<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

I don't have the Coconut Flan recipes :sad2: but maybe the person who requested it (or another member) could take a minute to email WDW and ask for it. :confused3 I think I have my quota of requests in right now, if I'm not careful WDW is going to block my email addy LOL
:lmao:

Thats how I feel. :laughing:

I have requests out all over I'm afraid I'll be marked a spammer.

Leaning Palms,
Typhoon Lagoon

3 ounces tunas salad
2 ounces gourmet salad mix
4 ounces chopped romaine
.5 ounces of black olives
.125 ounces shredded carrots
.5 ounces Greek pepper
.5 ounces red roasted pepper
.5 ounces feta cheese
2 ounces vinaigrette olive dressing

NO ASSEMBLEY INSTRUCTIONS WERE INCLUDED.

I just found out what I'm having for lunch. The only thing I don't have is a Greek pepper, but I have Greek vinaigrette.

Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin - I don't see these recipes in the index yet. Would you both please be so kind as to post them? Yum! :teeth:

Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
from Sonya's at Disney's Vero Beach Resort
Serving size: 3

3 two ounce portions of pork tenderloin (trimmed, pounded, and 1inch thick)
3 strips of applewood smoked bacon
3 oz maple syrup
4 oz canola oil
salt and pepper to taste
6 oz beef stock
1/4 tsp. whole grain mustard

1. Wrap each tenderloin with a strip of bacon, trimming excess bacon and skewering each strip with a toothpick
2. Combine syrup and oil, then pour the mixture over the wrapped pork and marinade overnight
3. Salt and pepper marinated pork to taste before cooking on a grill.
4. Boil beef stock and reduce by 1/2 (to 3oz) Add mustard to reduced stock, and pour the mixture over the grilled pork before serving.

From the DVC quarterly Vacation Magic Magazine

I first want to say that I had no plan to “jump ship” when it came to this thread. I absolutely loved reading posts and updating the recipe lists! You all know I did it faithfully each day. I was excited when someone posted requesting a recipe that they just had to have and I was even more excited to try and find it for them! Yes, things got quite hectic in my life yet I still looked forward to logging onto the DisBoards Official Disney Recipe Exchange! Then the messages started…

“I posted a requested recipe. Are you going to take it off of the Requested List?!!” (After 2 days-geez, give me a moment to breath)

“Could “we” change the format of the Recipe Index?” “I find your format tedious…”

“I would be happy to take over for you if this is too much for you” **This was mentioned to me repeatedly even when I was updating 3 times a day!

"I have taken the liberty of updating both the index and a request list..." (NOT from a Moderator)

People suddenly claiming to have secret inside sources at a particular restaurant when a new recipe from that dining spot was requested. What a coincidence! And many times it was not the recipe served in the restaurant.

I started the Disney Recipe Exchange in hopes of a fun, light-hearted way for all of us to share recipes from a very special place we all hold close to our hearts. In the mood for making Tonga Toast on a lazy Sunday morning? You came to the right place! Want that special Disney cocktail recipe you had on your honeymoon? Again, you came to the right place.

Do you want to repeatedly bicker and complain about the order the recipes are in or that your recipes were not spotlighted as the Recipe of The Year? Do you get upset and claim that other posters recipes are not "official" because you claim to make three 7-course-Dsieny-meals 5 times a week. No thanks.

Again, I loved every moment I spent updating lists, searching for recipes and just simply sharing time with fellow Disers who shared my love of Disney dining spots!

I hope this continues to be a great thread for my fellow Disers!

I started the Disney Recipe Exchange in hopes of a fun, light-hearted way for all of us to share recipes from a very special place we all hold close to our hearts. In the mood for making Tonga Toast on a lazy Sunday morning? You came to the right place! Want that special Disney cocktail recipe you had on your honeymoon? Again, you came to the right place.

Do you want to repeatedly bicker and complain about the order the recipes are in or that your recipes were not spotlighted as the Recipe of The Year? Do you get upset and claim that other posters recipes are not "official" because you claim to make three 7-course-Dsieny-meals 5 times a week. No thanks.

Again, I loved every moment I spent updating lists, searching for recipes and just simply sharing time with fellow Disers who shared my love of Disney dining spots!

I hope this continues to be a great thread for my fellow Disers!

I'm glad your ok :hug: . I was hopeing everything was alright:flower3: .

I'm sorry that the thread got out of hand. I came here for the fun of it, and for how sweetly I was welcomed to the thread.
Thank you :goodvibes

Hi Llyninpa,

I’m also glad to hear that everything is okay with you and I’m sorry you got the feeling that the time and effort you put into this thread was not appreciated.

It’s BECAUSE you were so diligent about updating the Recipe Index and Request list, that it became a source of worry to Posters on this thread when weeks went by and there wasn’t a word. The concern was more about your well being than anything else.
However, the success of the thread also meant that pages of recipes were being posted and it was becoming difficult to keep track of it all without any updates. Offering to help was simply a way of taking some of the burden off your shoulders. We all get busy and real life interferes, so it should not be construed as a criticism if someone offers their assistance (which I did, when I offered to update the index and request list). I apologize if this came across as offensive because it was not meant to be.

I don’t know about the other comments you posted, but I don’t actually see the problem in considering suggestions for improving the usability of the index or letting people use whatever sources they have for getting recipes. If we’re here to share recipes from a place we all love, why can’t we work together to make it as user friendly and informative as possible? If you’re looking for that “special Disney cocktail recipe you had on your honeymoon” you probably don’t want to wade through 2000+ posts to find it.

Maybe I’ve missed something here, but I don’t see repeated bickering about the “order of recipes or recipes not being spotlighted”. I see people who have a passion for good food, cooking and collecting some of the most delicious recipes in the world – namely Disney recipes. I hope we can all keep doing that and I also hope that this continues to be a great thread. We’ve already got the best collection of Disney recipes anywhere online and the credit goes to you, llyninpa, for starting this thread and coming up with the idea of an index – which other similar threads don’t have. That’s what sets this thread apart and why I love it.

It’s good to see you back and let’s all get back to having a good time posting & comparing Disney recipes!

wpmickey37b.jpg

Lynn, personally, I was just worried about YOU! It was because of all of your hardwork on this thread that your presence was immediately noticed...I'm glad you're okay :hug:

Llyninpa,
I'm glad your back! I hope life has calmed down for you and things are getting back to normal. I never took the time to tell you how much I love your thread and I enjoy reading every post. So I am telling you now, THANK YOU, for all of the time and effort you put into caring for this thread. :hug:

YOU ROCK! :grouphug:

I don't see these recipes in the index yet. Would you both please be so kind as to post them? Yum! :teeth:

I will review which ones I did post. I promise to get them posted soon, its been a little hectic hear and I haven't been able to Dis as much as I would like.

lynninpa, welcome back and we are all glad that you and your family is okay.
I think if you read the post through your absence you will see it was concern for your well being that had us worried. Just glad we had nothing to worry about.:goodvibes

Its because of this thread that I joined! :cool1:
Lynn I don't know you, but I can see all the hard work that you have put into this thread. I wouldn't let some petty people negate the feeling of satisfaction that the success of this thread has brought to you. Life has a way of getting busy at times so people come and go as time permits. I don't think an offer of help was out of line or in any way disrespectful and I'm sure thats not the spirit it was intended in.

Welcome back, now lets get cooking! :woohoo:

lynninpa...
I have mostly lurked here, but I too am glad we have heard from you...
I started a little thread in comparison, a fridge swap, and between all my outside responsibilites, I often cannot respond to people quickly.. sometimes not at all. The effort and dedication you have given is outstanding and WE, (DH & I) thank you!
:goodvibes:

Safari Martini
Boma - Flavors of Africa Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Yield: 1 serving

Ingredients

1 3/4 ounces Absolut Citron
1/4 ounce Van Der Hum
Splash Cranberry Juice
1 each Lemon Twist

Method of Preparation

Mix together and serve in a martini glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this one has been on the request list for some time now.

ENJOY!

Six Hour Braised Veal Shank with Orzo Pasta, Toasted Sesame Seeds and a Soy Sauce Glaze
GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA
Cítricos
Cítricos, Chef Roland Muller

Makes 2 Servings

Ingredients

2 each - 24 ounce Veal Hind Shank, trussed and marinated - See Method

8 ounce Orzo Pasta, blanched

2 tablespoons Black Sesame Seeds, toasted

2 each Green onions Tempura, See Method

2 each Rosemary Sprigs

Veal Shank Marinade

2 tablespoons Black sesame Seeds, toasted

1 cup Rice Wine Vinegar

1.2 cup Soy sauce

1 tablespoon Chili Flakes, crushed

2 each green Onions, chopped

4 ounces carrots, diced

4 ounces celery, diced

2 cups Dry White Wine

4 ounces Fennel, diced

1 ounce fresh Cilantro, chopped

3 ounces Sesame Seed Oil

Marinade Preparation

Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Place the trussed veal
shanks in a small upright container and pour the marinade over the top to
cover. Allow to marinate for 72 hours (three days).

Cooking Method

Remove the shanks from the marinade. In a large sauce pot, heat 1 tablespoon
of olive oil and sear all sides of the shanks to a deep golden brown. Add
the marinade to cover the shanks 3/4 of the way and bring to a simmer. Cover
the pot with a lid or foil. Place the pot in a 300f. oven and allow to cook
for four to six hours or until tender. Upon completion of cooking, remove
the shank from the liquid and keep warm. Place the marinade in a small sauce
pot on the stove over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce to sauce
consistency. Adjust the seasoning as needed.

* Do not over reduce the sauce as it will become salty due to the soy sauce
content.

Tempura Batter

4 ounces All Purpose Flour

2 tablespoons Corn Starch

2 tablespoons Baking Powder

1 teaspoon Sesame Oil

1 ounce Lime Juice, fresh squeezed

1 pinch Cayenne Pepper

Salt to taste

Tempura Method

Combine all dry ingredients and mix well. Incorporate the oil and lime
juice. Adjust the consistency with water. Immerse the green onions into the
batter to thoroughly coat. Deep fry the onions at 350f. until golden brown.
Reserve warm.

Presentation

In a medium sauté pan, heat two tablespoons whole butter until it is lightly
brown. Add the toasted sesame seeds and orzo. Toss until hot and adjust the
seasoning as needed. Place the orzo in the center of the dish. Place the
veal shank on the bed of orzo and ladle the sauce over the top to glaze.
Garnish the dish with the Tempura onion and rosemary sprig.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I am looking for 2 recipes. The first is the Veal Shanks at Citricos. My DH and DS have had these there and keep asking me to make them!! The 2nd recipie I am looking for is a Cold Orzo Salad that I was served at the Captain's Grille(Yacht Club) in February. It was DELICIOUS :cloud9: and I would LOVE to have this recipie for Summer BBQ's. Thanks, Joan

Thanks so much for those 2 new recipes GoofysMama! The Veal Shanks had been a long standing request. Equally long standing has been the request for the braised short ribs from Jiko.

Does anyone have the short rib recipe from Jiko. My wife absolutely loved this dish. Thanks!

A big thanks to new Jiki Chef Brian Piasecki who took the time to write the following:

ShortRibs_Jiko-1.jpg

BBQ-Braised Beef Short Ribs
Jiko, Animal Kingdom Lodge

Chefs Note: Below are the bullet point to actually make the recipe - ours varies just a bit because of the large quantities that we produce, but overall this will yield you a great product. Every time you make them it may differ a bit based on the amount you produce and the flavor you want. - Chef Brian Piasecki.

1. Season the beef short ribs by rubbing them well with olive oil, salt and black pepper
2. Sear them just to brown them in a heavy bottomed pan at high heat (careful - this will be a little messy and the hot grease will pop out of the pan and can burn you - wear long sleeves!!!)
3. Place the seared ribs into an oven-proof roasting pan that has a tight fitting lid.
4. Along with the ribs, place your liquid, enough to cover 2/3rds of the meat, (Jiko has used beef broth, red wine, Tamarind sauce, thin BBQ sauce with ground Kenyan coffee etc.), 1-2 large diced onions, and 8-10 whole garlic cloves. Place the lid on it securely and place it in a 275 degree oven for about 7 hours. It is important not to rush the cooking time because the long, slow heat is the key to these being very flavorful and tender.
5. When done (the meat will separate easily from the bones with just the touch of a fork), carefully remove them from the liquid so they do not fall apart and transfer the cooking liquid to a saucepan and reduce by half. Remove from the heat, with a stick blended (hand burre mixer - you can also use a blender but the liquid is very hot) puree the sauce with the onions and garlic as this will assist in the thickening of the sauce. Continue to reduce if it is to thin or not the consistency that you would like.
6. Pour the sauce over the ribs either on individual plates, or on a family sized platter and enjoy!
Jiko serves this over an Idaho and Sweet Potatoes mash.

Thanks so much for those 2 new recipes GoofysMama! The Veal Shanks had been a long standing request. Equally long standing has been the request for the braised short ribs from Jiko.

Your very welcome! I'm glad I could help. :hug:

I love getting the recipes, it's like Christmas to me :banana:

Thanks for all you share too, It inspires me to keep the recipes coming in.

Recipe Reviews:
Roma Tomato Sauce (p. 128) - a slightly sweet, basic tomato sauce that worked well on pasta and as a pizza sauce.
Sicilian Pizza (F&W Festival) - I used the Roma tomato sauce and used the dough setting on the bread machine for the crust. Homemade pizza is SO much better than store bought and this one was simple but yummy - with lots of mozzarella.
Apple Vinaigrette (Boma version below). I've never had apple vinaigrette and this one is very thick with the grated apple. It's different and interesting but not something I'd make on a regular basis.

Apple Vinaigrette
from Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge (from the DISNEY magazine
Yield: 10 servings

1 ¼ cups Olive oil
½ cup Lemon juice, fresh squeezed
1 ½ each fresh Lemon zest
1/3 cup Cider vinegar
2 each Apple, pureed
1 T. Dijon mustard
To taste Kosher salt
To taste Fresh ground black Pepper
Peel and shred about two apples through the mandoline and put in a stainless steel bowl with the Dijon Mustard. Whisk in the cider vinegar and the lemon juice, and slowly add in the olive oil. Stir in the fresh grated lemon zests and mix well. Adjust the seasonings with Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.

:rainbow:
Since we're posting slow braised shank recipes, here is a favorite from Napa Rose - apparently "unbelievably rich and delicious".

Wine Country Slow Braised Lamb Shank
Napa Rose Restaurant, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel(from Cooking with Mickey 2004)
6 servings

6 Lamb shanks
Salt and black pepper, to taste
10 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp Canola oil
1 Onion, julienned
2 Carrots, julienned
2 Celery stalks, julienned
2 Cups good red wine
4 Cups Veal or lamb demi-glacé
2 Cups Water
1/3 C Chopped sundried tomatoes
2 Tbsp. kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
1 tsp. Anchovies
½ bunch Thyme sprigs
½ bunch fresh sage

Heavily season lamb shanks with salt and black pepper heavily and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Saute garlic in canola oil, in a large braising pan. Bring up to heat, medium, while stirring garlic constantly. Add onions, carrots and celery and continue to sauté until brown. Deglaze with red wine and add demi-glace and water. Bring to a simmer.
In a separate pan, sauté seasoned lamb shank to a nice brown. Add them to the braising pot of liquid and vegetables. Make sure that lamb shanks are covered with liquid or they will dry out.
Place braising pan in the pre-heated oven and cook uncovered for 2 hours or until very tender. The meat should be falling off of the bone. The liquid should have reduced by half. However, be careful that liquid does not reduce too fast; if it does, add a little more water while shanks are cooking.
Serve with the vegetables and the braising liquid in a large pasta bowl or chop plate.
Lamb shanks go great with red wine, especially cabernet.

I've been finishing up with reading the thread and going through the index. I'm finally caught up & will be fixing the formatting in the next couple of days. I found quite a few recipes that had been posted more than once...the same version. Starting around page 105/106 I began deleting the duplicate recipes, if the recipe was the only thing in the post - after verifying that the recipes were identical. Please don't take it personally if some of your posts have been deleted - it was just an effort to keep the thread running a bit longer since threads get locked at 5000 posts. (We were about halfway there.) To that end, I'm going to comment on several things I ran across that I didn't see answered all in this post. (In the future, you might want to consider posting multiple recipes in a single post instead of giving each their own. Try using bold on the name of the recipe to make it stand out.)

Regarding Artist Point's Smoky Portobello Soup
quiltymom said:
Do you think that a bit of Liquid Smoke would do the same thing? I don't have a smoker, even though I know that I could rig something up in my grill.
OK Im sure I read that you can smoke things by wrapping them in foil and lying them on top of a saucepan with wood chips and boiling water in but not sure how easy it would be to do this with mushrooms. Ive seen it done with chicken and as long as the pan was small it would work.
I often add Liquid Smoke to things because DH does the grilling & he doesn't "want to mess with all that". :confused3 It's just easier than arguing. ;) I can tell you that while we really enjoy the flavor, it's not quite the same. I think the kind of wood chips used really does make a difference. The few times I got DH to try it we used a somewhat different method than Gismo mentioned: Soak wood chips overnight. Place them in a foil pan (or you can make a foil pouch with holes on top). Preheat one side of the gas grill. Once heated, turn down one side & place foil pan/pouch on the lava rocks. Place what you want smoked on the cold side of the grill, close the lid & wait. You could also refer to page 123, post 1831. There is a kind of "How To Guide" to smoking things.

Regarding F&W Festival's Ripe Plantain Casserole
<snip>I have no idea how to ripen plantains, either. I've also tried to wait for them to ripen faster in a brown bag, but with no luck. They are definitely hardy things! Anyone know how to make plantains ripen faster?
I Googled ripening plantains faster & found this advice: "Put it in a bag that contains oranges or other citrus fruits...Speeds up ripening drastically. Also in the caribbean we wrap in newspapers and place under the bed...lol
I guess it's generally warm under there or something...but I've seen people do it..."

Regarding F&W Festival's Pierogi with Kielbasa
greeneyes said:
And for the kielbasa, slicing it like that before grilling will dry it out. If you want to grill it buy a one pound ring, cut it at the bend and then slice open lengthways. Quickly grill and then slice into bite size pieces.
We always cut our kielbasa before grilling. I cut the "ring" into 6 pieces & then cut those in half lengthwise. We all prefer it that way...unless DH isn't paying attention & it burns. LOL You just have to be careful that it doesn't flare up as the grease drips. He pretty much always grills with the lid open. I don't like greasy foods & this way I can eat the kielbasa. During the winter I have to make something else for me if I pan-fry kielbasa for everyone else.

Regarding Hollywood & Vine's Root Beer Sweet Potatoes Sauce
Also, I found this recipe on a website.

Has anyone ever tried to make these? I'm thinking about making this with a roasted pork loin on Wednesday night.
FWIW: I don't believe that recipe is an "official" recipe, but is a copycat or clone. I found that recipe on Copykat.com a number of years ago. The amounts were somewhat different though.

Root Beer Sweet Potatoes Sauce
from Hollywood & Vine, source: Copykat.com

1 qt rootbeer
1 c bourbon
1 oz lemon juice
6 oz water
3 oz corn starch
2 oz butter
pinch of ground cloves

Mix corn starch with water, set aside. Bring all other ingredients to a boil in a pot. Add corn starch mixture. Sauce is now ready to be poured on sweet potatoes. Slice fresh sweet potatoes in 1/2" circles, bake in 350 degree oven until soft. Remove from oven, pour glaze over and they are ready to serve.

[My comments: DS loved these potatoes & was really excited to have them at home. He thought they tasted the same. I can't say one way or the other as I didn't have them due to the sugar content. I didn't peel the potatoes before baking them - I detest peeling sweet potatoes. LOL It only took a second to peel the skin off once the slices were baked & I poured the sauce over at that point.]

Regarding Boma's Butternut Squash Soup
Tatania said:
Last night I made the Butternut Squash Soup from Boma <snip> I think the lemon is a mistake.

Update: When I reheated the soup I added the juice of one blood orange, more brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and DS and I liked it better. Mom prefers the sour version and wants the recipe, LOL.
I just wanted to point out that there is a fall version of this version as well. As you can see this version calls for sugar, but no lemon. The spices this one calls for would make it a bit sweeter tasting as well, I think.

BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP-Fall version
Boma – Flavors of Africa, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 8 servings

3 oz Unsalted Butter
11 oz Butternut Squash, cut in chunks
To taste Salt and Pepper
8 oz Water
8 oz Heavy Cream
8 oz Milk
1 oz Sugar, adjust if needed
1 tsp Ginger
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Coriander
1 Tbl Cornstarch
Water
3 oz American Cheese

1. In a small pot, melt the butter and pour over the squash. Season squash with salt and pepper and roast in 325 oven for 45 minutes.
2. In a kettle, mix squash with water. Add heavy cream and milk and puree. Add sugar, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and coriander.
3. Make a slurry with the cornstarch and add to the soup.
4. Add the American cheese and continue mixing until smooth.
5. Adjust seasoning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter