The Official 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Thread

Thanks, snelldog! I'm hoping it catches up quickly, because the first two weeks of beginner's running totally suck!lol

Hahahaha! :lmao:

I agree! I stopped running in August due to personal reasons & now I just started re-training. I'm like.. 'dang, I hate this!'

But my body did remember more quickly than I thought it would after a 6 month break. Still have a long way to go to 'catch' up but it's not as bad as it was when I FIRST started running last year. Course we are talking about still being in the 'first 2 mile' stage. I still have 11.1 more to go! Ha!

Has anyone ever stayed off property? Is there's hotel off property that is helpful for transportation?

Hahahaha! :lmao:

I agree! I stopped running in August due to personal reasons & now I just started re-training. I'm like.. 'dang, I hate this!'

But my body did remember more quickly than I thought it would after a 6 month break. Still have a long way to go to 'catch' up but it's not as bad as it was when I FIRST started running last year. Course we are talking about still being in the 'first 2 mile' stage. I still have 11.1 more to go! Ha!

See, I think getting past that first two is the worst. I'll probably make sure i keep going, because if I have to start over entirely I'd be toss my hands up and say forget it! :lmao:That was by far the most frustrating part of running to me. Incremental increases after that just seemed to be so much easier. ::yes::

See, I think getting past that first two is the worst. I'll probably make sure i keep going, because if I have to start over entirely I'd be toss my hands up and say forget it! :lmao:That was by far the most frustrating part of running to me. Incremental increases after that just seemed to be so much easier. ::yes::

In training I would agree that the first two miles suck the most.

During the race, I despise the last two the most. I know I should savor the moments and enjoy the surroundings, but I just want to be done. That's my mental hurdle.

In training I would agree that the first two miles suck the most.

During the race, I despise the last two the most. I know I should savor the moments and enjoy the surroundings, but I just want to be done. That's my mental hurdle.

Agreed! Last year, by the time we hit the front of DHS and got to that little sidewalk between there and Epcot, I was so aggravated by the lack of space to be able to really run, that I just wanted to be done! But when we came around the side of Soarin'(?) and saw my family cheering me on, I was able to ride that high to to the finish line. :cool1:

I loved the last few miles of W&D. I had backed off my pace just a little when we were on the exit loop of the animal kingdom parking lot so I was feeling great in DHS and all the way through the finish. Not my best half, but only about 2 minutes slower. The lights in DHS were incredible. It was all I could do not to stop and stare haha (I love christmas lights). I wish we got to run more of EPCOT - but after doing ToT, I totally understand why you dont want the course cutting the park in half.

Did anyone see how they were managing the crowds to cross the course, it was really quite impressive - they had 2 routes, one that curved left, and one that curved right. They would get about 20-30 spectators into a group, divert the course to the right, let the people fill in the middle. Then the runDisney person would divert the course to the left so the runners were running behind the crowd.

You are hidden in there at number 56! Lol!

Thanx-2 more things. I am doing the 5k that morning, and will we all be meeting for a group pic prior to the start of the half? that would be cool

I definitely think so! We did last year and it was so much fun to be able to put faces with names. :grouphug: It was pretty noisy though so it was kind of difficult to hear what everybody was saying. Maybe we could meet further away from the stage this year or even earlier in the day!:confused3

I definitely think so! We did last year and it was so much fun to be able to put faces with names. :grouphug: It was pretty noisy though so it was kind of difficult to hear what everybody was saying. Maybe we could meet further away from the stage this year or even earlier in the day!:confused3

For Marathon weekend and other races, there is usually a meet at a food court (or someplace that doesn't require park admission) the day before the race. Meeting in the field before the race is hectic. There are so many people. So much going on. A limited amount of time to do it. A meeting at a host hotel food court is a bit more relaxed. Just my two cents.

Did anyone notice that get travel is listing the marathon fee as 165? Has anyone ever run for C2C and booked through a travel provider? Didn't know if it caused any problems.

For Marathon weekend and other races, there is usually a meet at a food court (or someplace that doesn't require park admission) the day before the race. Meeting in the field before the race is hectic. There are so many people. So much going on. A limited amount of time to do it. A meeting at a host hotel food court is a bit more relaxed. Just my two cents.

Love :love: that idea! Of course, anything involving food always sounds good to me. :rotfl2:

Count me in! W&D is going to be my first half marathon so I am pretty nervous. I just started training this month and will also be running the TOT 10 miler in October as practice before the 1/2 marathon. I started C25K and am planning to do the Jeff Galloway training program once I finish it. Any tips for a beginner runner would be greatly appreciated!:thanks:

Hello! I just found this site and I appreciate all the info!

I am new to running and this will be my first half marathon. I am running with a friend who moved to Florida last summer. He has ran a few full and halfs, so I am in good company!

If you all have good tips, I would greatly appreciate it. I will becoming in for the race on Friday and stay 8 days with the wife and kids. I figure enjoying the park AFTER I run is the way to go. Am I thinking correctly? Or do you think running the race last is the way to go? I am new, so I have no clue!!

I cannot wait to get to Disney!! It will be a great time! Put me on the list, please!

Thanks! ~Matt

So, I got a little overexcited about my running this evening, and registered for a few upcoming races. A Shamrock 5K in March, a color run in April, a tough mudder in May, then a Terror Run (a night run half marathon STRAIGHT DOWN A MOUNTAIN to an abandoned mental institution) in July, and a half marathon in September. I did my longest run ever Monday, and I'm confident I can complete these races, but man maybe I bit off more than I could chew! :scared1:

Hello! I just found this site and I appreciate all the info!

I am new to running and this will be my first half marathon. I am running with a friend who moved to Florida last summer. He has ran a few full and halfs, so I am in good company!

If you all have good tips, I would greatly appreciate it. I will becoming in for the race on Friday and stay 8 days with the wife and kids. I figure enjoying the park AFTER I run is the way to go. Am I thinking correctly? Or do you think running the race last is the way to go? I am new, so I have no clue!!

I cannot wait to get to Disney!! It will be a great time! Put me on the list, please!

Thanks! ~Matt

Your plan is pretty much the same as mine! And I intend to do an early CP breakfast with my DH and DDs, then send them on to the parks without me that day. I'm going to be resting as much as possible. And then we'll be hitting the after party. If I've got anything left after the half, I'll be living it up! :banana:

sillylily said:
So, I got a little overexcited about my running this evening, and registered for a few upcoming races. A Shamrock 5K in March, a color run in April, a tough mudder in May, then a Terror Run (a night run half marathon STRAIGHT DOWN A MOUNTAIN to an abandoned mental institution) in July, and a half marathon in September. I did my longest run ever Monday, and I'm confident I can complete these races, but man maybe I bit off more than I could chew! :scared1:

Your plan looks great. Best way to stay motivated for training runs is to have races set - built in goals. I am still trying to find a fun race to do in July. I have ever other month filled with a run, tri or open water swim.

Count me in! W&D is going to be my first half marathon so I am pretty nervous. I just started training this month and will also be running the TOT 10 miler in October as practice before the 1/2 marathon. I started C25K and am planning to do the Jeff Galloway training program once I finish it. Any tips for a beginner runner would be greatly appreciated!:thanks:

Good luck to you-be sure to do a least a 10k prior to the race. where in nj are you. I am in Manville!

Never mind found the list. All right guys I need a hand here. Which resort is both the smallest and the cheapest (not including All-Stars in this)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter