The *NEW* Coronado Springs FAQ Thread (Part II)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Buzz2001, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

CSR only has one hot tub located at the main pool area. It is the largest hot tub on WDW property. You can see pics on my website below.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Most cabana rooms are considered "preferred" because they have waterviews. But it is not impossible to get one. The cabana section also has the least amount amount of rooms compared with the ranchos and casitas sections.

4. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

When I booked the CM told me that since we are a family of 5 (3 kids are 14, 12, 4) we would need to book 2 rooms that are connecting. I read about a roll-away so was wondering if indeed we do need two rooms. yes, because you can only have four in a room. Roll-a-way beds cost $16.71 per night. You can also bring your own aero bed.

Anyway, more space is better. They guarantee that we will have connecting rooms. Are we more likely to be put in a specific area of the resort because of this? 50% of all the rooms at CSR are adjoining.

I'd like to be close to the bus stop, Pepper Market, and a pool (quiet or the dig site.) Looks like the Cabanas would be a good choice for a request, unless you can direct me otherwise. Here are a few good building choices.

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge. Most convenient location and most preferred.

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building. (Closest to the Pool)

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above. 9a has a quiet pool (and is the old smoking optional building).

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views but you will have to walk or ride the internal shuttle to get to the pool.

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building. It is close to bus stop #2.

5. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Welcome back! Thanks for sharing!!

6. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Jr suites are located on all floors of the casita section. Not sure about the two in the cabanas.

7. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Jr suites are located on all floors of the casita buildings. Not sure about the ones in the cabana section. All buildings have elevators though.

8. snowbell

snowbell DIS Veteran

I originally requested a casita room for this trip and after reading this thread I wanted to move to the cabanas. When I got to Coronado Springs on Friday night -- They of course accommodated my requested for Casitas 4 :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
    I spoke to the front desk and they were kind enough to move me to Cabana 9A. It was that simple. I am sure during extremely busy times, it is hard to get your request, but prior to my visit, I sent a fax to the hotel indicating what I wanted... and a week ago, I wanted the casitas... :rotfl2:

as for the hot tub - there is only a hot tub at the dig site. -- but if you want quiet - and are going during the hotter months - the quiet pool is probably more refreshing.. (that hot tub is HOT! :rotfl: )

9. snowbell

snowbell DIS Veteran

Buzz -- Thanks for the great recommendations- you made my vacation that much more magical..

And for all of you that are concerned about the former smoking section in 9A - Rest assured - I could not smell a thing and I have been told that I have an extremely sensitive sense to smell... :rotfl:

Did I mention how amazing the pillows were... :hippie:

10. nittanyliongirl02

nittanyliongirl02 DIS Veteran

Snowbell (a fellow Jersey girl), you've gotten me even more excited for CSR!! I put my request in tonight for the Cabanas, and made an ADR for Maya! Can't wait....:rotfl:

11. lustergirl

lustergirl DIS Veteran

Ditto here. I put in a request for Cabana 9B and made a breakfast ressie at Maya!!

12. winniethepoohsmom

winniethepoohsmom DIS Veteran

We also just returned from CSR, thanks buzz for all the advice we loved it and already booked it again for next Aug/Sept. We also stayed in the Cabanas 9A, what a great location not far from El Centro or the digsite and we loved the quiet pool for a quick dip, after the parks. My DH threw in some laundry and sat by the quiet pool and read the newspaper which he got right at the machine by the laundry room, there are also bathrooms at the quiet pool and the pools were open till 12 am. We enjoyed dinner at the Maya grill and lunch at the pepper market. The food at the poolside snackbar was just okay, but more convenient than drying off and going into the foodcourt like the values, and plenty of tables for eating and plenty of poolside chairs. A couple of times we caught a ride on the courtesy shuttles they have riding around the main walkways. Everyone was very friendly and helpful with any questions we had. It's a very peaceful and relaxing resort even during the labor day weekend. We can't wait to return. :) Linda

13. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Welcome back! Thanks for posting a review!!

14. keithfanascar

keithfanascar Earning My Ears

:banana: We are arriving the 7th at about 8pm. Has the crowds thinned down from Labor Day. Any information please..

15. winniethepoohsmom

winniethepoohsmom DIS Veteran

The crowds dropped down the day after labor day, many people checked out on labor day we spent the day at the dig site pool and it was very quiet, we spoke with a couple of people on the plane trip home and they had gone into MK on Tuesday and were'nt even using the fastpass because the lines were only about 10 minutes. We were in MK on Sat. and I saw stand by times at 30 minutes at the most, I thought that was pretty good for a holiday weekend but Monday we went to Epcot and Soarin was 60 minutes stand by. You are going at a great time by today and tommorrow most States will be back in school, if they were'nt already. CSR never felt crowded even when the hotel was sold out last weekend. Enjoy your trip. :) Linda

16. EpcotLove

EpcotLove "To a new day, we go on"

Well this is very nice to hear! My trip is on Monday, I will be staying at CSR for the first time, I am very excited. We almost had to cancel our trip, so we are even happier that we can still go! :woohoo:

17. hmillerbarilla

hmillerbarilla DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!:wave2: I'm a huge CBR fan but really looking to stay somewhere else next year and thought I'd give the CSR a try. :) I've checked out all the pics and it looks GREAT! I'm hoping to book the bounceback dining promo they have going now since I'll be at CBR in 4 days and I'll book the CSR for next Sept. :thumbsup2
    Are the photos on the DIS of the rooms current? I'm just wondering if any one else has taken recent pics of the rooms. Also, the Casitas look just stunning at night. Does anyone have pics of the Cabanas at night?:confused:

Thanks Buzz for all the info on this thread & your site. Great work!:yay:

18. Familyof6

Familyof6 Mouseketeer

I have a few of shots of our room from our trip in August. We were in Casitas #3.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are many other photos in other posts.

CSR is a very nice place, to say the least.

Familyof6 :grouphug:

19. hmillerbarilla

hmillerbarilla DIS Veteran

Thank you Familyof6! Looks great. I can't wait to check it out! I'm going to try to stop by & see the resort for a bit while we're in the world. Thanks for the pics--that was nice!!!

20. Lilolvr

Lilolvr DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing!

21. Nanisashi

Nanisashi Earning My Ears

Hi there! We are starting to plan a trip to CSR! We are thinking of going during offpeak maybe - Beginning of Oct'08, or 1st week of Nov 08, or the 1st week of Dec'08. We are leaning towards 1st week of Dec. because DD would be turning 6 on Dec 5th. Out of these three options which would you choose? Also, what is the best strategy to getting the building you want? We stayed at the POR in May and I had requested a certain section months in advance and didn't end up getting it. Any pointers? Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.