• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

The gloves and purse came as a set. It is the ones sold at the BBB. I ordered them (as well as the crown) from a telephone number that someone posted. They came in a Disney bag.
I will have to search for the phone number.

Still looking for a necklace and some type of shoe.

That would be great thanks!! We have the shoes that the disney store sells.. The gel ones but i'm not sure if she would last a whole night in them. My sister just said that walmart had flip flops with Tiana on them but not in my dd's size. I may try to look for them..

Which characters at the party sign autographs? I know that villians don't but what about the dwarfs etc?

I have not been so can't fully answer your question but I asked a few weeks ago about autographs. The dwarfs do not sign and the villains do not sign. I think others like Pooh and Mickey do sign.

I needed to do same thing this year, google:

MNSSHP 2009

etc for earlier years, it's easy to find the info:)

only change i noticed this year was 1st sunday in Oct being a date (in connection with race that weekend) instead of Tuesday

have fun planning your trip

That's great !! Thanks!! Have fun this year!!!!

Which characters at the party sign autographs? I know that villians don't but what about the dwarfs etc?

Berlioz70 (DISname) has a character hunt site that she keeps updated. She is also a CM. http://sites.google.com/site/wdwcharacterhunt/home/specialevents/mvmcp2010 Here is her list of characters expected at MNSSHP. This is our first party this year but I have read the Dwarfs and SW don't sign so more people can have a chance at the pics. I am working on autograph book for my kiddos. My advice, get the picture. Autographs can be found on line. ;)

is anyone planning to dine in costume before MNSSHP? We haev 3:30 at CP and i'm thinking of dressing up. will the characters also dress up? that would be awesome!

You've got it, Villains that meet after the M&M as well as the dwarfs. Characters at the Dance Parties also do not sign. In addition, the regular non-signing characters will not sign at the party either.

AUTOGRAPH TIPS will have that list.

This is our first party this year but I have read the Dwarfs and SW don't sign so more people can have a chance at the pics.

Thanks for the shout out!! Snow will sign this year because she is not meeting with the dwarfs (who are the slow ones).

is anyone planning to dine in costume before MNSSHP? We haev 3:30 at CP and i'm thinking of dressing up. will the characters also dress up? that would be awesome!

Characters do dress up during the party, but not at the Crystal Palace.

Berlioz70 (DISname) has a character hunt site that she keeps updated. She is also a CM. http://sites.google.com/site/wdwcharacterhunt/home/specialevents/mvmcp2010 Here is her list of characters expected at MNSSHP. This is our first party this year but I have read the Dwarfs and SW don't sign so more people can have a chance at the pics. I am working on autograph book for my kiddos. My advice, get the picture. Autographs can be found on line. ;)

Since it appears that Snow White won't be with the dwarfs this year, she will probably sign, as will the Snow Prince. They are reported to be back with the other princesses in Toontown.

Since it appears that Snow White won't be with the dwarfs this year, she will probably sign, as will the Snow Prince. They are reported to be back with the other princesses in Toontown.

I just checked the site and the "Princes" are not on the list, granted this is all subject to change but as of the current list Berlioz has no Princes on the list

I just checked the site and the "Princes" are not on the list, granted this is all subject to change but as of the current list Berlioz has no Princes:confused3

Correct. All princes were removed during the overhaul of the list earlier this week. The princes are still on the MVMCP list at the moment, but I'm wondering if they'll get cut there too.

Correct. All princes were removed during the overhaul of the list earlier this week. The princes are still on the MVMCP list at the moment, but I'm wondering if they'll get cut there too.

MAN! What a bummer!

I'm really disappointed in that preliminary list as it is for MVMCP. We missed Scrooge McDuck last time, and so far it appears he hasn't made the cut this year. I might be alone in this, but I don't see the addition of the dwarfs as a good trade. We did MNSSHP last year and met them. I really would like MVMCP to have a different selection. They'll NEVER get people to do both parties if they don't have more special things for each party (MNSSHP v. MVMCP)

So is Ariel not appearing at any of the parties?

I just checked out the list again. Is Belle not appearing at MNSSHP this year?

It's funny but as I was looking at those lists, I did wonder how the heck they were going to fit 4 princesses with 4 princes in that room........

MAN! What a bummer!

I'm really disappointed in that preliminary list as it is for MVMCP. We missed Scrooge McDuck last time, and so far it appears he hasn't made the cut this year. I might be alone in this, but I don't see the addition of the dwarfs as a good trade. We did MNSSHP last year and met them. I really would like MVMCP to have a different selection. They'll NEVER get people to do both parties if they don't have more special things for each party (MNSSHP v. MVMCP)

So is Ariel not appearing at any of the parties?

I have not seen Ariel at any parties for the last two years, so I'm not expecting her this year.

The facebook group agrees with you in regards to Scrooge, but the MVMCP Thread seems excited about the dwarfs.

I just checked out the list again. Is Belle not appearing at MNSSHP this year?

It's funny but as I was looking at those lists, I did wonder how the heck they were going to fit 4 princesses with 4 princes in that room........

Belle has not been a regular character for the last two parties, if she appeared it was as a "random" character.

My assumption is the princesses and princes will alternate... so you may get snow and belle or cindy and aurora (or something like that).

I have not seen Ariel at any parties for the last two years, so I'm not expecting her this year.

The facebook group agrees with you in regards to Scrooge, but the MVMCP Thread seems excited about the dwarfs.

Belle has not been a regular character for the last two parties, if she appeared it was as a "random" character.

My assumption is the princesses and princes will alternate... so you may get snow and belle or cindy and aurora (or something like that).

Duh.... brain blip. I knew that about Belle!

As for the rotation. I HATE that arrangement. Always have, always will. Why they would think guests would like that is beyond me. Who wants to wait in line for an hour (or whatever) to HOPEFULLY see the ones they haven't seen yet? If they're going to do that, they need to let people form a second line to wait for the ones they still need to see.

And how could I not have seen that MVMCP thread yet? Thanks for the link! :goodvibes

Finally read all the pages to this thread.... WOW so much information to process. Again thank you to everyone for your tips. Is there a place to see if there are limitations on costumes? I understand you cannot pose as an actually character and sign autographs.. but are there mask limitations or make up issues? Just curious as the kids in my party are working on their costumes.
Thanks so much for your help.

Not to add :stir: fuel to the fire :lmao: of this already heated topic, but thought I needed to share this News post on my DVC member page. Notice the words I have made red for DISNEYLAND. And when we get to Disney World- nothing about times. So maddening :eek:

Halloween Events Offer Member Discounts

Each fall, the Disneyland® and Walt Disney World® Resorts encourage Guests to don their favorite (Theme Park-appropriate) Halloween costumes, go trick-or-treating through the Park and enjoy exclusive entertainment offerings (including Halloween fireworks spectaculars) during specially ticketed, after-hours events, with select nights offering Disney Vacation Club® Member discounts.

Disneyland Resort: Mickey's Halloween Party will take place on Oct. 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, 26, 29 and 31. Moving this year from Disney California Adventure® Park to Disneyland Park, the party will dramatically add to its trick-or-treat stations, giving Guests all the candy-fueled energy they'll need to maximize their enjoyment of the popular Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy attractions. Guests benefit from early access to the Park (entering the park as early as 3 p.m. for the Tuesday events that begin at 6 p.m., and as early as 4 p.m. for Friday events beginning at 7 p.m.) and nearly all of its attractions, and enjoy exclusive in-Park viewing of the Halloween Screams fireworks spectacular.

Disney Vacation Club Members may purchase as many as eight tickets at the discounted price of $44 each for parties taking place on Oct. 1, 5, 12, 19 and 26 (regular prices are $49 in advance, $54 on the day of the event and $59 for the Oct. 29 and 31 parties). To purchase tickets, call (714) 781-4400, and identify yourself as a Disney Vacation Club Member. Each ticket includes event admission, as well as Disneyland Resort parking for one vehicle (larger vehicles may require an additional fee) on the specified event date.

Walt Disney World Resort: Mickey's Boo-To-You Halloween Parade and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks spectacular are among the highlights on tap for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom® Park, scheduled to take place this year on Sept. 14, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28 and 30; Oct. 1, 3, 7, 8, 11, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, 22, 24, 26, 28, 29 and 31; and Nov. 1.

Disney Vacation Club Members may call Member Services to purchase as many as six specially discounted advance-purchase tickets for $49.95 each plus tax for adults and $43.95 plus tax for kids ages 3-9 (a discount of $4 a ticket on regular advance-ticket prices and $10 a ticket on regular day-of-event ticket prices) for events taking place on Sept. 14, 18, 21, 23, 28 and 30, and Oct. 1, 3, 7, 11, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, 24 and 26. Remember to present your valid Disney Vacation Club Member ID when you pick up your tickets at will call.

I'm planning to go, but I was wondering which date would be less crowded? Sept 25th or the 28th?

I emailed them again to ask the question of what time can we enter the park..and for the second time they didn't answer the question... this time they gave me a list of what happens during the party but not what time guests can enter the park.. I'm now convinced they don't actually know what time guests can enter the park yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter