The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 3! ~ Posts #1 & #2 are MUST sees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a rumor on some other thread that they are no longer allowing you to decorate your windows. Any truth to this rumor?:confused3

And refillable mugs - are they specific to each resort?

Yes they did! I'm very happy too - I love iced tea, but it's not usually sweetened at the restaurants, so I drink pink lemonade for a week straight. :scared:

Yummy! Too bad they don't have the frozen drinks any more, but I will gladly take the sweetened tea. :cool1:

It looks like a few of us Dissers will be at POP in December. My family will be there starting the 10th. It is our first stay at POP. We requested connecting rooms, non preferred. Can't wait!!!:santa::santa::santa:

You're so going to love it!! :goodvibes And you're right, it seems a bunch of us will be there in December! I'm going to have a big lime-green Mickey head on our door with a pen for signing it. Feel free to leave a note if you walk past! :)

I read a rumor on some other thread that they are no longer allowing you to decorate your windows. Any truth to this rumor?:confused3

And refillable mugs - are they specific to each resort?

So far those who decorate with easily removable decorations and remove everything before check out, have not had a problem.

Guests were leaving decorations behind for housekeeping to clean up.

Have a great trip!! :goodvibes

So far those who decorate with easily removable decorations and remove everything before check out, have not had a problem.

Guests were leaving decorations behind for housekeeping to clean up.

Have a great trip!! :goodvibes

Now that's just not nice. Maybe they thought they were leaving it for the next person to use.

I personally have never decorated my window or doors with anything other than stuffed animals. However, I have thought about it many times. I think all of the decorations look so cute! I love looking at everyone else's decorations.

Now that's just not nice. Maybe they thought they were leaving it for the next person to use.

I personally have never decorated my window or doors with anything other than stuffed animals. However, I have thought about it many times. I think all of the decorations look so cute! I love looking at everyone else's decorations.

We did that once - we removed all the window decorations except the lights around the window. We thought maybe the next guests would enjoy it as it was December. After we were checked out we started thinking - maybe housekeeping could not leave the lights up and would have to take the time to remove it...or what if the next guest did not celebrate Christmas? Well, we neve left any decorations again!!

I'm planning on putting up Christmas lights for my trip Dec 7-15. Maybe I'll get some green ones.

They didnt happen to add sweet tea with the new machines did they? That is one of my very few gripes about WDW (and most of FL) is that they dont have sweet tea available.

From what I understand is that the slushies (canadian thing);) or frozen coke that the US say it was replaced with sweet tea (US thing);) or ice tea (Canadian thing);) overall it's all the same thing. Did you understand that mummble jummble from me?:confused3:rolleyes1

In Buffalo (and Syracuse) it's always called iced tea. Most restaurants have both sweetened and unsweetened iced tea.

In Buffalo (and Syracuse) it's always called iced tea. Most restaurants have both sweetened and unsweetened iced tea.

Really?? WOW something new for me.:goodvibes I aways get teased on vacation when I go on vacation in the states and ask for ice tea or for slushies. :rotfl:

I just love your energy going solo!! Wish I was as brave! :goodvibes

I love solo. I love trips with family and friends but love the solo too. It's all about ME. :yay: My favorite rides, my favorite snacks, going comando or taking it slow and people watching. There's always someone to talk to inline or on the bus. People strike up conversations with me all the time. I also call my DH to check about 4 or 5 times day or he's calling me.

i'm trying to get the courage up to travel to Tokyo Disney in a few years. Not sure if DH will be going but I'll meet up with friends either way.

From what I understand is that the slushies (canadian thing);) or frozen coke that the US say it was replaced with sweet tea (US thing);) or ice tea (Canadian thing);) overall it's all the same thing. Did you understand that mummble jummble from me?:confused3:rolleyes1

We have slushies here in the southern US. I had no idea that it was a Canadian thing. Also, sweet tea is more of a southern US thing. Elsewhere in the US if you ask for iced tea you will be served iced unsweetened tea. In most southern areas, if you order iced tea you will be asked to specify sweet or unsweet. :goodvibes

It's called Sweet Tea in the South(if you want it sweetened) and otherwise just Iced Tea here and everywhere else I've lived in the US. :thumbsup2

Hi everyone!

I made the move over....:woohoo:

Yeah! Good to see you here!! :goodvibes

I love solo. I love trips with family and friends but love the solo too.
i'm trying to get the courage up to travel to Tokyo Disney in a few years. Not sure if DH will be going but I'll meet up with friends either way.

That would be so much fun! Hope you do get to go! :goodvibes

I grew up in Massachusetts and it was ice tea; then I moved to Virginia and was introduced into sweet tea - big difference! But I love my sweet tea now!:goodvibes

sounds like it's a safe and wonderful place....thanks for all the assurance!! we are looking forward to going....I love the thread with all the pics., it makes us even more excited!!

YGNQRQKFFJMQQFBDNJFC.jpg
Being I'm an Ohio Buckeye, I'm no expert (I truly believe in the South it's perfected), yet I understand the distinct difference between Sweet Tea and sweetened tea is that Sweet Tea uses a simple syrup.

Simple syrup is made with sugar and water, heated until all of the sugar is melted. Then that's added to the tea. Very different taste than having the sugar dissolve in the iced tea! Hmmmmm....maybe I should make some today!

sounds like it's a safe and wonderful place....thanks for all the assurance!! we are looking forward to going....I love the thread with all the pics., it makes us even more excited!!

45214472.welcome.gif
I'm so glad to hear that you're looking forward to your vacation at WDW and Pop! Let us know if you have any questions that weren't answered already!

YGNQRQKFFJMQQFBDNJFC.jpg
Being I'm an Ohio Buckeye, I'm no expert (I truly believe in the South it's perfected), yet I understand the distinct difference between Sweet Tea and sweetened tea is that Sweet Tea uses a simple syrup.

Simple syrup is made with sugar and water, heated until all of the sugar is melted. Then that's added to the tea. Very different taste than having the sugar dissolve in the iced tea! Hmmmmm....maybe I should make some today!

I had a southerner tell me that it's brewed with the sugar and that's what makes the difference. Don't know if that is correct or not.

I had a southerner tell me that it's brewed with the sugar and that's what makes the difference. Don't know if that is correct or not.

Ahhh! I'm sure a true southerner can tell us the right way they make it! (important things in life, ya know!) :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter