The "I've Waited Forever to Go Solo" Mom's Leaving Everyone Behind Trip! Updt 3/11

Oh, how exciting! Your itinerary looks great. :goodvibes

I think you should definitely take the bigger suitcase and plan on some shopping! That is the perfect time to do it when you don't have to worry about anyone else complaining that they are bored or want to move on or whatever... so I say 'Go for it!'

And really, where has the time gone?? I'm only about a week behind you and I'm starting to get nervous that I am going to forget something - are you getting that feeling too?? :scared:

Great update - I'm so excited (and jealous! ;) ) that you are doing your solo trip! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Oh, you are going to have sooo much fun!!! What a great itinerary! In 38 days, I will have been back to work for 20 days (I go back August 1). I will be thinking of you having fun at the World! :goodvibes
Oh that is so early, August 1. Wow. I know you have been out a long time though, earlier than us. My kids have only been out 4 weeks tomorrow, 6 more weeks for them. And August 1st my oldest turns 11! EEEKK!

38 days already. It really is flying by now. :lovestruc
It certainly is! Now its almost 36 since I'm in bed typing this and today is really almost over! LOL!

Go every year in August so here are my tips....

- Lots of water!!!
-a mister fan (it is a life saver when waiting for shows and parades
-Lots and Lots of sunscreen
-a hat is a must!
Thank you, a hat, you know I honestly wouldn't have thought of a hat! I have a Life Is Good baseball hat I'll have to remember to pack!

38 days!! :woohoo:

I'm so excited for you! I just know that you are going to have a fabulous time! It'll be fun getting to meet up with some many DISer's as well as Fiona and Stacy! :thumbsup2

Great idea about Christmas shopping!!
Yes I can't wait to meet Fiona, have you met her yet?

wow 38 dayS!!! seems soo real now doesn't it! Looks great.
Oh yeah!

Your plans look great.

I can't wait to har how the KTTK tour goes.

I was looking at that exact same book on Amazon. It seems pretty interesting. Do you have the Hidden Mickeys book?

I really think it's great that you're doing a solo trip. I'm not sure if I can handle that just yet.
I don't have the Hidden Mickey book. It looks good too! I also saw one called something about waiting in the queue. I am definately getting one or two. I need to order soon!

Pilfer away!

Then I can use your updated one to make a new one for my September trip :lmao:

Love your itinerary...here's my one suggestion:
Since you are doing the "take the first bus" thing, if the DHS comes first - don't take it. Unless of course DHS is your favoritest park or something :)
Too much DHS you think huh? I do like it but I am going to be there Friday and Sunday night for a little bit. I guess we'll see what the Bus Gods say and who shows up first!

38 days!!! How Wonderful!!!:cool1:

JMO but don't drop marrakesh off your ressie list.. We ate there last trip and the food was really good. And I'm a notoriusly picky eater!

I've heard that it is often slower there for lunch... maybe you could move that up to your lunch time meal...since it sounds like you're leaning toward a TS lunch. Hate to see you lose out on a TS with FREE DINING... Besides, If you end up not liking it...you could always skip on over to France and indulge with some pastries!!!

I'm thinking of doing that KTTK too... it looks really neat..you'll have to let us all know how it goes:yay:

Paula
I am very much looking forward to KTTK!
And no Free Dining for me! I had it but had to shift my dates. You need a minimum of 3 nights for FD and where it begins the 24th and I am leaving the 26th due to school starting for my kids, well I just couldn't make it work. That is okay though, I don't eat too much to worry about paying for it! LOL!

38 days?!?! That's almost tomorrow!! :cool1: Scary how fast the summer is flying by and yet I'm so excited for my trip I want it to go faster! :confused3

LOVE that you won't have to set an example for anyone. Or maybe you have to set an example for the solo vacationers! Ice cream for breakfast? Bring it on! Want an adult beverage? It's 5 o'clock somewhere! That will spoil your dinner? So what!?!

Early Christmas shopping... you're so organized it kills me. ;)

And a January trip coming along right behind this one- especially one in which you'll be running a half marathon. You're my hero :worship: I've had the same issues w/ flight changes on my Oct trip. Delta has changed it at least 5x.
You are so right, it is always 5pm somewhere! LOL! As for Christmas shopping, I try. :) I am one of "those" organized people in some aspects of my life. I can't help it! The January trip is going to be a lot of fun! But I had to devote a year of my life to becoming someone who not only exercises but trains for this! What I won't do for a vacation to the Mouse! Geesh! Worth it though, I have visions of it being a very special moment in my life and worth all the time, effort and energy that is going into it. Keep your eye on that crazy Delta airlines!

WOW 38 days :cool1: I am glad it all worked out for you and meeting up with your friend, your plans look good!!:goodvibes
Thanks! I'm excited!

Oh, how exciting! Your itinerary looks great. :goodvibes

I think you should definitely take the bigger suitcase and plan on some shopping! That is the perfect time to do it when you don't have to worry about anyone else complaining that they are bored or want to move on or whatever... so I say 'Go for it!'

And really, where has the time gone?? I'm only about a week behind you and I'm starting to get nervous that I am going to forget something - are you getting that feeling too?? :scared:

Great update - I'm so excited (and jealous! ;) ) that you are doing your solo trip! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
I know, yours is just around the corner from mine! Yes bigger suitcase for sure, you convinced me!

Allyson:surfweb:

Mail call! Guess what arrived? No, not my hotel goodies but my ME goodies! And guess what? They still say ASMusic on them. Bummer.

I emailed my TA and she wrote back and told me it was okay. That the reservation says Pop Century and the bar code would tell them that. She told me to just use a pen and cross out the ASMusic part. Huh? This sounds shoddy to me. I asked the question on the Transportation Board and they confirmed what she said. Side note: any of you post on the Transportation Board? I do sometimes and it scares me. It feels like I'm on a Seinfeld episode with the Soup Nazi and if I say or ask the wrong thing they are going to say "No information for you!". I saw a tag line on someone's post "There is no pixie dust on the transportation board" and I must say, I believe it. They are very knowledgeable people, very knowledgable, but the whole place makes me nervous, like I'm not worthy or I'm doing something wrong!

So anyway, do I trust this "just cross it out" method and let them get my bag? Since I moved to a daytime flight I was going to do the whole she-bang and let them get my luggage. I figured I would just pack a few things in my carryon and once I check in I am hitting mystery park anyways. Or do I just grab my own luggage? It shouldn't be a big deal, it is just one suitcase. WWYD?

So incorrect ME stuff is here and hotel stuff should be here any day now I think. Ticket arrived weeks and weeks ago. It is so cute. It is the dwarves going down Splash (how did they know it is my favorite?:goodvibes ) and says something about everyone being happy no matter what their name is. Cute factor of 10+!

Speaking of tickets, here is a question for you. I have a 4 day hopper on this ticket. We are going again in January as you know and hitting 2 parks. I am also going next August (even though Grumpy is now pretending it is the first time he has heard this, silly man) with just Belle. I don't know what our dates will be for that though yet, probably around the same time I am going this year. So do I expand my ticket to a 6 day No Expiration to cover my January trip? Do I go for a 10 day No Expiration to cover most of the August trip? It would be cheaper right? I mean to at least go for the 6 day over using this one this trip and then buying a seperate 2 day ticket for January? We don't need hopping for that trip but I guess if I add on I would have it anyway.

Oh and regarding the January trip, I might as well add this in here a sort of Pre-Trip within a Pre-Trip, we got our ADRs. We have 50's Prime Time for lunch on the 9th and Kona for dinner on the 10th. It will be our celebratory, we did it dinner. My plan is after the race to go back to our rooms, shower, rest and then in the afternoon hit the MK. Over to Poly for dinner and hopefully back to MK for a little bit depending on how folks are feeling I guess.

Oh and get this, while we are in the Bahamas we have decided, well my friend Snow White (we are travelling with our best friends, she I will call Snow White, maybe Snow for short, because she is just the most lovely, caring person in the world and everyone loves her and he I will call Doc because he is smart and wonderful too) and I , that we want to renew our vows. And we pretty much told Grumpy and Doc that this would be happening. You see this January trip is many things. It is the race, it is the trip off the bucket list, it is within the year of us all turning 40 and it is the year we all celebrate 15 years of marriage. What better time to throw a vow renewal in too? So we looked and for $500 Sandals will do a vow renewal. Ummm, no thanks. We'll do our own! So we are. We are picking a night and going to the beach at sunset. We'll just do our own thing, we'll video them, they'll video us, we'll all write our vows and voila, instant vow renewal. I even bought a dress already. Yup, I'm a planner. I knew vow renewal on beach in the Bahamas? Must be white eyelet! Right? Isn't that the first thought you had too?

100_9820.jpg

It is a Lilly Pulitzer and I got it new for $31!

:offtopic: Goofy turns 6 tomorrow! Yeah for Goofy! We got him a couple of Indiana Jones Lego sets, I know he'll be excited! His party is Saturday. He can't wait to be 6!

Allyson:surfweb:

I have never been over to the transportation board and while I laughed at the Seinfeld reference, I don't know if I will ever have the nerve to go over there now!

Love the wedding vow renewals and the dress -- it's just gorgeous!!! What a fun trip that will be!

Where in the world did you find a Lily Pulitzer dress for $31???

Chelsea turns 11 tomorrow! :goodvibes And July 17 is the day Disneyland opened! I hope Goofy has a fabulous b-day!

I have never been over to the transportation board and while I laughed at the Seinfeld reference, I don't know if I will ever have the nerve to go over there now!

Love the wedding vow renewals and the dress -- it's just gorgeous!!! What a fun trip that will be!

Where in the world did you find a Lily Pulitzer dress for $31???

Chelsea turns 11 tomorrow! :goodvibes And July 17 is the day Disneyland opened! I hope Goofy has a fabulous b-day!
ebay my friend! Got to love ebay!
Happy Birthday to Chelsea! July 17th is a special day for both of us!

Allyson

ebay my friend! Got to love ebay!
Happy Birthday to Chelsea! July 17th is a special day for both of us!

Allyson

I should get on ebay more often! I love Lily Pulitzer stuff, but can never justify the price.

Still OT, but do you find yourself thinking about what you were doing six years ago? Charles and I went out for pizza and then went to see Men in Black at the movies. The next morning I was headed to the hospital! :rotfl:

Absolutely! I was scheduled for a c-section July 26 (he was due July 31, my first two were c-sections so we scheduled another). Well on July 16th I went and had a massage. I asked the guy if he knew how to start labor, I had heard that it could happen. He did and said it wasn't a guarantee but he would try. He focused on two spots, my ankle and shoulder. Weird huh? Well by the time I got home I started having contractions! I had an appt that afternoon and they were not strong but were coming pretty consistantly. They sent me home. That night I went for a walk with a friend and then watched "I Am Sam" with DH. Next morning still coming. Back to the Dr and practically beg to go to the hospital. They send me over and while they are still not intensifying they are coming regularly. Finally a few hours later an OR opens and they decide to do the C-section.

3:51pm and he is born, 13 days early, 8lbs 11oz, good thing he didn't cook the whole time! LOL!

Allyson

love the update Allyson,

OMG I LOVE that dress!!! so special about the vow renewal, what a blast to share it with your best friends...

You'll have to price out the tickets and see if you can manage it all up front I guess.

Absolutely! I was scheduled for a c-section July 26 (he was due July 31, my first two were c-sections so we scheduled another). Well on July 16th I went and had a massage. I asked the guy if he knew how to start labor, I had heard that it could happen. He did and said it wasn't a guarantee but he would try. He focused on two spots, my ankle and shoulder. Weird huh? Well by the time I got home I started having contractions! I had an appt that afternoon and they were not strong but were coming pretty consistantly. They sent me home. That night I went for a walk with a friend and then watched "I Am Sam" with DH. Next morning still coming. Back to the Dr and practically beg to go to the hospital. They send me over and while they are still not intensifying they are coming regularly. Finally a few hours later an OR opens and they decide to do the C-section.

3:51pm and he is born, 13 days early, 8lbs 11oz, good thing he didn't cook the whole time! LOL!

Allyson

Who would have thought the shoulder and the ankle???

No kidding about not cooking the whole time!!! He would have been a 10-pounder! :eek:

what a gorgeous dress!! and kudos to you guys for doing the renewal yourselves. how special.:thumbsup2 :cool1:

Love the dress! Great idea about do-it-yourself renewals! It'll be more special that way anyway! :love:

I say if you can swing the extra cost of the 10 day no expiration tickets, then I would do that! :thumbsup2

Your plans sound great, especially the vow renewals.

And your dress is just beautiful!!!

Happy Birthday Goofy :)

Happy Birthday Goofy!!!

Great find on the dress!!!

I would def upgrade the ticket, it'll make it cheaper later!

I say - go for broke!! If your next year trip is within a year of this trip I would upgrade to an annual pass then all the trips would be covered......plus if you decide you really like this solo-thing you could try to sneak another one in! My first solo trip was part of a business trip - I added a couple days ahead of the conference, I bought an annual pass because we were planning a week+ family vacation so it was cheaper to include it all together. The next year rolled around and I told my husband I "had" to go back before my pass expired.......and he said ok :cool1: So I go two solo trips and a family trip out of my pass

The dress is just beautiful! How very special to renew your vows with dear friends :goodvibes

It sounds like everything else is coming together as well...I haven't been to the Transportation boards, but I have a feeling I would probably feel awkward as well, so thanks for that heads up! I hope you got the answers you needed though...

Here's wishing Goofy a wonderful Bday!! :cake: :bday:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GOOFY!:thumbsup2 I hope he had a great day! Allyson, I feel like I am sooooo far behind!:scared1: That is AWESOME about the vow renewal! How special! I am envious, you really seem to have such a carefree spirit! My DH and I ran a marathon (the marine corp) in 10/ 2005 and the feeling of finishing that was INCREDIBLE! I wish you the BEST of luck you will feel so awesome when you finish!:thumbsup2 Oh by the way, that dress is BEAUTIFUL and PERFECT for the Bahamas! I say get the 10 day no expire you know it will be worth it!! I hope your solo trip is all you want it to be, you deserve it!:goodvibes

Happy Birthday Mr. Goofy! :cool1: :thumbsup2 :goodvibes :wizard: :woohoo: :yay: pirate:

The Lily dress is AMAZING and I am impressed with your bargain hunting ability. I love a "do it yourself" vow renewal. Sounds fantastic and what better way to celebrate than with your best friends.

Tough to say whether I'd trust the cross it out method on ME. Although you'll be by yourself and if pack your essentials in your carryon and have to buy yourself a few t-shirts would that be so bad?? :rolleyes1

I'm no expert but yes it would seem like the longer pass would offer you more value. Heck- why not go for the annual pass and find some more reasons to visit? :rolleyes:

Happy Birthday to Goofy :cake: It was my DD's Birthday on the 16th and my wedding anniversary the 15th, she always used to say she was born the day after Mummy and Daddy got married :eek: She always forgot the year and a day bit :rotfl:

Your wedding vow renewal sounds beautiful and even more special that you're doing it your way, gorgeous dress too :)

I would say buy the longer 10 day ticket as it will be so much cheaper!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter