The Line for Bag check

We hit AK for extra magic hours last Sunday and the line was that long when we left at 10 a.m. It was even about half that size before the park even opened.

How long did it end up taking you to get in? That looks pretty intimidating.

Hope you are having a great day!

There are no discounts available that would compensate me for that...

View attachment 118672 FYI
This is the 9:55 am line for bag check at AK this morning -
I have to tell you, we were in this same line at AK today at 8:30 this morning. We were only about six families from the front of the bag check line. The cm checking our bag was the most thorough bag checker ever. I looked around and all the bag checkers were really taking their time and going through bags like I've never seen.

I wonder if something recently happened to prompt such thorough bag checks?

I wonder if something recently happened to prompt such thorough bag checks?
I don't know of anything happening at Disney but certainly there have been all kinds of crazies around the country doing stuff, like the shooting at the Federal building in NYC yesterday. I've got no problem with security checking bags. Of course, if someone wanted to bring in a handgun, they just need to not have it in their bag and they'd get through just fine. There are no metal detectors.

I don't know of anything happening at Disney but certainly there have been all kinds of crazies around the country doing stuff, like the shooting at the Federal building in NYC yesterday. I've got no problem with security checking bags. Of course, if someone wanted to bring in a handgun, they just need to not have it in their bag and they'd get through just fine. There are no metal detectors.
The bag checker today was asking everyone if they had any sharp objects. I don't ever recall being asked that before.

Of course, if someone wanted to bring in a handgun, they just need to not have it in their bag and they'd get through just fine. There are no metal detectors.
Indeed. That's why they call it "concealed carry."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter