The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 3! ~ Posts #1 & #2 are MUST sees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
being a transplant from up north, I could never perfect sweet tea until I got a mr. coffee tea maker - you brew the tea and add the sugar to the container and the hot tea dissolves it - my true southern friends throw some tea bags in a pot of boiling water, let it steep and add large amounts of sugar! and it always tastes delicious - so yes, true sweet tea is brewed with lots of sugar!

All this talk of Sweet Tea is making me gag! I live in GA, but I'm from the North. We like muddy water up there. Just plain old brewed tea! I throw in some green tea bags these day for the added health benefit, but still keep the regular ones in there. If it's not the right color, DH knows I'm tricking him... :rotfl:

being a transplant from up north, I could never perfect sweet tea until I got a mr. coffee tea maker - you brew the tea and add the sugar to the container and the hot tea dissolves it - my true southern friends throw some tea bags in a pot of boiling water, let it steep and add large amounts of sugar! and it always tastes delicious - so yes, true sweet tea is brewed with lots of sugar!

This is pretty much how we make tea here in GA. Boil tea bags and then add the brewed tea to about 1.5-2 cups of sugar in a gallon container then fill with cold water and mix! I also make mine with a mr. coffee tea maker just because I always seem to burn my tea and burnt tea is the worst! I dont think I have ever had sweet tea made with simple syrup. :confused3

Yep, that's what I do!! I lived in Boston for 38 yrs, but grew up in the South (Grandmother from Mississippi). When we moved here 3 yrs ago, I could not wait to order "Sweet tea" and not be looked at like I was from another planet!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ohh, it's sooo good!! Well, not McDonald's - it is not authentic sweet tea.

We have two seperate ressies for POP Sept 24th-30th we want to try to get connecting rooms. How do we go about putting in a request for connecting rooms with two ressie numbers?
Thanks

I had never heard the term "sweet tea" until I joined these boards! At all of the chain restaurants (Applebee's, TGI Friday's, etc) they serve iced tea (which is sweetened). It just says iced tea on the menu. I actually had some iced tea with my lunch today. It was a bottle of Lipton's Raspberry iced tea. So delish! I too was told by some of my Southern friends about how to make sweet tea. You can always learn something new on the DIS! :goodvibes

OOh a fellow Buckeye fan! I just graduated from OSU in December. I miss Ohio!!! I am heading to POP in September with my boyfriend's family! I have been there twice but am going to going with his parents who haven't been there in like 10 years and his sister and nephew who went last year but said at Movies! Soo Excited! I love Pop Century!

Does anyone know if when you check in both guests have to be present?? I made the reso but will not be there until a day after they check in? It is under his name but not sure if I have to be there since I made it? Thanks!!!:confused3

I also go solo, and have the best time ever...I have also traveled all over the world solo......It is great

I've traveled solo as well throughout Europe, but WDW does not appeal to me solo - I find it more fun with friends or family...but...having said that...those times when I'd like a few days away, I sometimes wish I could enjoy WDW alone; I go on retreat, instead. :goodvibes

I had never heard the term "sweet tea" until I joined these boards! At all of the chain restaurants (Applebee's, TGI Friday's, etc) they serve iced tea (which is sweetened). It just says iced tea on the menu. I actually had some iced tea with my lunch today. It was a bottle of Lipton's Raspberry iced tea. So delish! I too was told by some of my Southern friends about how to make sweet tea. You can always learn something new on the DIS! :goodvibes

That's just a sweetened brand, not authentic sweet tea - for someone who grew up on real sweet tea, the chains are awful!! And real sweet tea is never flavored. :thumbsup2 That would be considered - of all things..a flavored iced tea!!;)

count me in for a Dec. trip Leaving Dec 3rd till Dec 13th Trip booked air tickets done, window decor ready . This trip is a girls trip dd and gd and myself the 3 of us have done girls trip in 04 07 and all have been to Pop

We have two seperate ressies for POP Sept 24th-30th we want to try to get connecting rooms. How do we go about putting in a request for connecting rooms with two ressie numbers?
Thanks

:wave:

If you booked the reservation directly through WDW reservations, call and ask them to link the reservations (have the res numbers handy). If booked through a TA, just ask her/him to have the reservations linked. Be sure to request connecting rooms, and you can always send a fax a few days prior to arrival.

If your rooms are not connecting at check-in, don't hesitate to ask the CM if s/he could try to find connecting rooms for you. POP CM's are generally very good about finding another room location.

Have a great trip!!! :goodvibes

count me in for a Dec. trip Leaving Dec 3rd till Dec 13th Trip booked air tickets done, window decor ready . This trip is a girls trip dd and gd and myself the 3 of us have done girls trip in 04 07 and all have been to Pop

How exciting!!!! :yay: Have a great trip!! :goodvibes

That's just a sweetened brand, not authentic sweet tea - for someone who grew up on real sweet tea, the chains are awful!! And real sweet tea is never flavored. :thumbsup2 That would be consdiered -of all things..a flavored iced tea!!;)

Amen, sister! I grew up with a pitcher of sweet tea ALWAYS ready in the fridge - and still have it there now - if my kids ask for "sweet tea" in a restaurant north of the Mason Dixon, the server looks at them like they have three heads! And adding the sugar to "iced tea" isn't the same - it has to be added while the tea is still hot, or it doesn't taste the same - anyhoo - enough with the sweet tea lecture - carry on!:rotfl:

That's just a sweetened brand, not authentic sweet tea - for someone who grew up on real sweet tea, the chains are awful!! And real sweet tea is never flavored. :thumbsup2 That would be considered - of all things..a flavored iced tea!!;)

Gotcha. I guess I will have to try some authentic sweet tea sometime. But for now, regular old iced tea is just fine with me! :thumbsup2 Ok, enough about the tea.....

I cannot wait until our stay at POP 2 days from now! :banana::cool1::cheer2: My DD is so excited to stay there. This thread has been so helpful to me since I've never stayed at Pop before. I just want to give a big thank you to all of you that have contributed. Having everything in one spot is so helpful and this thread has also been a lot of fun. THANKS!

Have a great B/Day trip mine is several months away and have done all I can, waiting for candle light info to start showing up . Since this is an early Christmas Present for GD she will not be told till Thanksgiving PM and then she doesn' have so long to wait. She will be 9 and waiting is o so hard. It will be her 6th trip, and we have been telling her she will be 16 before she will get to go back. Hope I can keep this a secret that long this has been planned for a yr.

Have a great B/Day trip mine is several months away and have done all I can, waiting for candle light info to start showing up . Since this is an early Christmas Present for GD she will not be told till Thanksgiving PM and then she doesn' have so long to wait. She will be 9 and waiting is o so hard. It will be her 6th trip, and we have been telling her she will be 16 before she will get to go back. Hope I can keep this a secret that long this has been planned for a yr.

Ooo..a surprise trip! We surprised our DD back in January and it was so worth it. Keeping it quiet got very hard towards the end, but we did it!

Oh, what fun!! It would be difficult for me to keep the surprise - I get so excited want to share! I'd make up a special countdown calendar. ::yes::

It will be so neat when you tell her on Thanksgiving!! Can hardly wait 'till my baby DGD is old enough for her first WDW trip. We're planning on the summer of her 4th birthday so she can look forward to it and really enjoy it. I'll play Disney sing-a-longs and vacation DVD's all summer for her. See, I'm planning already! :rotfl:

Happy planning - you're going to have so much fun!! :goodvibes

They didnt happen to add sweet tea with the new machines did they? That is one of my very few gripes about WDW (and most of FL) is that they dont have sweet tea available.

I don't know much about tea, only what is posted here. I think it's really gross. LOL!

Okay I followed the link !!I think I have been on all 3 !! Does that make me a vet or what!!!:lmao: Now to read Chapter 3!!!!:surfweb:

I think there was 1 or 2 before Buckeye girl started too, and I know I was on at least one of them, so this is at least my 4th Pop thread. LOL!

I read a rumor on some other thread that they are no longer allowing you to decorate your windows. Any truth to this rumor?:confused3

And refillable mugs - are they specific to each resort?

You can't use paints, and marker type stuff. But window clings are OK.

Really?? WOW something new for me.:goodvibes I aways get teased on vacation when I go on vacation in the states and ask for ice tea or for slushies. :rotfl:

It's iced tea in Ohio too. My dad always drinks it, but I have never liked it at all. I never even heard of sweet tea till a year or so ago here on DIS.
We also call them sluchies here too or icees, which is just a brand name for slushies. (or slurpies at 7-11) Frozen cokes are jsut that, coke that is frozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter