• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *NEW* Coronado Springs FAQ Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi going to the CSR this weekend don't know if I'll have time to go thru the whole thread. Here's the question which building should I request if

1] I'm getting lake view

2] I will have a car.

3] It will be DH,Me,DD5 and DS 18months.

4] Don't mind getting in the car to go eat even if it's just at the Peppermarket.

5] Don't want to get in the car all wet from the pool.

So I guess it's great view and close to the pool. :lmao: .

I went a couple of years ago and had room 5412 in the casitas my view was great. I did have to walk a little from the pool. Never did make it to the market. This time i'm going to have to kids with me. And a am a couple of years older:rotfl2: . Thanks for all your suggestions.:flower3:

GlendaO....Lots of grassy banks around the lake for fishing. When are you going? I'll leave my pole for you! :)

1] I'm getting lake view. You are probably getting a waterview room which at WDW can mean a view of any body of water including fountains, quiet pools, rivers and the two lakes at CSR. I would request a cabana room.

2] I will have a car. Not really needed since CSR has the best transportation of all the resorts in my opinion.

3] It will be DH,Me,DD5 and DS 18months.

4] Don't mind getting in the car to go eat even if it's just at the Peppermarket. If you end up in the ranchos, you may want to drive to the main building since your kids are very young.

5] Don't want to get in the car all wet from the pool. You can not drive to the pool. It is in the middle of the resort. The closest place to park if you had to drive wold be in the parking lot between casita 5 and rancho 6a.

So I guess it's great view and close to the pool. :lmao: . Request cabana 8a.

Thanks Buzz. I know about what water view can mean but the cm said lake view. I'm beginning to think the Disers know more then some CM's:lmao: . I love your web page. Can I get a picture and use it as my wallpaper? Oh and can u see any fireworks on the grounds? I thought I saw a picture with fire works very visible in the back ground. Thanks again. Bye the way you helped me out last time I went also.:thumbsup2

Getting closer to our stay at CSR! I feel like I know it already from all the shared info on this thread.:thumbsup2

We requested Cabanas 8A or 9B...and lots of sunshine!:cool1:

Thanks Buzz. I know about what water view can mean but the cm said lake view. I'm beginning to think the Disers know more then some CM's:lmao: . I love your web page. Can I get a picture and use it as my wallpaper? Oh and can u see any fireworks on the grounds? I thought I saw a picture with fire works very visible in the back ground. Thanks again. Bye the way you helped me out last time I went also.:thumbsup2
You can see high ones from Illuminations and Fantasmic. Good spots are casita 4 or 5 on the higher floors or on the path near the main building.

Yes, you can use a pic for a wallpaper.

First a question...
Is there a bus that will go to Universal from the hotel? (DF LOVES rollercoasters)

Second...could you recommend a room/building for two adults?

Thanks!

Yesterday I changed our reservations for Contemporary this November to CSR. We're going with another couple, and changing both reservations saved over $1700! That's enough money to make a convincing argument to switch!

I've seen a couple great threads with photos, and I'm going to dig through this thread to look at some Christmas photos to start getting excited about the trip and the resort.

What would be a good request if we want a formerly non-smoking room that's close to Pepper Market and the bus stops? We're not that concerned about being close to the pool, although it would be a nice extra. We're more concerned about it being quiet, though, since it's just adults on the trip.

Thanks for advice, and for this informative thread! :)

Is there a bus that will go to Universal from the hotel? (DF LOVES rollercoasters) No, but there are taxi's. You have to go to the TTC to get the bus for Universal.

Second...could you recommend a room/building for two adults? Here are some good building choices.

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge. (Most convenient location and most preferred)

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building. (Closest to the Pool)

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above. 9a has a quiet pool (and is the old smoking optional building).

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views but you will have to walk or ride the internal shuttle to get to the pool.

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building. Close to bus stop #2.

Yesterday I changed our reservations for Contemporary this November to CSR. We're going with another couple, and changing both reservations saved over $1700! That's enough money to make a convincing argument to switch!

I've seen a couple great threads with photos, and I'm going to dig through this thread to look at some Christmas photos to start getting excited about the trip and the resort.

What would be a good request if we want a formerly non-smoking room that's close to Pepper Market and the bus stops? We're not that concerned about being close to the pool, although it would be a nice extra. We're more concerned about it being quiet, though, since it's just adults on the trip.

Thanks for advice, and for this informative thread! :)
Here a some good building choices.

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge. Most convenient location and most preferred)

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building. (Closest to the Pool)

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above. 9a has a quiet pool (and is the old smoking optional building).

Casita 1 is attached to the main building on the end closest to the Pepper Market.

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views.

Buzz, we are leaving tommorrow for CSR and we were thinking about bringing an air mattress with us for DS14 so he does'nt need to share a bed with DS16 I remember seeing you post a picture on this thread from when you this on a trip but I can't seem to find it on this thread would it be possible for you to post it again. I also wanted to thank you for all the info on CSR we are staying there because of your site, and for all the questions you answer. Linda :goodvibes

Buzz, we are leaving tommorrow for CSR and we were thinking about bringing an air mattress with us for DS14 so he does'nt need to share a bed with DS16 I remember seeing you post a picture on this thread from when you this on a trip but I can't seem to find it on this thread would it be possible for you to post it again. I also wanted to thank you for all the info on CSR we are staying there because of your site, and for all the questions you answer. Linda :goodvibes
It's on page 4 or 5 of this thread. Also, I used a roll-a-way but an air mattress would definitely fit between the beds or by the door. Have fun!

Hi. We are booked at CSR for Sept 7-15 and have been counting down the days. Unfortunately I had to have emergecy surgery last week for a broken leg and am now hesitant about going as I do not want to be a burden to anyone. I have gone through several threads but am looking for personal experiences to anyone who has gone to WDW with mobility problems.

Some concerns relate to getting around CSR as everyone talks about how large the resort is (first time staying there), transportation (should we attempt the buses or take a cab everywhere), should I rent an ECV at Disney or from an offsite company, and how much of an issue am I going to have going to various restaurants etc.

Please be honest as everyone here thinks I am crazy for even thinking of going.

:cool1:

Buzz, was this a rollaway bed that you rented? If so, do you have to call to make reservations since the online reservation will not allow you to have 5 in a room? Thanks for the info.

Hi. We are booked at CSR for Sept 7-15 and have been counting down the days. Unfortunately I had to have emergecy surgery last week for a broken leg and am now hesitant about going as I do not want to be a burden to anyone. I have gone through several threads but am looking for personal experiences to anyone who has gone to WDW with mobility problems.

Some concerns relate to getting around CSR as everyone talks about how large the resort is (first time staying there), transportation (should we attempt the buses or take a cab everywhere), should I rent an ECV at Disney or from an offsite company, and how much of an issue am I going to have going to various restaurants etc.

I think you should go and roll around in a wheel chair. Don't let a broken leg stop you! Unless you are going by yourself with children, I would wait. But if someone can help assist you, then I would still go. The cast members seem to be very helpful. Plus you can be the first one on buses.

I hope your leg gets better soon!:grouphug:

Better to be at WDW with a broken leg than at home with a broken leg! ;) I think if you rent an ECV from on offsite company, you can use it at the resort as well as the parks. I am not sure, but I think Disney ECVs might be park specific. You might post on the Disabilities board to see what your options are.

Not sure how many are in your group, but if it were me, I would rather go along even if I spent days relaxing at the pool and catching up with my family at night if you feel that touring would be too much for you. There are so many people at WDW with wheelchairs and ECVs (some with permanent disabilities, but also some with temporary like broken legs). You should be able to get a Guest Assistance Card to help you negotiate the lines (and maybe bypass them altogether), and the buses can handle wheelchairs and I assume ECVs as well.

Have a great trip!

I think you'd be fine on the buses. The buses have a ramp that makes it easy for wheelchairs and ECV's to drive right on. There is special space, and they clamp the chair so you're safe. The ramp folds up, and then folds out again when you're ready to leave. The bus drivers were very kind, courteous and professional as they helped guests in wheelchairs board and leave. You'll probably want to visit the disability board, they have great tips and suggestions for dealing with all kinds of disabilities, including temporary ones. Finally, I'd want to let the resort know. Whatever they can do to make your visit easier would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter