The "I've Waited Forever to Go Solo" Mom's Leaving Everyone Behind Trip! Updt 3/11

26 days, did I just say that? 26 days? I think I am liking this plan a trip in a few months business. Usually my trips are planned a year or more in advance and the wait is as endless as sitting through Sounds Dangerous. This, this 3 month trip planning window, is nice. 26 days? Crazy good!

Okay so what's going on trip wise? Well I go to bed every night and pretty much start to go through my itinerary in my head. I always do this and never make it past Friday before I fall asleep (I arrive on Thursday!). So I know what I'm doing those days for sure! LOL!

I dug this out last night:

100_8733.jpg

I know, a wee bit early but I figured I could start throwing some things in there. It just makes me feel like I'm doing something!

These arrived as you know:

100_8734.jpg

And this, so cute:

100_8735.jpg

And I bought this to throw in my bag and take notes with. It's not Disney but I am a sucker for the polka dot, love them:

100_8736.jpg

Where else but in a DIS PTR would you post a photo of a notebook you bought?

I decided to just stick with my trusty Baggalini for this trip. It was good to me the last 2 and will have room for a book if I want to throw one in. I thought about downsizing to something tiny but I think I'll just take her with me. She's not that big and I do just love that strap pocket for keys and tickets.

I joined a Photopass Share. Yup, by my lonesome. I figured why not. I like pictures. I love Disney. And this is a special trip for me so I want to have some nice shots. And for the $25 or so it isn't costing me much.

My family is giving me lots of ribbing now on this trip. I don't talk about it too much but occasionally I'll say "Hey my number of the day is 26 and yours is 28" meaning that I leave in 26 days, they leave for Maine in 28. The response I get? "Yeah whatever Mom". Hmmph.

And Grumpy was telling the kids the other day as I sat there. "Kids, you know what the Single Rider line is for? So people can look at your mother and say 'oh look at that poor lady all by herself at Disney World'" :lmao: Nice huh? I've been waiting for the teasing to come. It wouldn't be Grumpy without some teasing and humor.

So what's left to do? Well let's see:

1. Pack
2. Laminate my DIS and TGM tags
3. Order book through Amazon
4. Stop the mail
5. Do my nails, maybe I'll go have someone do them rather than the do it yourself number I more often do
6. Finish my project with my list of things to do in each park
7. Purchase postcard stamps
8. Get directions to Hartford airport and figure out what parking will cost me
9. Have things ready for kids and Grumpy for their Maine trip, like laundry done
10. Update iPod with some podcasts for the trip
11. Double check toiletries, am I missing anything?
12. Misty mate fan?

Could that be it? I want to borrow Grumpy's camera. His is smaller and will be lighter to throw in my bag. I can't forget chargers. I am not bringing the laptop. Just the cell, camera and iPod.

In between now and then what is happening in my life? Well:

*Goofy has a birthday party to attend today
*Belle has a birthday party to attend on Tuesday and next Friday (which is actually her real 11th birthday)
*Belle has a party here on Wednesday for which I have not purchased or planned one thing, not even a gift for her
*All 3 kids have another week of swimming lessons at the lake, we are there 9-12 each day
*I have a hair cut and color on Tuesday, hope it still looks decent by the trip
*My cousin's baby's 1st birthday party next Saturday (seeing a theme here with the birthday thing. We are all going to be caked out soon I think)
*Picking up our FREE TV check at the appliance store next Saturday
*August 4-9 all 3 kids go to a day camp nearby, each day 8-5pm. Whatever will I do all day? :rotfl:
*August 8th I have an overnight retreat on Cape Cod for work
*August 9th come home and take the girls to the American Idol concert

Then it is a quiet week with nothing scheduled, yet, and then the following week I leave! Whew! So time should really fly at least the next 2 weeks for certain!

Okay well I need to get this day moving! Make it a good one people! Disney Days all around!

See you soon!

Allyson:surfweb:

You are getting down to the wire! This in between time is so tough, too soon to really get ready, but soon enough to get you excited!

I was thinking about you on Thursday when I was at Twin River! I didn't do as well as you did on your visit, but I am headed to Mohegan this afternoon to see if I can make up for it!

As far as directions to Bradley Airport...let me know if I can help - I literally live down the street. If you know how to get to 91 North, you should be good to go...from there you just follow the signs. I can't remember where in Mass you are, but it shouldn't be too hard I don't think. And there are a lot of off-site parking places that are comprabable if not better than the Airport parking. Just do a Google search for Bradley Airport Parking and it'll give you a pretty good idea of the rates. You are looking at between about $30 and $50 for a week depending on where you go. I prefer the off-site valet places personally. You don't have to worry about your car, because it's being watched and those places are open 24/7.

You're almost there!! :woohoo:

Too funny about dh's jokes. I actually laughed out loud. :lmao:

Sounds like you have a busy few weeks ahead, which means that time will FLY!

So how was the rest of your book? I just picked up a new Jodi Picoult but haven't had time this week to read very much.

So good -- I did finish it the next day.

Your lists of things to do look good -- you will definitely be busy as the next 26 days go by!

:rotfl: about Grumpy's comment! You can just say, "Yes, I will be gliding past all those people that are waiting an hour to ride the ride!" ;)

You're trip is so close!!!

It's not too early to take out the luggage. You can pack the stuff you aren't going to use until the trip.

Sounds like Grumpy may be a bit jealous. I wonder if he'll want to go on a solo trip when you return.

OK, I totally cracked up when I read about Grumpy telling the kids about "that poor lady" in the single riders line!! :rotfl: Busy, busy girl you are and will be! Happy Birthday to Belle!:cheer2: Did you get my PM?:goodvibes

Oh I have my suitcases out too! I threw some crap in mine just to do something with them. It's getting so exciting now!

Sounds like you have a busy couple of weeks ahead of you! Isn't hard to believe how quickly the time is going? I am feeling the same way right about now... :goodvibes

I just stumbled across your PTR and am loving it so far. I can't believe how organized you are for a solo trip! And I'm cracking up at your husbands comments about the poor lady in the single rider line, my husband tells me that people are going to make comments about that crazy lady who took a two year old to Disney by herself! I'm like, who cares it's Disney! There's no crying in Disney! Right?! My daughter and I will be at Pop a day before you so we will keep an eye out for you. Have a great trip!

You are getting down to the wire! This in between time is so tough, too soon to really get ready, but soon enough to get you excited!

I was thinking about you on Thursday when I was at Twin River! I didn't do as well as you did on your visit, but I am headed to Mohegan this afternoon to see if I can make up for it!

As far as directions to Bradley Airport...let me know if I can help - I literally live down the street. If you know how to get to 91 North, you should be good to go...from there you just follow the signs. I can't remember where in Mass you are, but it shouldn't be too hard I don't think. And there are a lot of off-site parking places that are comprabable if not better than the Airport parking. Just do a Google search for Bradley Airport Parking and it'll give you a pretty good idea of the rates. You are looking at between about $30 and $50 for a week depending on where you go. I prefer the off-site valet places personally. You don't have to worry about your car, because it's being watched and those places are open 24/7.
How did you do at Mohegan? I haven't been there in ages. I'm tempted to go back and try some more slots! Thanks for the tips on Bradley, I'll have to look for an offsite place and see the prices. And if I have questions after MapQuesting I'll ask you! I have driven there before but just once and it was several years ago.

You're almost there!! :woohoo:

Too funny about dh's jokes. I actually laughed out loud. :lmao:

Sounds like you have a busy few weeks ahead, which means that time will FLY!
That is my hope!

:yay: :yay: We are closer to the petals meet:yay: :yay:
I'm excited!

So good -- I did finish it the next day.

Your lists of things to do look good -- you will definitely be busy as the next 26 days go by!

:rotfl: about Grumpy's comment! You can just say, "Yes, I will be gliding past all those people that are waiting an hour to ride the ride!" ;)
Yes there are a lot of things on my plate right now!

You're trip is so close!!!

It's not too early to take out the luggage. You can pack the stuff you aren't going to use until the trip.

Sounds like Grumpy may be a bit jealous. I wonder if he'll want to go on a solo trip when you return.
ROFL! He'd love a solo trip but never to Disney. I think he'd rather have a root canal and a full body wax at the same time rather than visit the Mouse!

26 days! Whoo-hoo!! :dance3:
22 now!

OK, I totally cracked up when I read about Grumpy telling the kids about "that poor lady" in the single riders line!! :rotfl: Busy, busy girl you are and will be! Happy Birthday to Belle!:cheer2: Did you get my PM?:goodvibes
Yes isn't he ever the comedian? That is my life!

Oh I have my suitcases out too! I threw some crap in mine just to do something with them. It's getting so exciting now!
My books arrived today! I threw those in too!

Sounds like you have a busy couple of weeks ahead of you! Isn't hard to believe how quickly the time is going? I am feeling the same way right about now... :goodvibes
Isn't it great!

OK... I started one. This is my first attempt and it is hard work!! You make it look easy!! :)
It can be time consuming but so fun to look back on! And fun to pass the time waiting with your friends!

I just stumbled across your PTR and am loving it so far. I can't believe how organized you are for a solo trip! And I'm cracking up at your husbands comments about the poor lady in the single rider line, my husband tells me that people are going to make comments about that crazy lady who took a two year old to Disney by herself! I'm like, who cares it's Disney! There's no crying in Disney! Right?! My daughter and I will be at Pop a day before you so we will keep an eye out for you. Have a great trip!
I will definately keep an eye out for you and your dd. I'll be the poor lady looking for the crazy lady with the 2 year old! LOL! You'll be fine taking her alone, I bet you'll have a blast! And I can be a little over organized in some aspects of my life, some might say a little anal even.:confused3

Allyson :surfweb:

Sooooo, 22 days now! 3 weeks, count 'em 3 weeks, till my trip! Wahoo!:cool1:

I am currently hiding in our library/office room on the laptop while 10 tweeny girls are in my living room watching "College Roadtrip". It is Belle's party and thank goodness the movie has settled them down. Can you say loud and giggly???? Oh gosh. I am just SO thankful I said NO to the sleepover request, they are all leaving at 9pm. We played a human board game that I created in our driveway, I will say it was pretty fun and funny. They were the pawns and had to roll this big dice I made out of a box. Each square had something like "Move ahead 2" or "So you think you can dance? Show us your best move", "Do the Hokey Pokey" or "You can't talk till your next turn". It was pretty fun. Instead of goodie bags I bought 10 small things, little notebooks, necklace, lip glosses, etc. All different. I wrapped them all and had them do a Yankee Swap, they seemed to enjoy that too. We had pizza and cake/ice cream. Then I had a candy buffet set up and they each filled their bag and I popped the movie in. In between there she opened her gifts too. The movie should be done just before 8:45 and girls are picked up at 9pm. Then Mama gets a glass of wine as a reward! LOL!

So I was looking over some menus. I think for my first night if I end up at Magic Kingdom (I kind of hope it is the first bus or I just might bag the first bus idea and go here, love to see that Castle), I will eat at Casey's or maybe Cosmic Ray's. I've never been to Casey's and I do like a hotdog and it is right there on Main Street. At Cosmic Ray's I remember like the hamburgers. I have even toyed with getting a kid's meal if I'm not overly hungry, would that be so wrong? Belle had the kid's mixed greens with chicken salad last time and it was quite good. If I end up at Epcot I might do Sunshine Seasons, they have a lot of good choices and I have not eaten there since, well a long time ago. Or maybe Yakitori House, that sounds good too. I won't end up at AK, they close early and I won't be heading out till like 5pm. And I might just skip the DHS bus if it comes by as I am going there first thing the next morning.

I think on Friday for lunch at DHS I might see what sandwiches they have that day at Starring Roles. Or the Southwest Salad at the Backlot Express.

Amazon.com brought me a few goodies today! I got my two books for my trip and they really look like a lot of fun! One was the Passporter's Treasure Hunts book and the other was Guide to the Magic of Walt Disney World: The Lost Journals. Both have a lot of things to look for and write in the book, I think it will be great being alone. It will give me something to do when I am sitting or eating or waiting for something.

Amazon also brought me this:
51ILWHxi1XL__SL500_AA240_.jpg

Big Dreamy Sigh! Venus in Overdrive, Rick Springfield's brandy new just came out on Tuesday CD. Oh the booklet with the CD is so great, so many wonderful pictures! AHHHHH! I listened this afternoon and love it already. The first song is called "What's Victoria's Secret", tell me, is that not a clever title? Trust me, it's worth a listen.:thumbsup2

See you soon!

Allyson:surfweb:

I hope you survived the party!! The human board game sounds like lots of fun. I'm sure your daughter had a great time.

Your plans for arrival day seem great. You have lots of options. Plus, you don't have to negotiate with anyone :banana: :banana: :banana:

Have you started to look over your books? How are they?

I hope you survived the party!! The human board game sounds like lots of fun. I'm sure your daughter had a great time.

Your plans for arrival day seem great. You have lots of options. Plus, you don't have to negotiate with anyone :banana: :banana: :banana:

Have you started to look over your books? How are they?

That is the part I am really liking, making the decisions with just "me" in mind, no one else! LOL!

I looked at both books. One has Treasure Hunts for each section of each park plus each resort and the cruise as well. They have easy/medium/harder ones for each. There will be like 10-12 questions for each to find the answer to and in the back are sealed Treasure Chests with the answers. I told Grumpy since I bought this $10 or $12 book that now I HAVE to stay at all the resorts and take a cruise so I can finish it. :lmao: He wasn't buying it yet, I'll keep trying. But the book looks fun!

The other book has a story to it like it is a lost journal. There is a puzzle in the front with symbols and through the book it too breaks down into different areas of the parks. In each one there are things to find, pictures to ID, Hidden Mickeys and little trivia facts and then a symbol to find. When you find the symbol you take the first letter of where you found it (say S for Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse if it was there) and enter it in the puzzle. THEN when the puzzle is done there is a website you can go to and enter in what you got for an answer and see if you are right I guess.

Both look to be a lot of fun and something different to do in the parks!

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Allyson

No, I don't have the album yet, but I'm going to his 8/15 show in St. Charles, IL, and I have this:

232323232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D679%3D%3B9%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232384698%3C%3A49ot1lsi
It is, it is another Rick fan! Cool tattoo! And enjoy the show! I have been going every year (sometimes twice!) when he comes to New England for the last 5 years or so (I saw him numerous times in my youth too). And Grumpy comes with me and takes pictures and I bring my roses for him to smash. And you know what? He is not coming to New England at all this summer. So So So Sad. I really don't get it. Not one show. Its a big bummer.

Enjoy enjoy enjoy it on the 15th! Boy a Rick concert AND a Disney trip in the same month! You are one lucky girl!

Allyson :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter