The Official 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Thread

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by schoonersky, Nov 14, 2012.

1. jeanigor

jeanigor DIS Veteran

It totally rocks. I don't think you are insane, and I doubt in this forum, anyone else would either. Birds of a feather tend to flock together!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. capeseal

capeseal DIS Veteran

Mis-posted

4. PlutoBaby

PlutoBaby Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Amen to that!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

And just to crank everybody up.....registration is just ONE WEEK AWAY!! WHOOP! WHOOP!

5. FloridaNative8

FloridaNative8 Mouseketeer

I agree! Not insane, you are right on target! :goodvibes

6. smileyk8

smileyk8 DIS Veteran

I'll be running as solo as you can be in a WISH shirt. I love that you feel a sense of belonging! My parents will be at the end (hopefully!)

7. MoonFaerie

MoonFaerie DIS Veteran

Historically that is when the first MVMCP occurs. It just so happens to be race weekend too now. ;)

8. sillylily

sillylily DIS Veteran

Agreed, WISHers never run alone. It's just you and a few hundred people you've already talked to! My DH and DDs will be at the end, but as for the run I am a solo. My youngest DD could easily place in Corral A, but she doesn't quite meet the age requirements. :crazy2: But I imagine they'll be riding Soarin' and TT until they realize I'm getting close to the home stretch! :thumbsup2

9. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

I probably will be traveling and running solo.

10. Snelldog

Snelldog Earning My Ears

11. PlutoBaby

PlutoBaby Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Nice job on the Little Rock Half!:thumbsup2 I know all about those runners who you set your sights on, leave in the dust, just to have them reappear out of nowhere. HATE that!!:furious:

12. capeseal

capeseal DIS Veteran

Thank you!

13. Skpnw

Skpnw Mouseketeer

I will be travelling and running solo as well.

14. MightyDuck001

MightyDuck001 Mouseketeer

Going down the stairs to Soarin' last year... that was terrible. But riding it 4 times in a row without having to get off was awesome. I ran across the finish line and straight to Spaceship Earth! The longest lines were at the food booths but there were virtually none for rides.

15. capeseal

capeseal DIS Veteran

I may or may not be making a solo run. DH has been having some tendonitis issues. Not that he runs with me anyway :rolleyes:. I'm too slow for him to stay more than a mile with me. But, if he doesn't run, he'll still go to the after-party or maybe run the 5k in the morning. I'm also hoping to recruit some friends to come out and run though it is a long-shot.

I'm really hoping that everything falls into place to do this. Decent flight prices, military discounts on park tickets/rooms, parents able to come to watch the kids while we run/party...It feels like a lot has to happen to make this work.

16. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

Hi all. Just received an e-mail from RunDisney regarding host hotels: All-star movies, music and sports. CBR, AKL, SS, BC and BWI. Hope this helps.

Cindy :thumbsup2

17. Jenn310

Jenn310 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info!

18. DisneyMama84

DisneyMama84 Earning My Ears

Im just now joining this thread but I plan to register and it will be my first one! I don't have anyone to run/train with in my area that I know of but Im excited!

19. tcmata

tcmata DIS Veteran

DH and I are going to be running this one for the first time this year- can't wait!! Just got done with Princess and having withdrawals already!!:)

20. MoonFaerie

MoonFaerie DIS Veteran

:sad2: I need to think about this. A deluxe is for sure out after my PHM trip last month, and the mods and values I was considering aren't options. Looks like Disney will be missing out on me renewing my AP and we'll be staying at Swolphin. I can walk over to BC or BW to catch a bus.

21. sillylily

sillylily DIS Veteran

I'm more than a little irritated about our options as well. I think we're going to be staying at a non-hosting resort, and I'll fight my way over the expo and take a cab back after the post race party. None of the value and moderate options even blip on my screen, and I'm not staying ten days in a hotel that i don't want to be in for one race. :rolleyes2