~*~The OFFICIAL 2014 Dates Thread - Come Join Us!~*~

BearCats - Thank you for the welcome!

We decided on September 24th - October 2nd. Yay! It's a midweek trip but since my son isn't in school it didn't really matter. Hopefully flights will be cheaper mid week and check in won't be as crazy! We are definitely staying at WBC.

Very excited now!

Not sure if I am looking in the wrong place but just went to Jet Blue site and the fares are still only thru Jan 6th.

That's what I meant. You can book a flight for the 1st week in Jan. Hopefully, they'll be opening more dates soon. That way pepole on the thread can book them, and that will leave only the MOST important thing to worry about... Booking, re-booking, reconsidering the re-booking, cancelling, re-booking again, of their ADR's.

Just got back from a WONDERFUL April 12-20th trip, and trying to narrow down our dates for April 2014!!!! leaning towards 21-27..... this was the only 2014 thread I could find :upsidedow

BearCats - Thank you for the welcome!

We decided on September 24th - October 2nd. Yay! It's a midweek trip but since my son isn't in school it didn't really matter. Hopefully flights will be cheaper mid week and check in won't be as crazy! We are definitely staying at WBC.

Very excited now!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a cheap flight for you! :goodvibes It's always a crapshoot with flights, isn't it? I always book and then a few days later, the price drops. :p

Just got back from a WONDERFUL April 12-20th trip, and trying to narrow down our dates for April 2014!!!! leaning towards 21-27..... this was the only 2014 thread I could find :upsidedow

We're glad to have you! :welcome: Any thoughts on where you want to stay?

So does anyone know when Southwest will open up flights for January? I'm still not sold on what week to go.... Hoping airfare will help that choice!

On May 6th they open flights through Jan 5th. So you probably still have a month or two for the rest of Jan.

That's what I meant. You can book a flight for the 1st week in Jan. Hopefully, they'll be opening more dates soon. That way pepole on the thread can book them, and that will leave only the MOST important thing to worry about... Booking, re-booking, reconsidering the re-booking, cancelling, re-booking again, of their ADR's.

I cant wait to have ADRs to change!!!! :rotfl:

Do you change 'em on the fly, too? We changed a bunch of them while we were at WDW last time! :rotfl:

Ha! No we didnt do that. Will keep it in mind though. I can totally see us doing that. We did cancel our ADR for the last night so we could park hop and have more time and flexibility. Probably the only people in the world who cancelled Ohana and ate at ABC Commissary instead. :goodvibes

Ha! No we didnt do that. Will keep it in mind though. I can totally see us doing that. We did cancel our ADR for the last night so we could park hop and have more time and flexibility. Probably the only people in the world who cancelled Ohana and ate at ABC Commissary instead. :goodvibes

It's fun! It's like "Spin the Wheel of ADRs"! I called the dining line and just said, "Okay, who has openings for dinner tonight?" :rotfl:

Do you like ABC Commissary? We do! :teeth: It's a big no-no to say you do, apparently! :laughing:

It's fun! It's like "Spin the Wheel of ADRs"! I called the dining line and just said, "Okay, who has openings for dinner tonight?" :rotfl:

Do you like ABC Commissary? We do! :teeth: It's a big no-no to say you do, apparently! :laughing:

Yes!! We like it too. It is our go to for DHS. We ate there in 2011 and DH actually requested it for 2012. I guess we have low standards. :confused3:rotfl2:

Yes!! We like it too. It is our go to for DHS. We ate there in 2011 and DH actually requested it for 2012. I guess we have low standards. :confused3:rotfl2:

I guess we have low standards as well because we thought it was good, too! :teeth: The sugar-free chocolate mousse thingy they have is awesome. My husband has requested it also if we do a DHS day next year. :thumbsup2

probably stay at POP we love it there! Other option is BWV on points....

In DHS we love the Backlot express! it was so good!:goodvibes

Not sure about SW. But Jetblue has opened up the 1st week in Jan. And now that they've opened up direct flights to MCO, have you thought about flying out of Worcester?

Too far - I'm closer to Canada than Boston :) MHT is the closest airport to me with direct flights to MCO. We've looked at Portland ME, and Burlington VT with no luck. Plus the drive isn't too bad (minus that national forest!)

I hope SW opens it soon... I'm very curious on the airfare down. I don't want to pay ridiculous airfare but I would like to see Osborne Lights before they take them down!

On May 6th they open flights through Jan 5th. So you probably still have a month or two for the rest of Jan.

I cant wait to have ADRs to change!!!! :rotfl:

I don't want to wait!

The changing ADRs made me LOL in my living room :) yep my family thinks I'm losing it!

Spin the wheel of ADRs sounds fun :teeth:

We added a bonus night to our trip!! We will be arriving on January 23rd and will be staying at AKV for the night before checking into BLT for the remainder of the trip... So we will be there for 8 nights total!!! Yay!! This is the third time we have increased the amount of days we are on vacation... LOL. We can't possibly stay any longer than this, we used up all our DVC points, unless we start paying for rooms... But that's not gonna happen, I also have limited vacation days at work and will be burning through a lot for this trip, so why not make it count??? LOL

We added a bonus night to our trip!! We will be arriving on January 23rd and will be staying at AKV for the night before checking into BLT for the remainder of the trip... So we will be there for 8 nights total!!! Yay!! This is the third time we have increased the amount of days we are on vacation... LOL. We can't possibly stay any longer than this, we used up all our DVC points, unless we start paying for rooms... But that's not gonna happen, I also have limited vacation days at work and will be burning through a lot for this trip, so why not make it count??? LOL

We did 8 nights last trip, I would love to do more but DH can't stack additional personal and vacation days on top of the week.... Grrr! However I guess it does pay for the vacation and I should be very thankful for that!

We did 8 nights last trip, I would love to do more but DH can't stack additional personal and vacation days on top of the week.... Grrr! However I guess it does pay for the vacation and I should be very thankful for that!

I completely understand, our trips ALWAYS revolve around my work schedule... It can be stressful at times when the dreaded "I cant because I have this due that week" comes up... Uggghhh. My DH can pretty much go whenever. This is going to be our first 8 night trip, we have never done more than 5 nights so I am just super syked about it. It's also the last big trip before we try for baby number 2. I just got my 20 month old to run around the house like a maniac screaming "DADDY DISNEY!!!" to try and get an extra trip in this year, LOL. You figure he can't say no to the princess, right?? Hahaha, that's how we got to 8 nights for January... But still no 2013 trip, but I think I will survive as hard as it may be... LOL.

We have a possible change in dates. My mom has decided to quit her retail job and go back to being retired, which frees up December for us! Now we can't decide between checking in the day after Thanksgiving or waiting a week and checking in Dec. 6.

I'm also still torn over WL vs. Poly. I have a deep love for both and just can't decide!

We have a possible change in dates. My mom has decided to quit her retail job and go back to being retired, which frees up December for us! Now we can't decide between checking in the day after Thanksgiving or waiting a week and checking in Dec. 6.

I'm also still torn over WL vs. Poly. I have a deep love for both and just can't decide!

I would think waiting until December would make it less crowded?? But I don't know. And Poly and WL are my two faves too - it would be hard to choose for me also!

We just got back from our April 2013 trip, so I am joining on here for some 2014 fun!!! :goodvibes

We are planning on 4/26/14-5/3/14. We are planning on staying at the Poly!

The countdown seems sooooooo long, but I'm happy to have people to wait with! :dance3:

Can't wait for the 2014 rates to come out, so I can actually book!!! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter