The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

when the park is transitioning for the Halloween party between 4 and 7 for instance, the rides are not opened are they as some of the daytime rides are shutting down. I thought it was this way for the Christmas party. LMK.

when the park is transitioning for the Halloween party between 4 and 7 for instance, the rides are not opened are they as some of the daytime rides are shutting down. I thought it was this way for the Christmas party. LMK.

I can honestly say that I've never heard of that. I worked both MNSSHP and MVMCP during the 2008 season and that never happened. When I was a CM, rides that weren't open during the party stopped admitting people at 7, and rides that were open started checking for wristbands at 7. Everything was open during that time period unless it was 101 or down for refurb.

thanks. i was prob. in la la land and had no clue what was going on. lol. now that i have found this board i know so much more.

I can honestly say that I've never heard of that. I worked both MNSSHP and MVMCP during the 2008 season and that never happened. When I was a CM, rides that weren't open during the party stopped admitting people at 7, and rides that were open started checking for wristbands at 7. Everything was open during that time period unless it was 101 or down for refurb.

I'm sure it's been posted somewhere but I'm at work and don't have time to search through all of the posts for an answer. Sorry.;)
We're going to the party on Oct 26th. I have both park tickets and MNSSHP tickets. If I simply use my park ticket to get in for my 3:30 pm ressie at CP do I have to then leave and then re-enter to attend the party? I don't care about having to use a day ticket to enter in time for our ressie so that's not an issue. Do you think we'll just have to check-in somewhere to get our wristbands? Just my opinion but it does not make any sense for those folks already in the parks with a day ticket to have to leave to re-enter to attend the party.:confused3 I understand the debate about entering early with a party ticket only, but what do ya'll think about a day ticket and party ticket?

In the past they set up an area in front of the castle (the walkway that goes down to the old boat dock in front of Tomorrowland). You enter at one spot, they scan your ticket, give you a wristband, keep walking an out the other end. It was very efficient!

I can guarantee this is not true. And what an uproar it would cause! Day guests are already having their day cut short with a 7 PM closing time! Rides stay open until the stated closing time.

Silly question, but I wanted to make sure...

Does the Headless Horseman ride before both parades, or does he only do the first one? My bestie and I are hoping to go September 18th, and I'd rather catch the second parade, but don't want to miss the HH!

Silly question, but I wanted to make sure...

Does the Headless Horseman ride before both parades, or does he only do the first one? My bestie and I are hoping to go September 18th, and I'd rather catch the second parade, but don't want to miss the HH!

Both parades, weather permitting. I think they try to avoid having him ride on wet roads. Be there early, as he rides 10-15 minutes ahead of the parade.

I'm sure it's been posted somewhere but I'm at work and don't have time to search through all of the posts for an answer. Sorry.;)
We're going to the party on Oct 26th. I have both park tickets and MNSSHP tickets. If I simply use my park ticket to get in for my 3:30 pm ressie at CP do I have to then leave and then re-enter to attend the party? I don't care about having to use a day ticket to enter in time for our ressie so that's not an issue. Do you think we'll just have to check-in somewhere to get our wristbands? Just my opinion but it does not make any sense for those folks already in the parks with a day ticket to have to leave to re-enter to attend the party.:confused3 I understand the debate about entering early with a party ticket only, but what do ya'll think about a day ticket and party ticket?

Didn't see any other answer, so here's one for you:
You should NOT need to leave the park and come back in. In the past anyways, they have stations around the park distributing wristbands, which will start slightly before 7 PM. You can go to one of these with your park ticket and get a wristband without leaving the park. Of course for your 3:30 PM ADR you will need to use a park ticket, but on a multi-day pass, that might only cost a few $$ per person.

Also, who has been there during a torrential rainstorm? Can you confirm that the whole party does not get cancelled? Can you still meet with characters in their costumes, get candy etc?

Also, who has been there during a torrential rainstorm? Can you confirm that the whole party does not get cancelled? Can you still meet with characters in their costumes, get candy etc?

There was a bad storm about 2 or 3 years ago. I recall reading about it on these boards. I know Disney refunded if you wanted to. I think a lot was cancelled but you could stay if you wished.

i just rem when we got there early there wasn't anything for us to do except go sit in a restaurant in Frontier Town as most stuff was closed.

Was there stuff to do that I was not aware of?

In the past they set up an area in front of the castle (the walkway that goes down to the old boat dock in front of Tomorrowland). You enter at one spot, they scan your ticket, give you a wristband, keep walking an out the other end. It was very efficient!

I can guarantee this is not true. And what an uproar it would cause! Day guests are already having their day cut short with a 7 PM closing time! Rides stay open until the stated closing time.

i just rem when we got there early there wasn't anything for us to do except go sit in a restaurant in Frontier Town as most stuff was closed.

Was there stuff to do that I was not aware of?

When was this? I did MVMCP twice in 08 and MNSSHP twice in 09. Each time we were in the park all day and stayed through for the party. Rides did not close, and we got our wristbands out in front of the castle.

Maybe you went back when they actually closed the park at 6 and reopened at 7. Then I could definitely see things being closed at 6. But under the most recent arrangement, park closing time is 7, so everything stays open at 7. Once 7 pm hits, no one without a wristband can get in line. The few attractions that will not be open during the party don't let any new people to enter the line at that time and they close down when the line clears.

they used to do that. those with MNSSHP tickets could enter at 4:00pm, the park closed at 6:00pm (I think??) and day guests were funneled out. those who had wristbands for the party were kept in Tomorrowland or Frontierland, depending on the year. Then, at 7:00pm, you could enter the rest of the park.

it's been 4 or 5 years since they've done that, though.

they used to do that. those with MNSSHP tickets could enter at 4:00pm, the park closed at 6:00pm (I think??) and day guests were funneled out. those who had wristbands for the party were kept in Tomorrowland or Frontierland, depending on the year. Then, at 7:00pm, you could enter the rest of the park.

I don't think the 4 PM entry started until they started using wristbands and keeping the park open until the party start time of 7.

But I do think she was remembering the time when the park closed a 6 and reopened at 7. Those who were there as day guests or there eating at a restaurant had to be in a "holding area" until it all reopened.

I'm glad they don't do this any more. I like to get in line super early for whatever hard to do event I want to do most. Since we just make a day of it at the MK, we're usually ready for a long sit by then anyway. In 08, we got in line for Twas the Night (I'm sorry that one's gone!) Our other night we were first in line for Belle & the Beast. In 09 we got in line for Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs. Having to leave the park or go to a holding area would definitely make all of that harder!

Trick or Treating is my must do!!! I love it!! Also love to see the characters dressed up in gear!

i don't keep track of the years we go but i am referring to the x-mas party as we have not been to a halloween one yet. i think it was 3 years ago so 2007 and the years proceeding that.

i have so much more knowledge know that i am so well prepared :)

this sounds like what they were doing. it was totally boring getting there early.

I don't think the 4 PM entry started until they started using wristbands and keeping the park open until the party start time of 7.

But I do think she was remembering the time when the park closed a 6 and reopened at 7. Those who were there as day guests or there eating at a restaurant had to be in a "holding area" until it all reopened.

I'm glad they don't do this any more. I like to get in line super early for whatever hard to do event I want to do most. Since we just make a day of it at the MK, we're usually ready for a long sit by then anyway. In 08, we got in line for Twas the Night (I'm sorry that one's gone!) Our other night we were first in line for Belle & the Beast. In 09 we got in line for Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs. Having to leave the park or go to a holding area would definitely make all of that harder!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter