The *NEW* Coronado Springs FAQ Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again for the info Buzz!

Do adults ride the water slide at the Dig Site? I would LOVE to go on it but don't want to look stupid!:rotfl2:

How are the water temps at the Dig Site and quiet pools in Nov? I know WDW pools are heated, but just wondered if anyone thought the pools were cool at that time of year. It's the old "I'm always cold, he's always hot" syndrome. DH says I need a heat rock (what does he think I married him for :confused3 :lmao: ) and he enjoys the pool when it is cooler. We will be getting in later on our first night, so we'll probably settle in and maybe check out the Dig Site since our internal clocks will still be on AZ time.

Yes, adults do ride the water slide. My kids made me go down several times...but it was fun, so I didn't really mind. ;) Lots of adults were going down the slide when we were there. :banana:

Familyof6 :grouphug:

How are the water temps at the Dig Site and quiet pools in Nov? I know WDW pools are heated, but just wondered if anyone thought the pools were cool at that time of year. It's the old "I'm always cold, he's always hot" syndrome. DH says I need a heat rock (what does he think I married him for :confused3 :lmao: ) and he enjoys the pool when it is cooler. We will be getting in later on our first night, so we'll probably settle in and maybe check out the Dig Site since our internal clocks will still be on AZ time.
I went in WDW in November only once but the weather was just as hot as it was in May. The water was perfect and the pools are heated to 80º. No matter the time of year I've gone to WDW, they always say it's usually not this hot this time of year.

Hi Buzz will the coronado be included in the 2008 ddp?
They are only giving free dining for us in the uk for moderate resorts.
it would seem strange to have to book a resort that did not participate in the ddp.

I had to cancel my trip to CSR for next week. I am extremely disappointed and I don't think I can plan to get down there for at least another year. I did cancel nine very nice dining reservations this morning. I hope all of you going to CSR in Sept. have a great time and it isn't too oppressively hot and humid (and those bloody jewelry conventioneers behave themselves this year!).

Portie

We are staying at CSR in Nov. :banana: :banana: :banana: and
I am considering swithching an ADR from Kona to Maya. :scared:

This would be our rest in/ downtown day and think it might be nice to have less travel around the world on this day.:rolleyes1

I have read such great reviews on Kona but can't find that many on Maya. :confused3

What would you do? :confused:

Thanks

This is the error message I get when I try to access Buzz's page-

This error (HTTP 501 Not Implemented or HTTP 505 Version Not Supported) means that the website you are visiting doesn't currently have the ability to display the webpage, or support the HTTP version used to request the page.

:confused3

Hi Buzz will the coronado be included in the 2008 ddp?
They are only giving free dining for us in the uk for moderate resorts.
it would seem strange to have to book a resort that did not participate in the ddp.
I hope so. Many WDW locations are still negotiating. CSR was added late to the process last year too.

I had to cancel my trip to CSR for next week. I am extremely disappointed and I don't think I can plan to get down there for at least another year. I did cancel nine very nice dining reservations this morning. I hope all of you going to CSR in Sept. have a great time and it isn't too oppressively hot and humid (and those bloody jewelry conventioneers behave themselves this year!).

Portie
Sorry to hear that. I hope everything is okay with you and your family.

This is the error message I get when I try to access Buzz's page-

This error (HTTP 501 Not Implemented or HTTP 505 Version Not Supported) means that the website you are visiting doesn't currently have the ability to display the webpage, or support the HTTP version used to request the page.

:confused3
I see that from other DIS'ers occasionally but not sure if they ever resolve it. Are you using an up to date browser? Are you from the US? Which browser do you use? IE or Firefox?

Portie
Sorry to hear - hope all is well:goodvibes ...we are heading down next weekend, and yes, a bit worried about the hot and humid weather this year....I'm sure we'll manage...I'm still hunting for those misting fans but all of the summer clearance items are pretty well picked over:confused:

Are there any little tips for CSR? For example, at AKL people mention trying the Zebra Domes and how great Boma is. I don't recall hearing anything about specifics for CSR. Anything I MUST DO while there?

It will be my first stay at this resort in Nov.

Are there any little tips for CSR? For example, at AKL people mention trying the Zebra Domes and how great Boma is. I don't recall hearing anything about specifics for CSR. Anything I MUST DO while there?

It will be my first stay at this resort in Nov.

My don't misses: water slide at the Dig Site pool and counter-service prime rib at Pepper Market (Friday night I believe).

Must do...
Ride the jaguar slide at Dig Site pool (adults too!)
Relax in a hammock along the Cabanas beach
Check out the theming of the other villages
Try the wet burrito at Pepper Market!

Find the two hidden Mickeys at the Dig site pool! ;)

(this is from my dd8) Find the lion fountain and as you walk by, put your hand into the spray from each lion and swish your hand one deep swoop at the end. (She did this EVERY TIME she walked by this fountain) :rotfl2:

Ditto on the Jaguar slide...it looks tame..but fun. :goodvibes

Two words...HOT TUB! (hint, if you sit in a corner where there are two jets, put your arms out on the sides and just float...with your head back in the water, just resting on the cement edge...you'll get a thouroughly relaxing experience! ) :thumbsup2

Familyof6 :grouphug:

I have a question for your CSR experts:

I am planning next year's trip already and there will be 5 of us enjoying our disney vacation- I am taking my mom for her first time. I would like to stay at CSR once again. I was looking at the junior suite prices but found that reserving 2 rooms would be cheaper. I would like to know if they have connecting or adjoining (not sure of what they are- the kind with the door inside that connects the 2 rooms) at this resort??

I was doing some math. It would be only about 285 dollars cheaper to stay in 2 rooms that book a junior suite. I think I can splurge for that money plus like the idea of having my mom in the same place as I. So what buildings are the suites located in- I thought I read somewhere they are in the Casistas section, that would be just great.

I was doing some math. It would be only about 285 dollars cheaper to stay in 2 rooms that book a junior suite. I think I can splurge for that money plus like the idea of having my mom in the same place as I. So what buildings are the suites located in- I thought I read somewhere they are in the Casitas section, that would be just great.
All the suites are in the casitas except for two, one in cabana 8b and one in cabana 9b.

Photos of a junior suite - king bed. Casita 3

vmu2af.jpg

vmu3qt.jpg

vmu42h.jpg

CD ALARM CLOCK
vmu494.jpg

View from front door
vmu4jn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter