<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Wonder if those are recipes from the New Tusker House menu? I've heard that they are trying to be more in line with what is served at the AKL.
Thanks for adding them. :thumbsup2

Thank you Piratesmate, I appreciate the help. I'll email them and when I get a response I'll post it.

hey guys! i just got back from a fantastic disneymoon and we had the BEST food the whole time!!! we are going to try to have the magic live on year round with "disney night" once a month where we cook a dis fav and watch a disney movie!!! i hope it lasts!!

i was wondering if anyone has the receipe for california grill - the beef tenderloin with the bbq sauce... i think that it was served with monteray jack polenta (which I THINK i saw on here) , but any help would be appreciated!!!

hey guys! i just got back from a fantastic disneymoon and we had the BEST food the whole time!!! we are going to try to have the magic live on year round with "disney night" once a month where we cook a dis fav and watch a disney movie!!! i hope it lasts!!

i was wondering if anyone has the receipe for california grill - the beef tenderloin with the bbq sauce... i think that it was served with monteray jack polenta (which I THINK i saw on here) , but any help would be appreciated!!!

Congratulations on your "Disneymoon". I love your idea of having the magic live on by making a Disney meal once a month. Many of the recipes are so simple and good that I actually use them all the time. The ones that piratesmate just reviewed are good examples of that. I keep the Boma Pork Rub handy in the fridge and just add to it when it gets low. I haven't found a better Pork Rub anywhere.

The California Grill menu posted at AllEars has "Oak-fired Filet of Beef with cheese orecchiette pasta gratin, sauteed asparagus, teriyaki BBQ sauce" and I was given the Teriyaki BBQ sauce recipe. It's posted on page 89.

The Grilled Pork Tenderloin comes with the polenta and they keep changing it slightly. The version from Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chefs (2004) is on page 68 and uses the Garlic and Herb Polenta.

YUM!!! yep - that's the one! thank you!!! is the reciepe for the pasta gratin somewhere here as well? Sorry - i'm not being lazy - this is just my 1st time on this post - it's kinda overwhelming how many receipes there are!!!

thanks again

I made the Roasted Chicken Linguine from Shutters tonight. It was delicious!!
I can't believe how good this was and it was sooo easy to make!
Thanks to the OP.
If your interested you'll find the recipe on page 20.

Looking for recipes from Grand Floridian's Garden Tea. We ate there last week and loved everything we ate. I will take any recipe, but here are our biggest requests:

1) Scones - super yummy and served warm
2) Roasted Pear and Gorgonzola tea sandwich
3) Chicken Salad from the Mrs. Potts tea (for kids)
4) Chicken Salad tea sandwich (made with orange marmalade and almonds(?))
5) Onion Tart

Also, I thought there was a previous post for Boma's Apple Vinagrette, but for some reason I can't find it.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!:worship:

Looking for recipes from Grand Floridian's Garden Tea. We ate there last week and loved everything we ate. I will take any recipe, but here are our biggest requests:

1) Scones - super yummy and served warm
2) Roasted Pear and Gorgonzola tea sandwich
3) Chicken Salad from the Mrs. Potts tea (for kids)
4) Chicken Salad tea sandwich (made with orange marmalade and almonds(?))
5) Onion Tart

Also, I thought there was a previous post for Boma's Apple Vinagrette, but for some reason I can't find it.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!:worship:

Boma's Apple Vinaigrette can be found on page 136, post 2039. There is a sticky at the top of the Cooking board with the index for this thread. Posts 1 & 2 are by course and posts 7 & 8 are by restaurant.

Scones
from the Afternoon Tea at the Garden View Lounge, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Yield: 24

4 c All-Purpose Flour
3 Tbl Baking Powder
½ c Sugar
3 eggs
2 Tbl Shortening
2 Tbl Margarine
1¼ c Milk
1 tsp Salt
1 c Golden Raisins

1. Mix flour, baking powder and sugar with margarine, shortening and salt.
2. Add eggs.
3. Slowly add milk, blending well until smooth.
4. Fold in raisins
5. Roll out to about 1/2 inch thickness.
6. Cut out with 2" round cutters; bake on lightly greased sheet pan in 425 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.

I have an Onion Tart recipe from Citrico's which is probably close if not the same.
Onion Tart
Citrico’s – Grand Floridian, Chef Gray Byrum

Yield: 4 to 6 servings.

2 Tbl olive oil
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
1 bay leaf
Salt and white pepper to taste
1 pckg puff pastry, thawed
2 eggs
2 Tbl milk
2 Tbl heavy cream
¼ c shredded manchego** cheese, plus additional cheese for sprinkling

1. Heat oven to 400 F.
2. Peel and slice the onion. Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions. Chop the garlic cloves and add to the pan along with a bay leaf. Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Let the onions sizzle until golden and caramelized.
3. Cut puff pastry into circles using a 31/2-inch ring molds and carefully stretch dough to fit snugly into greased four-inch tart pans. With the tip of knife or the tines of a fork, prick dough with the tip of a knife; set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, heavy cream and shredded Manchego cheese.
5. To assemble, mound the caramelized onions in the prepared tart pans. Top off with some of the egg mixture. Sprinkle with additional Manchego cheese and bake the tarts for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown and set. Serve warm.

Step 1: The chef cuts puff pastry into circles to fit into tart pans
Step 2: The dough is gently stretched to fit up the sides of the pan.
Step 3: Caramelized onions are mounded into the tart pans.
Step 4: The egg-and-cheese mixture is poured over the onions.

**Manchego (mahn-CHAY-goh) cheese adds a rich, mellow layer to this tart. From Spain, it was originally made only from the milk of Manchego sheep that grazed the famous plains of La Mancha, according to the Food Lover's Companion by Sharon Tyler Herbst. The two that are most commonly exported are curado and viejo.

<Source> Orlando Sentinel

I think this is from the tea, although it isn't on your list.
Prosciutto & Melon Salad with Honey Lavender Vinaigrette
from Grand Floridian
Serves 6

1½ cantaloupes, peeled and sliced into wedges
½ lb prosciutto, sliced
½ cantaloupe, scooped into melon balls
1¼ c Honey Lavender Vinaigrette (see below)

Wrap the cantaloupe wedges with slices of prosciutto and arrange on a serving platter. Decorate with cantaloupe balls and drizzle with vinaigrette. Marinate covered in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.

Honey Lavender Vinaigrette
½ c olive oil
¼ c water
¼ c white wine vinegar
1/8 c lavender
1 Tbl steak sauce
1 Tbl Pernod (or any anise liquor)
1 Tbl chopped fresh basil
Salt and white pepper, to taste
Crushed red pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a cruet and shake well.

Does anyone have a recipe for the alcoholic drink from the Kiosk in France? I dont remember the name of it but it was really good. It has a really long, strange name. Its not the Grey Goose one but the other one.

I would love the recipe so if anyone has it please post it here.

Does anyone have a recipe for the alcoholic drink from the Kiosk in France? I dont remember the name of it but it was really good. It has a really long, strange name. Its not the Grey Goose one but the other one.

I would love the recipe so if anyone has it please post it here.

Hmm, you probably don't mean the Grand Marnier Orange Slush? Anyway I posted both the recipes on page 66 and have made them. They were just as good as at Epcot despite the fact that I used a blender and not a slushy machine.

I made the Roasted Chicken Linguine from Shutters tonight. It was delicious!!
One of my faves as well.

YUM!!! yep - that's the one! thank you!!! is the reciepe for the pasta gratin somewhere here as well?
I don't think we have that one but will PM you the name of someone at the Resort who is pretty good about giving the recipes IF they are available. Might as well ask for the entire recipe while you're at it;)

I heard back from Chef Mickey's about the Roasted Turkey Pot Pie and they advised me "that we do not have a recipe for your request that has been "broken down" for individual- or family-sized preparation. The recipe is written in large batch, 20-30 gallon size quantities for Chef Mickey's Buffet. Sorry that we can't help and thanks for understanding. ".

Rack of Lamb
Palo, DCL
1 serving

300g Lamb
40g Dijon mustard
40g Bread crumbs
1 baby carrot
1 baby yellow squash
1 baby zuchini
1 potato, skin on
1 onion
30g fresh chopped parsley
5cl olive oil
10 cherry tomatoes
10cl brown stock
3cl chianti
10g butter
Sear the lamb on the grill. Baste the lamb with the pommery mustard and then coat with the bread crumbs. Cook in the oven. Blanch the veg in salted water until al dente. Reheat in a pan with butter, olive oil and seasoning. Sprinkle with fresh parsley when on plate.

For the sauce
Reduce red wine and balasmic vinegar to a glaze, add the brown stock and reduce to a nice consistency.Cut the fennel into 6 even sized pieces.
Lightly brown on flat top, place in pan, cover with lamb jus and braise until tender.

Lyonnaise Potato
Cut potato into 1/4 inch cubes and steam, sautee onion and season with salt and pepper. Add 1/4 cup of demi glace and reduce.

Southwestern Chicken Soup
Whispering Canyon Cafe, Wilderness Lodge
Yield: 8 Servings

1/4 lb Celery, diced
1/8 lb Red Bell Pepper, diced
1/4 lb Yellow Onion, diced
4 Ears Corn, fresh, off the cob
1/4 lb Unsalted Butter
1/4 Oz Garlic, chopped
7/8 lb Breakfast Potatoes
1 1/8 lb Roasted Whole Chicken, skin and bones removed, diced
1/4 Gallon Milk
3/8 lb Flour
1/8 Oz Chicken Base
3/8 Tbsp Tabasco Sauce
To taste Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1/16 Oz Flour Tortillas, julienned into 1/8” wide strips
1/16 Oz Corn Tortillas, julienned into 1/8” wide strips
To taste Cumin
To taste Cayenne Pepper
To taste Salt

Add Butter to a soup pot and add Celery, Red Pepper, Yellow Onions, Garlic, and Chicken Base. Sweat vegetables lightly. Add the Chicken. Add in flour to make a roux. Then add milk and adjust the seasonings with Tabasco and Pepper. The soup should not need salt.
For garnish, cut the Flour and Corn Tortillas into 1/8” wide strips and fry until golden. Season with Cumin, Cayenne, and Salt. Then place on top of the soup before serving.

Chipotle Cream Sauce for the menu item "Western Chicken Pasta with fresh vegetables tossed with Roasted Garlic Chipotle Cream Sauce".
Whispering Canyon Cafe, Wilderness Lodge
Yield: 6 servings

½ cup White Wine
1/2 oz Garlic, fresh, roasted
1 t Thyme, fresh
2 oz Cream Cheese
1 oz Chipotle Peppers, can
1 oz Chicken Base
1/2 oz Shallots, fresh, roasted
1 ½ cups Heavy Cream
3oz Tillamook Cheddar Cheese, shredded

Start by adding the White Wine to a stock pot on the stove over medium heat. Reduce wine by 1/4, about 1/4 hour. Roast the Shallots and Garlic in a 350°F oven until light brown. Add all items to the stock pot except the Tillamook Cheddar Cheese. Bring to a simmer. Blend using a stick blender until smooth. Slowly add the shredded Tillamook Cheddar Cheese until creamy and all ingredients are fully blended. Check the seasoning and add Salt and Pepper if needed.
You may substitute any other roasted hot Pepper for the Chipotle if you desire, depending on how hot you like your sauce. Serve over pasta such as penne. You can add sliced roasted chicken or shrimp if desired.

Jiko

Short Ribs:
Below are the bullet point to actually make the recipe - our varies just a but because of the large quantities that we produce, but overall this will yield you a great product Every time you make them it may differ a bit based on the amount you product and the flavor you want. Here are the rough bullet points to produce this and I hope this helps:

* Season the ribs by rubbing them well with olive oil, salt and black pepper
* Sear them just to brown them in a heavy bottomed pan at high heat (careful - this will be a little messy and the hot grease will pop out of the pan and can burn you - wear long sleeves!!!)

* Place the seared ribs into an oven-proof roasting pan that has a tight fitting lid. * Along with the ribs, place your liquid, enough to cover 2/3rds of the meat, (beef broth, red wine, thin BBQ sauce with ground coffee if you like) 1-2 large diced onions, and 8-10 whole garlic cloves) Place the lid on it securely and place it in a 275 degree oven for about 7 hours. It is important not to rush the cooking time because the long, slow heat is the key to these being very flavorful and tender.

* When done (the meat will separate easily from the bones with just the touch of a fork), carefully remove them from the liquid so they do not fall apart and transfer the cooking liquid to a saucepan and reduce by half. Remove from the heat, with a stick blended (hand burre mixer - you can also use a blender but the liquid id very hot) puree the sauce with the onions and garlic and this will assist in the thickening of the sauce. Continue to reduce if it is to thin or not the consistency that you would like.

* Pour the sauce over the ribs either on individual plates, or on a family sized platter and enjoy!

Jiko BBQ Chicken Flatbread

Flat Bread:

Here is the dough recipe. The toppings are challenging, because we use

part of a sauce that is bought in, and various chicken cuts. Plus there is a

recipe for a chipilini onion puree, and apple and jicima slaw.

Here is the best attempt at these:

BBQ sauce - good quality sweet style bbq sauce (Cattleman's works good)

and add 1 teaspoon of super fine ground Kenya coffee (process in a

coffee grinder to a fine powder) to 1 cup of the bbq sauce.

Cheese blend - an equal part blend of shredded gruyere, provolone,

asiago, and fontina

Caramelized Chipilini onions - sear about 6 each whole peeled onions in a

heavy bottomed sauté pan over med to low heat for about 15-20 minutes

per side. Then cover and place into a 250 degree over for 90 minutes.

When done, remove the cover and allow to cool. Process in a food

processor or blender until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper.

Chicken - (use the chermoula recipe for the rub on the chicken) rub and

season 6 each skinless chicken thighs and allow them to sit in the cooler

overnight. Roast in a 350 over for about 25-30 or until fully cooked at an

internal temp of 165 degree. Allow to cool to the touch and pull the meat

from the bones and then chill for service.

Apple Slaw - 1/2 cup apple Julianne and 1/2 cup jicima Julianne. Toss

with 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 2

tablespoons of lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Combine together

thoroughly.

To build the flatbread, roll out the dough into 4 oz pieces, the roll to form

the actual flatbread. Spread onto the dough 1 tablespoons of the bbq

sauce, then spread over that 2 tablespoons of the onion puree. Sprinkle

1/4 cup of cheese blend over the onion mix, then scatter 1/4 cup of the

pulled chicken meat. Place or slide this into a brick pizza over at 700

degrees for about 5-7 minutes. When completed, top with the apple slaw

and drizzle additional bbq sauce over the top.

Lots of steps and pieces! :-)

Jiko – The Cooking Place

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge

Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients

1 ½ quarts Water
¼ pound Butter
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
1 pound Green Asparagus, cleaned
1 tablespoon Arborio Rice
½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
¼ teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
½ cup Baby Spinach
½ cup Baby Spinach, finely sliced
2 tablespoons Plain Yogurt
1 teaspoon Hot Sauce

Method of Preparation

1. In a larger size pot, bring the water to a quick boil and add in the butter, brown sugar and Kosher salt.

2. Clean the asparagus by cutting off ONE inch of the bottom of the stem, and chop them small.

3. Place the chopped asparagus into the boiling water and add in the Arborio rice. Season with the Kosher salt and the fresh ground black pepper.

4. Lower the heat and let the soup simmer until the rice is soft.

5. Take the pot off the stovetop and blend the soup in a bar blender until smooth. Add in the baby spinach and puree.

6. Strain the soup through a sieve if or as desired and adjust seasoning, chill and reserve.

7. When ready to serve, we finish off the soup by setting up our soup bowl with a teaspoon of finely sliced spinach, and a half a teaspoon of plain yogurt. We top that with a few drops of hot sauce. We then pour the hot soup over the garnish into the plate and serve it immediately.

Jiko BBQ Chicken Flatbread

Flat Bread:

Here is the dough recipe. To build the flatbread, roll out the dough into 4 oz pieces, the roll to form

the actual flatbread.

Where you sent the dough recipe? I don't see it included in the recipe. I made these for a dinner party last week with the basic Millet Flatbread recipe I had (p 146) and the dough was very wet and couldn't be rolled. I ended up sponing it into a cookie sheet and rolling it flat there.
I wondered if you were given something different. The Beef short ribs were delicious; I used Ethiopian organic coffee instead of Kenyan.

Tatania, is the recipe for the Creamy Chicken Corn Soup from the Whispering Canyon Cafe, Wilderness Lodge the same as Southwestern Chicken Soup that is listed on the menu? It looks like it would fit the description.

Either way it looks yummy, thanks! :thumbsup2

Where you sent the dough recipe? I don't see it included in the recipe. I made these for a dinner party last week with the basic Millet Flatbread recipe I had (p 146) and the dough was very wet and couldn't be rolled. I ended up sponing it into a cookie sheet and rolling it flat there.
I wondered if you were given something different. The Beef short ribs were delicious; I used Ethiopian organic coffee instead of Kenyan.

Hi Tatania,
The dough recipe was attached to the email they sent the other instructions were typed out int he email itself.

Here's what they sent. I haven't check to see if it differs from the other recipe.

MILLET FLATBREAD DOUGH
Jiko – The Cooking PlaceDisney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge

Ingredients

1 teaspoon Yeast
1 ¼ pounds Water
1 ½ pounds High Gluten Flour
1 ½ pounds Millet Flour
1/3 cup Hulled Millet
½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
½ teaspoon Baking Powder
¼ teaspoon Sugar

Method of Preparation

1. In a mixing bowl, take the yeast and add to water, mix.

2. In another mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix well.

3. Slowly incorporate the yeast and water liquid into mix and mix well.

4. Let all rest in the bowl, covered and refrigerated.

5. Portion, let the dough rest a little longer and use it as you need.

6. Bake in 400o oven for about 10 minutes or until crispy and flaky.

KALAMATA OLIVE FLATBREAD
Jiko – The Cooking PlaceDisney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge

Ingredients

1 recipe Millet Dough
1/8 ounce Olive Oil
1/16 ounce Kosher Salt
1/16 ounce Fresh Ground Black Pepper
2 ounces Four Cheese Mix (Royalty)
3 ounces Kalamata Olives, chopped
½ ounce Boursin Cheese, crumbled
1/8 ounce Micro Greens (Garden Gourmet)

Method of Preparation

1. Spread olive oil, and salt and pepper on dough.

2. Sprinkle four-cheese mixture on top of dough. Sprinkle kalamata olives on top. Then crumble boursin cheese on top of the olives.

3. Bake in 400o oven for about 10 minutes or until crispy and flaky.

4. Garnish with micro greens.

Tatania, is the recipe for the Creamy Chicken Corn Soup from the Whispering Canyon Cafe, Wilderness Lodge the same as Southwestern Chicken Soup that is listed on the menu? It looks like it would fit the description.

Either way it looks yummy, thanks! :thumbsup2

Thanks for catching that greeneyes. It was late and I was in a hurry when posting (as usual) :blush: and I've edited the Whispering Canyon recipes so they have the same titles as on the menu. Sometimes when they are sent they have a different name.

The Chipotle Sauce is what goes on the Western Chicken Pasta along with roasted chicken and veggies. Picture doesn't show a whole lot of veggies.
WCC1.jpg

Western Chicken Pasta

MILLET FLATBREAD DOUGH
Jiko – The Cooking Place, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge

How interesting. The recipe is exactly the same (including for the toppings) EXCEPT for the amount of water. Yours calls for 1 1/4 pounds versus the
1 1/2 pounds mine had - a difference of half a cup. For the dough to roll out, I would start with even less water than that. You can always add more water but you can't take it away. Because I had sprinkled corn meal on the bottom of the cookie sheet to keep the dough from sticking, and because the dough was so wet, I couldn't remove it from the cookie sheet once I had rolled it flat in there. This meant it ended up far too thick as compared to the photo. For anyone making this who hasn't had it in person, I definitely recommend studying the photos first so you can see how thin the dough is and how the toppings are added.

How interesting. The recipe is exactly the same (including for the toppings) EXCEPT for the amount of water. Yours calls for 1 1/4 pounds versus the
1 1/2 pounds mine had - a difference of half a cup. For the dough to roll out, I would start with even less water than that. You can always add more water but you can't take it away. Because I had sprinkled corn meal on the bottom of the cookie sheet to keep the dough from sticking, and because the dough was so wet, I couldn't remove it from the cookie sheet once I had rolled it flat in there. This meant it ended up far too thick as compared to the photo. For anyone making this who hasn't had it in person, I definitely recommend studying the photos first so you can see how thin the dough is and how the toppings are added.

The problem is probably a result of bad math. Most of the "official" recipes are for large batch preparation, so when they send out recipes, they must first reduce the recipe down from a large batch to a small batch. This could result in bad math, or even "guesstimations", by the person doing the conversion for the small scale recipes we are looking for. This could also be a reason for the variations we see between two versions of the same recipe.

:thumbsup2

The problem is probably a result of bad math. Most of the "official" recipes are for large batch preparation, so when they send out recipes, they must first reduce the recipe down from a large batch to a small batch. This could result in bad math, or even "guesstimations", by the person doing the conversion for the small scale recipes we are looking for. This could also be a reason for the variations we see between two versions of the same recipe.

:thumbsup2

"Waves to our resident Chef". I'm sure you're right - after all, who lists water in pounds anyway?? Do they actually weigh water in the restaurant?

Should a good flatbread dough have the same consistency as a normal bread dough? How much water would you use for 3 pounds of flour for a flatbread?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter