The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 3! ~ Posts #1 & #2 are MUST sees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just a sweetened brand, not authentic sweet tea - for someone who grew up on real sweet tea, the chains are awful!! And real sweet tea is never flavored. :thumbsup2 That would be considered - of all things..a flavored iced tea!!;)

Well, I brew mint in my sweet tea in the summer, I think that's quintessentially southern! I'm with ya', can't stand the fake stuff! But Hardee's and Bojangles make a decent tea!

17 hours, 6 minutes, 42 seconds, until check in at POP, but who's counting?

If I make some "posters" on card stock, what would be the best way to put them up? Thanks! I am so glad the kiddie pool is back in commission!

Well, I brew mint in my sweet tea in the summer, I think that's quintessentially southern! I'm with ya', can't stand the fake stuff! But Hardee's and Bojangles make a decent tea!

If I make some "posters" on card stock, what would be the best way to put them up? Thanks! I am so glad the kiddie pool is back in commission!

Gee, wonder who????:thumbsup2 Maybe someone will have a good idea, but might want to stay away from tape b/c that was one of the no-no's that caused the no decoration announcement by Disney Resorts. Could make window clings instead? I know it is a different effect. If you're planning on hanging it on the door, how about one of those door hangers for wreaths and such - $1 at the dollar store. Or for a window )although it would block the light) suction cups - you could attach string to the poster board and hang it on the hooks.

Have fun!!! :goodvibes

(I don't why Disney has gotten so fussy, since they do minimal cleaning now anyway....well, maybe that is why!! :rotfl:)

Sticky tack. It's the white stuff that kind of looks like clay (but doesn't stain or leave marks) designed for holding up posters. It would work on the door or window. You can get it at any hardware store or drugstore (CVS) or places like Walmart. Usually about $2 for a pack, which would be more than enough for a trip.

Plus it's great for the kids to use to play with in line and on the plane. We first bought it for a trip when my kids were 1-4 (long drive out to NY). It stretches, so they could use it like clay on the car windows, play tic-tac-toe, mold things out of it and then just crush it all back into a ball which they could keep in their pocket. We've never gone on another trip without it, and even now my 17 year old senior says it's the only way he gets through his most boring classes!

I see others answered, but no tape.
You could attach magnets to the back and hang them on the door though

I have some say that Magnets pull the paint off the doors.:confused3 I just wanted to let you know by personal experience that I have gone to POP 3 times and have always used a ton of magnets on the door and I have never had a problem. I think that is the safest way to hang stuff on the door.

Another idea is buy the heavy duty clips with magnet backs in the office supply area at Walmart. I think it's a $1.19 per two clips.

Sticky tack. It's the white stuff that kind of looks like clay (but doesn't stain or leave marks) designed for holding up posters. It would work on the door or window. You can get it at any hardware store or drugstore (CVS) or places like Walmart. Usually about $2 for a pack, which would be more than enough for a trip.

Plus it's great for the kids to use to play with in line and on the plane. We first bought it for a trip when my kids were 1-4 (long drive out to NY). It stretches, so they could use it like clay on the car windows, play tic-tac-toe, mold things out of it and then just crush it all back into a ball which they could keep in their pocket. We've never gone on another trip without it, and even now my 17 year old senior says it's the only way he gets through his most boring classes!

That sounds like really cool stuff. Adding to my grocery list.

Hi! I have yet another question.....I see that if you plan on taking the disney transportation from the airport you can have it so that they take your luggage....but it could take 3-4hours to get it? We arrive at 8:40pm and will be putting the boys to bed once we get there.....should we just get our own luggage or does it not really take that long to get it?

Hi! I have yet another question.....I see that if you plan on taking the disney transportation from the airport you can have it so that they take your luggage....but it could take 3-4hours to get it? We arrive at 8:40pm and will be putting the boys to bed once we get there.....should we just get our own luggage or does it not really take that long to get it?

:wave: Hmmm..never know if your flight will be delayed and the resorts do not deliver after 10 p.m. So to be safe I would take whatever you need for bedtime in a carry on. If you are traveling with DH (or a friend), one of you could go down to luggage storage and retrieve the luggage if you don't get it before 10 - but I'd still pack a carry-on with the bedtime needs.

If not delivered by 10, then it would be delivered the next day. I'd pick up my luggage at the airport so I could unpack and be all settled that night.
If you're going to pick up your luggage from baggage claim, remember not to put on the baggage tags Disney sends!:thumbsup2

(p.s. never too many questions!)

We just got back yesterday and my boys played in the kiddie pool twice during the week. I noticed it was closed a couple mornings, but was always open when we got back in the afternoon.

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

So glad to hear that the pool is open again!!! My DDs have been asking weekly. I had to tell them it was closed in case it still was for our trip.

Thanks for the great new chapter!!

Does anyone have a picture of the kiddie pool?

Go to Post #1, and you'll find a link to a picture to each pool at Pop. It will be under the Amenities section. You can also do a keyword search on Page 1 of this thread for "wading pool" and quicky retreive it as well.

Sticky tack. It's the white stuff that kind of looks like clay (but doesn't stain or leave marks) designed for holding up posters.....

I love this stuff, too! Another brand name of the same stuff is Plasti-Tak. You'll also find it in yellow. To add to the list of resources, I'm 95% certain I've purchased it at Michael's and/or Jo-Ann's before, too.

Go to Post #1, and you'll find a link to a picture to each pool at Pop. It will be under the Amenities section. You can also do a keyword search on Page 1 of this thread for "wading pool" and quicky retreive it as well.

Is that a very recent picture? When we were there in May they had the whole thing torn up. I wonder if it still looks the same.

Is that a very recent picture? When we were there in May they had the whole thing torn up. I wonder if it still looks the same.

Good question as to if it's the same now. From what I recall reading, this wasn't a planned event (not on the published WDW refurbishment and closure calendar), so I would imagine if there were alterations that they were minor. HOWEVER...we all know what happens when you (I) "assUme". :)

So recent guests, what's the verdict? Is it the same as it had been?

Good question as to if it's the same now. From what I recall reading, this wasn't a planned event (not on the published WDW refurbishment and closure calendar), so I would imagine if there were alterations that they were minor. HOWEVER...we all know what happens when you (I) "assUme". :)

So recent guests, what's the verdict? Is it the same as it had been?

Yeah, I'm curious. When we were there I saw big chunks of concrete and piles of dirt where they dug it up. Maybe they had to repair a pipe for the pop jets or something like that. I know it was a great thing for kids before, I hope it's still the same.

I love this stuff, too! Another brand name of the same stuff is Plasti-Tak. You'll also find it in yellow. To add to the list of resources, I'm 95% certain I've purchased it at Michael's and/or Jo-Ann's before, too.

My kids have had it in white, orange, blue, and yellow, but assure me that the white is the "good" stuff! :rotfl:

Edited to add also that the blue I have had leave marks on the walls (white) if it was left up too long.

Oh cool... thanks!

I'm going to be sure to take some with me on my next trip! I wonder if the people at home depot wonder why the lime green paint chips always run out so fast! :rotfl:

I have heard that if your flight arrives after 10, then the luggage won't be delivered til lthe next day, or you need to pick it up yourself. If you put the ME tags on it then the luggage will not come out with the other luggage to pick up though. Always pack what you will need the first day, regardless though, in cese luggage gets lost, or just in using ME, because it can take awhile for it to come...but it is really nice not having to retrieve it.

My kids have had it in white, orange, blue, and yellow, but assure me that the white is the "good" stuff! :rotfl:

Edited to add also that the blue I have had leave marks on the walls (white) if it was left up too long.

I was thinking the same thing. I like the blue the best, but it does leave marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter