• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Actually the zebra domes from the mara. Someone on the AKL thread mentioned that the Z.D. at the mara doesnt contain any alcohol and coffee.

Hi,
Have you tried to request the recipe from DAKL? If you need the info on how to do that I can tell you.

:goodvibes

The index is updated to here. I've also added a separate index listing the recipes by restaurant.

Also, please take a moment to check the Request Index to see if you have any of these recipes. For anyone motivated to send requests on behalf of others, it would probably be best to send them soon as they tend to get busy over the summer & aren't able to get to you as quickly as other times of year.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to make the Salad dressing at Artist Point.
It reminds me of a buttermilk ranch mixed with a green goddess (that might be what its called) but I know its a dressing that you can get on the regular salads.

does anyone know?
if so, thank you!!!

I don’t think this meets your request above, but it’s pretty good anyway. ;)

Green Garlic Emulsion
Artist Point at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
2 oz Pasteurized Egg Yolk
8 oz Green Garlic Tops
2 c Olive Oil, pure
2 c Canola Oil
8 oz Lemon Juice
4 oz Roasted Garlic
To Taste Salt and Pepper
Blanch Garlic in boiling salted water, shock in ice water, drain well and puree in food processor. Add egg yolk to the pureed garlic and slowly add the oils. Add the remaining ingredients and puree well. Adjust consistency with cold water and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and lemon if needed.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Whispering Canyon Mashed Potatoes
Whispering Canyon Café Wilderness Lodge

3¼ lb Yukon Gold Whole Potatoes
1/3 lb Butter
1 c Milk
1/3 oz Lodge Spice (see recipe below)
8 c Water

1. In a large pot, bring water to boil.
2. Add the potatoes and cook until cooked through, about 40 minutes.
3. After potatoes are cooked, remove and strain.
4. Place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
5. Add Butter, Milk, and Lodge Spice to the potatoes. Mix well until smooth
creamy.
6. Adjust milk and seasoning to taste if necessary.
7. Serve hot.

LODGE SPICE
4 oz Kosher Salt
2 oz Granulated Onion
2 oz Celery Salt
1 oz Black Pepper
1 oz White Sugar

1. Combine all ingredients well.
2. Store in airtight container.

Lodge Spice s a great all-purpose seasoning. Use it on meats, fish, poultry, in soups and stews.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =

MAPLE GARLIC SAUCE
Whispering Canyon Café

5 oz soy sauce
10 oz maple syrup
2 oz molasses
3 oz cider vinegar
2 oz brown sugar
½ oz ginger, ground
1 oz ginger, minced, fresh
1 oz water
1 oz rice wine (opt)
1 – 2 oz cornstarch

Combine all ingredients, except cornstarch in sauce pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer 30 min. Form paste with cornstarch & cold water; add until desired thickness is reached, using up to 2 oz cornstarch if needed. Keep refrigerated.

piratesmate - I LOVE how you've organized index. It's great to be able to look either by course (i.e. in case I need inspiration for a dinner entrée) or by restaurant - in case I'm adding new recipes. I found it so helpful tonight when trying to figure out what to transcribe from the 2007 Food and Wine Festival cookbook - especially the alphabetical listing. WOW!!
I've come across several Disney recipe threads but what sets this one apart and ensures that it will have a long life span is the index and the dedicated participants we have here. Thanks for all the work you're doing :worship:

Since there was an earlier request made for the recipes from the 2007 Food and Wine Festival Cookbook, the ones below complete all the recipes for South America.
In the opinion of some of the food bloggers, Argentina had the best all-around samples, so we'll start with that.

The Spicy Beef Empanadas are on page 8. The Dulce de Leche is on page 36. And the 3rd dish was:

Grilled Beef Sirloin with Chimichurri Sauce
Epcot Food and Wine Festival, Argentina
Serves 4

1 pound beef sirloin
Coarse sea salt

For the Chimichurri Sauce
1 large white onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon saffron threads, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

For the Mashed Potatoes
1 pound boiling potatoes, peeled and quartered
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened and cut into small cubes
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

1. Prepare charcoal grill for the beef.
2. To make the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain the potatoes and transfer them to a mixing bowl. Coarsely mash the potatoes with a fork, incorporating the butter, garlic, cream and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and keep warm.
4. For the beef, rub the meat all over with the coarse salt and grill over a charcoal heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until desired doneness. Allow to rest for 10 minutes and then carve into thin slices.
5. If to serve, divide the potatoes and beef among four plates and surf the Chimichurri Sauce on the side.

The 3 dishes for Chile were: Tomatican con Manchego (p. 81) and

Camarón con *Pebre (Sauteed Shrimp with Cilantro Sauce)
Epcot Food and Wine Festival, Chile
Serves 4

For the Pebre Sauce

2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoon sherry vinegar
4 seeded aji chilies or 1 habanero chili
1/2 cup coarsely chopped white onion
1 cup packed cilantro leaves
1/3 cup water
Sea salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste

For the Shrimp
1 pound of raw tiger shrimp, peeled and de-veined
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons chili powder

Pebre Sauce
Purée the garlic and salt with a pestle in a mortar. Whisk in the olive oil and vinegar and set aside. Place chilies, onions, cilantro and water in a blender; pulse until minced, but not puréed, about 10 seconds. Stir in the oil and vinegar mixture. Cover and set aside for 2 hours to develop flavors.

For Shrimp
heat the olive oil and a large sauté pan. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the chili powder and transfer them to the hot oil. Sear the shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until firm and lightly colored. Taste the sauce for seasoning and divide it among four small serving bowls. Divide the shrimp into four portions and place them on top of the Pebre Sauce in each bowl.

*Pebre is the sauce of choice for Chilean steaks. It is a mixture of fresh onions, tomatoes, cilantro, peppers, vinegar, and various spices.

Strawberry and Mango Salad with Cilantro
Epcot Food and Wine Festival, Chile
Serves 6

1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
2 medium mangoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon key lime juice
2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro

Combine the strawberries and mangoes in a large mixing bowl, cover and set aside. To make this year, combine the water, sugar, orange juice and key lime juice in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 - 10 minutes or until slightly reduced. Set aside to cool.
To serve, pour the cooled syrup over the fruit and stir in the cilantro.

Peru had Arroz con Pato (p. 64) and

Alfajores de Lúcuma (Lúcuma Cream with Peruvian Sugar Cookies)
Epcot Food and Wine Festival, Peru
Serves 6

For Lúcuma Cream
1 cup La Lechera Caramel
1 cup lúcuma pulp*
1 cup heavy cream

For the Alfajores Cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup powdered sugar
pinch of salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature

Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the Lechera Caramel, and the lúcuma pulp until smooth. Whip heavy cream to form soft peaks and fold into the lúcuma mixture. Spoon the cream into 6 stemmed wine glasses and set aside in the refrigerator for 2 hours.

For the alfajores cookies, combine the flour, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl and work in the butter with a fork, just until a soft ball forms. Wrap the dough and chill it for 30 minutes. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to approximately 1/8 inch thickness. Cut 2-inch long triangles from the dough and transfer them to greased cookie sheets. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
To serve: insert to cookies on top of each serving of lúcuma cream.
* I saw and tasted lúcuma for the first time when i was in Peru 2 summers ago. It's an extremely popular fruit in Peru and there is no substitute as nothing tastes quite like it. It's a little like maple syrup with a strawberry glaze. I've ordered it here: Amigofoods.com This desert got top marks by all reports.

Causa de Cangrejo (Seasoned Mashed Potatoes with Crab Salad)
Epcot Food and Wine Festival, Peru
Serves 4

For the Potatoes
1 1/2 pounds yellow potatoes or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup Amarillo hot pepper paste
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

For the Crabmeat
1 1/2 cup cooked crabmeat
1/4 cup finely diced red onion
1/4 cup finely diced red pepper
1/4 cup finely diced celery
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons Amarillo hot pepper paste" See salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

1. Drop the potatoes in a large pot of salted boiling water and boil them briskly until they are tender.
2. In the meantime, make a sauce by combining the lemon juice, hot pepper paste, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper together with a whisk.
3. Drain the potatoes and mash them into a smooth purée with a fork. Beat in the sauce, a tablespoon at a time, and taste for seasoning.
4. Spread the mash mix out on a cookie sheet, about 1/2" thick, cover and set aside to cool.
5. For the crabmeat, combine all the ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Chill in refrigerator for two to three hours to allow the flavors to develop.
6. To serve, at the firm potatoes into 2 1/2-inch long diamond shapes and place 2 pieces on each of 4 serving plates. To serve, but divide the crap into four portions and mound on top of the potato diamonds.

Tonight I made the Vegetable Curry (recipe below). I added a cubed chicken breast which needed to be used and left out the cilantro garnish. The coconut curry taste of the broth is good with just the right amount of spiciness. I'd make it again.

Vegetable Curry
Epcot's International Food & Wine Festival, India
Serves 6

2 large potatoes, peeled and diced into 2 inch cubes
2 tablespoons oil
2 red bell peppers seeded and coarsely chopped
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons yellow curry paste
2 cups coconut milk
1 cup water
1 cup cooked garbanzo beans
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
Place potatoes in a small pan of cold water. Bring to the boil. Cook potatoes with salt for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan heat the oil over medium heat and add the peppers and onions. Cook for 10 minutes.
Add the curry paste, coconut milk and water and stir until well combined and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the potatoes and garbanzo and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked. Taste for seasoning.
Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the coriander.
If you like serve accompanied with Basmati rice and chutney.

What great additions today. I didn't have the recipes from disney54us or piratesmate yet so it's very exciting to get new ones!

Here is the CousCouse Salad, Bean Dip That was used on Sat. Nights Middle Eastern Night at the Poly Concierge Lounge some years ago. Recipes supplied by Chef Dick. They were hand written. This is what was used for the CM's to follow, sorry but there are no written instructions. This was used to serve large crowds, so adjust accordingly. I'm sure some of our 'resident chefs' can help with questions.

COUSCOUSE SALAD

1 bag CousCouse
6 cups Water
1 cup Lime Juice
2 cups Garlic Olive Oil
1 cup Diced carrots
1 cup Diced Onions
1/2 cup Diced Celery
3 oz. Chicken Base
1/2 oz. Black Pepper
1/2 oz. Cumin
Bay Shrimp 7#
Roasted Red Peppers 1/2 can
20 oz. Fetta Cheese

I checked a couple other Disney recipes for Couscous salad and have used couscous a fair amount. Here is one method they may have used. Let's see what our resident Chef has to say.

Couscous Salad
Poly Concierge Lounge, on Middle Eastern Night from Chef Dick
Will make at least 24 servings

1 bag (4 cups) Couscous (instant variety)
6 cups Water
3 oz. Chicken Base (it’s usually 1 cup couscous to 1 ¼ - 1½ cups water)

2 cups Garlic Olive Oil
1 cup Diced carrots
1 cup Diced Onions
1/2 cup Diced Celery
1/2 oz. Black Pepper
1/2 oz. Cumin
1 cup Lime Juice
1/2 can Roasted Red Peppers
Bay Shrimp 7#
20 oz. Feta Cheese

1. Heat water and chicken base until boiling.
2. Pour liquid over couscous, stir ingredients together, cover (with a towel) and set aside until couscous blooms. (Approximately 10 minutes.) Fluff couscous with fork before adding the remaining ingrediants.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, sauté vegetables in some of the olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and cumin. Add the roasted red peppers and lime juice.
4. In a large bowl, toss the couscous with the remaining olive oil and the vegetable mixture. Gently fold in the feta cheese and Bay Shrimp. Check seasoning and adjust if needed.

Thanks, for the instructions on the CousCouse:thumbsup2. I guess that's one of many that fits the Disney recipes that are a little confusing.
Great new recipes posted:thumbsup2, glad to see we are rolling along.

I'm glad you're enjoying the index. It's pretty easy to run it several ways because I have it stored in Excel. ;) I'm a compulsive computer geek. Could you tell? :lmao: :lmao:

These are the rest of my Wilderness Lodge recipes. Sources are noted when I have them written down.

ROASTED RED POTATOES
Artist Point, Wilderness Lodge

1/3 c olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 sprig fresh rosemary
8 to 10 small, firm red potatoes
Kosher salt
Pepper
Add the garlic and the leaves from the rosemary sprig to the olive oil. Rub the potatoes with the olive oil mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Put the potatoes in an uncovered roasting pan. Bake in a 400 degrees oven for 35 minutes, or until soft and slightly browned. Serve with your choice of steamed or sautéed seasonal vegetables.

= = = = = = = = = = =

APPLE BUTTER
from Wilderness Lodge

½ Red Delicious apple
½ Granny Smith apple
2 c softened unsalted butter
1/8 c applejack brandy
¼ c apple juice
1/8 tsp salt
1/16 tsp pepper
In food processor, purée whole cored apples (skin on). Add all remaining ingredients and blend until liquid is incorporated and entire batch is smooth.

= = = = = = = = = = =

Maple Chicken Wing Sauce
Territory Lounge, Wilderness Lodge
<source> TomorrowlandVacations.com
Yield: about 8 servings of wings

3 c maple syrup
1 c Frank's Red Hot Sauce

Season chicken wings first with salt, black pepper and celery salt. Cook the wings, then toss them in the wing sauce.

= = = = = = = = = = =

Chocolate Silk Bread Pudding
Artist Point at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
< Source> LuxuryDisneyGuide.com
Servings: 4

Bread Pudding
1 Qt Heavy Cream
3 Whole Eggs
¾ c Granulated Sugar
1/3 c Amaretto
16 oz Sourdough Bread (day old preferred)
4 oz Chocolate Ganache (refer to sub recipe)
1 2/3 c White Chocolate Shavings
¼ c Cocoa Powder

Chocolate Ganache
2½ oz Bittersweet Chocolate
¼ c Heavy Cream

Chocolate Silk Bread Pudding Topping
2 7/8 oz Almond Slices
3 5/8 oz Amaretto
2½ oz Brown Sugar
¾ lb Butter
1½ oz Water

Make the Chocolate Ganache:
Shave the chocolate and place into a bowl and set aside. Heat the cream to scalding, remove from heat and pour over chocolate and stir with a spoon until chocolate is completely melted. [Note: If the chocolate is not completely melted, place the bowl over a warm water bath and stir until chocolate melts. Keep stirring after taking bowl out of water bath to cool.] Set the chocolate ganache aside, along with the cocoa powder and white chocolate shavings.

Prepare the Bread Pudding:
In a 2 quart mixing bowl, combine sugar, eggs, heavy cream and amaretto together and mix well. Tear the sourdough bread into small pieces and then add the bread to the liquid and mix until the liquid is absorbed. Fold in the white chocolate. Divide the bread mixture into two equal parts. To one part, fold in
the ganache and cocoa powder.

Assemble the Bread Pudding:
Line a 10" cake pan with parchment paper.

To make the first layer:
Fill a 1 cup measuring cup half full with the white chocolate mixture - put directly in the center of the pan.
Fill the measuring cup half full with the white chocolate mixture - put it at the 12 o'clock position, another half cup at 3 o'clock, again at 6 o'clock and also at 9 o'clock. Fill the measuring cup half full with the dark chocolate mixture continue to put half cups in between the white chocolate sections. Gently pat the mixture to fill in the gaps.

To Make the Second Layer:
Follow the above procedure, but put the dark chocolate over the white chocolate. Tap the pan on the counter to evenly distribute the bread pudding in the pan. Place the cake pan in a water bath - do not let water go on top of the bread pudding, and do not let water evaporate completely while in the process of baking. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until bread feels firm. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into desired portions and serve warm with the topping.

Prepare the Almond Topping while the Bread Pudding is Baking:
Sauté the almonds in butter. Combine all ingredients. Drizzle over the bread pudding. Serve and enjoy!
Yield: One 10" cake.

= = = = = = = = = = =

HERB PESTO
Artist Point, Wilderness Lodge Chef Anette Grecchi

1 c fresh basil, washed & chopped coarse
2 Tbl fresh sage, washed & chopped coarse
1 Tbl fresh oregano, washed & chopped coarse
½ c baby spinach, washed & chopped coarse
¼ c pine nuts
8 garlic cloves
½ c Asiago cheese, grated
½ c extra virgin olive oil
Kosher salt to taste
Fresh ground black pepper to taste

In a food processor or a blender, chop all of the herbs and the spinach together. Next, add the pine nuts and the garlic cloves and chop together. Then, add the grated Asiago cheese and slowly pour olive oil into the mixture to emulsify. Season to taste with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. This recipe makes approximately 2 cups. Serve with bread, crackers or over pasta.

= = = = = = = = = = =

Whispering Canyon Berry Cobbler
Wilderness Lodge
Yield: one 6 oz skillet

Biscuit for cobbler
1½ c Shortening - all purpose
1 Tbl salt
2½ Tbl sugar
5 Tbl baking powder
7½ c flour - all purpose
2½ c buttermilk

1) Add shortening, salt, sugar, baking powder, and flour.
2) Mix until crumbly, small pea size pieces.
3) Add buttermilk and mix very little, only to bring together into a dough.
4) Roll out on flour dusted table 1/2" thick, place on greased backing sheet.
5) Bake at 400* until light brown on top approximately 18 minutes.
6) When cool, crumple up 2 oz of baked biscuit and place in 6" skillet.

Cobbler Berry filling:
1½ c water, cold
¾ c sugar
2¼ Tblcornstarch
4 oz apples, sliced fresh or frozen
4 oz red raspberries, frozen
4 oz blueberries, frozen
2 oz cranberries, frozen

1) Put all fruit except blueberries in pot.
2) Place on stove on high heat.
3) Dissolve starch in water and add to fruit and stir.
4) When mixture starts to thicken, add blueberries, stir.
5) Cook until thick and clear, stirring often.
6) When cool scoop 8oz of filling over crumpled biscuit in skillet.

Streusel topping:
¾ c butter
¼ c sugar, granulated
¼ c sugar, brown
3¼ c flour - all purpose
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp cinnamon

1) Put all into mixing bowl, use dough hook or paddle and mix until crumbs.
2) Do not over mix, or it will turn into dough.

Cobbler construction:
1) Sprinkle ½ oz streusel over biscuit crumbs in 6" skillet.
2) Place berry filling over biscuit with streusel and sprinkle 2½ oz of streusel topping over fruit.
3) Bake cobbler in 400* oven for 15 - 20 minutes, or until streusel topping is light brown.
4) Serve with Loganberry ice cream.

Looking for the key lime dressing from Coral Reef? Anyone?!

I had an awesome side dish at Coral Reef and would love the recipe. It was a blue cheese potato au gratin dish. It was incredible. Anyone???

Some old requests, in case those folks are still around:

Key Lime Vinaigrette - House Dressing at Coral Reef
Coral Reef, Epcot
Serves 8

*¼ cup key lime vinegar
½ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons of chopped basil
2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
2 tablespoons of chopped chives
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Dash of Tabasco sauce

1. Combine all ingredients and blend well. You can adjust the spices to your taste.
2. Store in a airtight container.

* Can be purchased online: Gourmet Vinegars

These are the only Gratin Potatoes that have been on the menu, since at least Nov. 2007 - Grilled New York Strip Steak - Served with Potatoes Au Gratin and Beef Demi-glace. There is no mention of Blue Cheese but it would be easy to add the amount you want (about 1/2 - 3/4 cup) in step 3.

Gratin Potatoes
Coral Reef, Epcot
Serves 4-8

4 potatoes, sliced
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon thyme
1 teaspoon butter
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste

1. Mix cream with salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Slice potatoes thinly and place directly in cream as you cut.
3. Toss with onions, mix well.
4. Arrange neatly in buttered small baking dish and pour remaining cream over the potatoes.
5. Cover with parchment paper and foil.
6. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until tender.
7. Remove paper and foil, press down with another pan on top until cream starts to rise.

Regarding the Whispering Canyon recipes: I made the Herb Pesto and put it into cute glass jars with a label showing Mickey cooking; then gave it as gifts. It's very good and was popular with everyone. I made the Berry Cobbler last summer and here are my notes:
I made this July ’07 and had to use 2 cake pans (1 – 9” and another 12”) because I didn't have 6” pans. I doubled the amount of berries because they looked very sparse in the cake pan. If one makes this in 4 pans then ½ cup berries per dessert might work but I think more is better because there’s a fair amount of dough. My pans baked far longer than 15” (more like 45 – 55") and the edges were done well before the middle. The dessert tastes delicious. 4 portions would be a LOT per person.

I'm glad you're enjoying the index. It's pretty easy to run it several ways because I have it stored in Excel. ;) I'm a compulsive computer geek. Could you tell? :lmao: :lmao:

Just also wanted to give a big thanks for what a great job you've done with the index updating etc. That and to boot you have recipes:woohoo:
Your above post, all I can say:worship: I wish I could figure out a 1/3 of it and I would feel like I was doing well.
Hi, tatania see your logged on while I'm posting this.

Any imput on the Key lime dressing?? Never had it and trying to get a feel for it's taste.

I never even heard of key lime vinegar before today and doubt it's something that would be carried here in the Pacific Northwest. I don't remember ever trying this dressing but then, it's been a while since I ate at Coral Reef. I'll definitely buy the vinegar however, the next time I see it. I'm headed to the Carolinas in August (with my sister and the kids) so perhaps they'd have it there.

Mediterranean Seafood Stew
It's a Small World Dinner, DCL (from Cooking With Mickey and the Disney Chefs, 2004)
Yield: 8 servings

1 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 sprig thyme, chopped
1 sprig tarragon, chopped
2 teaspoons turmeric
4 cups parboiled, long-grain rice, washed and ready to use
1 can (28 ounces) Italian plum tomatoes, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
6 cups water, divided
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup squid rings
16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup lobster meat, chopped
16 scallops
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 large onion, diced
1 pound chorizo sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces on an angle
16 mussels, scrubbed clean
1 pinch saffron
1 cup green peas, cooked
4 cups tomato sauce, warmed
Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Sauté the chopped onion in butter in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan until translucent. Add the garlic, thyme, tarragon, and turmeric.
3. Add the rice and mix until all the onion and herbs are combined. Add the plum tomatoes and salt. Gradually add approximately half the water. As the rice cooks, keep adding water until all has been used. Stir occasionally to prevent the rice from sticking to the base of the pan.
4. Meanwhile, in a separate pan, sauté separately in olive oil the squid, shrimp, lobster meat, and scallops. When all of the meat is cooked, set aside in a bowl. In the same pan, sauté the diced red, yellow, and green peppers and onion until tender; set aside in a bowl. Sauté the chorizo until cooked; set aside.
5. When the rice is nearly cooked, add the saffron and mix until all is combined and the rice begins to turn more yellow. Add the mussels. When the mussels open, add the lobster meat, the scallops, the squid, the sautéed vegetables, the peas, and half of the shrimp and chorizo.
6. To serve, mound the rice mixture onto a large serving platter. Ladle the warmed tomato sauce around the rice and garnish the top with the remaining shrimp and chorizo. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
A crisp Italian Pinot Grigio goes well with this.

Cooks Note: Guests at the "It's a Small World" always ask for this recipe. Don't let the long list of ingredients deter you. It takes a while to make, but the end result is a winner.

I never even heard of key lime vinegar before today and doubt it's something that would be carried here in the Pacific Northwest. I don't remember ever trying this dressing but then, it's been a while since I ate at Coral Reef. I'll definitely buy the vinegar however, the next time I see it. I'm headed to the Carolinas in August (with my sister and the kids) so perhaps they'd have it there.

Mediterranean Seafood Stew
It's a Small World Dinner, DCL (from Cooking With Mickey and the Disney Chefs, 2004) <snip>

That recipe sounds so yummy! Wow! I think that's going to go on my list of things to try. :thumbsup2

I just Googled Key Lime Vinegar & wasn't surprised to see it come up in Amazon. However, I was shocked at what it would cost to get it! A 6.5 oz bottle would cost almost $9 and then another $7 for shipping!! It's too bad, because they have some other, awesome sounding vinegars...
cranberry
D'anjoy pear
Tequila lime
blueberry*
passion fruit balsamic*
*These two cost almost $10

ETA: I just checked another site (PoshGourmet) and their list sounds even better...like Blood Orange Vinegar!! The vinegar cost is slightly less, but shipping is comparable.

There's a specialty spice shop in the next town over where I get all my spices...super fresh! I've been after her for years to get online, but so far she only has a web site with a list of spices, teas & coffees...no prices & not all I can't imagine people actually contact her to order things with that setup. :confused3 Oh wait...there was a point to this. :blush: She has several flavored vinegars, including the strawberry needed for the version of LTT's Strawberry Vinaigrette that they sent to me. I'll have to check there for the key lime - I need to re-stock my spices anyway.

And thanks IggyLans for posting the alternate recipe! I'm able to adjust amounts easily enough, but sometimes the ingredients needed cause a problem. ;) The second version on page 8 is much more do-able in that respect. :thumbsup2

I love this thread! I found it while googling the Spicy Italian Sausage from Mama Melrose, still looking for that recipe but I should have checked the Dis first...when will I ever learn?:rotfl2:

I love this thread! I found it while googling the Spicy Italian Sausage from Mama Melrose, still looking for that recipe but I should have checked the Dis first...when will I ever learn?:rotfl2:

I just added this to the Request List at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1777635 (post #4)

It must be time for lunch. While checking to make sure I have the title exactly right, I read the description. Now I need something to eat! :rotfl2: Yummy! "Spicy Italian Sausage - Served with Rigatoni pasta, peppers, onions, and a tomato basil sauce topped with Caprino cheese."

You can also try writing to WDW directly to request the recipe: wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Tatania posted one day to say she has these from Mama Melrose if anyone is interested:
Chicken and Chianti Risotto
Mama's Fruit Salad
Penne Bolognese
Tomato, Onion and Herb Salad

I also have these - again if anyone is interested:
4 Cheese Flatbread
Brick-Oven Baked Caprino
Caesar Dressing
Charred Sirloin with Asparagus & Red Pepper and Gorgonzola Polenta
Italian Bread Soup
Oak-Grilled Italian Sausage***
Oven-Baked Chicken Parmesan
Penne Alla Vodka
Roasted Vegetable Pizza
Shrimp Carbonara
Sun-Dried Tomato & Roasted Garlic Spread
Veal Osso Buco with Saffron Risotto
Wood-Fired Gilled Chicken with Four Cheese Sauce

***ETA: I just looked at this recipe. The name doesn't match what's on the menu now, but the ingredients look right. This may be what you're looking for:

Oak Grilled Italian Sausage
Mama Melrose, Disney-MGM Studios
Yield: 2 portions

2 each 6 oz sausages; half hot, half mild
2½ c Regatini Romanio pasta
2 c Tomato Basil Sauce (recipe below)
2 Tbl Caprino cheese, sliced
2 Tbl olive oil
1 Tbl garlic
½ c Chianti wine (Tizano)
1/8 c fresh basil, chiffonade
3 oz roasted peppers
3 oz roasted onion

Grill sausages in advance. Cool, slice and reserve for service. Cook and cool pasta. Sauté garlic in olive oil. Add the peppers, onions and sausage. Deglaze with the Chianti. Add the pasta and the tomato sauce, cook until hot. Place in bowl and top with the Caprino cheese and basil.

Tomato Basil Sauce

½ lb Onions, Diced
2 3/8 oz Garlic, Minced
2 7/8 lb Tomato, Crushed
1 7/8 lb Tomato, Diced
3 Tbl Olive Oil
4 oz Tomato Juice
1 1/3 Basil, Chopped Frozen
¼ oz Oregano, Dry
¼ oz Kosher Salt
1¼ oz Sugar
¼ oz Black Pepper, Ground
2½ oz Tomato Paste

Roast garlic in olive oil, stirring until garlic has nutty roasted aroma. Add onions, and sauté until onions become transparent. Add all other ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat for at least 1.5 hours, stirring regularly so you don't scorch the sauce. Serve or chill immediately.

<source> LuxuryDisneyGuide ***I just checked their website & the basil for the sauce is missing the measurements also - so I didn't just copy it down wrong. And the Penne Alla Vodka has the same sauce recipe - also without the measurement. :confused3

Wow - thanks!! That sounds good. I'm not sure if that's it since it's DH's favorite and I've never had it but I might have to try it. I'll also email WDW. I think I'll have to 1/2 the recipe though - that's a LOT of tomatos!

ok wait - I just reread and it says "serves 2"...so I think I'm confused...do I need 2 and 7/8 # of crushed tomato and 1 and 7/8# diced?:confused3 Sorry!!

Wow - thanks!! That sounds good. I'm not sure if that's it since it's DH's favorite and I've never had it but I might have to try it. I'll also email WDW. I think I'll have to 1/2 the recipe though - that's a LOT of tomatos!

ok wait - I just reread and it says "serves 2"...so I think I'm confused...do I need 2 and 7/8 # of crushed tomato and 1 and 7/8# diced?:confused3 Sorry!!

Looks like you will need both. One for the body of the sauce and one for the piece that give it texture. Its really not that much as some tomatoes on their own can weigh a pound or more.

Sorry - I wasn't paying attention to my email notifications. :blush:

First, greeneyes is right: You'll need both types for texture & some tomatoes weigh very heavy.

But my other thought is that the sauce recipe probably makes more than is needed for 2 servings of this recipe. The recipe is exactly the same for the Penne Alla Vodka, but that one doesn't say how many servings it is. My first thought wasn't the amount of tomato, but the amount of onion. LOL But I'm allergic, so a half pound sounds like a LOT to me. ;)

I'm looking to see if I can find out more info on the sauce recipe. The Oak-Grilled Italian Sausage recipe appears to be only on the site I got it from, but the other one is on other sites.

And thanks IggyLans for posting the alternate recipe! I'm able to adjust amounts easily enough, but sometimes the ingredients needed cause a problem. The second version on page 8 is much more do-able in that respect.

What did I miss here? Alternate recipe for what? :confused3 :confused3

I wish I could try all those cool sounding vinegars at the Posh Gourmet. is the strawberry vinaigrette really good? Maybe I'll look around for that today.

Regarding Mama Melrose recipes: it sounds like you have two that I don't think I have - so would like the Roasted Vegetable Pizza (sounds perfect now that I'm back on WW) and the Veal Osso Buco with Saffron Risotto. I don't eat veal because of how the calves are treated but may as well have the recipe for archival purposes.

I wish I could try all those cool sounding vinegars at the Posh Gourmet. is the strawberry vinaigrette really good? Maybe I'll look around for that today.

Regarding Mama Melrose recipes: it sounds like you have two that I don't think I have - so would like the Roasted Vegetable Pizza (sounds perfect now that I'm back on WW) and the Veal Osso Buco with Saffron Risotto. I don't eat veal because of how the calves are treated but may as well have the recipe for archival purposes.

Could you substitute chicken for the veal?

:rotfl2: :rolleyes1 Sorry about that. I don't know why you couldn't follow my convoluted ramblings. :rolleyes: I was talking about the Strawberry Vinaigrette recipes. The recipe on page 7 is the one I have - it calls for Strawberry vinegar & strawberry melba. The recipe on page 8 says you can substitute red wine vinegar & uses frozen strawberries, but no melba.

I haven't tried it yet since I just found this thread a couple weeks ago, but plan to soon. I like raspberry vinaigrette & strawberries, so I figured I'll probably like this too. Plus, I can substitute Splenda for the sugar & greatly reduce the oil. Purchased low-fat dressings don't work for me as they're so high in sugar...gotta have something to make it thick I guess. :confused3

We don't eat veal either, but I'm sure you could substitute chicken for the veal. I mean there are recipes for both chicken & veal parmigiana as well as chicken or veal picatta, right? So why not? ;)

Roasted Vegetable Pizza
from Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano - MGM

1 Pizza Crust/Flatbread
1 Tbl Basil pesto
1/8 c Sliced onions
1 Tbl Red Pepper (roasted)
1Tbl Green Pepper (roasted)
1/8 c Portabello Mushroom (roasted)
1 Tomato (sliced)
½ c Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
to taste Salt/Pepper
as needed flour

Stretch pizza crust to desired thickness, and randomly puncture with tip of knife to prevent crust from bubbling. Spread pesto evenly over crust leaving ¼" border. Top pesto with sliced tomatoes, then shredded cheese, season with salt and pepper. Top cheese with roasted vegetables. Place in 400 degree oven for 6-8 minutes or until crust is at desired crispness.
Note: Pita/flatbread/tortilla, or any flatbread may be substituted for pizza crust as an alternative option

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Veal Osso Buco
Mama Melrose, Disney-MGM Studios

2 Tbl olive oil
3 1/8 lb veal shank
2 oz seasoned flour
5 1/3 oz celery, small diced
5 1/3 oz carrot, small diced
5 1/3 oz onion, small diced
1 Tbl garlic, minced
13 oz crushed tomatoes
1¼ c white wine
To taste Kosher salt
To taste Ground Black Pepper
Dry the veal shank and dredge in seasoned flour. Sear in olive oil. Reserve. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic and sauté until caramelized. Return the veal shank to the vegetables, add remaining ingredients and braise until tender. Serve with Saffron Risotto.

Saffron Risotto
2 c chicken stock
2½ tsp whole butter
5 oz sweet onion, small dice
3.4 c Arborio rice***
2 2/3 oz white wine
1/8 pinch saffron
2 tsp grated Pecorino Romano cheese
¼ tsp Kosher salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp Asiago cheese, shredded

Bloom saffron in white wine, reserve until needed. Bring chicken stock to a simmer, have ready. Sauté onions in butter until translucent. Add Arborio rice and sauté in butter until well coated, about 3-5 minutes. Add the white wine and saffron. Stir until all liquid is absorbed. Add the chicken stock in stages until 90 percent is absorbed. Add the Pecorino cheese, black pepper and salt as needed. Finish with Asiago cheese.

[NOTE: The amount of Arborio rice was copied, not re-typed from the original source. I'm guessing that it means ¾ cup and not "three point four" cups as there wouldn't be enough liquid to cook the rice otherwise.

We don't eat veal either, but I'm sure you could substitute chicken for the veal. I mean there are recipes for both chicken & veal parmigiana as well as chicken or veal picatta, right? So why not? ;)

...actually, you will probably be disappointed with the results if you use chicken for the Osso Buco. The slow braise that is used in the cooking process is meant for making tougher cuts more tender (the veal shank is a relatively tough cut of veal). If you were to use chicken breast it would probably get rubbery and tough.......the bones of a chicken would not hold up to the process either, they would turn to mush. If you have ever simmered chicken with bones for stocks or soups, I am sure you have seen what happens to chicken bones after long periods of being cooked in liquid........yuck for eating, but great for the resulting stock/broth. I would suggest using good cross cuts of beef or lamb shank with bone (bones add flavor) for the Osso Buco.

:thumbsup2

Two Black-Eye Pea recipes from Boma/AKL. Received via email.

BLACK EYE PEA SALAD
Boma – Flavors of Africa
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge

Ingredients
  • 1 pound Black Eye Peas, soaked overnight and cook
  • 1 pound Corn Kernels, roasted
  • 2 each Tomatoes, sliced
  • 1 large Onion, diced
  • 1 cup Scallions, diced
  • 1 cup Spinach
  • 1 T. Basil, rough chop
Dressing
  • ½ cup Lime Juice (add water if concentrate)
  • ¼ cup Sugar
  • ¼ cup Rice Vinegar
  • 1 ½ cups Safflower Oil
  • 1 t. Red Crushed Pepper
  • 1 t. Ground Cardamom, toasted
  • 1 t. Granulated Sugar
  • ½ each Lime, zest
Method of Preparation
1. Make the dressing and set aside.
2. Cook black eye peas. Let cool.
3. Mix all the ingredients together and let marinate for at least 15 minutes.

BLACK EYE PEAS WITH GINGER SOY JUICE
Boma – Flavors of Africa

Ingredients
  • 1/8 pound Black Eye Peas (raw, soak overnight)
  • 1/16 cup Safflower Oil/Vegetable Oil
  • 1/8 pound White Onions, diced small
  • 1/8 quart Ginger Soy Juice
  • 1/16 pound Spinach, julienned
Method of Preparation
1. Cook the black eye peas with water, salt and pepper. Drain and let cool.
2. Heat oil in sauté pan. Add onion and black eye peas, stirring constantly.
3. Add ginger soy juice and continue stirring. Add spinach just before serving.

GINGER SOY JUICE
Boma – Flavors of Africa

Yield: 3 cups

Ingredients
  • 1 cup Soy Sauce
  • 1 cup Granulated Sugar
  • 1 ½ cups Water
  • 6 tablespoons Fresh Ginger, finely chopped
Method of Preparation
1. In a stainless pot, heat all the ingredients until it boils. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Strain the juice through a China cap. Let cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter