<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Wow! Have I gotten behind here. It's been a busy few days, but I hope to get caught up in a bit. I see a few things that I want to comment on first.

greeneyes said:
Sorry. I haven't read every post in the thread.:blush:
No one expects you to..especially me! It took me more than a week to go back through the entrie thread when I first started keeping the index. I wanted to make sure I had a feel for what you all were used to, make sure no requests or recipes were missed - that type of thing. I hope I didn't offend you by mentioning it. :hug: I admit I used it as an excuse to let our new posters know about our index & where it was located.

TheGoofyMama said:
JAMBA JUICE RECIPES FOR PIRATESMATE'S HUBBY :hug:
Thanks so much for those recipes! He was very excited about them! I have a feeling I may be getting a new blender/smoothie maker/food processor type thing for my anniversary next week. ;) I'm still using my original f rom 33 yrs ago! :eek:

wvdislover[/b said:
I posted a while back that I was trying to get the recipe for the lasagna at Tutto Italia. I finally heard back from WDW yesterday, but unfortunately, they told me that TI (not owned by Disney) told them that since they were such a new restaurant, they were not yet giving out their recipes :sad2:
Thanks for let us know. I'll update the Request List accordingly.

apostolic4life said:
I hope this info is a worthy contribution to the thread......... ;)
:worship: :worship: We're lucky to have you participating on this thread! :thumbsup2 You always helpful information & thoughtful insights. Working through the recipes at times is a bit daunting. ;)

Today a couple from The Rainforest Café. (I'm assuming these are "legal" since they're actually on Disney property.)

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Rasta Pasta
Rainforest Café

8 oz bowtie pasta
1 tsp chopped garlic
2 Tbl olive oil
1 c chopped fresh spinach
1 broccoli florets
1 medium red pepper, roasted
1 c grilled chicken, sliced into ½" pieces
1 c prepared Alfredo sauce
1/8 c prepared basil pesto sauce
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 Tbl shredded Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well and set aside. In a 10" sauté pan, sauté garlic in oil. Add spinach, broccoli, red pepper and grilled chicken. Toss to combine. Stir in Alfredo and pesto sauces. Simmer for 5 minutes. Reheat pasta if necessary. Pour pasta into bowl and top with vegetable/sauce mixture. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.

Maya Pastalaya
Rainforest Café

Linguine noodles, cooked & drained
2 oz chicken tenders, cubed
16 to 20 medium shrimp, tails removed
2 oz cooked andouille sausage, sliced
2 oz green bell peppers, diced
2 oz red onions, sliced
2 oz Roma tomatoes, diced
¼ c chopped green onions
Cajun seasoning
Seafood stock

Creole Butter Sauce
½ c butter, softened
Worcestershire sauce
Minced garlic
Cayenne pepper
Black pepper
Thyme
Oregano
Kosher salt
Red pepper flakes

Place Worcestershire in blender and add remaining ingredients, except butter, for Creole Butter Sauce. Whip on low until combined. Add softened butter and mix for 2 minutes. Melt the Creole butter in a sauté pan and cook until browned. Add chicken and cook until ¼ done. Add the shrimp. Cook until ½ done. Add the vegetables and the sausage. Ladle in seafood stock around the outside of the pan avoiding washing the spices off the chicken and shrimp. Cook until heated through. Place in bowl, toss with linguine, and sprinkle with tomatoes and green onions. Dust with Cajun seasoning to taste.

I couldn't find this one on any of the current menus, but they were serving it during our last visit.

COCONUT BREAD PUDDING
from The Rainforest Café
(Serves 6-8)

1 lb loaf of white bread, cut into 1" cubes
½ c sweetened shredded coconut
1/3 c dried apricots, julienne cut
30 oz Coco Lopez cream of coconut
2 c whole milk
1Tbl vanilla extract
6 eggs
1½ c sugar

For Garnish
Vanilla Ice Cream
Chocolate Shavings
Whipped Cream
Toasted Coconut
Powdered Sugar

Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line bottom of a 10 X 13 X 3 inch pan with half of the white bread. Evenly sprinkle half of the julienne apricots and half of the shredded coconut over the white bread. Top that with the remaining bread cubes and then the remaining apricots and coconut. Distribute evenly. In a sauce pan, heat milk, coconut cream, vanilla and granulated sugar until the sugar completely dissolves and the milk is tepid but not hot. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the eggs, then temper them by slowly adding 1 cup of warm milk mixture while stirring. Slowly pour the egg/milk mixture back in the warm milk and stir until well incorporated. Ladle the mixture over the bread, making sure all the bread gets moist. Cover the foil and bake in a water bath for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes until golden. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on one side and whipped cream on the other. Sprinkle whipped cream with chocolate shavings and dust bread pudding with powdered sugar. Finish with toasted coconut on the ice cream.

Safari Soup
from The Rainforest Café
serves 4

1 Tbl olive oil
2 Tbl vegetable oil
1 lb Italian sausage - casing removed, lightly sauteed and drained
1 c partly cooked pasta - any shape
4 medium garlic cloves, crushed
1/3 c diced onions
1 c sliced carrots
½ c chopped celery
3 c diced eggplant - skinned (unless skins are very thin and tender)
16 c water
1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
1/3 c mixed dried beans (Romano, kidney, fava, pinto, cranberry, etc.)
1½ Tbl salt (to taste)
3 Tbl sugar (to taste)
1 tsp pepper
¾ tsp garlic powder
1 bay leaf
1 tsp basil
¼ tsp celery seed
2 Tbl minced fresh parsley
2 Tbl minced fresh coriander
¼ tsp dry chile pepper
2 Tbl balsamic vinegar

Lightly grease stock pot bottom to prevent beans from sticking. Brown sausage and drain. Saute or sweat vegetables (garlic, onions, carrots, celery, eggplant) in olive oil until softened. Add water, sausage, tomatoes, salt, sugar, pepper, garlic powder, basil, celery seed, coriander, parsley, chile pepper, balsamic vinegar. Simmer 2 to 3 hours (until beans are soft). Adjust seasonings. Add pasta a few minutes before serving.

I feel like I'm sleepwalking but I wanted to post a my reviews before I have head off to work. I love trying the Disney recipes we collect here, so when I give a dinner I tend to go all out, :rolleyes1 :guilty: which is why I'm pretty frazzled afterwards.

The " Mother's Day" dinner was for 10 and here's what I made:

Cocktails (I give folks a cocktail menu and not all of them get chosen):
People had: Sour Apple Chiller (p. 99) one of my all time favorite drinks and clearly a party favorite; Green Gator (below) - very popular and the most requested drink; and Mississippi Mudslide (below) - Creamy and delicious.

Apptizers: Chicken Drums Glazed with Samuel Adams Boston Lager (p. 36).
: Kalamata Olive Flatbread & Basic Flatbread (below)

The chicken sauce used 1 cup of garlic chili (the hot Chinese version, I assumed), and to say it was incendiary was an understatement. I was so worried about the final result that I scooted out and bought some backup ginger garlic chicken wings at Safeway. I needn't have worried, because the finished result was delicious. I used a different lager, which is fine, because you can't taste the beer at all. I used the Kraft blue cheese dressing as the basis for the dipping sauce - so if you can come out with a better dressing you get a better result.

The Flat Bread dough was unlike anything I had worked with before. It was very wet even after having been refrigerated overnight and left out during the day. There was no way you could roll it and move it, so I greased and sprinkled cornmeal on some cookie sheets and roll the dough flat right on the sheets. The texture was like thick cornmush. I would have made it thinner if I'd had more sheet space - but I didn't - so mine ended up a lot thicker than the photo and took longer to bake. I had studied the photo and clearly the olives are not added until the end. I added the boursin cheese and the olives in the last 10 minutes of baking and sprinkled the finished result with chopped watercress as micro greens are impossible to get. I think this has the potential to be very good if the dough can be spread thinner. It was still good but I felt the dough was a little thick. The recipe makes a LOT.

Salad: Salade de Chevre Chaud (p. 141) served with Sunflower Seed Bread (below)
The salad recipe uses the same old Chefs de France dressing recipe from Cooking with Mickey Volume 2 - which is good but not the best I've had from Disney. This is a salad with a lot of interesting ingredients and the warm goat cheese adds a nice touch - but it didn't get the raves I was hoping for so I probably wouldn't make it again.
The bread was delicious with loads of sunflower seeds in it.

Entree - Jiko: BBQ Braised Beef Short Ribs (p. 136)
- Sweet Potato Puree - Le Cellier (p. 72)
Garlic Sauteed Spinach (like Jiko)

This course delivered the knockout punch. The guests loved the braised short ribs - especially the sauce. I served up one short rib per plate and it sat on the sweet potato purée - just like at the restaurant. For the sauce I had put in organic Ethiopian coffee (instead of Kenyan), a high end BBQ sauce from Williams and Sonoma, beef broth, onions and garlic etc. Even though my roasting pan was securely covered, the uncovered parts of the ribs were turning black after 5 hours of roasting - despite the fact that I was also turning them around. I wonder if our chef can give some tips as to how to roast something for 7 hours and not have it turn black at the edges?
Watch the milk amount in the potato puree as minje ended up being very soft. It worked for this recipe because the pictures of the dish all show soft mashed potatoes under the meat.

Dessert: Crystal Palace Coconut Flan (page 140)
The guests could barely eat anything after this but they managed to down healthy portions of the coconut flan because it tasted so good. Mine ended up with a nice dense texture which may have come about because I accidentally used the Cream of Coconut instead of the Coconut milk. This is definitely one I'll make again.

I was meaning to take pictures of it all, but of course, in the heat of the moment I didn't! By next dinner party is next Monday night so I have to start planning my next Disney recipes now.

Green Gator Cocktail
House of Blues, Downtown Disney
Servings: 1

1 1/2 ounces Midori Melon Liqueur
1/2 ounce coconut rum
Pineapple juice

Mississippi Mudslide
House of Blues, Downtown Disney

1/2 oz. Stolichnaya vanilla vodka
1/2 oz. dark creme de cacao
1 oz. Baileys Irish Cream liqueuer

Fill a tall glass with ice, pour in alcohol, mix and enjoy

Fill a tall glass with ice, pour in alcohol, fill the rest of the way with pineapple juice, mix and enjoy! They serve the drink with a plastic glow-stick as a swizzle stick, which gives the drink an eerie, magical radiance.

DSC06830.jpg

Kalamata Olive Flatbread & Basic Flatbread
Jiko, Animal Kingdom Lodge

3 ounces Kalamata olives, chopped
2 ounces Four Cheese Mix (Royalty) ( you'll need lots more for the dough recipe below)
1/2 ounce Boursin cheese, crumbled (same)
1/16 ounce kosher salt
1/16 ounce fresh ground black pepper
1/8 ounce olive oil
1/8 ounce Micro Greens (Garden Gourmet)
1 recipe of Millet Dough (below)

Method:
1. Spread olive oil, salt and pepper on dough.
2. Sprinkle four-cheese mixture on top of dough. Sprinkle Kalamata olives and crumble Boursin cheese on tope of the olives.
3. Bake in 400º oven for about 10 minutes until crispy and flaky.
4. Garnish with micro greens.

Millet Flatbread Dough

1 1/2 pounds high gluten flour
1 1/2 pounds millet flour
1/3 cup hulled millet
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 ( 3 cups) pounds water
1 teaspoon yeast

Method:
1. In a mixing bowl, take the yeast and add to water, mix.
2. In another mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Slowly incorporate yeast and water liquid into mix and mix well.
4. Let all rest in the bowl, covered and refrigerated.
5. Portion, let the dough rest a little longer and use it as you need.
6. Bake in 400º oven for about 10 minutes or until flaky and crispy.

Sunflower Seed Bread
Garden Grill Restaurant, Land Pavilion – Epcot (From Chef Mike Bersell)

4 cups Bread Flour
1 1/2 cups Starter Dough (recipe below)
3/4 oz. Fresh Yeast
1 tablespoon Salt
1 1/2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
1 1/2 cups Sunflower Seeds
1 1/2 cups Water

1. Mix everything together and knead dough until smooth texture and it
comes away from the mixing bowl clean.
2. Cover dough with cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
3. Scale dough pieces into desired weight and shape pieces into round
dough balls.
4. Proof the dough until it is double the size.
5. Place in hot oven (400°F) for approximately 15-20 minutes.
6. Let the bread cool before slicing.

Starter Dough
3/8 cup Water
1 cup Bread Flour
pinch of Fresh Yeast

Mix together all ingredients and rest overnight in refrigerator.

Tuscan Salad
Wine Country Trattoria, California Adventure, DL
1 serving

Handful of mixed greens or mesclun mix
1 oz. black sliced olives
1 oz. diced red bell peppers
1 oz. diced celery
1 oz. white beans
2 ea. sliced beets (not pickled)
2 ea. whole pepperoncinis
3 ea. tomato wedges

Top with grated mozzarella, a few pieces of sliced salami and croutons. Guests are given a choice of 4 dressings - Italian, Blue Cheese, Ranch or Oil & Vinegar - and all are commercial dressings.

The second time was the charm! I heard back from Cynthia Wu from the Nine Dragons resturant at the China Pavilion in Epcot. The yeild is one serving, but it looks easy enough to double, or triple. I can't wait to try it out!!!

Spicy Beef in Sichuan Broth
Ingredients:

10 oz beef, sliced
10 peppercorns
8 dried Sichuan pepper
2 oz Shanghai bokchoy (blanched)
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon chopped scallion
2 tablespoon cooking oil
1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
1 cup water or chicken broth
3 to 4 tablespoon soy sauce (to taste)

Beef marinade
White pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon corm starch
1 tablespoon water

Method of Preparation

1. Slice beef. Add in marinade. Put aside.

2. Heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Stir in peppercorn. Stir fry peppercorn for about a minute or until fragrant. Discard peppercorn. Keep fragrant oil in frying pan.

3. Stir in dried Sichuan pepper. Stir fry dried peppers until brown in color. Remove and put aside dried pepper.

4. With oil still in the frying pan, stir in chopped garlic and chili paste. Stir fry until fragrant. Add cooking wine, then water. Cook broth to a boil. Add soy sauce and a dash of white pepper.

5. Quickly stir in sliced beef. Once beef is cooked, add blanched Shanghai bokchoy. Dish up.

6. Top cooked beef and broth mixture with browned Sichuan pepper.

7. Served immediately with steamed rice.

On another thread tonight, I saw a pic of the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake from LTT. It looks so yummy! I have searched for the recipe yet have come up empty handed. Does anyone have the recipe?! :goodvibes

DSC00522.jpg

Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake
Liberty Tree Tavern, MK, WDW

Cake Bottom
1 box yellow cake mix
1 egg
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter

Mix ingredients and put an greased 13" by 9" baking pan.

Cake Filling
8 ounces cream cheese
3 ounces eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup Heath Bar pieces
1 pound powdered sugar

Put cream cheese in the mixer. Slowly add eggs and vanilla. Add butter and mix well. Add powdered sugar; then add the chocolate chips and the Heath Bar pieces. Just mix but DO NOT OVER MIX. Pour on top of the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake Bottom in the pan. Bake at 325°F for 35 min. and check for doneness.

Roasted Garlic & Buttermilk Dressing
Liberty Tree Tavern, MK, WDW
Yield: 3 cups

2 Cups Mayonnaise
¾ Cup Buttermilk
1 whole bulb Garlic (roasted)
¼ cup Red wine Vinegar
1 Fresh Lemon
Kosher Salt, to taste
Ground Black Pepper, to taste
12 Tbsp. minced Fresh parsley

Method: Roast the Garlic in a 300ºF oven until soft and golden brown. Once cool mix the Garlic and buttermilk together with a food processor until the mixture is smooth then mix together the remaining ingredients.

Fruit and Low- Fat Vanilla Yogurt Parfait
Blue Ribbon Bakery, Disneyland
1 serving

½ cup *Yoplait Low-Fat Very Vanilla Yogurt
½ banana, sliced
½ cup fresh blueberries
¼ cup strawberries, sliced, optional
½ cup Plain granola (the flavor of the granola shouldn’t clash with the yogurt so don’t use a flavored version)

Using a parfait dish, Place 1/3 of the granola on the bottom of the glass. Layer with 1/3 of the yogurt and then top it with 1/3 of the fruit. Repeat this layering twice. Tastes best when served chilled. Even 30" in the fridge is good.
* Yoplait French Vanilla is used for the high calorie version

Spicy Beef in Sichuan Broth
I'm so happy for you that the recipe was sent by Nine Dragons. Persistence often pays off, LOL. However, one of the places that has never replied is the Joy of Tea where I was hoping to get the Mango Tea Slushie.
The Concourse Steakhouse is closing very soon so if anyone is going there, this is the last chance to get recipes.

Today I heard back from Epcot about the Cheesecake at the Coral Reef!:cool1:
The BAVARIAN CHEESECAKE recipe that can be found on page 144 of this thread is the recipe that was used at the Coral Reef (thats what was sent to me) and they also sent the recipe for the berry sauce topping that the Coral Reef serves with it (when we had it, it wasn't poured over the cake just sitting in the bowl under the chessecake).

Berry Compote for Cheesecake
Coral Reef

INGREDIENTS
Blackberries (frozen)1 cup
Raspberries (frozen)1 cup
Strawberries (frozen)2 cup
Blueberries (frozen)1 cup
Sugar (granulated) 1 cup.
Water 1 cup.
Gelatin Powder 1 tea spoon
Corn starch 2 tea spoons

METHOD
Simmer strawberries with sugar and half of the water until slightly thickened. Then dissolve the gelatin in ¼ cup of cold water and set aside. Add the cornstarch to the remaining water and dissolve. Slowly pour in the cornstarch to the fruit mixture, then fold in the rest of the berries and simmer for few minutes more. Take it off the stove and add the dissolved gelatin . Stir gently. Cool the compote before portioning it into glasses. Chill and serve.
This compote is best served topped with good Vanilla sauce. Enjoy

Well I can't believe I just found out this thread existed....and I've been on the DIS boards for years!! I'm so excited to find all these recipes, especially the Kona sticky wings. I have a question about the order of the recipe though: The directions say to deep fry them, but it also gives directions for poaching liquid. Do I poach them first,then fry them just to crisp them up? Then, drench them in the wing sauce to serve?

I'm also trying to locate the recipe for the sweet bread that Kona serves at dinner with the macadamia butter. I see a recipe for the dinner bread at Ohana, but I don't think it's the same thing....??

Thanks for any help...looking forward to trying many more Disney recipes!

Sammy

Well I can't believe I just found out this thread existed....and I've been on the DIS boards for years!! I'm so excited to find all these recipes, especially the Kona sticky wings. I have a question about the order of the recipe though: The directions say to deep fry them, but it also gives directions for poaching liquid. Do I poach them first,then fry them just to crisp them up? Then, drench them in the wing sauce to serve?

The poaching is done for two reasons: 1. often restaurants will poach or par-boil chicken before deep frying to ensure completely cooked meat 2. poaching liquid will impart flavor through the meat which will add to the flavor of the end product. The poaching here is probably used to ensure complete cooking since the meat found in a wing is often adequately flavored by the sauce applied to it.

Hope this helps!

:thumbsup2

Berry Compote for Cheesecake Coral Reef

Thanks so much for posting this recipe. At least they're writing back to somebody :banana:

Well I can't believe I just found out this thread existed....and I've been on the DIS boards for years!! I'm so excited to find all these recipes, especially the Kona sticky wings.
I'm also trying to locate the recipe for the sweet bread that Kona serves at dinner with the macadamia butter. I see a recipe for the dinner bread at Ohana, but I don't think it's the same thing....??

Thanks for any help...looking forward to trying many more Disney recipes!

Sammy

I'm just as excited to find another Disney recipe fan. I loved that sweet bread with the Macadamia butter as well and got in touch with one of the managers at the Polynesian in the hopes of getting the bread recipe. He wrote me that he had forwarded my request to the kitchen and that they'd get back to me. This was months ago and they never did. Do you think you could send in a request and see if you have better luck?

I made several Disney recipes this week including some for dinner party tonight. It's very late and I'm tired (almost 4 am) but I'll write a very quick review.
Dijon Rubbed Beef Tenderloin (DCL) - basic garlic and mustard rub but works well.
Balsamic Smothered Mushrooms (page 143). These are part of the Grilled Pork Tenderloin dish at the California Grill with the idea being that the balsamic sauce gets ladled over the polenta. On its own there is too much sauce for the mushrooms and unless you're using a fabulous balsamic vinegar, I'd definitely use less as it's a little heavy on the vinegar taste.
Curried Butternut Squash Soup & Samosa's with Tamarind Chutney (Food and Wine Festival 2007, India) - These 2 recipes from the Food and Wine Festival cookbook were part of an Indian menu made for a dinner party and they were very successful starters. The soup was absolutely delicious with a slightly sweet taste and a smooth, silky texture. The samosas didn't have the crispy texture of the deep-fried ones but I prefer them baked because I don't like wasting oil and calories in deep frying unless it's absolutely necessary. The recipe wasn't strictly authentic in any case because it used phyllo rubbed with oil for the pastry casing - something no self-respecting Indian cook would ever use. Having said that this was a popular dish and they vanished as quickly as they were put on the table. The Tamarind Chutney had everyone asking for the recipe as it's a complex flavor of cumin, black mustard and sesame seeds with dates and tamarind. I can transcribe the recipes later this week if anyone is interested and thinks they might like to make this.
Alfajores de Lúcuma (page 138) I mail ordered the Lúcuma puree from Peru and used Dulce de Leche from Argentina. Having good Lúcuma puree it is important and I think fresh would have been the best. This is a very rich dessert - tasting a little like puréed figs mixed with cream and Dulce de Leche. I liked it but wouldn't rush to make it again.

Cornmeal Cake with Peaches
Spoodles Restaurant (CHEF Bart Hosmer)
Prep: 25 min Bake: 30 min

Cake
4 large eggs, whites and yolks separated
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp each freshly grated lemon and orange peel
2 Tbsp orange juice
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup yellow or white cornmeal
3/4 cup raspberry jam (or your favorite jam or jelly)
4 cups sliced fresh peaches
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
Garnish: confectioners' sugar

1 . Heat oven to 350'F. Lightly grease an 8 x 2-in. round cake pan. Line bottom with waxed paper. Grease paper.
2. Cake: Beat egg whites in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until foamy. Increase speed to high, gradually add 1/4 cup of the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form when beaters are lifted.
3. Beat yolks in a medium bowl with mixer on high speed (no need to wash beaters), gradually adding remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Beat until thick, lighter in color and doubled in volumes Beat in grated peels, orange juice and vanilla.
4. Gently fold yolk mixture into whites, then fold in flour and cornmeal just until blended. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown and pick inserted near center carries out clean. Cool completely in pan on a retire rack. Invert onto rack peel off paper, and place right side up on serving plate. Split into 2 layers. Remove top layer; spread jam to within 1/2 in. of edge of bottom layer; replace top.
6. About 30 minutes before serving: Mix peaches, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl. Leave at room temperature. Dust cake with confectioners' sugar stirred through a strainer. Serve with the peaches.

Grilled Salmon, Balsamic Onions And Polenta
Flying Fish Café, (Chef John State)

4 salmon fillets (5 oz. each)
I Tbs. olive oil
1/4 tsp. each salt and freshly ground pepper

Balsamic Onions
2 large red onions, each cut into
8 wedges with root end and skin attached
3 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp. each salt and freshly ground
black pepper
2 tsp. honey
2 thyme sprigs
1 roll (24 oz) heat and serve polenta, sliced in 12 rounds (often in the produce section)
Nonstick cooking spray

1. Heat barbecue grill, ridged grill pan or broiler. Have ready two 12 in. long pieces heavy duty foil. Rub salmon with the oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Balsamic Onions: Turn up edges of both pieces foil. Place ingredients near I end of each sheet. Fold other half of foil over onion filling. Fold edges over tightly to prevent leaks. Grill or broil 10 minutes, turn over and cook 5 to I 0 minutes longer until onions are tender when packets are pierced. Open carefully; discard onion skins and thyme.
3. Spray polenta slices with cooking spray; grill or broil 3 minutes per side.
4. Grill or broil salmon (see Tip) 4 to 5 minutes per side until opaque in center. Serve with the onions and polenta.

Cooks Note: If you can't fit everything on your grill at once, grill the onions and polenta first and keep warm on a covered serving platter, then grill the salmon.

Butterscotch Flan with Napoleons, Banana-Caramel Sauce and Rum Cream
Flying Fish Café (Chef John State)
Prep. 45 min Bake: I hr 25 min Cool: 45 min Chill: At least 3 hr

Butterscotch Flan
2 1/4 cups heavy (whipping) cream
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp dark rum
Yolks from 6 large eggs
1 box (I7 1/4 oz) frozen puff pastry, thawed

Rum Cream
3/4 CUP heavy (whipping) cream
2 Tbsp each sugar and dark rum

Banana-Caramel Sauce
10 oz commercial caramel sauce or topping
6 bananas, peeled and sliced

1. Place oven rack in middle of oven. Heat to 300'F. Have ready a 9 x 5-in. oven roof glass loaf pan, a large roasting pan, 2 large cookie sheets and a 31/2 x 21/2-in. Mickey Mouse cookie cutter (see Tip and Notes).
2. Butterscotch Flan: Bring 1 3/4 cups of the heavy cream, the butterscotch chips, sugar and rum to a simmer in a medium saucepan, stirring until chips are melted.
3. Whisk yolks and remaining 1/2 cup cream
in a large bowl until blended. Whisk in about 1 cup hot butterscotch mixture. Then whisk yolk mixture back into saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat, scraping bottom of saucepan, 3 to 5 minutes or just until mixture starts to thicken on bottom (don't let it boil; it will curdle). Pour into loaf pan.
4. Put roasting pan on middle oven rack; set loaf pan in center. Add hot water to roasting pan to come 2/3 up sides of loaf pan.
5. Bake 1 hour 15 minutes or until a knife inserted in center of flan comes
almost. clean. Remove loaf pan to a then with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 3 until cold.
6. Heat oven to 400F. Unfold puff pastry and cut out 8 Mickey Mouse heads from each sheet. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
7. Bake 10 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. With a spatula, remove immediately to a wire rack to cool.
8. Just before serving: Beat Rum Cream ingredients in a small bowl with mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.
9. Banana-Caramel Sauce. Bring caramel to a simmer in a large skillet. Add-bananas; heat through. Remove skillet from beat.
10. To assemble: Cut flan in 8 portions. To remove from pan, lightly coat a broad spatula with nonstick spray, slide under
and lift out. Place 1 portion on each dessert plate. Top with 1 Mickey pastry, the bananas, a dollop of Rum Cream, then another Mickey.
Serve immediately. Serves 8.
NOTE I The Mickey cookie cutter may be found in stores selling Wilton cake decorating supplies. For the store nearest you or to order, call Wilton Enterprises at 630- 963-7100 ext. 320.
NOTE 2 To prepare pastry without a Mickey cutter, thaw any I sheet of puff pastry. With a ruler and sharp knife, cut sheet in half lengthwise, then crosswise in quarters making eight 21/2-in. squares. Bake and cool as directed. Split squares in half. Place boftom half on flan, top with bananas, top of pastry and Rum Cream.

Meatball Kebobs
Restaurant Marrakesh, Epcot

I lb lean ground beef or lamb
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup plain dry
bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely
chopped onion
1/3 cup each chopped cilantro and parsley
I Tbs. paprika
I tsp. each ground cumin, salt and pepper

1. Mix ingredients until very well blended. Form into 12 balls. Thread 3 on each of four 12 in. Iong skewers (see Tip).
2. Grill or broil 5 minutes per side or until cooked through and a thermometer inserted in centers registers 160'F.

Shrimp With Linguine
Narcoossee's Restaurant (Chef Anette Grecchi –Gray)
Prep: 25 min Cook: 8 min

1 lb linguine pasta
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
I lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tsp. chopped garlic
I tsp. each salt and pepper
I cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper optional
I Tsp. freshly grated lemon peel
1/4 CUP fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Garnish: lemon slices and parsley sprigs

I . Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
2. While pasta cooks, heat I Tbs. of the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, garlic and 1/2 tsp. each of the salt and pepper. Sauté 2 minutes or until shrimp are barely pink. Add broth and crushed pepper, if using. Increase heat to high and cook I minute or until shrimp are cooked through. Stir in lemon peel and juice.
3. Put pasta in a serving bowl, add remaining Tbs. oil and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper; toss to coat. Add shrimp mixture, parsley and cheese. Toss to mix. Garnish with lemon and parsley.

Grilled Pork Chops with Shiitake Mushrooms and Port Wine Sauce
Yachtsman Steakhouse (Chef Roger Hill)

Four 3/4 in. thick center cut or loin park chops (about 10 oz each)
1 tsp. each salt and pepper
1 Tbs. butter
12 oz shiitake mushrooms sliced
2 bags (I0 oz each) fresh spinach

Port Wine Sauce
1 tsp. plus I Tbs. cold butter
1/4 cup minced sweet onion
1/2 cup each balsamic vinegar and port wine

1. Heat barbecue grill, ridged grill pan or broiler. Season chops with 114 tsp. each of the salt and pepper.
2. Grill or broil chops, 10 to 15 minutes, turning over once, until barely pink when cut near the bone.
3. While chops cook, heat butter in a late skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté about 5 minutes. Add spinach, a handful or two at a time, and stir just until wilted. Season with remaining 3/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Set aside until chops are done.
4. Port Wine Sauce: Melt the I tsp. butter in a medium saucepan. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Add vinegar and simmer until syrupy, about 6 minutes. Add wine and simmer until reduced by about half. Remove from heat; swirl in remaining I Tbs. butter. Pour into a sauce boat.

Grand Floridian Cafe Mango Chicken
Grand Floridian Cafe (Chef Dan Kniola)
Serves 8
Prep: 30 min; Marinate- At least 2 hr; Bake.- 55 min

MARINADE
I cup orange juice
1/2 cup frozen pineapple juice concentrate
2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
I Tbs. coarsely ground black pepper
2 tsp. salt
I tsp. minced garlic
2 broiler fryer chickens (about 3 lb each), quartered

MANGO SAUCE
2 cups fresh mango chunks
3/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
I Tbs. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. each ground cinnamon and cumin
Garnish - lime wedges

1. Mix Marinade ingredients in a jumbo zip lock bag. Add chicken, seal and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 12, turning over bag 2 or 3 times.
2. Heat oven to 375'F. Line a large jelly- roll pan with aluminum foil (for easy cleanup). Arrange chicken in pan; discard the marinade.
3. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until juices run clear when legs are pierced and a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of a leg not touching bone, registers 170'F.
4. Meanwhile puree Sauce ingredients in a food processor. Pour into a saucepan and simmer 30 minutes. Spoon over chicken; garnish with lime.
Cooks Note: Serve with French fries and cut-up fresh fruit such as mango, kiwi and strawberries.

Sorry I've been MIA. It's been a busy week!

Reviews of things I've made this week:
Boma's Flank Steak Marinade (version 2 on page 8) Excellent as always! :thumbsup2 I've tried using ground ginger when I ran out of fresh & ended up with a more paste-like consistency. It's still good, but you really can't beat the flavor of fresh ginger root! If you end up with more than you'll use, I recently tried freezing it per Rachel Ray. No more waste and the flavor & consistency was fine. :thumbsup2 Just peel it first, then cut into 1 inch pieces & pop into a plastic bag.
Boma's Cured Pork Loin (page 130) I skipped the Coconut Curry Sauce this time. It's still good without it - not too dry and I think the flavors of the spices stands out more. The smell of the cinnamon almost drove DD crazy waiting for it to be done! ;)
Polynesian's Citrus Rice (recipe below) DD wasn't thrilled with this. She didn't care for the citrus peel, although I have to admit I used dried zest I get from the spice store. Because it was dried, I added it to the water when I boiled the rice. DH & I really, really liked it - even with the dried zest. I'm going to try it again and do it properly. ;) (I'll just keep a serving aside for DD without the zest.) DH gets tired of rice pilaf all the time. Oh - and I didn't do the last step of baking it in a buttered casserole.

Sammy said:

I've updated the lists through this post. Thanks everyone for adding recipes, reviews & assistance! And it's nice to see some new posters too! :teeth:

Here are a few recipes from the Polynesian that I've collected over the years.
= = = = = = = = = = =
Asian Deli Sandwich
from Kona Café, Polynesian
Yield: 1 ea

1 Tbl Mayonnaise
¼ c Cucumber, thinly sliced
1/8 c Red Onions, thinly sliced
¼ c Carrots, shredded
½ tsp Rice wine vinegar
1 oz Hard Salami, sliced thin
2 oz Ham, sliced thin
2 oz Turkey, sliced thin
½ tsp Cilantro
1 oz Sugar
1 ea Sub Roll*

1. Combine sugar, mayonnaise and rice wine vinegar.
2. Spread mixture on the roll and sprinkle with cilantro.
3. Layer on the cucumbers, onion, and carrots.
4. Layer on the deli meats and enjoy.
*For the roll we suggest using King Hawaiian Bread, which is available in most grocery stores nationwide. You may also use Cuban Sweet bread with this.

= = = = = = = = = = =
ASIAN NOODLE BOWL
It's a 2 part recipe. One is the actual Asian Noodle Bowl and the other is the beef broth recipe if you feel like making beef broth from scratch.

ASIAN NOODLE BOWL
Yield: 1 Portion

18 oz Beef broth
3 oz Rice Noodles after soaking
1 oz Sugar snap peas
1 oz Carrots
1 oz Bean Sprouts, fresh
0.5 oz Onions, sliced
2 ea Lime wedges
4 oz Beef strip loin
½ oz Fresh mint
½ oz Fresh cilantro
½ oz Fresh basil
½ oz Garlic chili paste (sambal oelek will do too)

If Shrimp (remove beef and add 31-35 Shrimp (3.5 oz)

If Chicken (remove beef and add 4 oz Chicken Breast sliced into thin strips

1. For chicken and shrimp: add to wok with carrots and snap peas, add small amount of broth, poach until almost cooked through, then add bean sprouts, bring back to boil.
2. For beef: add carrots and snap peas to broth, heat until almost cooked through, then add bean sprouts and bring back to boil.
3. Heat noodles in warm water bath, place in bottom of bowl.
4. For beef: add sliced raw beef to noodles, then add broth with vegetables
5. For chicken and shrimp: add broth with vegetables and chicken/shrimp to noodles.
6. Garnish with sliced raw onions mixed with chopped cilantro, place limes on rim of bowl, and garnish with mint and basil.

Bui Broth (Obviously commercial kitchen amounts ;))
Yield: 16 gallons

8 oz Star Anise
4 lb Spanish onion, chopped
40 lb Beef scraps
3 oz Black peppercorns
3 oz Coriander seeds
3 oz Whole garlic cloves
3 lb Kosher salt
3 lb Granulated sugar
3 oz Cinnamon sticks
1.2 Tbl Fish sauce
25 gal Water

1. Wash anise and cinnamon.
2. Add to kettle with beef scraps, water, onions, garlic, peppercorns and coriander. Bring to a slow simmer, do not boil.
3. Simmer for 2 hours, do not boil.
4. Skim to keep broth clear, add fish sauce, sugar, and mix well.
5. Strain, bag and chill

[I copied this note from someone who had made this: "I've made this soup with regular beef broth out of a can added with the fish sauce, sugar, and star anise and it came out pretty close."]

= = = = = = = = = = =
Blackened Mahi Sandwich
Yield: 1 serving

1 Mahi filet (6 oz)
1 Hamburger bun
1½ oz Cool down sauce (recipe below)
1 oz Green leaf lettuce
½ oz Blackening spice
6 oz French fries
1 Slice Tomato

1. Rub filet with oil and then coat well with blackening seasoning.
2. Sear on very hot iron skillet.
3. Put cool down sauce on bottom of bun.
4. Put fish on bun and garnish with lettuce and tomato.

Cool Down Sauce
Yield: serves 10

¾ c Mayonnaise
1/3 oz Capers
1/8 oz Cilantro
3/8 oz Anchovy filets
1/8 oz Frozen lemon juice
1/8 oz Dry mustard
To taste Salt and pepper

Puree everything in blender or robot coupe until mixed well.
Add mayo and continue until mixed well.

= = = = = = = = = = =
Buttermilk Coconut dressing
from Coral Isle Café, Polynesian

1 c oil,
½ tsp salt
¾ c sugar
2 c sour cream
1 c red wine vinegar
2 c mayonnaise
6 c buttermilk
6 oz coconut cream
1 tsp black pepper

In a blender or food processor, with a steel blade, combine all ingredients and blend well. Refrigerate.

= = = = = = = = = = =
Chicken A La Reine Soup
Coral Isle Café, Polynesian

¼ c margarine
1 c finely diced onion
1 c finely diced celery
1 c finely diced carrots
1/3 c all-purpose flour
2 qt chicken broth (8 cups)
1/3 c finely diced green pepper
1/3 c finely diced red pepper or pimiento
1 c cooked rice
1 c finely diced cooked chicken breast
1 c half and half, heated
to taste Salt and white pepper

Heat margarine in a large saucepot and cook onion, celery and carrots over low heat until tender, stirring occasionally. Add flour and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not brown. Gradually stir in chicken broth until blended. Bring to a boil, cover, and cook over low heat 5 minutes.
Add green and red pepper or pimiento, rice and chicken and heat another 5 minutes. Stir in hot half and half. Heat but do not boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If all soup is not used when prepared, it may be frozen.

= = = = = = = = = = =
Citrus Rice
Polynesian

1 1/3 c water
½ tsp Salt
7 Tbl butter, divided
1 1/3 c pre-cooked rice
2/3 c chopped celery
1/3 c chopped Spanish onion
3 Tbl chopped orange peel
1½ Tbl chopped lemon peel
1/3 c orange juice
3 Tbl chicken broth
to taste Salt and white pepper

Bring water, salt and 2 tsp. butter to a boil. Stir in rice. Cover and remove from heat. At the end of 5 min., fluff with a fork. Set aside.

Heat remaining butter in a 9" skillet. Add celery, onion, orange and lemon peels and mix in rice. Sauté for 7 minutes. Add orange juice and chicken broth and season to taste. Spoon into a 1-quart buttered casserole and bake at 350 deg. F for 15 min.

I have spent the last two days going through this thread and printing recipes to try. I am only on page 60 but I plan to keep going until I have read every post.

I checked the index and I don't see the dish I am looking for. We had dinner at Chef Mickey's in Oct and my DD really enjoyed a dish there. I don't know the name of it but it was like a chicken potpie. It had chicken potatoes and other veggies. I'm sorry that isn't much help. If anyone has any idea I would appreciate the help.

Thanks for joining us here! We always enjoy hearing from new people. :cheer2:

I've added your request to our list also found in the index thread at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1777635 (See post #5)

I did a quick check & think what you're looking for is called "Roasted Turkey Pot Pie". The menu listing for Chef Mickey's here on The DIS shows it under the "Chef's Buffet Specials" section. Have you tried requesting the recipe? There are addresses listed in post 4 of the index thread.

Does anyone have the recipe for onion soup served at WL's Artist Point? They haven't served it in probably 6 or 7 years and I miss it.

TIA
The "What Disney Recipes Have You Tried?" thread has been moved to the Cooking forum. I saw this request over there & was hoping that someone might have this recipe in one of the older Disney Cookbooks. Anyone?

The "What Disney Recipes Have You Tried?" thread has been moved to the Cooking forum. I saw this request over there & was hoping that someone might have this recipe in one of the older Disney Cookbooks. Anyone?

White Onion Soup
Artist Point (Chef Robert Adams) from Cooking with Mickey 1998
Serves 4; makes about 3 1/4 cups

1/4 cup ( 1/2 stick) butter
3 medium-sized white onions, cut into 1/4" dice
2 cups low sodium chicken broth or stock, preferably homemade
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
A pinch freshly ground white pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
Snipped fresh chives or chopped fresh parsley for garnish

1. In a 4 to 5 quart Dutch oven, melt the butter over low heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, for 45 minutes; do not let the onions brown.
2. In a food processor, purée the onions until smooth.
3. Return the onions to the Dutch oven and whisk in the chicken broth, salt, and pepper.
4. Remove 2 cups of the onion mixture to a bowl and whisk in the sour cream.
5. Whisking constantly, return the sour cream mixture to the soup and heat through; do not let the soup boil.
6. Serve the soup hot, garnished with snipped fresh chives.

Cooks Note: if you prefer, toast a slice of French or Italian bread, melt some Pecorino Romano cheese on top, and sprinkle with chives and place it in the soup as a garnish.

Hi, Tatiana requested that I post my modified recipe for Boma's Cocomisu. The original has so many ingredients that are difficult to find, so with much trial and trial (all yummy though!), here is what worked for me. Bon Apetit!

Ingredients:
Ingredients for PART 1:
1 cup Sugar
2 cups Water
1 cup shredded coconut
1/4 can Coco Lopez (found in the Mexican aisle of the supermarket, or liquor stores. If you can't find it try 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk with 2 tablespoons coconut extract. Doesn't work quite as well though)
1/2 cup milk (skim is fine)
1 cup Kahlua Liquor

30 pieces Ladyfingers (do NOT use any from Trader Joes, not soft enough)

Ingredients for PART 2:
2 envelopes powdered Gelatin
2 TBLS cold water
1 cup shredded coconut
1/4 can Coco Lopez (found in the Mexican aisle of the supermarket, or liquor stores. If you can't find it try 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk with 2 tablespoons coconut extract. Doesn't work quite as well though)
1/2 cup milk (skim is fine)

Ingredients for PART 3:
3 pounds Mascarpone Cheese
1 pound Powder Sugar
8 each Egg Yolks
½ can Coco Lopez
1 quart Heavy Cream
1 cup Toasted Coconut

Method:
Part 1
1. Make syrup by boiling water and sugar in a saucepot. Once it boils, remove from flame and transfer into another container. Mix shredded coconut, 1/4 can coco lopez, and 1/2 cup skim milk together. Mix this with the sugar water and Kahlua.

2. Soak each ladyfinger while syrup is still warm and set aside on a sheet pan.

Part 2
3. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water until soft.
4. Make another batch of shredded coconut, 1/4 can coco lopez, and 1/2 cup skim milk together. Place gelatin and this mixture in a small bowl. Place over a hot bath to dissolve the gelatin. Set aside.

Part 3
5. Boil water. Once the water boils carefully add eggs and cook for 5 minutes. Remove eggs and immediately crack open and remove egg yolks into a small bowl. Discard whites. This helps kill bacteria while not cooking the yolks.

6. In the mixer, whip mascarpone cheese with powder sugar. Add yolks, Coco Lopez and heavy cream. Whip until thick.

7. Temper some of this mixture in step 4 and put it back with the rest of the mixture from step 4.

8. Continue to whip until mixture has doubled. Be careful not to over whip and curdle the cheese.

9. Place soaked ladyfingers on the bottom of desired deep dish, about 4 inches deep. Ladle about an inch and a half of the filling.

10. Place another layer of ladyfingers, then ladle another layer of filling.

11. Smooth the top with a spatula, and then sprinkle the top with toasted coconut.
Note: I usually end up with lots of extra filling from Step 7. This freezes well. You can probably cut down and adjust the ingredients needed in step 7.
Enjoy and let me know how it turns out!

Chicken Corn Chowder
"Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge"

Yield: 8 Servings

2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
1 pound russet potatoes, cooked and diced
2 cups frozen corn kernels
1/8 cup diced onion
1/8 cup diced red pepper
1 cup heavy cream (I usually buy the one that says "whipping")
1 cup milk
2 tsp sugar
2 t hot saYiuce (I don't like this and skip it)
1/8 cup fresh parsley
1 chicken bouillon cube dissolved in 1 cup water

Bring chicken stock to a boil.
Add milk, cream, chicken, potatoes, peppers, onion, corn and sugar.
Add parsley and hot sauce and simmer for 5 minutes
Serve hot.

*I always double this as it is SO good. It's a hit at pitch-ins! Red pepper is expensive so I cut one up into chunks and freeze the chunks in baggies so I have it on hand when I make the recipe next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just as excited to find another Disney recipe fan. I loved that sweet bread with the Macadamia butter as well and got in touch with one of the managers at the Polynesian in the hopes of getting the bread recipe. He wrote me that he had forwarded my request to the kitchen and that they'd get back to me. This was months ago and they never did. Do you think you could send in a request and see if you have better luck?

:thumbsup2 I'll see what I can do!

Sammy

Hi, Tatiana requested that I post my modified recipe for Boma's Cocomisu. The original has so many ingredients that are difficult to find, so with much trial and trial (all yummy though!), here is what worked for me. Bon Apetit!

I'm crazy about all things coconut and have really wanted to try this but the coconut puree had me stalled. Thanks SO much for this and the Boma recipe. Can't wait to try it. :cool1:

Magical Kingdoms web site had some recipes from Tusker House that I hadn't seen before.

Banana-Cinnamon Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
Tusker House, Animal Kingdom

14 ounces Cinnamon Bread
12 ounces Milk
8 ounces Liquid Eggs
4 ounces Brown Sugar
4 ounces White Sugar
10 each Ripe Bananas
1 tablespoon Cinnamon
1 tablespoon Vanilla
¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
4 ounces Raisins
4 ounces Pecans
2 ounces Butter Blend
3 ounces Sanding Sugar

Dice cinnamon bread into 1 inch squares and place into a 12 inch round pan.
In a large bowl, mix the other ingredients except for the bananas, sanding sugar and butter. Mash up 6 bananas and add them to the egg mixture. Slice up the remaining bananas and add them to the panned cinnamon bread. Pour the egg mixture over the bread/sliced bananas and let stand for about 20 to 30 minutes. Bake at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes. Brush the top with the butter blend and dust with the sanding sugar.
Serve warm with vanilla sauce. (recipe follows)

Vanilla Sauce
4 ½ teaspoon Butter Blend
4 ½ teaspoon Flour
¾ cup Sugar
1/8 teaspoon Salt
1 ¼ cup Milk
1 cup Whipping Cream
1 each Egg, Beaten
½ tablespoon Vanilla Paste
On medium heat melt butter in a small sauce pan, add flour and cook for about 5 minutes stirring continuously. In a small mixing bowl mix together the remaining ingredients. Add this to the flour and butter stirring with a whisk until the mixture thickens (about 5 to 8 minutes.) Serve warm or chilled.

Curried Rice Salad

1 pound Basmati Rice
24 ounces Water
¼ ounce Kosher Salt
2 each Cinnamon Sticks
½ ounce Curry Powder
1 ounce Olive Oil
½ each Lemon
4 seeds Cardamom
8 ounces Onions diced ¾ inch and Roasted
2 grams Ground Black Pepper
4 ounce Golden Raisins
4 ounce Curry Chermoula Vinaigrette (below)
Rinse rice under cold water until water runs clear, approximately 20 minutes. Put drained rice in rice cooker, cover with water, and add salt, cinnamon, lemon, curry powder and oil; turn on. Stir every 10 minutes until done. Remove from heat and chill. Add onions, raisins, vinaigrette and salt & pepper if needed.

Chermoula Vinaigrette
8 ounces Safflower Oil
4 ounces Lemon Juice
4 ounces Chermoula (ingredients below)
¼ ounce Curry Powder
¼ ounce Minced Garlic
½ ounce Red Curry Paste

Chermoula
1 cup Fresh Cilantro
4 clove Garlic -- peeled
2 tablespoons Vinegar
1 x Juice of 1 Lemon or Lime
1 tablespoon Paprika
1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
2 tablespoon Olive Oil (more if needed)
Salt (to taste)
Cayenne Pepper (to taste)

In food processor or blender, combine cilantro, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, paprika, cumin, crushed red pepper, olive oil, salt, and cayenne to a fine paste. Adjust the consistency by adding more olive oil. The marinade should be fairly thick.

Yam Casserole

4 pounds Canned yams or Sweet Potatoes
7 ounces Coco Fiesta (Coconut Milk)
6 ounces Brown Sugar
1/2 ounce Vanilla
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Nutmeg
2 ounce Toasted Coconut
4 tablespoons Corn Starch
2 cups Orange Juice

Drain the juice from the sweet potatoes. Place potatoes into a pan or casserole dish. In a bowl mix the sugar, butter, and coco fiesta. Add the orange juice, corn starch, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour the mixture over the potatoes Cook at 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes Top with the toasted coconut.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter