The Great Make Up Trip Of 2008~7/22- SEE YOU REAL SOON! (pg. 86) ~COMPLETED~

As you come into the theater avoid the front right section of seats....that's where the big mean bug (I forgot his name) jumps up from.

DS did fine on all the other parts of the show. It really was a cute show and he wasn't even scared of the big grasshopper. But that fumigation part is where he lost it. Guess it depends on the child.
Thank you about the pics and about DS:hug:
We had a lot of fun with FJ. ;)

I agree! We got seats in the middle of the row so we were good as far as that goes. But we were on the 2nd row which I think may have been a bit too close to the screen.

Thanks for the tips -- I will definitely commit them to memory!

We are eating at Yak and Yeti in June, and I am very excited. I was already planning on ordering the shrimp lo mein, so I am thrilled to hear you liked it. Looking at the drink menu, I really like the sound of the Shanghai Express and the Everest Avalanche. :thumbsup2

Too bad about missing Winkers :(.

When I last left off we were heading out of EE and going toward the Safari ride to use our other fast passes. It was extremely hot but ds worked at keeping us all cool by playing with his new sprayer/fan. When we made it over to the ride we entered the que and made it between 1/4 to 1/2 way down the line to where they take your stroller. The fast pass line was stopped at that point!:scared1: There was another family talking with the CM in front of us so we didn't want to interrupt to ask what was going on. We just waited for about 5 minutes and a voice came over the loud speaker saying a truck was broke down and that they'd have it back up in a few minutes. It was so hot in that point of the line. There were so many people and no breeze. We excused ourselves up to the stroller point and then got the heck out of there!! We said we'd come back to ride it later but we never did. We headed out to the car so that we could let DS have his nap. When we got to the car the thermometer said the outside temp was 94 degree's. :eek: Heat and cement just don't mix.

Once DS had his nap we decided to head out for our first counter service meal at the Riverside Mill food court. We debated on buying ourselves the refillable mugs and decided to get them. I am happy to say that we used these mugs MUCH MORE than I ever thought we would. We love them and plan on getting them again on our next trip! Every morning I filled mine with coffee and every afternoon an icy cold coke or lemonade. I can't remember what we each had for dinner that evening. We only ate dinner there once but had breakfast there every morning except for the day we had the breakfast ADR's at Crystal Palace. Here are a couple of pics from the seating area. Sorry I didn't take more. I should have taken at least one of the food court itself.
2497805114_4b12398d50_b.jpg

2496978211_31afa20382_b.jpg

This one was taken through the window from our table. Nice view of the marina.
2497806646_348d44cf8f_b.jpg

After our dinner we decided to walk around a little to kill time before our Carriage ride reservation at 7pm. We crossed the bridge from the marina/main building area toward the main pool and a nice lady asked if I'd like her to take our picture. Afterward she giggled and told me that would probably be the only one with me in it or all 3 of us in it for the entire trip. I laughed and agreed with her. She was pretty darn close to being right!! There are only 2-3 pictures of all 3 of us from the entire trip. I also have to add here since we are on the subject....we did not use photopass AT ALL this trip. :scared: I'm still not even sure how this happened since I planned to do it more than last trip. I'm thinking it's because every photopass photographer we'd come across, there was a line waiting. We sort of feel like line waiting is for rides and even then we don't wait "too" long.
Anyway, back to the TR. Here is the pic she snapped of us...
2496982253_ecc808bb79.jpg

After she left, I snapped this pictures from the bridge...
Marina side:
2497807556_b1b106735d_b.jpg

Restaurant side:
2496981563_7bccaebf89_b.jpg

We continued on and came to the pool area....
2497810826_777efe9bd6_b.jpg

2497811682_7ebf937f44_b.jpg

Then we found the playground just off of the pool area and let DS play for a while. We grabbed a bench and relaxed....
2497812534_1d7debe770_b.jpg

When it was about 10-15 minutes until our carriage ride, we headed over to the pool bar and DH got a beer and I got a Mango Margarita! It fit perfectly when I poured it into my new refillable mug and it stayed cold/frozen for the entire carriage ride. :thumbsup2 I've never had a mango margarita before but I will tell you 2 things about it.....1.) It was mighty tasty and 2.) I was feeling no pain after the carriage ride! ;)
We asked our carriage driver to take a pic of us in front of the carriage. (family pic #2 for those counting)
2497826176_0cd5cfa936.jpg

I then took a pic of the beautiful horse that pulled our carriage and our driver too.
2496998931_eee3613d2d.jpg

2497827898_c220ea8e09.jpg

CONTINUED....

Here are a few scenic pictures from the ride. Keep in mind that I'm on a moving carriage, so not all of the pics are centered, straight, and some are even a little blurry...but you get the idea of how pretty it is there......
Magnolia Bend "mansions" section:
2496985741_a7022c9d92_b.jpg

2497814354_7fa57548fa_b.jpg

The water taxi going down the Sassagoula River. (Sassagoula is Indian for "little Mississippi")
2496987437_7a1b237764_b.jpg

Bridge on a main road within the resort. On the other side of the bridge down the river is Port Orleans French Quarter Resort...
2497815956_55062558be_b.jpg

The carriage ride does not go all the way down to POFQ but you do turn around in a parking lot near there. Here is a pic of one building in POFQ that I was able to snap a quick pic of...
2496988995_3e3f865ed3_b.jpg

From the bridge on the main road, looking towards POFQ...
2497817762_816133b2c3_b.jpg

More of the "Mansion's" and river...
2496990545_6703c67a1b_b.jpg

2497821200_1a264b2ff6_b.jpg

This is the bridge that was close to our building. We could just walk across here and be on the island with the main pool and main building, food court, marina, etc.
2496991459_a8eedf0e25_b.jpg

A view of the front....
2497820340_87d3ba5f56_b.jpg

2496991459_a8eedf0e25_b.jpg

Water Taxi heading back toward the Marina...
2497822004_3ec8ec2a12_b.jpg

Magnolia Terrace ~ The building we stayed in...
2497822754_d87dce7cf2_b.jpg

Entry way toward the quiet pool in the Magnolia Terrace area...
2496995333_04b060c3a6_b.jpg

View from the bridge with the Alligator Bayou section in the background...
2497824162_6a7b971955_b.jpg

View from the other side of the bridge toward the Mansion's section...
2496996775_f7f5228161_b.jpg

Turning the corner...
2496997403_0f569be017_b.jpg

We had a fabulous time doing the carriage ride. I would recommend it to anyone staying at or near this resort. We had such a nice time and it was relaxing. DS had a blast waving at everyone we would pass. If you want to do the carriage ride you have to call the reservations line and make an ADR. The cost is only $35 and you pay when you ride. You can pay cash or charge to your room.

Up next, DAY 3 ~ Hollywood Studios!! Terror, Rock & Roll, and....TOE JAM??? :scared:

Just finished reading using your handy links (thanks for them BTW) and it looks like you're having tons of fun already. What a pity you didn't meet up with Winkers though and the carriage ride looks very relaxing :)

The carriage ride looks awesome and so relaxing:goodvibes
It really was! We loved it.
The carriage ride looks fun, and a mango margarita sounds awesome! :thumbsup2
It was so much fun and the mango was YUMMY!
Just finished reading using your handy links (thanks for them BTW) and it looks like you're having tons of fun already. What a pity you didn't meet up with Winkers though and the carriage ride looks very relaxing :)
YAY!!:yay: Glad you're here.
The carriage ride was very nice!! Loved it.

Beautiful pictures cherie!:lovestruc
I really want to stay at that resort!

Beautiful pictures cherie!:lovestruc
I really want to stay at that resort!

Thanks!:)
POR was really beautiful and it was also quiet which I loved. It has a real laid back feel to it but they still had a lot of fun going on there. We didn't even do half of the stuff there was to do at the resort, and we did a lot!

The carriage ride looks so great! DH proposed to me on a sleigh ride in the winter time, so a carriage ride would be a nice thing to do on our anniversary when we're there! Again, your pictures are beautiful!

Wow, Magnolia section is gorgeous. We stayed in alligator bayou on our honeymoon. we requested mansion section, but it was full

I have so got to get back there

You took such beautiful pictures.!!!

Great Update Blue!!

The carriage ride looks so great! DH proposed to me on a sleigh ride in the winter time, so a carriage ride would be a nice thing to do on our anniversary when we're there! Again, your pictures are beautiful!
Awww, that's so sweet! That would be a good re-visit of your proposal. :lovestruc

Wow, Magnolia section is gorgeous. We stayed in alligator bayou on our honeymoon. we requested mansion section, but it was full

I have so got to get back there

You took such beautiful pictures.!!!

Thanks about the pics. I really liked the Magnolia section. I did walk through some of the AB section and I really liked it there too. Unfortunately that day I didn't have my camera. I went down to refill our mugs while DH and DS took a nap and I decided on a whim to take the long way back. It was a nice walk.

such a great update and pics.

Loved the pics of Riverside Mill. I am upset we are not going there, I feel like i am cheating on someone.

I had that mango margarita. yummy. and it was strong.

The carriage ride looks like a lot of fun.

such a great update and pics.

Loved the pics of Riverside Mill. I am upset we are not going there, I feel like i am cheating on someone.

I had that mango margarita. yummy. and it was strong.

The carriage ride looks like a lot of fun.
Yeah, but you're going to BCV!! I'm sure you'll feel better as soon as you get there. :thumbsup2
Mango Margarita=GOOD!!
Carriage ride was so nice.

The carriage ride looks like a lot of fun -- I had played around with the idea of taking one, but wasn't sure. Now, I will have to seriously consider it!

Also adding a mango margarita to my wish list :)...

Wonderful pictures from the carriage ride! I recorded ours. I love playing it back and hearing the clip-clop of the horse's hooves. :goodvibes

You're little boy is so cute!

The carriage ride looks like a lot of fun -- I had played around with the idea of taking one, but wasn't sure. Now, I will have to seriously consider it!

Also adding a mango margarita to my wish list :)...
You should try it! It's a nice relaxing activity.
Try that mano margartia too!;)

Wonderful pictures from the carriage ride! I recorded ours. I love playing it back and hearing the clip-clop of the horse's hooves. :goodvibes

You're little boy is so cute!
I wish I would have thought to record some of it. :goodvibes
Thank you about ds:hug:

Good morning Blue!

Morning Rosie! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter