The Disney Adventures of Scooter Mom-Sept 7-14 (COMPLETE)

[/SIZEMr. cheapskate doesn't like it, he can go hungry.:lmao:]

Dat's right.

The Poly is BEAUTIFUL. :lovestruc

I'm so glad I got to see Thor's head on the monorail. He's the best.

This is just all proof that I need to visit in September... goodness! Although if I ever go in the fall I've always wanted to go in October instead, because that's my birthday month. Oh well. I'll just have to do both. Problem solved. :laughing:

It looks like your kids weren't in the mood for food pictures. :lmao:

It really is beautiful !! They need DVC there, just sayin'.

September crowds are awesome !! October isn't bad either and that is when it starts to cool down a little. I prefer October to September because of the weather. But we really had great weather on this trip. I didn't think it was hot at all. I agree that you should do both, you know for research and all.

Sometimes they just aren't in the mood for photos. DD will still strike a pose for me every now and then, but DS is just getting too cool for all of that.

I'm a little late to the party, but I'm all caught up and enjoying your TR!

It seems like you guys had much lower crowds than we encountered last week at Disney. I'll have to keep that in mind when we think about when to go next year.

That pork sandwich at the Poly looks super yummy! I'll have to store that away for future trips.

Looking forward to your night at the MNSSHP!

I'm a little late to the party, but I'm all caught up and enjoying your TR!

It seems like you guys had much lower crowds than we encountered last week at Disney. I'll have to keep that in mind when we think about when to go next year.

That pork sandwich at the Poly looks super yummy! I'll have to store that away for future trips.

Looking forward to your night at the MNSSHP!

:welcome: So glad you stopped by !!

Crowds were amazing !! I mean people were there, but we didn't have to wait much for anything.

Yes, the sammich was yummo !! I could so go for one of those right now !!!

Day 5 – Part 4

So then we went over to Storybook Circus to meet up with DD and DH.

DSC04745.jpg

DD had ridden the tea cups by herself this time, then they rode the Speedway

DSC04720.jpg

and then they rode the Barnstormer once and were getting ready to ride again.

DSC04747.jpg

DSC04723.jpg

DSC04724.jpg

DSC04728.jpg

Barn1_zpsf0e870cc.jpg

barn2_zpsec90e61c.jpg

DD just loves this coaster. I tried to take a video with my iPhone

While I was doing that, DS went over to the Casey Jr. Splash Pad and got SOAKED !!

DSC04729.jpg

DH took pictures of the splash pad

DSC04731.jpg

DSC04733.jpg

DSC04734.jpg

Then we headed back over towards Stitch’s Great Escape where they had an area set up where we could get our wristbands for the party.

Wrist_zpsc3e3d1ad.jpg

And Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party our maps that show us where the treat stops were and all of the parties and characters

Map1_zpsbbe674e4.jpg

Map2_zpsba289079.jpg

Then we all rode the Blue train again.

DSC04426.jpg

And then DS went to ride Space Mountain for the 4th time that night while DH took DD to ride Astro Orbiter because there was no wait for that either.

DSC04716.jpg

DSC04717.jpg

I waited for everyone and put my foot up

DSC04714.jpg

Then it was 7 PM. Time for the party to start !!! DH and the kids got in line for treats.

DSC04736.jpg

DSC04737.jpg

Stitch’s Dance Party.

DSC04738.jpg

More treats

DSC04740.jpg

What kinda treats did Hannah get :goodvibes ????

Is the splash pad temporary in story book circus area ??

She got anything she could except the ones with nuts since she is allergic.

The splash pad is permanent and very hard for kids (young and old) to resist. Bring a change of clothes (even shoes) if you think yours will want to play in it. Both of mine got soaked, but didn't complain about about being wet the rest of the day.

When last I left you were on pg 6 lots of catching up but I made it.:) Loveing it so far. Cast looks cool and sorry to hear DS started feeling sick but happy it didn't last long.

When last I left you were on pg 6 lots of catching up but I made it.:) Loveing it so far. Cast looks cool and sorry to hear DS started feeling sick but happy it didn't last long.

YAY for catching up !! Yes, we were glad DS's illness seemed to be a short-lived one - Whew !!

I got new cast today because my swelling was too much for the other one and I was in agony. Feel much better now !! Same cast style though. I am really liking the tye dye.

Another day, another drenched child. :rotfl2:

Storybook Circus looks so cute, I'm thrilled I get to see everything next month.

Mapping out treat stops for MNSSHP is extremely important. Free candy yo! (well, I use the term loosely because it's "free" with the price of a ticket. :lmao:).

Hahah, your video made me laugh. It was 47 seconds long and at least half of that was the car climbing the hill. :lmao: Too funny!

Ahhh yay MNSSHP!! I want to go so badly! Can't wait to hear about the rest!

Another day, another drenched child. :rotfl2:

Storybook Circus looks so cute, I'm thrilled I get to see everything next month.

Mapping out treat stops for MNSSHP is extremely important. Free candy yo! (well, I use the term loosely because it's "free" with the price of a ticket. :lmao:).

We couldn't keep the kids out of that splash pad. They loved it. I made him take his shoes and socks off before he went over there. The only other pair of shoes we had brought for him was crocs for the pool, so I wasn't letting him get his shoes wet.

I am so bummed we aren't going next month. I was so looking forward to having our dismeet and seeing all of the Christmas decorations and the FL expansion. And the most important aspect of going to WDW at Thanksgiving .... avoiding the psychological warfare that is our family gathering at holidays.

We had a TON of candy. All we have left is Smarties and Lemon Heads. Those will probably make their way into the trash. Or maybe I will go green and put them in our trick or treat bucket for Halloween.

Hahah, your video made me laugh. It was 47 seconds long and at least half of that was the car climbing the hill. :lmao: Too funny!

Ahhh yay MNSSHP!! I want to go so badly! Can't wait to hear about the rest!

Well I have to build up suspense for my readers, ya know. :lmao: That is a really short ride, but DD really loves it.

We really had a great time at MNSSHP !! I hope you get to go sometime !! Put it on your Disney Bucket List !!

Day 5  Part 5

The costumes were really fun. I was able to sneak a photo of this family. Dad was Peter Pan, mom was Tink, little girl was Wendy, grandpa was Hook and grandma was Tiger Lily.

DSC04743.jpg

So cool !!

We continued Trick or Treating &

DSC04748.jpg

DSC04749.jpg

DSC04750.jpg

DSC04752.jpg

DSC04754.jpg

DD rode the tea cups. This time by herself.

DSC04757.jpg

Then she rode the carrousel

DSC04764.jpg

This took a while. They had some trouble with that ride for some reason. As she is riding I see some people being admitted BEHIND the construction wall in Fantasyland. I scooter over to check things out. I observe that they are letting people in for a sneak peak. I scooter back to gather my flock and we are admitted with the CM letting us know that this sections is still under construction and not finished. I was sooo excited to be a part of this !! They were letting us in for a sneak peak of Belles Enchanted Tales !!

DH took some photos.

DSC04768.jpg

You can see that there was a really long line. I was told I have to park the scooter and then get in line. Observing the length of the line, I turned back to get a vote from the rest of the family. None of them wanted to wait and the first parade was getting ready to start, so we decided to exit. I was kinda bummed, but the line was REALLY long and it didnt appear to be moving. The kids wanted to do more trick or treating, but I wanted to see the parade.

So we left and headed towards Liberty Square in hopes of finding a decent spot to watch the parade. And we did !! Right in front of the Diamond Horseshoe. But there were these spot lights that made picture taking difficult for DH.

So here are our photos of the Boo to You parade. Or the best that we could get with our point and shoot.

Headless Horseman

DSC04769.jpg

You can see the spot lights up there getting in the way. We got a pretty good one last year though.

DSC04770.jpg

DSC04771.jpg

DSC04773.jpg

DSC04775.jpg

DSC04777.jpg

DSC04781.jpg

DSC04788.jpg

DSC04795.jpg

DSC04799.jpg

DSC04801.jpg

DSC04804.jpg

I just love this parade !! The music is so infectious and seeing all of the characters dressed for Halloween is so cute. I love the Headless Horseman and the gravediggers. We didnt get a good photo of either. But they are so cool.

After the parade, we hit some more of the candy stops and then made our way over to the castle to try to get a decent spot for the fireworks. DH LOVES fireworks and he just wanted to enjoy them and not bother with getting photos that wouldnt be very good anyway, so after a couple of shots, we put the camera away.

DSC04808.jpg

DSC04811.jpg

photo.jpg

We managed to snag a very good spot and no one stood up in front of us. For once.

DSC04812.jpg

After the fireworks, we rode Peter Pan, then DD, DH and DS rode BTMRR two times and DS rode Splash Mountain. I really wanted to ride with him, but I didnt think getting in and out of the boat would be easy for me, so he went alone. And when I say alone &.. I mean he had a boat all to himself. He was pretty stoked about that.

We did some more candy trails and DD rode Aladdins Carpets and by 11:30 PM we were exhausted and we headed back to the dock to catch the boat back to Wilderness Lodge.

It was a really fun night. We got TONS of candy and saw some really cool costumes. There were a few young ladies that were dressed in a rather skimpy manner. One in particular caught DDs eye and she turned back to us to say, wow !! She really wanted us to see her b***s !!! DH and I completely cracked up when she said it. It was just so funny &. And true. Seriously, one good sneeze and this girl would have been a centerfold. Just sayin.

Wow- you are really churning out the updates. I caught up on the last couple updates this morning before I left for work and here you have gone and posted again. :rotfl2:

Anyway - Story book circus does look so cute and your daughter looks like she is really enjoying the trick or treating. I hate how they give you like one piece of candy in the beginning and then by the end of the night they are giving away handfuls. :rotfl:

I also am surprised how wet your son got in the Splash zone. I think my nephews are going to love that when they return next summer.

Wow- you are really churning out the updates. I caught up on the last couple updates this morning before I left for work and here you have gone and posted again. :rotfl2:

Anyway - Story book circus does look so cute and your daughter looks like she is really enjoying the trick or treating. I hate how they give you like one piece of candy in the beginning and then by the end of the night they are giving away handfuls. :rotfl:

I also am surprised how wet your son got in the Splash zone. I think my nephews are going to love that when they return next summer.

I try to post one a day. Since I am just laying here in the bed after this surgery, I don't have much else to do. I have been putting off checking my work e-mail this morning.

We got plenty of candy and it isn't like you can't go back through the line. I wasn't really paying attention to how much they got, but they loved it.

Yes, they need to change the name to SOAK zone, because BOTH of mine got soaked. Remember to remind them to take their shoes off, because if they are wearing tennis shoes and they get soaked, then you are asking for blisters. And often those kinds of shoes don't dry out over night.

I got new cast today because my swelling was too much for the other one and I was in agony. Feel much better now !! Same cast style though. I am really liking the tye dye.

Sorry to hear about the swelling.
You have entered the Twilight Zone. Do not touch that dial. You have entered the 1960's and love tye dye. Everything you touch will turn this way.

Sorry to hear about the swelling.
You have entered the Twilight Zone. Do not touch that dial. You have entered the 1960's and love tye dye. Everything you touch will turn this way.

Well .... it might have something to do with all of the painkillers I am taking .....

Looks like such a fun time! And it makes me really happy that all the CMs in the pictures look so happy too. :goodvibes

Looks like such a fun time! And it makes me really happy that all the CMs in the pictures look so happy too. :goodvibes

One of the CM's told me that working the party was her favorite thing to do. They were all very friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter