The Line for Bag check

I would think the bag checks are much more intense since the guy with a gun was arrested in the big courtyard between Disneyland and California Adventure a couple days ago. He hadn't entered a park yet, but was past the bag check area. I am in no way anti-gun, but what kind of moron thinks he needs to be armed in a Disney park. I personally feel safer there than I do anywhere.

I always carry a pocketknife. The only times I don't are going through airports and federal buildings. Otherwise it's always in my pocket, including at Disney World.

I wasn't concerned about him having the knife, but he was. He was sure he was going to get "caught" with it. I told him no one was even going to know he had it and not to worry about it. He spent the whole bus ride to EP stressing about it. He was actually going to throw it away at the first trash can he saw. I told him to stop being paranoid and that I was sure plenty of people were walking around the parks with pocket knives. Little did we know that the thing we *should* have been stressing about was the stupid clothes pin in my bag. :D

So that's a level 6, Most Recommended, crowd these days? What was it actually like "in" the park? Guessing my mid-September, mid-week, level 1 will look like Labor Day weekend now......

I'm jealous of anyone who can pull off WDW with no bags....a buncha unicorns! :worried:
All we bag people can do is hope. One of these bag-free types will spill ketchup on their shirt, and need a shout wipe, experience rain and need a poncho, be thirsty and need water, or have an accident, and need the big-boy pants we are totally prepared with. It's how I sleep at night. With my well- packed backpack by the door of the room

All we bag people can do is hope. One of these bag-free types will spill ketchup on their shirt, and need a shout wipe, experience rain and need a poncho, be thirsty and need water, or have an accident, and need the big-boy pants we are totally prepared with. It's how I sleep at night. With my well- packed backpack by the door of the room

This is hilarious! :D

We have a Shout wipe in our pocket. Ditto on the rain poncho. We buy water when we're thirsty (or ask for a free cup at a CS restaurant). If we need new big boy/girl pants, we'll buy them at the nearest gift shop....with all the money we're saving on chiropractor bills by not carrying a 50lb. bag with us at the parks each day. :rotfl:

I seriously have never really understood bag check. To me it seems it is all for show. I have carried a small bag and had it checked. This past May I did not carry a bag but wore pants with lots of pockets and put everything in my pockets (same stuff I carried in the bag). Of course I did not have to wait in line for bag check. I just don't get it.

We have a Shout wipe in our pocket. Ditto on the rain poncho. We buy water when we're thirsty (or ask for a free cup at a CS restaurant). If we need new big boy/girl pants, we'll buy them at the nearest gift shop....with all the money we're saving on chiropractor bills by not carrying a 50lb. bag with us at the parks each day. :rotfl:

LOL...but don't you feel so...so...naked???? :blush:

LOL...but don't you feel so...so...naked???? :blush:

Yes, the first few times I went without a bag, I felt naked! The first time I went to a park without a bag it happened accidentally. We had gone to DTD for a little shopping one morning so I just stuck our KTTW cards in a small pouch thing that I could wear around my neck. While we were at DTD, my husband suggested we go over to AK for a few hours. I nearly had a panic attack. How could I go to a park without my bag??????? What if we needed a small notebook...or a pen....or a swimmers towel.....or pain relievers....or a CLOTHESPIN???????? Somehow we survived. And while I still carried my bag-full-of-stuff-we-never-used to parks the rest of the week, I did start to notice that the things we really needed in the parks could fit in our pockets. That was the last trip I carried a true "bag" to the parks (though I will admit, I still take the bag to Disney. It just stays at the resort. Because I *might* need it. :D) I do have a small wallet-on-a string type bag (about the size of a deck of cards) that holds my phone, a credit card, and a little cash that I use most days simply so I'm not panicking about my phone falling out of my pocket on a ride. The bag is small enough to fit in my pocket and that's where it stays until we're through the "no bag" entrance. :)

If you are carrying a small camera in a camera bag, that fits into your jacket pocket, do you have to go through bag check?

That picture is about half the size of the bag check line we experienced at Animal Kingdom last month. It took 25 minutes to get through the line. The worst part was the line we picked which had the slowest security guard ever. It wasnt because he was being thorough, it was because he would spend 20 to 30 seconds gabbing with every guest. There are times for cast members to spend time talking with guests. When you are the bag check guy with 100 people in you line it is not one of them.

I seriously have never really understood bag check. To me it seems it is all for show. I have carried a small bag and had it checked. This past May I did not carry a bag but wore pants with lots of pockets and put everything in my pockets (same stuff I carried in the bag). Of course I did not have to wait in line for bag check. I just don't get it.

The funniest double standard is the water parks. They only check coolers there. I brought in a small soft sided cooler one time which is a cube maybe one foot per side. Not only did they open up the main compartment to look in, but they also made me unzip the tiny pockets on the front and sides of the bags. The side pockets are maybe big enough to hold 2 packs of playing cards if you really squeezed them in. Meanwhile if you just have a beach bag you are passed through. I saw beach bags which could have held 6 of my coolers or even 2 cases of beer with a towel thrown over them and nobody would even so much as glance at them. Yet because I had a visible cooler they had to check even the tiny little pockets.

So that's a level 6, Most Recommended, crowd these days? What was it actually like "in" the park? Guessing my mid-September, mid-week, level 1 will look like Labor Day weekend now......
It wasn't too bad after everyone dispersed. It was just so HOT!!! We rode EE three times starting at 9am without a fp. By about 9:40am, the wait was at 25 minutes, so we used our fp. KS waits were at 60 minutes midday. KRR was at 90 minutes.

Wow!!! Lauren, can u post some crowd pics today? Where are you going? Would love to see if it's thinning out at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter