The Official 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Thread

LoL! Awesome.

Call me insane, but I'm dreaming of doing the race then doing Soarin, oh, about 50 times. Like I said, for me the victory of the night will be crossing the line and just being in the park after-hours. I've done MK after-hours, but EPCOT is my favorite park and I've never done an after-hours event there. I'm pumped to just be there.

It totally rocks. I don't think you are insane, and I doubt in this forum, anyone else would either. Birds of a feather tend to flock together!

It totally rocks. I don't think you are insane, and I doubt in this forum, anyone else would either. Birds of a feather tend to flock together!

Amen to that!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

And just to crank everybody up.....registration is just ONE WEEK AWAY!! WHOOP! WHOOP!

helloirishkitty said:
Is anyone else doing this race Solo? I think I will be going alone, and even if I don't, DH/DS will not stay up to watch me finish.

I'll be running as solo as you can be in a WISH shirt. I love that you feel a sense of belonging! My parents will be at the end (hopefully!)

Seeing as how last year was the first year for the race to be held at that time, I am not sure "historically" fits as there is no precedent set. It would be nice if that is the case again this year though.

Historically that is when the first MVMCP occurs. It just so happens to be race weekend too now. ;)

I'll be running as solo as you can be in a WISH shirt. I love that you feel a sense of belonging! My parents will be at the end (hopefully!)

Agreed, WISHers never run alone. It's just you and a few hundred people you've already talked to! My DH and DDs will be at the end, but as for the run I am a solo. My youngest DD could easily place in Corral A, but she doesn't quite meet the age requirements. :crazy2: But I imagine they'll be riding Soarin' and TT until they realize I'm getting close to the home stretch! :thumbsup2

sillylily said:
Agreed, WISHers never run alone. It's just you and a few hundred people you've already talked to! My DH and DDs will be at the end, but as for the run I am a solo. My youngest DD could easily place in Corral A, but she doesn't quite meet the age requirements. :crazy2: But I imagine they'll be riding Soarin' and TT until they realize I'm getting close to the home stretch! :thumbsup2

I probably will be traveling and running solo.

Not terrible. Some attractions were virtual walk ons. Soarin' was only like 15 mins last year. (Getting to the attraction was harder than waiting for it--downhill slopes like that KILL me after a race)

Going down the stairs to Soarin' last year... that was terrible. But riding it 4 times in a row without having to get off was awesome. I ran across the finish line and straight to Spaceship Earth! The longest lines were at the food booths but there were virtually none for rides.

I may or may not be making a solo run. DH has been having some tendonitis issues. Not that he runs with me anyway :rolleyes:. I'm too slow for him to stay more than a mile with me. But, if he doesn't run, he'll still go to the after-party or maybe run the 5k in the morning. I'm also hoping to recruit some friends to come out and run though it is a long-shot.

I'm really hoping that everything falls into place to do this. Decent flight prices, military discounts on park tickets/rooms, parents able to come to watch the kids while we run/party...It feels like a lot has to happen to make this work.

Hi all. Just received an e-mail from RunDisney regarding host hotels: All-star movies, music and sports. CBR, AKL, SS, BC and BWI. Hope this helps.

Cindy :thumbsup2

sunnygal041 said:
Hi all. Just received an e-mail from RunDisney regarding host hotels: All-star movies, music and sports. CBR, AKL, SS, BC and BWI. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info!

Im just now joining this thread but I plan to register and it will be my first one! I don't have anyone to run/train with in my area that I know of but Im excited!

DH and I are going to be running this one for the first time this year- can't wait!! Just got done with Princess and having withdrawals already!!:)

:sad2: I need to think about this. A deluxe is for sure out after my PHM trip last month, and the mods and values I was considering aren't options. Looks like Disney will be missing out on me renewing my AP and we'll be staying at Swolphin. I can walk over to BC or BW to catch a bus.

:sad2: I need to think about this. A deluxe is for sure out after my PHM trip last month, and the mods and values I was considering aren't options. Looks like Disney will be missing out on me renewing my AP and we'll be staying at Swolphin. I can walk over to BC or BW to catch a bus.

I'm more than a little irritated about our options as well. I think we're going to be staying at a non-hosting resort, and I'll fight my way over the expo and take a cab back after the post race party. None of the value and moderate options even blip on my screen, and I'm not staying ten days in a hotel that i don't want to be in for one race. :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter