<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

I know that recipes from establishments on WDW properties (Swan, Dolphin, Downtown Disney) have been acceptable since the thread was started. I didn't think the copycats or clones were being done because they aren't Disney recipes. Maybe some of the others will chime in with thier thoughts. I personally don't like the clones and wouldn't want them to end up in my files. That's just me though. Others might have another opinion. :flower3:

...I think since the person who created the thread posted the "copycat" recipe, it is fine. lynninpa was only offering this recipe since the recipe is not available. There is no official recipe for Dole Whips because as one PP stated, it is a mix purchased and put into soft serve machines. I think the recipe posted is fine and in the nature intended by the creator of the thread (for heaven's sake, she posted it). If you do not want it in your files, don't add them........problem solved.

If people start posting non-Disney related recipes, issue could be taken. The fact is as long as the recipe is Disney related it will be fine. Technically, the recipes from many on-site restaurants are not Disney at all, but they are Disney related which makes them ok........I know we want to keep this as a Disney recipe thread, but we do not need to get too picky or too snotty just because the recipe may not fit our definition of a "Disney recipe". I would say if it is Disney related it is ok to post........if it is not Disney related, post it on another thread. JMNSHO!

:thumbsup2

I would prefer to avoid clones as well...

When there are multiple versions of many of these recipes floating around, who is to decide which one's are the real vs. the clone??? Often, the recipe is passed along from person to person and changes are made without being noted. Often, restaurants give out different recipes for the same dish (how this happens I will never know) and then we have multiple clones of the original, which one should be posted??? See the problems we could run into if we get too picky about what is posted.

What gets me is when people post their version of a recipe although it is already listed in the index because they are sure their version is the real one........read the index people and if it is listed discuss the differences, but don't re-list the recipe because this could be a headache for Deb (piratesmate) as she updates the index. Help a mod out!!!

When there are multiple versions of many of these recipes floating around, who is to decide which one's are the real vs. the clone??? Often, the recipe is passed along from person to person and changes are made without being noted. Often, restaurants give out different recipes for the same dish (how this happens I will never know) and then we have multiple clones of the original, which one should be posted??? See the problems we could run into if we get too picky about what is posted.

What gets me is when people post their version of a recipe although it is already listed in the index because they are sure their version is the real one........read the index people and if it is listed discuss the differences, but don't re-list the recipe because this could be a headache for Deb (piratesmate) as she updates the index. Help a mod out!!!

That's a good comment. If I see a different version for a recipe in a Disney cookbook, I often post what the differences are because the version from the Chef (professional kitchen) and cookbook (home kitchen) are bound to be slightly different. One hopes the cookbooks have been subject to more rigorous editing - though sometimes I wonder!

For me, Disney recipe collections are akin to Disney pin collections, Disney china collections, etc. and the criterion for my collection is that is has to be original (or as original as possible) and has to have been served at least once on any Disney property or Cruise Line. So that includes the Catering recipes, Food and Wine Festival, all "official" restaurants on Disney property (including Downtown Disney, California Adventure, Swan and Dolphin, Worldwide Disneylands and DVCs).

The Dole Whip recipe is a grey area as our resident Chef stated so I'm not fussed about it but generally I'd prefer recipes that come from an authentic source and have the Kopycats on another thread.

I appreciate all the work you're doing on the index Piratesmate, because I know how very tedious it is - especially if you're going to format it by hand. I like the idea of 2 sortings because I can find either the course I'm looking for or the restaurant. :goodvibes

...I think since the person who created the thread posted the "copycat" recipe, it is fine. lynninpa was only offering this recipe since the recipe is not available. There is no official recipe for Dole Whips because as one PP stated, it is a mix purchased and put into soft serve machines. I think the recipe posted is fine and in the nature intended by the creator of the thread (for heaven's sake, she posted it). If you do not want it in your files, don't add them........problem solved.

If people start posting non-Disney related recipes, issue could be taken. The fact is as long as the recipe is Disney related it will be fine. Technically, the recipes from many on-site restaurants are not Disney at all, but they are Disney related which makes them ok........I know we want to keep this as a Disney recipe thread, but we do not need to get too picky or too snotty just because the recipe may not fit our definition of a "Disney recipe". I would say if it is Disney related it is ok to post........if it is not Disney related, post it on another thread. JMNSHO!

Your right, 1 clone recipe isn't an issue then there's the second and the third that have been posted in the past couple of days. I simply didn't want the ideas of the original creator of this thread compromised by a bunch of copycat recipes that aren't the real thing. No need for snotty attitudes, it's really not that important in the grand scheme of things. I was trying to look out for Lynnpa...............SJGAFYS

:thumbsup2[/QUOT

Wouldn't all of the variations of a WDW recipe that WDW sends out to people *still* be WDW authentic WDW recipes? :rotfl:

I don't think it's fair to assume that if a person posted a recipe already posted previously did it out of some kind of "mine is better than yours" attitude. It was likely an oversight.

:hippie:

Your right, 1 clone recipe isn't an issue then there's the second and the third that have been posted in the past couple of days. I simply didn't want the ideas of the original creator of this thread compromised by a bunch of copycat recipes that aren't the real thing. No need for snotty attitudes, it's really not that important in the grand scheme of things. I was trying to look out for Lynnpa...............SJGAFYS

Like I said, lynninpa is the person who posted the first "copycat" recipe, so I am positive her vision has not been compromised........I looked over the last 2 weeks worth of posts and the only "copycat" recipes (two in total) are for items which are commercially produced and the recipes are not available in any public forum (much like Dole Whips). I don't speak for lynninpa, but her words/posts seem to imply these types of recipes are fine.

SJGAFYS????? What???? Not following the initials on that one. :confused3

Wouldn't all of the variations of a WDW recipe that WDW sends out to people *still* be WDW authentic WDW recipes? :rotfl:

Well, not really........what if the waiter copied it down wrong, maybe the chef on duty fails to include an ingredient, or maybe extra ingredients are listed.......at that point it is a clone. A prime example of this would be the discussion we had a while back about French Onion Soup; after much discussion it was resolved when Tatania (I think it was her) got an updated recipe which included a missing ingredient. Without this ingredient it was just onion water, not soup........it was a mere clone of what it was supposed to be. Not everything issued by Disney is accurate. This has been seen in the poor editing in their cookbooks which many posters have pointed out in this thread.

I don't think it's fair to assume that if a person posted a recipe already posted previously did it out of some kind of "mine is better than yours" attitude. It was likely an oversight.

:hippie:

Yes, you are correct........just me being too cynical. Sorry!!! :hug:

For me a clone or copykat recipe is one that a person tries to recreate because they do not have the original, ie the dole whip recipe and the pretzel bread recipe.

If a recipe is transcribe incorrectly and an ingredient is left out as was the case of the corn bread and onion soup then that is an error and just needs to be corrected. Have the person edit their post and make a notation. I wouldn't call that a clone, but that my 2 cents (and thats probably all its worth :laughing: ).

OK ladies, I'm going to ask that we table this discussion before it gets ugly.

Let's just leave it that substitute recipes should only be posted in this thread if the original is unavailable and should be clearly marked so that those who wish to avoid them can easily do so.

Let's just leave it that substitute recipes should only be posted in this thread if the original is unavailable and should be clearly marked so that those who wish to avoid them can easily do so.

Sounds good to me! :thumbsup2

Ok, who you callin' lady...........this morning when I got up and took a shower I was a dude........I make a few posts to an internet forum and *POOF* I'm a lady. :rotfl2:

I can't really comment on the ugly part......because I am. :lmao:

Ok, who you callin' lady...........this morning when I got up and took a shower I was a dude........I make a few posts to an internet forum and *POOF* I'm a lady. :rotfl2:

I can't really comment on the ugly part......because I am. :lmao:

Oh shoot! Did I actually TYPE that?!?!? :scared1: :rotfl: I didn't mean to. I knew there were posters of the masculine persuasion who posted on this thread.

Besides, I'm not old enough to stereotype people who cook at home as "ladies"...just because DH wouldn't be caught dead making anything other than coffee or baked potatoes. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Okay Ladies & Gentleman!! Just caught up and have to say:scared1:. I am on a regular thread that was moved from the welcome board to the CB, so I know it can be scary being moved and if things will change. I am here to say NO, they don't. Goffymamma, I realize you were thrilled with this thread when you found it, but if it was 'okay' with the op to give a recipe that is not made, the same with the pretzels which has been brought up several times in this thread. IMHO, then there is nothing wrong with offering the closest sub.
I think we need to be aware of checking the index so we don't duplicate and if we have a full menu of recipes that has been around for a while, we could post we have these available if anyone is interested. Unless it is on the requested list, if it is from a cookbook that the masses had available ten years ago, we may want to consider posting and using up the '250' pages for threads.
Finally, piratesmate welcome aboard!!!
WE have a mod who not only is in†erested and can share a few of her own, so wouldn't it be nice tha† she is on our thread to share:goodvibes,

I would love to have the recipe for:
checkmark.gif
The Lemon Citron Slush at the booth in France
checkmark.gif
The Almond Cheesecake from Narcosee's and
checkmark.gif
The scallop potatos from Narcosee's ( the ones they serve with the surf and turf)

Does anyone have the recipe for Narcoossee's scalloped potatoes. I have not been able to find them here.

With thanks to the wonderful Chef at Narcoossee's who is inundated with requests.

Scalloped Potatoes
Yields: 12 servings

2-2/3 lbs Idaho potatoes, peeled and chopped
¾ qt Heavy cream
1/3 lb Asiago cheese, grated
1-1/2 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
1-1/16 oz Shallots, diced
½ oz Garlic, minced
7/8 oz Roasted garlic, pureed

1) Mix shallots, garlic and parmesan cheese with heavy cream.
2) Add peeled and sliced potatoes to cream mixture.
3) Pour mixture into greased cake pan and cover with parchment paper and top with aluminum foil.
4) Bake for 45 minutes at 400 degrees F.
5) Uncover and top with Asiago cheese and brown the top until cheese is melted.

<snip>Then I have a few recipes from Chef Dick at the Poly Concierge Tonga Building that he would serve during the 5-7 pm time frame.
2 are when they would have middle eastern night on Sat. These are from quite a few years back I would say more then 5 years ago.

cous cous salad
bean dip
both served w/pita bread
<snip>

I'm always interested in a new pork loin recipe as it's an easy dinner to make. I have the recipe for the Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin from Sonya's at Disney's Vero Beach Resort but not Hilton Head (where we're going in August for a week). <snip>

I don't see these recipes in the index yet. Would you both please be so kind as to post them? Yum! :teeth:

I noticed a request for the flan from the Crystal Palace, but there is a Mango Flan from there listed on page 121. Are these one and the same or are we still looking for the coconut flan?

I don't have the Coconut Flan recipes :sad2: but maybe the person who requested it (or another member) could take a minute to email WDW and ask for it. :confused3 I think I have my quota of requests in right now, if I'm not careful WDW is going to block my email addy LOL
:lmao:

Typhoon Tilly's, Typhoon Lagoon

BBQ
48 ounces of BBQ sauce
5 lbs of pulled pork (cooked & shredded)
12 ounces of coke

NO DIRECTIONS, I imagine I'd make it the same as I do my own. Mix, Simmer
and serve.

Leaning Palms,
Typhoon Lagoon

3 ounces tunas salad
2 ounces gourmet salad mix
4 ounces chopped romaine
.5 ounces of black olives
.125 ounces shredded carrots
.5 ounces Greek pepper
.5 ounces red roasted pepper
.5 ounces feta cheese
2 ounces vinaigrette olive dressing

NO ASSEMBLEY INSTRUCTIONS WERE INCLUDED.

I noticed a request for the flan from the Crystal Palace, but there is a Mango Flan from there listed on page 121. Are these one and the same or are we still looking for the coconut flan?

I'm guessing there are actually 2 separate recipes. The Mango Flan on page 121 doesn't contain any coconut - unless I'm still asleep & can't see it. :rotfl: The DIS site, wdwinfo, shows Coconut Flan on the menu. Another site shows Mango Flan on the menu. That site shows the date for the menu as Feb '08, but I didn't see a date on WDWinfo. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter