The most annoying or aggravating thing you see at WDW.....get your flames ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother had to use an ECV because she has a degenerative disease of her back. She's overweight because of this horrific arthritic pain that keeps her from sleeping, or doing simple things like playing with my daughter. At home, she doesn't have a scooter, but when we were going to Disney, we needed one so she could enjoy her time. The problem I have with your post is how do you determine who *looks* disabled and who really is. If you don't talk to my mom, you'd probably never know from seeing her in the ECV the horrible time she's had in the past twenty plus years. I felt very self-conscious about boarding the busses before others when they loaded her first, all those people waiting in line for so long. The reason I felt that way is because of people like you who pass judgement without really *getting* it. She had to use a cane to get up and get on rides, or wait in line when the ECV wouldn't fit, but had she forgotten her cane at the hotel, and you saw her, would you think her simply *lazy*?

If you must know, No I wouldnt. As u said, I do not personally know your mother, and despite what you may think, I am not insulting individuals like your mom. Next time you are at Disney, but only in the bus lines, take a look at some of the individuals abusing the service for people with ACTUAL disabilities. People who will leave their wheel chair outside the bus and walk on. No limp, no crutches....walking perfect like you and me. Top it off, I hope you never see that same person WALKING around the park that day...no wheelchair in sight. The people abusing this are pure scum.
I am not passing judgement at everyone in a wheelchair or ECV, that wasnt my intentions and if it came across that way, I apologize. I am just tired of seeing people who clearly abuse it. Like I said, take a look next time your @ Disney, you will see it.

If you must know, No I wouldnt. As u said, I do not personally know your mother, and despite what you may think, I am not insulting individuals like your mom. Next time you are at Disney, but only in the bus lines, take a look at some of the individuals abusing the service for people with ACTUAL disabilities. People who will leave their wheel chair outside the bus and walk on. No limp, no crutches....walking perfect like you and me. Top it off, I hope you never see that same person WALKING around the park that day...no wheelchair in sight. The people abusing this are pure scum.
I am not passing judgement at everyone in a wheelchair or ECV, that wasnt my intentions and if it came across that way, I apologize. I am just tired of seeing people who clearly abuse it. Like I said, take a look next time your @ Disney, you will see it.

Do you ask these people why they have a wheelchair??? If not then you have NO RIGHT to call them scum!!!

Last Sept, a man was in a wheelchair because HIS ARM WAS IN A SLING!!!! He walked perfectly fine...

How do you know that the man was not in an accident of some sort that impaired his ability to walk long distances? :confused3 Again, there is no way of knowing what a person's disabilities are.

Like I said, take a look next time your @ Disney, you will see it.

Why?
Are you really that negative that you have to take time out of your day in Disney to look at other people in ECV's?
If my grandmother ever caught you looking at her trying to figure out if she was handicapped we would all be screaming it's a miracle she can walk because she would shoot right out of that chair and possibly stick her foot *where the sun don't shine* if you catch my drift.

I don't think that it is necessary for people to stop and wonder..."hmmm doesn she really need that?"

Last time we were in WDW several times I saw people just walk in fornt of everyone as we made our way to the monorails at closing. Everyone was moving together and then sometimes the whole crowd would stop and these people just kept walking and pushing people out of the way and they got pretty far before someone stopped them!

I also had a conversation with a family as we were walking down the ramp from the monorail to Epcot. The whole family was struggling with Grandma's ECV and they kept apologizing bc they could not figure the darn thing out. They said they were struggling all day to keep it under control!

Do you ask these people why they have a wheelchair??? If not then you have NO RIGHT to call them scum!!!

No I dont ask....but if you would have read what I wrote, I said "The people ABUSING the service are scum" not the people who actually need a wheelchair.

Do you honestly think that people ask to be in a wheelchair?

Tell me this, why would anyone in their right mind want to ride in a wheelchair?

My grandma said it is the worst exerience you can have. Having everybody staring at you, not being able to ride, why would anyone want that?

No I dont ask....but if you would have read what I wrote, I said "The people ABUSING the service are scum" not the people who actually need a wheelchair.

And how do you know the people who are abusing the system and those who are not?? You don't ask, nor do I think it's any of your business why someone is in a wheelchair or why their whole party have to get on that bus. Just chill and be thankful you are not in that wheelchair!!

And how do you know the people who are abusing the system and those who are not?? You don't ask, nor do I think it's any of your business why someone is in a wheelchair or why their whole party have to get on that bus. Just chill and be thankful you are not in that wheelchair!!

That is what I have been tryng to say all along.:thumbsup2

Why?
Are you really that negative that you have to take time out of your day in Disney to look at other people in ECV's?
If my grandmother ever caught you looking at her trying to figure out if she was handicapped we would all be screaming it's a miracle she can walk because she would shoot right out of that chair and possibly stick her foot *where the sun don't shine* if you catch my drift.

I don't think that it is necessary for people to stop and wonder..."hmmm doesn she really need that?"

Your completly Right, I dont need to take time out of my day, but while I stand in line with everyone else, you cant honestly tell me you dont look over? and no I dont stare as they are loaded on the bus.

I really want to get into this fantasy world people live in. A world where people believe that NOBODY is abusing using an ECV or wheelchair. This world where everyone is honest. Why, because we are at Disney? For the 100th time, I posted what I posted for people who ABUSE the privilege. Your own JUDGEMENT decided that I included every single individual in an ECV or a wheelchair.

Grumpy people....
I see some people and just feel like saying……come on folk your on vacation in that happiest place on earth...have a little fun, relax....if your that pissed off and upset go back to the hotel and take a nap

Your Wedding pictures are so beautiful! Congratulations!

I just don't understand how you have evidence to prove this abuse.

Maybe there are people wh odo abuse the privelages but why does it bother you so much?

Is it because you aren't sitting in the wheelchair? Is it because you aren't apart of the 6-10 people who are climbing on with them?

Do you not think that it isn't embaressing holding everybody up? I just don't see what your point is.

You want to abuse go ahead because that is what it seems like you want out of this "pet peeve"

I agree with you. I keep my cell on all day, except I do silence it, but if DF or my parents call me, I usually answer, unless I'm at a show or on a ride.

Since we have kids that are a few years apart, we rely on our cell phones for all those times when we split up to hit different rides. It is so much easier to call when we're done with whatever attraction than to try to plan a time to meet up. Since DH's cell is our business line and we don't stop taking calls and scheduling estimates just because we're away from home, his gets answered unless we're someplace where taking the call would be rude, like in a show. And even then, he'd be checking the voice mail as soon as we got out. That's just the nature of being in business for ourselves and not having an office or office staff to cover the phone when we're travelling.

I know I'm likely in a minority with this one, but I don't see cell phones as any different from face to face conversations - both are inappropriate in shows, but who cares if people are chatting, whether to a companion or on a cell phone, while in line or in a gift shop?

The thread is called 'The most annoying or aggravating thing you SEE at WDW' You can't say you have seen this, you are just jumping to conclusions! Please just relax. You will enjoy yourself much more if your not getting wound up because you are being nosy about what other people are doing.

People that stop short in front of my mom while she's using her EVC.

Your completly Right, I dont need to take time out of my day, but while I stand in line with everyone else, you cant honestly tell me you dont look over? and no I dont stare as they are loaded on the bus.

I really want to get into this fantasy world people live in. A world where people believe that NOBODY is abusing using an ECV or wheelchair. This world where everyone is honest. Why, because we are at Disney? For the 100th time, I posted what I posted for people who ABUSE the privilege. Your own JUDGEMENT decided that I included every single individual in an ECV or a wheelchair.

I don't think anyone is arguing that there is no abuse.
The point is that you cannot tell who they are by looking at them or even by their behavior for a short period of time. The reasons for using assistance devices are myriad. People's abilities and disabilities are all very different and most aren't visible to others.

I'm sure there are people who abuse the system, however, there is NO ONE on this board who can accurately distinguish an honest user from an abuser simply by observing them. You can suspect it, you can wonder about it but you can't know for sure.

So, your choices are:
Believe they have their reasons and are doing what's best for them and their family. Be glad they have a way to enjoy WDW and go on your merry way.
or
Get angry, let it ruin your moment, your day or apparently your whole outlook if you're still stewing about it on a message board much later.

IMHO, the choice you make between those options says a lot about you.

You know, tons of stuff bother me. The Brazilan tour group that came into one of the restaurants, surrounded the perimeter and then when people would leave, they'd dash to the empty table, parents allowing the kids to pee on the shrubs, people cutting in line, those little scooters who run into the back of your legs, people who won't give up seats on standing room busses or boats for the elderly, but all of those never bother me a half hour later because it's WDW.
One of the great things about a WDW trip is meeting so many people from so many places. However, when my son was 8, a Brazilian tour group literally knocked him to the ground in a mad dash for Mickey. He ended up with 2 bloody knees & was nearly trampled. Thankfully, he wasn't hurt too bad, but please, there's enough Mickey to go around for everyone! There's no need to knock over little kids. A cast member saw what had happened, and he brought Ian (my son, now 18) right up to Mickey, through the throng of rioters. WDW isn't a soccer match...

Sorry if this has been posted. I haven't yet read the whole thread and we're on our way out the door.

I don't like "space invaders". You know, the people in line that keep getting closer and closer and closer!!!!:scared1:
Personal Space, people, Personal Space!!!! The line will NOT move any faster by you getting closer to me!!! BACK OFF!!!!!
:scared:

disneyworldluvr349;19222102 You want to abuse go ahead because that is what it seems like you want out of this "pet peeve"[/QUOTE said:
WOW, this is getting to the point of pathetic. I believe this was just a post about the most annoying thing u see at disney, not what my "pet peeve" is. I stated my ännoying thing", and the people who only see there point of view bash away.
These people who ABUSE the privilege, have never ruined my day and never will. They will be dealt their cards throughout life.

If you are at Disney you may not--

1.Ride in an ECV if you are fat.
2.Walk slow, if you do so, go to the side of the path, not the middle.
3.Walk fast, you might bump into someone.
4.Your child may not jiggle in line.
5.You may not leave the line for any reason and come back.
6.You may not go ahead of others down to a further monorail car.
7.Save a table for those waiting in line to get food.
8.You may not catch up in line to anyone who got there before you.
9.Use a stroller if your child is over 7.
10.You may not stop short, someone might bump into you.
11.You may not touch a person standing in line.
12.Your child may never misbehave.
13.If your child misbehaves it would just be better to go home.
14.You must give up your seat to people with children.
15.Get up to do a ride if you are in an ECV.
16.Hold up the ride if you are in an ECV and the ride stops to let you on.
17.If there is more than one ECV waiting for a bus, the second person should wait for the next bus so that the whole bus load of healthy walkers does not have to wait that long.
18.You should go back to your room to shower, freshen up and change before meals.
19.Do not sweat, this may leave perspiration on a ride.
20.If you have a wart or any kind of skin lump don't even bother going on a ride and grossing people are.
21.Don't go to Disney if you are fat.
22.NEVER should your child whine!!!
AND the list goes on.

WHAT CAN PEOPLE DO AT DISNEY, certainly not be human.
If it were up to all of the judgmental people around here, it's like creating an "exclusive people" that can be allowed at Disney and heaven forbid you should break a rule.

Is this new people coming in every few weeks feeling that this is NEW subject, or people who are here for years and feel the need every few weeks to feel better than others that continuously start these horrid threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter