The New *Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyParrothead said:
Kind of funny you had to travel up here for one. I had the devil of a time finding a 10k last year that I could use to submit for this year's Princess. I've found the same as others have mentioned: tons of 5k races but not a whole of 10ks. :confused3

I ran the hotcake hustle. It wasn't pretty, but I had a time to submit.

http://www.runproject.org/.

DisneyParrothead said:
Kind of funny you had to travel up here for one. I had the devil of a time finding a 10k last year that I could use to submit for this year's Princess. I've found the same as others have mentioned: tons of 5k races but not a whole of 10ks. :confused3

I went to Dallas just a couple of weeks ago for the Tour de Fleurs 10k...it was a really great race, very organized!!! And what a beautiful setting...the Dallas Arboretum and a nice lake...not sure what the lake was called though. We were bummed that we really didn't have much time to spend there post race, it was gorgeous out there. I'd go back to Dallas for that one next year if I needed a 10k during that time for whatever reason. Also, Blue Bell hosts a 10k every year in Brenham in april. It's SUPER hilly, but all you can eat Blue Bell afterwards! I booked my room for next year's race yesterday. :). I've done the Trafigura 10k here in Houston too...usually held first part of December, if you wanted to come down to H-town :)

Looking for suggestions:
What is your favorite running pouch?

I tried several different belt style pouches and none worked for me (though I will give a HUGE kudos to the iFitness folks, they were WAY above and beyond working with me trying to get a belt that worked for me, sending me a couple of different styles and asking for me to take pics and send them to them for analysis) I'm 5'1" and apparently my leg joint at my hip just doesn't allow for enough space for the things to stay low at the hips on me - they all ride right up to my waist and frustrate me and cause chafing.

Anyway, what DOES work for me is the Amphipod clip on pouches. I have the Lock On Micropack Smartview for my Android phone. I have to ensure that any running shorts or pants have a drawstring that I can tie tight, but once I do that I'm all set :thumbsup2 I wear my phone at the center of my back and then use a bluetooth headset. It fits my ID and a few bucks as well.

For water I use the Nathan Sprint, and recently got a Sprint Plus with the zip up pouch, which allows me to stash my energy gummies in there instead of jamming them in my waistband or under my bra strap at my shoulder. I love it!

Exactly!!!! I think I have runner's ADD.:hyper: LOL!! I need it broken up into little bits to keep from getting bored. Run, run, run....oooooh a Princess!!!!...run, run....ooooh a castle!!! Hey, there's my kids, better smile!!...run, run...hmmm, any characters? No? Maybe I should look at my phone...oooh, run time? Hmmm, okay...finish line yet? No? Hmm...run, run...hey it's Tinkerbell!!!...Hey, *I'M* Tinkerbell!! YES! I love today!!! Wait, I'm tired and my legs hurt...are we there yet?...:hyper:

I can't see myself ever doing a full marathon, but then again, I never thought I'd do a half either and I'm already planning Princess '13, Tink '14 and W&D '14 so I guess anything could happen. :confused3

I also understand and used to be the same way. :rotfl:

I have to say I'm much better now since my running, either on the tread mill or at the track, seems to be the only time I have to myself. You know .....a much needed and well deserved break from our wonderful mouseketeer and my husband. I guess my running has turned into "ME TIME" and I can get a little unhappy if I don't put some miles in during the week.

I also understand and used to be the same way. :rotfl:

I have to say I'm much better now since my running, either on the tread mill or at the track, seems to be the only time I have to myself. You know .....a much needed and well deserved break from our wonderful mouseketeer and my husband. I guess my running has turned into "ME TIME" and I can get a little unhappy if I don't put some miles in during the week.

I do enjoy that aspect of it and I always count that as the #1 reason to run (especially outside because inside there are still too many distractions). Between my job, kids and life, it's so rare that no one is bugging me. I love that about running. I jokingly (sort of!) say that I am running away from it all. Only dummy me, I always come back. :laughing:

Does anyone here know if I can have two bid numbers on the same CD from brightroom and how I would do that if it is possible? I really want the CD but I ran with my sister and would love to have her pictures on it as well.

Thanks!

Hey everyone! :wave2:

I'm late to the thread here apparently but I'm joining in on the fun!

I registered last night just before the increase and so look out Florida - here I come! :thumbsup2

Actually Longhorns2 made me do it! :lmao:

I'm doing Tink in Jan so this will give me my C2C! :cheer2:

So....what have I missed? Is there a Cliff's Notes version of the first 161 pages of this thread? LOL!

I'm doing the Hot Chocolate 15K in November and hoping that gives me a good enough time to get a good corral. I don't expect to be in the front, but I am just hoping to avoid trampling or being trampled.

I'm considering doing that one as well. Mainly because I've had a conflict every year in the past and I really want that Hot Chocolate hoodie :) If I decide to run it, I'll give you a holler if you want to meet. I'd be wearing the tiara visor!

I'm considering doing that one as well. Mainly because I've had a conflict every year in the past and I really want that Hot Chocolate hoodie :) If I decide to run it, I'll give you a holler if you want to meet. I'd be wearing the tiara visor!

Let me know! DH and I already signed up so we will for sure be there. I can't wait to see that visor!!

Does anyone here know if I can have two bid numbers on the same CD from brightroom and how I would do that if it is possible? I really want the CD but I ran with my sister and would love to have her pictures on it as well.

Thanks!

They are pretty picky about you having to be in the picture if you order it on your CD. It can be just a part of your body but you need to physically be in it or you can't get it on your CD. They will tag you by bib and if you find yourself in the Lost & Found or someone else's pictures, you have to call or email them to add those to your gallery and then you buy the CD. So it probably depends on how diligent the person is who gets your call, but they are not supposed to add them if you aren't in it somewhere.

Let me know! DH and I already signed up so we will for sure be there. I can't wait to see that visor!!

Here's the visor just in case we don't meet up :)
http://shop.runningprincess.com/RUNNING-PRINCESS-TIARA-VISOR-TV-108.htm

I think I'll be experimenting to wear a costume tiara for the 1/2, but I got this to keep me going through training. Who knows...still plenty of time to think about hair! Any suggestions about affixing tiara's are welcome though, since this is the best place to discuss such topics :goodvibes

By the way, for all y'all racking up the miles with smart phones. There is a free app out there called "Charity Miles" that I heard about last weekend and I'm going to start using. This is their description below. If you're not sure which charity to pick, I recommend the Global Fund to Fight AIDS TB and Malaria (I'm a global poverty activist and I know this to be an incredibly effective organization), but all of them are very worthwhile charities. I mean, you're running anyway, right? Might as well save lives, too ;)

"Charity Miles is an iPhone/Android app that empowers you to earn corporate sponsorships for charity by walking, running or biking. Just choose a charity and press start. As you walk, run or bike, the app tracks your distance and you earn money for your charity. Bikers earn 10¢ per mile; walkers and runners earn 25¢ per mile, all up to our initial $1,000,000 sponsorship pool. And this is just the beginning. As you walk, run or bike with Charity Miles, you also help us attract more sponsors to increase our sponsorship pool for everyone. So please join the movement. And please invite your friends. Because changing the world is a team sport!"

Here's the visor just in case we don't meet up :)
http://shop.runningprincess.com/RUNNING-PRINCESS-TIARA-VISOR-TV-108.htm

I think I'll be experimenting to wear a costume tiara for the 1/2, but I got this to keep me going through training. Who knows...still plenty of time to think about hair! Any suggestions about affixing tiara's are welcome though, since this is the best place to discuss such topics :goodvibes

Cute!!!

I wore a tiara for a 5K a few years ago. Actually, I ran it in full make-up, a tiara and carried an evening bag. :rotfl2: Some friends didn't think I would show because I hadn't bought new running shoes since having 3 kids and didn't get around to it until about 2 weeks before the run. It wasn't my best time, but my make-up was still flawless at the end. LOL!!!

I actually just wore the one from my wedding. It has combs that stick it in your hair. It was no problem at all.

When you are planning your costume, do you think about how comfortable it is on a long run??? I'm thinking of just wearing a tutu and a tiara, but I'm nervous about the tutu moving around and up and down while running, and the tiara giving me a head ache on the way.
Do you have any ideas on how to avoid this?

the_princess said:
When you are planning your costume, do you think about how comfortable it is on a long run??? I'm thinking of just wearing a tutu and a tiara, but I'm nervous about the tutu moving around and up and down while running, and the tiara giving me a head ache on the way.
Do you have any ideas on how to avoid this?

It's advised to do at least one long-ish run in your race day attire to make sure you aren't going to need to make any adjustments. Your neighbors may think you have lost it though :)

It's advised to do at least one long-ish run in your race day attire to make sure you aren't going to need to make any adjustments. Your neighbors may think you have lost it though :)

People will think i'm completely crazy :rotfl2: I think I might have to run very late at night!

My Maleficent headband is here. It's amazing, but I'm not sure how well it's going to work for my costume. I'm probably going to have to tweak it, and tons of bobby pins will be needed, for sure.

Good morning! Asking for 2 things - today is Princess SaySay's birthday (Julie!) so happy wishes for her. Also, sadly, today is the day her beloved BIL is having surgery as part of his cancer treatment. So send up prayers, good thoughts, vibes, whatever for Phil to honor Julie's birthday! Thanks, friends!

Great post-- Maybe-- just watch where you throw that cup of water? ;)

Oooo - good one! I had someone throw a cup of water down right in front of me. Nothing like a wet sock in the first few miles of a half marathon!

It's the same here in Austin. Tons of 5ks, fair amount of halves even. But timed 10ks are rare! We do one huge one (think 40k runners) and then nothing ... It's crazy. There is one in October I found that I'm running for time, but I traveled to Dallas last year for my 10k. (Hoping to improve on that time!)

Seriously! I don't get it. In the hot south, fall is the PERFECT time for 10K's. However, the only one I can find around here is on Tgvg morning, so I'll be doing that. Everything else is 5K's - what's the deal?!?!

I signed up for Hot Chocolate 15K partly to get a time for the Princess and partly because I am hoping the chocolate at the end provides enough incentive to go go go!!!! And the goodie bag is an awesome hoodie plus all the chocolate you can eat (or carry).

Our local one for this is in January and I think I'm doing it. It'll be a good distance for right before the Princess and, well, I am a sucker for that hoodie!

Exactly!!!! I think I have runner's ADD.:hyper: LOL!! I need it broken up into little bits to keep from getting bored. Run, run, run....oooooh a Princess!!!!...run, run....ooooh a castle!!! Hey, there's my kids, better smile!!...run, run...hmmm, any characters? No? Maybe I should look at my phone...oooh, run time? Hmmm, okay...finish line yet? No? Hmm...run, run...hey it's Tinkerbell!!!...Hey, *I'M* Tinkerbell!! YES! I love today!!! Wait, I'm tired and my legs hurt...are we there yet?...:hyper:

I can't see myself ever doing a full marathon, but then again, I never thought I'd do a half either and I'm already planning Princess '13, Tink '14 and W&D '14 so I guess anything could happen. :confused3

You know, as long as I have the ipod, I'm good. On shorter distances, I kinda feel like I'm JUST getting into my groove, and then it's over. On longer distances I can zone out and just kind of get into my head for a while - not as scary as that might sound!:crazy2: And the Publix Half last spring was neat b/c it wound through lots of really nice parts of Atlanta, so it was pretty cool to see areas that I don't get to a lot. I don't however, ever see me doing a full marathon. For a first time it would probably take me around 5 hours and there are very few things I can think of that I want to do 5 hours straight! I agree with Patty - the only way I can see myself doing a full would be at WDW so I could run through all 4 parks. And that would take me WAAAAAY more than 5 hours b/c I am ALL ABOUT the pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter