The most annoying or aggravating thing you see at WDW.....get your flames ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in animal rescue so my biggest pet peeve is people chasing the ducks or wild bunnies, shouting really loudly at them, banging on glass at them, etc. Some people may not understand why this is a big issue, so here's my reasoning: Imagine you are a foot and half tall duck. You're strolling around Disney World with your family looking for some food and nice shady spot to hang out in afterwards, and someone two or three times your size comes running at your screaming at the top of their lungs, arms flailing about, scaring the holy heck of out of you and your kids. Not so funny now is it? But when animals attack people, we put them to sleep...how fair is that?

My second biggest pet peeve is ignorance. It comes in all forms, from people of all sizes, colors, shapes, creeds, countries, and backgrounds.

My third is rudeness which goes hand-in-hand with ignorance.

I will just never understand why someone people think they are entitled to anymore than anyone else. We all paid a lot of money to be here, we all waited in line, we all get hot, hungry, thirsty, and tired. There is just no reason for the way some people act towards others, other than sheer ignorance and rudeness. Unfortunately for the 98% of us that are not ignorant/rude, we always manage to find the 2% that are, and they will never go away.

The most annoying thing to me (not only at WDW, but everywhere) is when I am sitting in a resturant and someone feels the need to see if they can fill up a tissue with a world record amount of snot!!!!! It never fails. It has become a running joke with me & my sis. Even when it seems like I might make it through a meal without hearing "HOOOONNNK" coming from the next table, here it comes. And my sis always laughs as I gag and says "You didn't really think you were going to make it this time, did you?" We were just talking about this today at lunch and came to the conclusion that the WCC was the only place I did not hear it, and that was probably only because it is so noisy in there!! I think that is sooooooo gross........it's no different from someone sitting there passing gas loudly. It is just not appropriate to do while people are trying to eat. I swear, if my son was still a baby, I would lay him on those nose blowers tables and change his diapers just so they could be as grossed out as I am!

Unfortunately, a lot of people do abuse the ECVs and the amentities that go with them. The problem is, many times you can not tell them from the people who actually need them. I try not to pass judgement on a situation when I know I don't have all the facts. Now, standing in front of my child during a parade is another story entirely!

My God, I really am being misrepresented here, and that was not my intention. I am not anti overweight or anything like that, but after reading my post it seems i am coming off that way. I was speaking more towards people who are big, that i have seen literally bound off the ECV when they get to a ride and attempt to knock you over to get in line. Yes, this has happened and I have seen it happen. While I could never understand the 100 of readers who have posted on here regarding their particular situation, i can tell you that more often than you think, ECV ARE abused by people who just don't feel like walking. That is who my original post was aimed at. Anything that was interpreted differently by the throngs of people who posted under this thread calling it "mean spirited" and such, then i apologize for that misinterpretation. But really, lighten up a bit. Life is too short.

This poster that I am quoting has obvisouly seen abuse of ECVs as well, and hopefully understands the point was trying to make more than some of the other people on this thread that tell me not to place judgement, and then proceeded to judge me.

Without having read the rest of the thread....so it's ok for thin people without physical ailments to use ECVs but not overweight people. There's no way for you to know if someone has a physical ailment or not, whether they are thin or heavy. Since ECV drivers don't wear "physical impairment" stars or "want to save my feet for Pleasure Island" stars, you are acting like you haven't insulted many, many ECV drivers, but you have. You have stepped all over the feelings of those who need ECVs but are worried they may appear "healthy" or "lazy" so they shouldn't go to Disney. You would say, that "my post didn't apply to you", but since we all know you can't accurately identify your target you have made all overweight people without obvious physical impairments subject to your scrutiny and judgment.

Oh, I believe that seeing someone hop off an ECV with the greatest of ease and speed walk and all but knock someone else over to get in front of them on a ride pretty much tells me that whatever their physical ailment may be, it didn't manifest itself as they were magically cured when it came time to rush to get in line first......do i need to be a doctor to evaluate that person as being pretty healthy? I dont think their knees, arthritis. or whatever could have been too bad to see them move so quickly off the ECV.

Sorry to have a little tone here, but i dont like the way my original post is being treated, because I HAVE seen the above situation happen on more than one occasion.

Guests who self park at the Magic Kingdom Monorail Resorts and then head off to the Magic Kingdom after a meal there, even though they have a sign which says "We do not provide parking for the Magic Kingdom." The ones that are even worse are the ones who claim they are going to the Resorts to look around or to eat and just park there to avoid the $10.00 fee at the TTC parking lot.

My God, I really am being misrepresented here, and that was not my intention. I am not anti overweight or anything like that, but after reading my post it seems i am coming off that way. I was speaking more towards people who are big, that i have seen literally bound off the ECV when they get to a ride and attempt to knock you over to get in line. Yes, this has happened and I have seen it happen. While I could never understand the 100 of readers who have posted on here regarding their particular situation, i can tell you that more often than you think, ECV ARE abused by people who just don't feel like walking. That is who my original post was aimed at. Anything that was interpreted differently by the throngs of people who posted under this thread calling it "mean spirited" and such, then i apologize for that misinterpretation. But really, lighten up a bit. Life is too short.

This poster that I am quoting has obvisouly seen abuse of ECVs as well, and hopefully understands the point was trying to make more than some of the other people on this thread that tell me not to place judgement, and then proceeded to judge me.

I think the issue is that just because someone can get out of the ECV (regardless of size or whether they have a visible ailment) for short periods of time to get in line does not mean that they do not need the ECV.

Anyone knocking over anyone else in order to get in line is just plain rude - doesn't matter whether they're 109 or 309 lbs. And to be annoyed by that is perfectly understandable.

As a former cast member, I am perfectly aware that ECVs do get abused, but there's rarely any way to know for sure. Since they're there for the convienence of the guests, it's usually better to live and let live.

One of the great things about a WDW trip is meeting so many people from so many places. However, when my son was 8, a Brazilian tour group literally knocked him to the ground in a mad dash for Mickey. He ended up with 2 bloody knees & was nearly trampled. Thankfully, he wasn't hurt too bad, but please, there's enough Mickey to go around for everyone! There's no need to knock over little kids. A cast member saw what had happened, and he brought Ian (my son, now 18) right up to Mickey, through the throng of rioters. WDW isn't a soccer match...

dont say anything disparaging that you have seen and experienced because people on this board will come on here and say that you are anti brazil and too ethnocentric!

Nicely put! It's no one business or right to sit there and decide whether or not someone should be using an ECV. Why waste the time getting mad and making assumptions?

Guests who self park at the Magic Kingdom Monorail Resorts and then head off to the Magic Kingdom after a meal there, even though they have a sign which says "We do not provide parking for the Magic Kingdom." The ones that are even worse are the ones who claim they are going to the Resorts to look around or to eat and just park there to avoid the $10.00 fee at the TTC parking lot.

Why does this not surprise me?
Honestly though, does this REALLY put a damper on YOUR vacation? That is one thing that is completely in the hands of Disney and the CMs working the parking lots. I bet more often than not people get turned away. For the few that do slip by, how does this bother YOU? It isn't $10 coming out of your pocket. And it isn't in any way harming you.
Most people are talking about real and personal stuff that directly disrupted them. Not a policy that DISNEY is wishy washy on.

Why does this not surprise me?
Honestly though, does this REALLY put a damper on YOUR vacation? That is one thing that is completely in the hands of Disney and the CMs working the parking lots. I bet more often than not people get turned away. For the few that do slip by, how does this bother YOU? It isn't $10 coming out of your pocket. And it isn't in any way harming you.
Most people are talking about real and personal stuff that directly disrupted them. Not a policy that DISNEY is wishy washy on.
Well by using the title of this thread, it's aggravating because the guests who break this rule are taking up spots for guests who stay at the Magic Kingdom Monorail Resort and for the guests who just go there for ADR's and follow the rule of not leaving their car parked there all day. Besides as someone who always stays at the Contemporary, it's not a selfish thing to want the best parking spot my family and I can get.

Oh! I have another one! Didn't I just recently post that I try hard not to get annoyed at WDW? :lmao:

Here it is - people who don't care that they've just scratched extensively scratched your car when getting their luggage out!

Recently, second day at the Poly, I go to get something from my car. From a distance I could see that the passenger side bore many scratches and "rubs," apparently from luggage (that's the best I could assume, at least). I counted at least 15 marks!! :eek: I take really good care of my little Prius and was so happy that I only spent $120 in gas for the trip. But calculate back in the cost of repairing the scratches and I didn't save anything. I really just assumed she's be safe out there in the Poly parking lot (yes, I know what they say happens when you assume and it keeps proving itself to be true!).

My only guess was that a family arrived who was so excited to be there just didn't realize what they were doing (repeat, "benefit of the doubt, benefit of the doubt!!"). But I'm still sad about my car. :sad2:

Just to add to my last comment, I know we can always valet park and there would be no problems with the self parking lot. However we don't want to keep spending $10.00 + tip everytime we need to leave the Contemporary, when it's not to any of the 4 theme parks. It's not that we don't have the money, it's the principal that we should not have to when we are allowed to self park and save that money to purchasing a nice souvenir while in WDW.

Thought of another...

I hate when you are walking to an attraction and the family in front of you....just stops and pulls out their map to figure out what they want to do next.....

If you are unsure of what to do next, please have common courtesy and step off to the side...against a store maybe or find a bench...do not block the way for others...., and then pull out your map and figure out what you want to do next.

The same things happen at the mall...drives me nuts....

I'm not trying to start something, and I really really get what some of you are saying, but...

if you're griping at people for being judgmental, aren't you being judgmental? And isn't that also complaining? :rotfl:

....I hate when you are walking to an attraction and the family in front of you....just stops and pulls out their map to figure out what they want to do next.....

The same things happen at the mall...drives me nuts....

Your mall has a map?:thumbsup2

I'm not trying to start something, and I really really get what some of you are saying, but...

if you're griping at people for being judgmental, aren't you being judgmental? And isn't that also complaining? :rotfl:

:thumbsup2

It's a vicious circle. It just keeps going round and round. That's what makes it vicious...and a circle.

:hippie: :hippie: :hippie:

Last Sept, a man was in a wheelchair because HIS ARM WAS IN A SLING!!!! He walked perfectly fine, and when the driver came to lower the exit door steps......the man said it wasnt necessary and walked up.....with his wife and 3 kids...and grabbed his seats.
That is complete b/s and Disney does not and never will do anything about the idiots who take advantage of the disabilities.

!

Wow, I'm glad you know his medical history by looking at him..Impressive.. My DH has a bad leg.. He can walk on it for a short time...He had an Aortic Dissection on Jan 27th. He had emergency open heart surgery and spent 9 weeks in the hospital, 5 in intensive care.. They had to cut his leg open from knee to ankle to save it.. He's had 4 surgeries on the legs including skin grafts.. It will be less than 6 month since his open heart surgery when we go in July. He has been told, "you must use a wheelchair when you leave your hotel".. He will be wearing jeans so that people don't see what are some huge and nasty scars... You will see him sit in a wheelchair and then get up to get on a bus or to get on a ride.. You won't even see a sling in his case..Unless he has an open shirt and you can see the chest scar you will see a *healthy* looking 41 YO man, and let me tell you anyone who says a thing to him will really get an earful

By the way, Look at my picture.. Would you know I had AIDS and Cardiomyopathy?No you wouldn't but there have been times when I would have needed a wheelchair at WDW, like right after I had a stroke from the Cardiomyopathy or when I was recovering from congestive heart failure.. I wouldn't limp to get on the bus..You would never know I had so much wrong with me. Believe me, I'd give up my disabled wheelchair if it meant I would live to see my kids marry

Your mall has a map?:thumbsup2

:lmao: Not what I meant....

I meant...people will just stop at the mall, too...to talk to someone they ran into, to figure out where a store is, etc.....

they will block the whole walkway.......drives me nuts...

Ok I just want to chime in and put my two cents in. so many people in here are complaining about ECV users. I will agree there are those in ECV's that are careless when they drive, not paying attention, as are the ones with strollers. But I am gonna speak from the other end. Something that annoys me are number one people making assumptions based on exterior. As previously stated you don't know anyones medical history so no one has a right to judge who can use an ecv and who can't.

My mother looks perfectly healthy, though she is overweight as am I and my sister. My mother uses an ECV at the parks due to a breathing condition called COPD. She cant walk for long distances because of this. It has nothing to do with her being overweight nor can it be fixed by loosing the weight. My sister has a problem with the tenden in her ankle being overly tight causing a bone spur, that is not due to her weight but simply the tenden being a little tight. so sometimes she has to use an ECV.

The problem I have is when either one of them are trying to go soemwhere in the parks you have inconciderate people who blantantly walk in front of them to get to where they need to go instead of stopping for a moment to let them pass. They don't want to run anyone over but in the years i have lived here, I see everyday how people are at the parks and when someone walks in front of them KNOWING they are there they deserve to be run over.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when I see parents letting their children do things they obviously should not be doing. When I was there a few weeks ago I actually saw a woman sitting on a curb watching her child pulling flowers out of a bed and throwing them on the ground. And I mean roots, dirt, and all. And in a fenced off area no less. She was just watching him do it! A CM came over and gave the lady a look of utter astonishment like "are you not going to DO anything about this????" and when she still did nothing to stop the kid, the CM climbed over the fence, physically removed the child, and then had to replant all of the bunches of uprooted flowers. :eek:

Holy cow! That's just crazy. I volunteer at my local zoo and am lucky enough to work hands-on with many animals, presenting them in "close encounters" for our zoo visitors. While 98% of parents are wonderful and are good about helping their kids to learn how to behave well ("Here's how to pet gently!", the other 2% are awful. I have had to physically remove an animal from a close encounter situation because I was worried the animal would get hurt (or that a child might be hurt by not listening to my instructions to move back). I'm not talking about pre-schoolers - I'm talking about school-age kids who should definitely know better. Grrrr.

Sorry for the rant - I can totally relate to the CM who had to re-plant the flowers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter