef in Spicy Broth, from the Nine Dragons in Epcot. I've also searched other sites and can't find it. I was hoping to make it for my Dad, he loved it when we were there last year. Thank you for any help or input you guys have!!!

-Kristen
:wizard:

:wave2: Hi NNJDizAngel! It's so nice to have you join us! :teeth:

The length of time requests take varies quite a bit. Recently several people got rather quick results and others still haven't heard. Recipes tend to come directly from the restaurants, not a single office for all parks & resorts. Some are more willing or less busy than others I guess.

I know as we get closer to summer, email requests tend to take "back burner" as they get busier for the season. Our best hope is that someone would be willing to ask for the recipe while dining in the restaurant. Those requests usually get a better response.

Having said that, I will try to see if my contact at Epcot is still there. It's been a while since I asked for a recipe from them & she may have left. As always, if you get it - share! ;)

Hello, I've been reading all the posts and recipes for a while now, I guess that makes me a lurker. Anyway, I have a couple of questions...How long does it take for the wonderful Disney people to get back to you when you make a request for a recipe? It's been a really long time since I sent one for Savory Beef in Spicy Broth, from the Nine Dragons in Epcot. I've also searched other sites and can't find it. I was hoping to make it for my Dad, he loved it when we were there last year. Thank you for any help or input you guys have!!!

-Kristen
:wizard:

Hi Kristen,
You might want to request it again and in the subject line or message put either SECOND REQUEST or ATTN: Theresa Joiner .
It's worth a try.

JAMBA JUICE RECIPES FOR PIRATESMATE'S HUBBY :hug:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cranberry Craze Smoothie

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3/4 cup cranberry juice
2 tablespoon plain yogurt
1/2 cup raspberry sherbet
1 cup strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries
ice cubes

Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth and creamy.

Description:
"Jamba Juice"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 212 Calories; 2g Fat (7.8% calories
from fat); 2g Protein; 49g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 4mg
Cholesterol; 24mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 0
Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : Source: http://www.news10.net/ and Jamba Juice

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0

Egg Nog Smoothie

Recipe By :
Categories :

1 cup lowfat egg nog
1 cup nonfat frozen yogurt
1 dash nutmeg
1 cup crushed ice

Combine all ingredients in blender and blend on low setting.

Description:
"Jamba Juice"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 2 Calories; trace Fat (59.7%
calories from fat); trace Protein; trace Carbohydrate; trace Dietary
Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 7mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Fat.

NOTES : Source: http://www.news10.net/ and Jamba Juice

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0

Orange N' Spice Smoothie Jamba Juice Smoothies

Recipe By :
Categories :

1 cup orange juice
1 cup cranberry juice
1 cup peaches
1 cup strawberries
1 cup orange sherbet
1 cup ice
1 Dash holiday spice (cinnamon -- nutmeg, etc.)

Blend well, then serve immediately.

Description:
"Downtown Disney, California"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 643 Calories; 5g Fat (7.0% calories
from fat); 6g Protein; 150g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 10mg
Cholesterol; 104mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 4 Other
Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Pink Starburst

Recipe By :
Categories :

6 OZ Lemonade
6 OZ Soymilk
1 Rasberry Sherbet
1 Frozen Yogurt
1 Sorbet
2 Strawberries

Combine all ingredients in blender and blend.

Description:
"Jamba Juice"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 152 Calories; 2g Fat (8.7% calories
from fat); 3g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 6mg
Cholesterol; 46mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 2 Other
Carbohydrates.

Strawberries Wild Smoothie

Recipe By :Walt Disney World
Serving Size : 3 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

1 cup apple juice
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup frozen bananas
1 cup non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt or vanilla
soy yogurt
1/2 cup ice

Pour the apple juice in the blender.
Add the strawberries, bananas, frozen yogurt and ice cubes.
Blend until smooth with a thick consistency.
If Vegan use suitable sugar.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 105 Calories; trace Fat (1.6%
calories from fat); trace Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg
Cholesterol; 4mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Fruit.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have been on this thread since it first started and it just seems the sense of community is slowly ebbing away solely to expand recipe collections......this thread has always been as much about the friendly conversation as much as it has been about recipes. The originator of this thread spent as much time discussing recipes and food as she did listing recipes. Seems like so many just want to bulk up their collections and could care less about those who are on here to enjoy the people and the discussions which have always been an important part of this thread. Again, just my opinion.

Thanks, I have been wanting a son for the longest time. Don't get me wrong, I love my DD's with all my heart, but I was so happy when they told me this one was going to be a boy!!!!

apostolic4life!!! I was hoping we'd see you back here - though I know you must be terribly busy with your adorable new addition. I had posted a question for you (it might have been about a piece of equipment) but now I can't remember exactly what recipe it was regarding.

My feelings on the "sense of community", is that it's hard to sustain that sense when it's essentially the same trio posting most of time. It's probably the same feeling as cooking to an empty restaurant or performing to an empty hall night after night. I frequently troll the Disney restaurant boards (I'm sure you see me posting there) and add links back to here in the hopes that we'll get the avid foodies posting on all aspects of Disney food and recipes. We do get new people coming in to post requests and what isn't sustainable in the long run is having 3 or 4 of us writing to Guest Relations trying to get these recipes for posters. They will get tired of us - if they haven't already :rolleyes1

In any case, I know things will slow down in the summer - because Disney gets too busy from now until after the Food and Wine Festival to bother with recipe requests. Personally, I leave town on June 12 and will be spending a lot of time traveling from then until the end of October. I plan to buy a laptop and will be checking in - but not as much, as it might be kind of pricey.

I've requested some recipes from our list and as soon as I hear back I'll let you all know.
wave.gif

Just wanted to let you guys know that I appreciate all recipes you post here. I haven't been able to make any yet but I do have some written down. I just need time to cook. I can't wait to get to WDW next year and try them in person.

:goodvibes I made this recipe today and it didn't come out *quite* like the soup at Rose and Crown. It wasn't as thick and creamy, and it was too light in color. So I'm not sure if this was the same recipe that I was thinking of, but next time I will try to make it with less chicken broth (maybe only three quarts?) and heavy cream instead of half and half.

Now, does anyone have the recipe for the Western Chicken Pasta they are currently serving at the Whispering Canyon Cafe? Thanks!

I noticed a new recipe on allears today called Katie Coyote’s Grilled Chicken Pasta, could that be it? I'll post it anyway, there seems to be a lot of steps involved, but it sounds very good. (hope thats ok with all of you)

Yield 4 servings

Boursin Cream Sauce

Ingredients
1 Cup White Wine
2 Cups Heavy Cream
2 tablespoons Shallots, finely diced
1 Cup Boursin Cheese
1/2 tablespoon Thyme, fresh
1/2 tablespoon Garlic, fresh, chopped
To Taste Salt and Pepper

Method of Preparation
1. In a stockpot, add White Wine, chopped Thyme, chopped Garlic, and Shallots and reduce by half.

2. Add Heavy Cream and Boursin Cheese and bring to a boil, then turn down to low heat for about 8 minutes.

3. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.

4. Strain and set aside.

Roasted Poblano Pepper

Ingredients
1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
To Taste Salt and Pepper
2 Each Poblano Peppers

Method of Preparation
1. In a small bowl, add the Olive Oil, Salt, and Pepper, and toss the Poblano Peppers in the mixture to coat.

2. If you have a gas-top stove, place your Poblano Peppers right on top of the burner. Roast the Poblano Peppers on all sides until they are blackened.

3. If you do not have a gas-top stove, you can put them on a baking
sheet in the oven under the broiler, but be sure to keep an eye on them so they do not burn. Broil Poblano Peppers on all sides until they are blackened.

4. Under cold water, peel and de-seed the Peppers and dice. Set aside.

Blackened Chicken Breast

Ingredients
2 - 8 ounce Chicken Breasts
To Taste Blackening Seasoning of your choice
1 tablespoon Olive Oil

Method of Preparation
1. Season both sides of the Chicken Breasts with the Blackening Seasoning.

2. Add the Olive oil to a sauté pan and sauté both sides of the
Chicken Breasts until done, then cut into very thin strips (julienned.) Set aside.

Mixed Vegetables

Ingredients
1 Each Carrot, sliced
1 Each Red Onion, sliced
1 Each Squash, sliced
1 Each Zucchini, sliced
1 Each Broccoli, chopped
1 Each Red Pepper, sliced very thin (julienned)

Method of Preparation
1. Combine all the vegetables together and set aside.

Kate Coyote’s Grilled Chicken Pasta

Ingredients
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
Boursin Cream Sauce, prepared as directed
Roasted Poblano Peppers, prepared as directed
Blackened Chicken Breast, prepared as directed
Mixed Vegetables, prepared as directed
Penne Pasta, prepared as directed on the box

Method of Preparation
1. In a sauté pan, add 1 tablespon Olive Oil and pre-heat the pan.

2. Add the Chicken and sauté for 5 minutes.

3. Add the Mixed Vegetables, diced Poblano Peppers, and Boursin Cream Sauce. Add Salt and Pepper to taste.

4. Serve over a bed of cooked Pasta.

5. Top with grated Romano Cheese.

Rose & Crown Potato Leek Soup

Makes 16-18 ounces

Ingredients:

6 potatoes
4 quarts heavy cream
1 onion, diced
2 bunches leeks
1/4 cup butter
salt & pepper to taste

Cut up potatoes then place in a container covered with water so they won't turn brown, then set aside.

Cut off the green tops of the leeks, you just want to use the white part. Cut up leeks & then place them in water to get the dirt off them.

In a heavy pot, melt the butter & then add the onion and leeks.

Cook them for 5-10 minutes. Add cut up potatoes, then add cream.

Let soup simmer until the potatoes are cooked. This will vary due to the size of the potatoes.

When the potatoes are cooked, puree soup with a hand blender until smooth.

Then season with salt & pepper.

I was wondering if anyone had tried this recipe? My fiance loved :love: the soup when we were there last year in July, seriously he talks about it all the time, and has been begging me to take him back to Rose & Crown when we are they on our honeymoon in September. I would like to surprise him with it at home, but don't want to attempt to make it if it doesn't taste like the "real" soup there. Any suggestions on thoughts on it would be appreciated! Thanks :goodvibes

Greeneyes - Tatania posted that same question about Katie Coyote’s Grilled Chicken Pasta vs Western Chicken Pasta when she shared the recipe on page 141. What's throwing me is that the menus online all show it as Western Chicken Pasta. :confused3

Just a reminder, the index is listed at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1777635 or stickied to the top of the Cooking forum. There are separate lists by restaurant & by course. There is also a list of all the posts where people shared reviews, tweaks, or tips for the recipes in addition to the request list. The thread is locked to keep all conversation over here, so if you have any questions either post them here or you can PM me. :thumbsup2

I have a super busy day, so I'm only sharing 1 recipe today: Durban Spiced Roast Chicken Salad. Parts of it have been shared, but not the whole thing. It looks ridiculous to make. But honestly, it isn't! This was the one recipe DH requested after our stay & I waited a year before I finally caved in & made it. I now make this often during the summer, although I don't bake the chicken...we make it on the grill. When I received the recipe from the chefs at Boma, it was for 50 people! :eek: I've cut it down so that it serves 5. If anyone wants the original for 50 to make your own conversions, just send me a PM. Also, we like the salad "wet" so I make the full 8 serving dressing recipe. I put about ¾ on the salad & then put the rest on the table so those who want more can add it. The extra Durban spice keeps well all summer if you don't use it all at once. ;) This always gets rave reviews when I make it for company, but it's too good to wait to serve only then. LOL

DURBAN SPICED ROAST CHICKEN SALAD
from Boma’s at DAKL

~5 oz Mixed Greens
1 c Durban Roasted Chicken
Tortilla Chips as garnish
~2 1/2 c Chili Cilantro Dressing
1 1/8 tsp Ground Cinnamon, toasted
1 1/8 tsp Ground Cumin, toasted
1 1/8 tsp Ground Coriander, toasted
1 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves, toasted
2 tortillas Tortillas cut in strips & fried for garnish

DURBAN BASTE
for CHICKEN MARINADE
Enough for 1 chicken

2 Tbl + 2 tsp Olive Oil
~1/2 onion Onion, ground fine
2 Tbl + 2 tsp Garlic, ground fine
2 Tbl + 2 tsp Ginger, ground fine
3 tsp Lemon Juice
½ cup + 1 Tbl Yogurt, plain
1/3 cup Durban Spice Mix

Blend all ingredients. Rub prepared chicken well and marinate for 24 hours. Rotisserie or oven roast cook for 2½ - 3 hours.

DURBAN SPICE

2 Tbl Paprika
2 Tbl Annatto Seeds
2 Tbl Salt
3 Tbl Coriander
1 Tbl Turmeric
1 Tbl Cumin
1 tsp Cloves
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Black Pepper

Grind (or buy ground) fine all spices. Mix and store in tight covered container.
Yield: ~3/4 cup total spice mix

CHILI CILANTRO VINAIGRETTE
Yield: 8 servings

1 ½ Jalapeno
½ c Honey
½ c Rice Vinegar
½ c Safflower Oil
¼ c Lime Juice, fresh squeezed
1 c Cilantro, chopped
Dash Pepper

Blend all the ingredients until smooth except the cilantro. Make sure there are no large pieces of jalapeno. Add the chopped cilantro, check the flavors, and adjust seasonings, if needed.

Thanks Tatania for the scalloped potatoes recipe from Narcoossees. I can't wait to make them tonight:goodvibes

Greeneyes - Tatania posted that same question about Katie Coyote’s Grilled Chicken Pasta vs Western Chicken Pasta when she shared the recipe on page 141. What's throwing me is that the menus online all show it as Western Chicken Pasta. :confused3

Sorry. I haven't read every post in the thread.
blush.gif

This recipe is from Bongo's Cuban Cafe, it is located in downtown disney and it's my favorite place to eat while I'm shopping. I always share Papas Rellenas, a cuban sandwich and plantains with my husband. The atmosphere is fabulous and the food is even better!

Cuban Sandwich Bongos Cuban Cafe

12-inch long Cuban bread
1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon mustard
3 ounces serrano ham, thinly sliced
3 ounces roasted pork, thinly sliced
1/2- ounce pickle slices
3 ounces Swiss cheese, thinly sliced

Cut bread in half, vertically down the center, with a serrated knife.
This will create 2 (6-inch) halves. Take both 6-inch halves and slice
horizontally down the center, making a top and bottom loaf. Spread a thin
layer of mayonnaise on each top half and a thin layer of mustard on each
bottom half. Arrange the ham and pork evenly on each half, then stack the
pickle slices and cheese on each half.
Grill the sandwiches in a buttered sandwich press until they are flat,
the bread is browned, and the cheese has melted. Cut each sandwich in half
and serve at once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone! I posted a while back that I was trying to get the recipe for the lasagna at Tutto Italia. I finally heard back from WDW yesterday, but unfortunately, they told me that TI (not owned by Disney) told them that since they were such a new restaurant, they were not yet giving out their recipes :sad2: Maybe I'll have more luck asking in person when I'm there this September for a few days. LMK if anyone is actually able to get the recipe before then. Thanks for your help Tatania!

Thank you! I appreciate it greatly!!! A contact at Epcot, wow, I'm kinda jealous LOL. I submitted my request again, if I hear back I will post it. Thanks again!

I've requested some recipes from our list and as soon as I hear back I'll let you all know.
Fingers crossed! I'm also hoping to hear back about some recipes - esp. for Olivia's Cafe.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I appreciate all recipes you post here. I haven't been able to make any yet but I do have some written down. I just need time to cook. I can't wait to get to WDW next year and try them in person.
Thanks so much for letting us know. It's fun to collect recipes while in WDW so let us know when you go and we'll let you know our requests :goodvibes

Rose & Crown Potato Leek Soup. I was wondering if anyone had tried this recipe?
I haven't tried this recipe but generally have good results with all Disney recipes - even if it doesn't taste exactly like the restaurant version.

Durban Spiced Roast Chicken Salad.
I love this recipe and the spices are fabulous. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Thanks Tatania for the scalloped potatoes recipe from Narcoossees. I can't wait to make them tonight.
Let us know how it turns out :)

apostolic4life - I remember what I asked. It was from the Banana and Butterscotch "Buzz" recipe. When making the plantains - how wide is a deli slicer #8 and what is a marituff? Have you worked with cocoa nibs and are they really expensive?

apostolic4life - I remember what I asked. It was from the Banana and Butterscotch "Buzz" recipe. When making the plantains - how wide is a deli slicer #8 and what is a marituff? Have you worked with cocoa nibs and are they really expensive?

I looked at the recipe and it calls for #15 and #8 on the slicer, but that number can mean different things to different slicer manufacturers. From reading the recipe, I gather if you slice them between 1/4 and 1/8 of an inch thick you will be in good shape. When frying a plantain for a chip you want the slice thin so it will release it's moisture quickly and crisp up. I would even suggest immediately after frying the chip sprinkle it with a little sugar while it is still hot.......just like salt on potato chips. This would give a little more sweetness to the chip since it is used on a dessert (the extras will be good for snacking later too).

I think you may mean a maratuff; basically it is an industrial paper towel along the lines of a chick towel or wype-all.

Cocoa Nibs can be very pricey, but often they can be purchased scant quantities if a local market even carries them. Many grocery chains don't carry them because the general public does not use them often enough. Maybe check with a specialty food shop or even a bakery to see if they have some they would sell you.

I hope this info is a worthy contribution to the thread.........;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter