The Official 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Thread

Got signed up through get travel last night and booked All star sports though them too! Working on getting up to 10k right now since Disney has not updated training for the dumbo double date yet. I'm so ready for the next few months to fly by so we car get there!

Thanks for the info! Great prices there...:thumbsup2

Wish it was November already but the knees certainly are happy it's not here yet!:rotfl2:

My DW and I will run the MJJ 5k with our daughter in a stroller. Would do the half but we are coming back down in January for Marathon Weekend.

Since our daughter is 4, any of you have experience with the kid runs? Trying to plan that day and wonder how close the kid runs are in time and distance from the MJJ 5K

THis past Nov we did the JJ5K, the 5yo kids race and the half that night. We rented a car so that helped. DH and I drove to JJ5K, raced, drove back to Pop to get DD5. (DD21 got her up and ready for us) then drove to kids races. The 5K was over around 8:30ish and the kids races began at 10:00 at WWoS. If you do not have a car and you have DD with you the bus should get you there in plenty of time.

DD really liked running with the other kids. Before the race they had all the kids dancing in center field and Mickey was there for hugs after the race. She will definitely do it again this year. And parents can run beside their kids if needed.

THis past Nov we did the JJ5K, the 5yo kids race and the half that night. We rented a car so that helped. DH and I drove to JJ5K, raced, drove back to Pop to get DD5. (DD21 got her up and ready for us) then drove to kids races. The 5K was over around 8:30ish and the kids races began at 10:00 at WWoS. If you do not have a car and you have DD with you the bus should get you there in plenty of time.

DD really liked running with the other kids. Before the race they had all the kids dancing in center field and Mickey was there for hugs after the race. She will definitely do it again this year. And parents can run beside their kids if needed.

Fantastic!

I ran a 5k today and all I have to say is - thank goodness I have until November to train! It was quite a bit harder than I thought it would be. I've been running on a treadmill b/c of the weather. What a difference running outside is - I wasn't expecting the wind to be such a factor. Got a lot of training to do before Nov but looking forward to it!! Registration on Tuesday - yay!

Joining in! Just started running and have reached 6 miles!! Thank goodness I have until November for the rest :)

We currently are booked at Pop but hoping to save up extra to upgrade to BC!!

Jenn

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Feel like a kid on Christmas Eve, cannot wait until 12pm eastern time tomorrow:)
DW a non-runner, has committed to the 5K:cool1:

So it is 5K and Half for me:woohoo:

zgirls said:
Feel like a kid on Christmas Eve, cannot wait until 12pm eastern time tomorrow:)

What time is the 5k? Kinda considering it...

zgirls said:

I feel the same way! Can't wait to see how nervous/excited I am the night before the race!

Just booked my room reservation! Crossing my fingers my work schedule will allow me to go...and it doesn't sell out for another 6 weeks until I find out!

I'm feeling the same, I cannot WAIT for the registration to open. I am registered for lots of stuff, but this one has got me bouncing around like a puppy waiting for it! :dogdance: I'm so excited!!

When did this sell out last year? DH and I are about to go on vacation and we don't have the extra $350 tomorrow to sign up immediately.

I think it didn't sell out until June/July last year. I registered DH any myself for 5k first then the next month the half then the following month my DD for the half to spread out the payments.

Today's the day:banana:, today's the day:banana:, today's the day:banana:!!! See you at noon!:wave2::cool1::hyper::woohoo::cheer2:party:

I can't understand how they are going to open registration and not have the host resorts posted yet.:confused3 I don't know why I'm surprised. They can't seem to ever get their websites working and they did change the items runners were to receive for year 2 weeks after they opened registration.

I can't understand how they are going to open registration and not have the host resorts posted yet.:confused3 I don't know why I'm surprised. They can't seem to ever get their websites working and they did change the items runners were to receive for year 2 weeks after they opened registration.

I think it's another case of getting too big for their britches...:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter