<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Artist Point: Homemade Sweet Pickles

1/2 cup non-iodized salt
Ice water to cover, about 2 quarts
3 pounds sliced Kirby cucumbers
1 pound sliced white onion
3 cups apple cider vinegar
4 cups granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. mustard seeds
1 tsp. turmeric
2 cups water

First, make a brine by combining salt and ice water. Then, chill the cucumbers & onions in the brine for 1 hour. In a large pot, heat the vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds, turmeric and water just until boiling. Add the cucumbers & onions. Cook about 5 minutes, or until cucumbers/pickles begin to lose their color. Remove from heat and let cool in the liquid. Refrigerate in a covered on-metallic container.

Still hoping someone has the BLT soup recipe from Sci Fi. Also was looking for the Shrimp Penne Pasta too.

Anybody have a recipe for the bread at Earl of Sandwich? I am totally craving that stuff since we were there last month!!

Lily

Still hoping someone has the BLT soup recipe from Sci Fi...
I have looked and looked for Sci-Fi's BLT soup recipe for you. Recipes from this particular dining spot seem to be few & far between. :confused3

I have looked and looked for Sci-Fi's BLT soup recipe for you. Recipes from this particular dining spot seem to be few & far between. :confused3
I have been looking everywhere for it too. Thanks for trying.

Re. Pago Pago Chicken recipe:

Here is the Miami Herald source where I saw the recipe:

http://www.miamiherald.com/living/food/story/266344.html but I'm wondering if it's actually legit or more of an "urban legend" because I've seen the same request for this recipe published in several newspapers. I'm wondering as well if anybody can confirm that this actually was served at the Polynesian Resort?

The Swan and Dolphin Resort just published their October recipe:
1007l.jpg

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Ingredients for Cheesecake:
1 Lb. Cream Cheese
10 Oz. Canned Pumpkin
6 Oz. Sugar
4 Each Eggs
4 Oz. Heavy Cream
1 Tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp. Ground Clove
1/2 Tsp. Nutmeg

Ingredients for Crust:
2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
Melted Butter

Method of Preparation for Cheesecake:
With an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese and sugar until it is free of lumps. Add the pumpkin and spices. Mix until all the items are completely combined. Add the eggs slowly, mixing and scraping as you go. Last, mix in the heavy cream. Set aside.

Method of Preparation for Crust:
Mix together Graham Cracker crumbs and only enough butter to hold the crumbs together. Pack this crust in a half-inch layer on the bottom of a 10" greased cake pan. Pour the cheesecake batter in the mold and bake at 325° until a "testing" knife comes out clean from the center. Approximate baking time is one hour, depending on the oven.

Presentation:
Place a slice of cheesecake on serving plate of your choice.

Serves 6-8

what an awesome thread. Here is what I am looking for.....

Does anyone have the recipe for the Steak and noodle stir fry dish that Le Celliar had on their menu? We had it over Labor Day and loved it. I wouldlove to make it at home.

Thank you

Looking for two recipes. First the maple custard with almond crumble topping from Canada at this year's F&W festival. Second the Asian chicken salad from the POP century, or at least the peanut flavored dressing from this salad. Thanks in advance! :thumbsup2

I have looked all over for that mussel recipe and cannot find it. I just don't think it is out there. :(

How about this - in 27 days we will be in WDW - and having dinner at LeCellier during the trip.:banana: We will attempt to obtain the recipe - and if successful - will be happy to post it when we return!:goodvibes

Any other requests - as long as we'll be there anyway...... :woohoo: We have ressies for: Artist Point, Boma, Kona, Crystal Palace, California Grill, Le Cellier and Chefs de France.

How about this - in 27 days we will be in WDW - and having dinner at LeCellier during the trip.:banana: We will attempt to obtain the recipe - and if successful - will be happy to post it when we return!:goodvibes

I think I love you, happydinks. :rotfl: I'll be counting down days until you return! :upsidedow

That would be awesome Happydinks. I never even thought of asking for the recipe.

Any other requests - as long as we'll be there anyway...... :woohoo: We have ressies for: Artist Point, Boma, Kona, Crystal Palace, California Grill, Le Cellier and Chefs de France.

Are you going to Crystal Palace for breakfast or dinner?

Yachtsman Steakhouse: Monterey Jack Cheese Grits

2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 & 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 & 1/2 cups water
3/4 cup quick-cooking grits
1/4 cup heavy cream
salt & freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese

In a 3 quart heavy saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat. Add onions & scallions and cook 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
Add the broth & water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add grits in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly.
Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
Stir in cream and season with salt & pepper. Remove from heat and whisk in cheese and remaining butter.

Be still my racing heart!! :woohoo: :love: That's the best offer I've heard in a while, LOL.

It's just about hopeless to get any recipes from the California Grill. I've tried since last July to get the "Honey Crunch Cake with Chantilly Cream and Oven-roasted Golden Pineapple and Crunch Candy Crumble " including phoning them twice and now they're saying they can't don't have the recipe!! Wonder how they're making it then, LOL?

Anyway sounds like they're not going to share this one though I'd love to hear what they said if you asked in person.

Besides the Honey Crunch Cake - if it's not too much trouble, could you add the following to your list from the California Grill because maybe you'll strike it lucky with at least one of them. I certainly don't expect them all.

Salad of Grilled Shrimp
Banana and Butterscotch "Buzz"
*Blueberry Bliss - blueberry cream pie, blueberry mascato soup and creme fraiche cheese cake (would love to get any one of these any one of these recipes if they are still on the menu).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter