1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Turtle31, Jul 8, 2010.

1. bonrea

bonrea Family-Above All Else In Life

HEY nenner1!

[​IMG]

Where did you get this great artwork for your pictures??!!! LOVE IT!! :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. muffyn

muffyn "hmmm*

what are the reports on what kinds of candy they are giving away.
    and are there certain stations or times where they give out a bunch at a time?

4. SplashMtnCrew

SplashMtnCrew DIS Veteran

Purchased our e-tickets online yesterday for MNSSHP :woohoo:

DH and I are still trying to decide if we are going to actually dress up:confused: DS is going to be in costume no matter what DH and I do. With only 12 days until we leave we'd better do something soon!

5. Pookasaurus

Pookasaurus Mouseketeer

We were still able to use child swap at the party. There was still a CM standing at the line entrance and we got a rider swap from him for space mountain I believe - it was walk on so it didn't really matter though.

6. hereyago

hereyago DIS Veteran

Whew!!!!!!!!!! DD12 has FINALLY decided what she is going to be. She is going to be a bumble bee. Well it's a shirt that looks like a bee and a head band type thing.

I am going as a Twister game and will be glowing in the dark,not all of me, but parts of my costume.

Ok,
    I have a question: DD and I will mostly be doing rides and getting candy. My question is: For those of you have done both, how did you manage holding stuff or did you get a locker,etc. TIA

7. serene56

serene56 DIS Veteran

in the early evening-- the people are stingy with the candy- guess they have to make it last through the evening-- but we learned quickly to save the treating for the last part of the night-- when they were giving it away by buckets full. In the begining the lines are long but move rather quickly. Towards the end-- no line at all.

8. TBGOES2DISNEY

TBGOES2DISNEY DIS Veteran

I know several people have said that if they lined up for the Dwarves at 6:30, they were near the front of the line. I was wondering, about what time were you done?

Also, I know some people were able to get their photo at Cinderella's Carriage done before the party started by showing their wristband. About what time have they been bringing the carriage out?

9. akl432

akl432 First-time cruiser!

What time do the trick or treat candy stations close? I would hate to wait too long to start trick or treating and then find out they are closed or have run out of candy.

10. kwitcherkicken99

kwitcherkicken99 <font color=deeppink>Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEI

We treated on our way out at 11:30p. We didn't get topped off, but that's okay... I didn't really want the kids loaded up on sugar.

We had mini twix and cruch bars, tootsie-pops, dum-dums, laffy taffy, air heads, sweetarts, sixlets, etc.

11. kwitcherkicken99

kwitcherkicken99 <font color=deeppink>Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEI

We lined up for the Dwarves around 6:55 and were done right around 7:10. Granted we lucked out because there was a major threat of rain all night (luckily it dried up a little after 7:30) and so the Dwarves were under the Liberty Belle dock near HM. I think we would have waited longer if they would have been in their normal spot. They stayed there all night long - we actually saw them march out at the end of the night.

Tiana and Naveen were at the end of the Adventure Friends trail but once the rain stopped they returned to their normal spot.

Have you checked Berlioz's MNSSHP report from the party she went to? She listed out her wait times for a good number of the characters. Her list was spot on - we followed it with no problems.

12. stephielela

stephielela DIS Veteran

We were at the party 9/28... in the rain! It actually turned out ok though because the rain kept a lot of people away and it stopped raining by 7:30 so we had the run of the park! We literally stepped out of Casey's at 9:27 and got a great viewing spot for HalloWishes! I will say that I expected we would get more candy, but it's ok, I doubt we will eat it all anyways. We didn't do all of the lines, and we didn't do any more than once, so maybe that's why? Despite the rain we had a fabulous time!

13. serene56

serene56 DIS Veteran

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG]

I wanted to share with you our photo of us at the MNSSHP--meeting cruella for the first time[​IMG]

please click on the photo to enlarge it- Im learning how to insert pics.

14. petals

petals Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Candy stations don't close until they either run out of candy or the park closes... We got everything from chewy sweets, smarties, lollipops to m&m's snickers, hersies chocolate, milkyway, werthers caramels and loads more!

15. petals

petals Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

It's a good idea.. I think they have cheaper refills in the parks on popcorn and drinks once you have their souvenir container

16. freecia

freecia Mouseketeer

Whoa! Will have to stop in there. Thanks for the tip.

17. nenner1

nenner1 <font color=darkorchid>I must've been distracted b

Thank you so much!! They are digital scrapbooking elements. The anchor, rope and bow are part of a kit called "Where Dreams Set Sail" by Kellybell Designs who is actually also here on the Dis (Kellybell). The frames, gosh...I don't know offhand but I think they are from somewhere on this site It is two frames put back to back. The second site is all freebies!
    :thumbsup2

18. 3Leafs

3Leafs DIS Veteran

Great Costumes and Pictures.. Looks like you guys had a blast. Thanks for sharing..

19. That'sNotVeryMagical

That'sNotVeryMagical Mouseketeer

It's not all Disney songs. Last year they were playing Beyonce's "Single Ladies" at the Tomorrowland dance party; and Space Goofy knew the dance. It was hilarious.

We also have a video from the now defunct Fantasyland dance party and they were playing the Smash Mouth version of "I'm A Believer."

20. That'sNotVeryMagical

That'sNotVeryMagical Mouseketeer

Is it the standard popcorn bucket or the one shaped like Mickey?

Also, is that the one on International Drive, or the one on Vineland Avenue?

When I went to the Premium outlet website, both were listed for Orlando. I've searched through some other posts and saw people referring to the "Prime" and the "Premium" outlets. If you go to the general Prime website, the one on International Drive is listed there.

21. MLOVE

MLOVE Earning My Ears

our family is going to disney for the 1st time and have decided to go to the halloween party. i know that doing everything is out of the question but im worried we would not get much. Our must dos are
    7 dwarfs
    mickey and minnie
    daisy and donald
    pooh characters
    fireworks
    parade
    villian show
    and we would like to do some trick or treating
    im thinking we would ride before the party. IS it possible to get all this one night? is it best to do characters early and trick later or do the trick or treating early and do characters later in the evening?