The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Turtle31, Jul 8, 2010.

1. BigGreen73

BigGreen73 DIS Veteran

It depends on what kind of eaters you are, but I would extimate that you will be out of there by 6:30 the latest. We got in for all our ADR's last week early so you have that too. You are about a 5 min walk or so from the Dwarves meeting area. You shouldn't have any problems getting in line by 6:30-6:35 IMO. The line didn't get huge until 6:45 when we went last week.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. teedee

teedee DIS Veteran

It seems like it's been forever since I've been on here. I got dreadfully sick on my way home from a wonderful trip, got a little better than a lot worse and ended up in the hospital. Not a fun few weeks for me! Anyway I just wanted to let anyone who requested a map know that the last batch have finally been sent out. Anyone who sent me an address should have it within a few days. Sorry it took so long but I was just too sick t do it until now. Today is the first day I've even been online since I was at Disneyworld! I do still have a few left so if there is anyone else who would like one just let me know and I'll make sure I do a better job of getting them out!

Terri

4. OhThePain

OhThePain DIS Veteran

For those of you that do more than 1 MNSSHP, do you plan any other days at MK? Or do you basically cover everything you would want to durring the parties?

5. kwitcherkicken99

kwitcherkicken99 <font color=deeppink>Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEI

Not sure if anyone has come across this yet, but last Tuesday (Sept. 28) it rained (a lot!!!) and so a few of the characters were in modified places.

The ones we saw that WE NOT in their "normal" spot were:
    the Dwarves - instead of the Fantasyland Skyway spot they were under the canopy of the Riverboat (Liberty Belle) landing

Tiana and Naveen were at the END of the Adventure Friends trail.

Once the rain subsided, Tiana and Naveen returned to their gazebo but the Dwarves stayed put at the Riverboat landing.

P.S. - the party was great! Low crowds, good times!

6. kwitcherkicken99

kwitcherkicken99 <font color=deeppink>Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEI

MNSSHP was a whole other beast. We took 2 days at MK plus the party - we still didn't cover it all.

7. BigGreen73

BigGreen73 DIS Veteran

We did MK the same day that we did the parties and we saw quite a few people sho did the same.

We did 9am-Mid on 09/21 and 8am-Mid on 09/23 at MK. It was awesome front start to finish. Lowe crowds and the parties were great!! We got everything plus some done those days!:banana:

8. lizlovesdisney

lizlovesdisney Mouseketeer

I am SO excited for the party! Will the day ever get here?! We leave in 5 days! I just hope I can stay awake the night of the party!:rotfl:

9. onnawufei

onnawufei The Girl With the Ninja Turtle Tattoo

We're doing two parties but we're using both those days as MK days so we can make sure to do everything we want.

10. Chelley00

Chelley00 DIS Veteran

We do mornings at MK on party days, leave no later than noon for lunch, a rest/nap, and then change head head back around 4-5pm for the party. Usually for the parties we are more focused on party things with a few rides thrown in here and there. In the mornings, we can do nothing but rides so we have those out of the way before the party.

11. december

december DIS Veteran

OMG-so glad you are better. I was thinking about the map this week, and was getting ready to accuse dh of throwing it out with junkmail!:rotfl: But we've had sick kids (ds13 has a concussion from football and is pretty much on bedrest) so I've been a little distracted.....Thank you so much!

12. petals

petals Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Haven't read back so this might have been said already but I read that Mercant of Venus in Tomorrowland was going to be headquarters for MNSSHP merchandise it wasn't. There is however a shop in Liberty Square with alot of halloween stuff so I'm guessing it was there.

We got in at 4 in costume so don't have to wait til 7

When I met Mickey and Minnie they were in Princess and Pirate/Prince combo.

Where timon, abu, king louie etc meet in adventureland they have loads of candy CM said that they hadn't been busy the night we were there and didn't think people knew they were in there at all!

Also we did see some people try to sneek their way into the party. They were in front of us in the Dwarves line... They kept trying to hide behind others as CM'S were checking wristbands but eventually cm copped on and told them to pay or leave so they got the cm to go get the tickets while they waited in line for dwarves.

13. serene56

serene56 DIS Veteran

For us-- at the party we were able to knock out Tomorrowland and Fantasyland for our touring plans.
    We had an ADR for Ohana for 10:30 so we used a days tickets to get FP for Space mountain and returned after breakfast for Buzz light year. Didnt need either of those FP as both those rides had a 5 minute stand by. bUZZ Lightyear was out but his line was closing so he could get ready for the party.

We waited til after the 2nd parade to do the rides in Fantasy land and everything there was walkon

14. BigGreen73

BigGreen73 DIS Veteran

This is why you need to line up for the 7 Dwarfs by 6:30pm, by 6:50pm the line looked like this!!:scared1:

[​IMG]

15. blondietink

blondietink DIS Veteran

Finally decided today to go to MNNSHP on Tuesday the 19th instead of Friday the 22nd. So, our week will look like this:

Sunday the 17th arrive via auto-train, go to DTD and get TIW card, go to CR to view the MNNSHP fireworks and Electrical Water pagent. Or I could just walk to MK from CR and ge the TIW card there.

Monday: 8:00 ADR at CP for breakfast 1 hour before park opens. Stay until after 3:00 parade. Monorail to Epcot to eat at F&WF booths. Haunted Carriage ride at 8pm @ FW and maybe go over to WL after to view Wishes

Tuesday: Epcot in AM with lunching around the Food & Wine fest then rest and go to MNNSHP!:cool1: We will be Mary Poppins with 3 chimney sweeps.

Wednesday: HS or AK, Wishes at MK & Main Street electrical parade

Thursday: MK in am then Breakfast ADR at 1900 Park Fare @ 11 am. over to HS for Parade in pm & Fantasmic @ HS

Friday: Epcot day and watch Illuminations

Saturday: See whatever we missed or want to see again!

Sunday: start to drive home. :sad1:

Staying off-site this time at Sheraton Vistana Villages, so can't take advantage of any extra magic hours.

16. freecia

freecia Mouseketeer

Will they ship the Ghost Mickey popcorn bucket? I know, such a strange thing to ask from a food stand but it is 10" tall and I would rather not tote it about all night.

Or can they send it to a Disney resort gift shop at least? Maybe Guest Relations could do this...

17. tlh0726

tlh0726 DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear this :sad1:
    Hope you keep feeling better :flower3:

18. BigTikiDaddy

BigTikiDaddy DIS Dad #574

Actually, the parties fell on both days that we planned to go to MK anyways, so it kinda worked out that way. I want to cover pretty much everything I want to do outside of the parties, and use the parties to enjoy what they have to offer. We have one other night planned at MK in order to catch Wishes and MSEP.

19. AliceinMaryland

AliceinMaryland Mouseketeer

What kind of music should we expect at the dance parties? Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers or is it more along the lines of Slayer, Metallica and maybe some Ozzy. :laughing: Just kidding but this is a real question. Is it all Disney songs??

20. chloelovesdisney

chloelovesdisney DIS Veteran

Oh, good question. I didn't think of that.

21. BigGreen73

BigGreen73 DIS Veteran

It is mostly Disney music from what I know but they are playing "other" Halloween and dance music as well. When walking through Adventureland etc, they were playing Guns N Roses songs. Yup, GNR. It was very cool. They played other rock songs as well, but I cannot remember the bands but it was all good.