The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Turtle31, Jul 8, 2010.

1. disneyfav4ever

disneyfav4ever No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep

I would cancel, and just eat CS. I would not want to spend that much to go to the party, and then spend that time eating.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. crain

crain Earning My Ears

I just returned from the party on October 3 and had a great time! The lines for the characters were long all night, but the ride lines were super short. One of the highlights that I have not seen mentioned in this thread is Cruella deVil. She is hilariously funny while she is taking photos after the Villians Mix and Mingle. People were just standing listening to her commentary.

One question, what is the name of the character at the Haunted Mansion who sits on a bench and heckles the people entering the ride? She was also very funny!

4. Amirah95

Amirah95 I'm ALLLLLLMOST there!

Did anyone see Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen at the party anywhere?

5. lizlovesdisney

lizlovesdisney Mouseketeer

Look at my ticker! It's almost time! Mickey, here we come!

6. disneyfav4ever

disneyfav4ever No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep

I was at the Studios that day. That storm was horrible.

7. Amirah95

Amirah95 I'm ALLLLLLMOST there!

I think I will have to do that. I don't want to miss the start of the party. And yep, we paid for the tickets and it would be a waste.

8. 3Leafs

3Leafs DIS Veteran

I would have freaked. Glad they didn't hear..

9. Carolwoodpr

Carolwoodpr DIS Veteran

So if I happen to get there and am the first person, where should I start the line? Do I wait by one of the two entrances, or the back wall?

10. MJ6987

MJ6987 DIS Veteran

Quick question - I read that Disney does not allow guests to wear costumes in the park except on the Party nights, so will they let you in the park in a costume if you arrive before the party starts i.e. before 7pm?
    Thanks,
    Matthew:)

11. serene56

serene56 DIS Veteran

[​IMG]

they came out at 12:30- we were second in line with a 5 minute wait.
    Heading into Adventureland-- ariel is there meeting with her Prince but around.
    If you see Ariel-- you walked to far-- go back and turn left and Tiana and Naveen will be right there (unless it rains then they move elsewhere

lots of people showing up with us at 4pm on the night of Sept 21. MANY people without though too.

12. Carolwoodpr

Carolwoodpr DIS Veteran

Send me a message with your address and I will pick up one for you when we go to the party.

I hope you are okay. I am looking at having my pituitary gland out because of a tumor, but will not have surgery until after our trip. I will be taking pain killers while there, but plan on having a fantastic trip.

13. Carolwoodpr

Carolwoodpr DIS Veteran

Put it in your suitcase and fill it with clothing to protect it! It will be safe. That's how I plan on bringing mine home and I have a lot of experience with that.

14. hereyago

hereyago DIS Veteran

Got a ?

When you go get your wristbands for the party, do you just give them-in my case the cards? You don't have to give them the paper they came with or do you?

15. eporter66

eporter66 DIS Veteran & DVC Owner at SSR

My wife booked it today, we will be going on the 19th, I am really excited about this. Now I have to figure out what I want to wear as a costume (something light in case it is hot).

I would love to get the list if you can help me with that, thank you so much for offering!!!

16. eporter66

eporter66 DIS Veteran & DVC Owner at SSR

One more question for everyone.

Do you still plan a regular day at MK? (I know this is everyone's personal opinion). My thinking was if we get there at 4:00, I was hoping we could get the rides in while making sure to catch the parade, headless horseman, a character pic or two, and like I said, a few stops to trick or treat but not much.

If we dont get to hit the rides we want, I am sure we will head back for another full day at MK, but I am being a little selfish with this one :rolleyes1 I would actually like to do 2 days in EPCOT for the F&W Fest (and see two different bands). I just love the F&W fest, it is my absolute favorite event at WDW. I was hoping I could convince the family we should do 2 days there, but we will see.

Thanks everyone - we are really looking forward to MNSSHP, all the tips will certainly come in handy

17. petals

petals Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

You can get in at 4 in costume but your costume may be to warm for that long in the humidity. Mine was getting destroyed so I took it off and got back into shorts and t-shirt til I was lining up for the dwarves at 6.30

I don't know about when you're in the park already but if you're going at 4 they have a seperate entrance for people going to the party and when you go through the gates into the park they give you the wristband there and you don't have to show them anything

Also people that are planning on heading early and want to meet princesses and fairies party days might be a good day to do this if you don't particularly want the princes as well. I went to do the princesses while waiting for the party to start at about 5 and there was a ten minute wait for them and 45 minute for the fairies. The second day I was in magic kingdom on a non party day the wait for princesses was 45 minutes and fairies was 75 minutes.

18. petals

petals Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

It's between peter pan and small world rides and the night I was there they had a sign that said seven dwarves meet here!

19. jlhay

jlhay Mouseketeer

For dwarfs you'll also see the backdrop which includes wagons or wheelbarrows of jewels.

Re Mickey ghost popcorn bucket. It's easy to pack. Ears come off. That's where opening is. And it's two pieces snapped together lengthwise down sides of Mickey so you can unhook them and it lays pretty flat. Mine actually started opening along bottom while it was full of popcorn. Quite a mess in front of Caseys. : )

20. jenscourt

jenscourt Mouseketeer

You just need to use the cards at the gate to get in. You will not need the paper they came with. Have fun!!

21. Queenie122

Queenie122 Mouseketeer

Not sure if this got posted already or not... but they are sold out already! I tried to get one at all four parks and was shut out. An employee said they MIGHT get mroe in Oct 17th but that was a big maybe.

I was so totally bummed as it was the one thing on my wishlist! :sad2: