~*~The OFFICIAL 2014 Dates Thread - Come Join Us!~*~

I completely understand, our trips ALWAYS revolve around my work schedule... It can be stressful at times when the dreaded "I cant because I have this due that week" comes up... Uggghhh. My DH can pretty much go whenever. This is going to be our first 8 night trip, we have never done more than 5 nights so I am just super syked about it. It's also the last big trip before we try for baby number 2. I just got my 20 month old to run around the house like a maniac screaming "DADDY DISNEY!!!" to try and get an extra trip in this year, LOL. You figure he can't say no to the princess, right?? Hahaha, that's how we got to 8 nights for January... But still no 2013 trip, but I think I will survive as hard as it may be... LOL.

My 4 year old turned DH into a truly enjoying Disney :) She had just turned one, and all the fun she had melted him!! I have a 22 month old, I wish I could get her to say Daddy Disney - shes not much of a talker though - I know one day it will be the complete opposite and I will miss these quieter days!! Good luck on number 2!!

Hehe I scammed a 2013 trip... I actually need to change my ticker, it went from a 4 night get away for just us adults to 7 nights with the kiddos! :)

We did 8 nights last trip, I would love to do more but DH can't stack additional personal and vacation days on top of the week.... Grrr! However I guess it does pay for the vacation and I should be very thankful for that!

Same deal here. DH cant take more than 1 week at a time. So we are going the day after Thanksgiving to gain an extra night.

We have a possible change in dates. My mom has decided to quit her retail job and go back to being retired, which frees up December for us! Now we can't decide between checking in the day after Thanksgiving or waiting a week and checking in Dec. 6.

I'm also still torn over WL vs. Poly. I have a deep love for both and just can't decide!

Both of those weeks should be pretty low crowds. I would watch for the discounts this year to see how next year might be. I know Pop Warner affects when discounts are available.
I have not stayed at either,but I vote for WL because their Christmas decorations are great!!

We just got back from our April 2013 trip, so I am joining on here for some 2014 fun!!! :goodvibes

We are planning on 4/26/14-5/3/14. We are planning on staying at the Poly!

The countdown seems sooooooo long, but I'm happy to have people to wait with! :dance3:

Can't wait for the 2014 rates to come out, so I can actually book!!! :yay:

Yay! Someone who makes more changes than I do. I lurk on the YC and WL threads so have "seen" you around. :goodvibes. How was the YC??

:banana:
Same deal here. DH cant take more than 1 week at a time. So we are going the day after Thanksgiving to gain an extra night.

Both of those weeks should be pretty low crowds. I would watch for the discounts this year to see how next year might be. I know Pop Warner affects when discounts are available.
I have not stayed at either,but I vote for WL because their Christmas decorations are great!!

Yay! Someone who makes more changes than I do. I lurk on the YC and WL threads so have "seen" you around. :goodvibes. How was the YC??

:rotfl2:

I am quite the changer, aren't I??? :rolleyes1

I am pretty sure the Poly will stick for this trip. When we left, we were all in agreement that this would be our next stay! :thumbsup2

The YC was very nice!! We LOVED the location!!! :love:
We got an awesome upgrade and were chosen as the YC Family of the Day and showered with a bunch of little gifts!
We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. :cutie:

:banana:

:rotfl2:

I am quite the changer, aren't I??? :rolleyes1

I am pretty sure the Poly will stick for this trip. When we left, we were all in agreement that this would be our next stay! :thumbsup2

The YC was very nice!! We LOVED the location!!! :love:
We got an awesome upgrade and were chosen as the YC Family of the Day and showered with a bunch of little gifts!
We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. :cutie:

Glad you enjoyed the YC! We are thinking it for our next trip! I like the decor there better than BC. We loved Poly, but DH wants to try somewhere different. I would live to go back to WL, but again DH - said the rooms are too small (we are a family of 5) and more than likely our youngest will be 3 anyway so we wouldn't be able to stay in a standard room.

I hope you make to to Poly next year lol!!

Glad you enjoyed the YC! We are thinking it for our next trip! I like the decor there better than BC. We loved Poly, but DH wants to try somewhere different. I would live to go back to WL, but again DH - said the rooms are too small (we are a family of 5) and more than likely our youngest will be 3 anyway so we wouldn't be able to stay in a standard room.

I hope you make to to Poly next year lol!!

Hi there!

We too like the YC decor better. Our room was beautiful. :goodvibes

I am determined that 2014 is the year of Poly....no really, it is....:rotfl2:

No really. :rolleyes1

probably stay at POP we love it there! Other option is BWV on points....

In DHS we love the Backlot express! it was so good!:goodvibes

I got your info updated. Once you decide for sure where you're staying, just post for me so I can change the list. :goodvibes

We added a bonus night to our trip!! We will be arriving on January 23rd and will be staying at AKV for the night before checking into BLT for the remainder of the trip... So we will be there for 8 nights total!!! Yay!! This is the third time we have increased the amount of days we are on vacation... LOL. We can't possibly stay any longer than this, we used up all our DVC points, unless we start paying for rooms... But that's not gonna happen, I also have limited vacation days at work and will be burning through a lot for this trip, so why not make it count??? LOL

:woohoo: for an extra night! :yay:

We have a possible change in dates. My mom has decided to quit her retail job and go back to being retired, which frees up December for us! Now we can't decide between checking in the day after Thanksgiving or waiting a week and checking in Dec. 6.

I'm also still torn over WL vs. Poly. I have a deep love for both and just can't decide!

Once you decide for sure what your dates are, just post and I'll getcha updated.

We just got back from our April 2013 trip, so I am joining on here for some 2014 fun!!! :goodvibes

We are planning on 4/26/14-5/3/14. We are planning on staying at the Poly!

The countdown seems sooooooo long, but I'm happy to have people to wait with! :dance3:

Can't wait for the 2014 rates to come out, so I can actually book!!! :yay:

:welcome: to the group! Glad you decided to join us! I've added you to the April/May lists - if you have changes, just post them and I'll update as we go along. :teeth:

DD will start middle school and DS Kinder August 2014 so we are looking to go right before school starts. I'm thinking August 16-20 at AOA Suite. Does anyone know what the crowds are like then?
We are already going this September so I will try and do a Bounce Back offer while there this year.

DD will start middle school and DS Kinder August 2014 so we are looking to go right before school starts. I'm thinking August 16-20 at AOA Suite. Does anyone know what the crowds are like then?
We are already going this September so I will try and do a Bounce Back offer while there this year.

I don't know about the crowds then ~ I would check easywdw for August 2013 and compare, my guess is they will be very similar for 2014. A lot of schools in the south will already be back in school by then. It will be really hot ~ so you maybe plan some time to enjoy the pool at AoA in the afternoons!

Oops...hit send by accident. We are heading down Nov 5th, and likely splitting our stay, doing a 4 day dream cruise between. We'll be celebrating DD's bday, and neither my DH or I have been since the 80's. excited to learn all about the world in the next year and a half.

Our plans keep changing but it looks like we'll be there from Jan. 22-25 before we move to our beach house for a week. Fly in late Jan. 22 and stay at a value and then 2 nights at a MK deluxe. Its for DH's 40th birthday. Resorts TBD.

Oops...hit send by accident. We are heading down Nov 5th, and likely splitting our stay, doing a 4 day dream cruise between. We'll be celebrating DD's bday, and neither my DH or I have been since the 80's. excited to learn all about the world in the next year and a half.

:welcome: to the group! Glad you decided to join us! What are the dates you'll be staying at a WDW resort and at which resort are you planning to stay?

Our plans keep changing but it looks like we'll be there from Jan. 22-25 before we move to our beach house for a week. Fly in late Jan. 22 and stay at a value and then 2 nights at a MK deluxe. Its for DH's 40th birthday. Resorts TBD.

:welcome: I can add you to the list with those dates, and if they change just post and I can always change it later. Once you get the resorts figured out, I can add those as well.

---------------------

If either of you have questions, jump on in and ask! Meanwhile, join the conversation! :hyper2:

My two daughters and I will be making our first trip to WDW Feb 22-Mar 1st. We are hoping to stay @ POR in a Princess Room. I am looking forward to hearing tips and tricks to make the most of our trip as we wont be back for a bit.

Please add us to the list.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Possibly Shades of Green from the 5th through the 9th, and the one of the port Orleans resorts from the 13th through 16th.....

My two daughters and I will be making our first trip to WDW Feb 22-Mar 1st. We are hoping to stay @ POR in a Princess Room. I am looking forward to hearing tips and tricks to make the most of our trip as we wont be back for a bit.

Please add us to the list.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

:welcome: to the DIS and to the group! :woohoo: for a Princess Room! I'll get you added to the list.

Possibly Shades of Green from the 5th through the 9th, and the one of the port Orleans resorts from the 13th through 16th.....

:welcome: Glad you decided to join us! What month will you be going so I can get you added to the list?

-------------------

If either of you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. :teeth:

Welcome to all the new posters! Yay for vacation planning!

I was just looking at the list and there are a LOT of 2014 vacations planned. I haven't gone on a "real" vacation in so long - just short weekends.

I also had a couple of questions based on the first post(s) (which were great by the way). I just noticed the Tower of Terror race is in October. I know sometimes it was late September/early October. Do we know the date for 2014? It would be awesome if I could actually run in that while I was there!

I knew when I booked that I was going in high holy hurricane season, but I'm certain I'll be very nervous when the time comes!

Also, since it appears that a lot of people on this message board are from PA or around there, have any of you gone to Sesame Place? I know it's random, but we are taking my son in June and I thought it would be a good test to try out character meets and dining. If you've been there - any tips?

So airfare opened up for the first Saturday in Jan.. $161 one way! Thinking we may pick a later week in January in hopes for cheaper airfare...

Welcome to all the new posters! Yay for vacation planning!

I was just looking at the list and there are a LOT of 2014 vacations planned. I haven't gone on a "real" vacation in so long - just short weekends.

I also had a couple of questions based on the first post(s) (which were great by the way). I just noticed the Tower of Terror race is in October. I know sometimes it was late September/early October. Do we know the date for 2014? It would be awesome if I could actually run in that while I was there!

I knew when I booked that I was going in high holy hurricane season, but I'm certain I'll be very nervous when the time comes!

Also, since it appears that a lot of people on this message board are from PA or around there, have any of you gone to Sesame Place? I know it's random, but we are taking my son in June and I thought it would be a good test to try out character meets and dining. If you've been there - any tips?

They won't announce the date for next year's TOT race for a while yet. Just as soon as they put up the page on runDisney, I'll add the link and dates to the front page. :teeth:

So airfare opened up for the first Saturday in Jan.. $161 one way! Thinking we may pick a later week in January in hopes for cheaper airfare...

:eek: I'll keep my fingers crossed for cheap airfare for you. I always book too soon because I'm so excited, and then the prices drop. Of course, I think if I waited longer to book, the prices would rise ... :sad2: That's just my kind of luck! :laughing:

Just a quick update on where we are for next year ...

Basically, no plans have yet been made for either Vegas or WDW. We're still trying to figure out what month we would do Vegas if we go there, and where we would stay in WDW since we'll have less money if we do both trips.

One way or another, we'll be doing WDW in 2014 ... for how long, on what dates, or where we'll stay remains a mystery at this point in time.

Anyone else on the fence right now? :confused3

Just a quick update on where we are for next year ...

Basically, no plans have yet been made for either Vegas or WDW. We're still trying to figure out what month we would do Vegas if we go there, and where we would stay in WDW since we'll have less money if we do both trips.

One way or another, we'll be doing WDW in 2014 ... for how long, on what dates, or where we'll stay remains a mystery at this point in time.

Anyone else on the fence right now? :confused3

We are still trying to nail down dates- sometime in January! :) and December should still be the first full week. No idea what resorts either! Jan will be either OKW, AKL or BWV (standard only) I am hoping for BWV because since we rebooked we are staying at AKL now in September. December I am going to book OKW and wait list something fun and basically know it won't come through :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter