The Disney Adventures of Scooter Mom-Sept 7-14 (COMPLETE)

Day 4 – Part 6

The Cars section

DSC04609.jpg

DSC04610.jpg

DD had gotten a Nala plush with her money in the gift shop and the toy needed to be in all of the photos.

DSC04612.jpg

DSC04613.jpg

DSC04614.jpg

DSC04615.jpg

This pool had the Cozy Cones surrounding it. They were set up as cabanas.

So cute !!

DSC04616.jpg

DSC04617.jpg

DSC04618.jpg

DSC04619.jpg

DSC04620.jpg

DSC04621.jpg

DSC04622.jpg

DSC04623.jpg

DSC04624.jpg

DSC04625.jpg

DSC04626.jpg

DSC04628.jpg

DSC04629.jpg

DSC04630.jpg

DSC04631.jpg

DSC04632.jpg

DSC04633.jpg

You can't see it in the photos, but all through this section they had a walkway made to look like a highway. I found this delightful on my scooter. Like they put it there just for me and my scooter. I really LOVED this section !!!

Great pictures! I think we're going to visit at night, so I'm super excited to see the resort.

Your poor son. At least he had a movie in the car while he wasn't feeling well.

Love that the cozy cones are the cabanas. That's pretty cool.

Oh no, Mater's eating Nala!!! :lmao:

Great pictures! I think we're going to visit at night, so I'm super excited to see the resort.

Your poor son. At least he had a movie in the car while he wasn't feeling well.

Love that the cozy cones are the cabanas. That's pretty cool.

Oh no, Mater's eating Nala!!! :lmao:

We did ask him if he needed to go back and he did say he would be fine in the car. He eventually got out to come find us. He just needed a good night's rest !! Poor little bug.

The Cars section was amazing !! I have a feeling that will be the most popular section. The themeing was spot on !!

LOL on Mater eating Nala !!! She is hilarious !!

Sorry your foot is still hurting but i love the cast--very pretty

Great night shots of AOA

It looks like a fun resort

Ann and family

Sorry your foot is still hurting but i love the cast--very pretty

Great night shots of AOA

It looks like a fun resort

Ann and family

I really like the cast, too. At least it has some redeeming quality, right ??

AoA looks very fun. I really loved the Cars section.

They did such an incredible job with this resort. Did yall go see the Lion King section?

We didn't. We went back to check on DS and he really wanted to back and lay down, so we left. So we missed getting any photos of the Lion King or Ariel sections. Yeah ........ bummer.

We love the Great Piggy Bank Adventure. It has been too long since we’ve played it! I really miss the Waste Management recycling game. I hope they get that space filled soon! I remember when they were installing that healthy lifestyle game thing. They had partition walls up that had blurbs that kind of described the game, and I remember thinking at the time, that the blurbs would likely set someone off. They were kinda…um..IDK..hostile is the only word I can think of. Not surprised the game was met with public outrage when it finally opened.

I love the Phineas and Ferb topiaries. The first time we saw them was the weekend after July 4th. DD sees them and honestly asks, “Where’s Perry?” b/c he is missing from the display. It struck us what she said right after she said it and we had a good laugh.

LOVE the Mexico QS. Much, much improved over the previous version. I like the nachos and the salsa verde is yummo. We’ve eaten there a couple of times and watched Illuminations. Pretty good spot if you can get a place along the rail. Otherwise you can’t see the higher fireworks.

So I noticed that lovely window seat in the lobby of the VWL. Wouldn’t you just like to curly up on it for a nap? I would.

I love the pics of AoA. Can’t wait to stay there. I need wrangle up some extra bodies so we can stay in the Cars section! The Little Mermaid rooms are bit loud for my tastes, but the themeing is really well done. I just need a more subdued theme...you know more like the Royal Guest Rooms at POR. :rotfl2:

Your cast is very colorful!! I hope the pain has subsided by tomorrow.

We love the Great Piggy Bank Adventure. It has been too long since we’ve played it! I really miss the Waste Management recycling game. I hope they get that space filled soon! I remember when they were installing that healthy lifestyle game thing. They had partition walls up that had blurbs that kind of described the game, and I remember thinking at the time, that the blurbs would likely set someone off. They were kinda…um..IDK..hostile is the only word I can think of. Not surprised the game was met with public outrage when it finally opened.

I love the Phineas and Ferb topiaries. The first time we saw them was the weekend after July 4th. DD sees them and honestly asks, “Where’s Perry?” b/c he is missing from the display. It struck us what she said right after she said it and we had a good laugh.

LOVE the Mexico QS. Much, much improved over the previous version. I like the nachos and the salsa verde is yummo. We’ve eaten there a couple of times and watched Illuminations. Pretty good spot if you can get a place along the rail. Otherwise you can’t see the higher fireworks.

So I noticed that lovely window seat in the lobby of the VWL. Wouldn’t you just like to curly up on it for a nap? I would.

I love the pics of AoA. Can’t wait to stay there. I need wrangle up some extra bodies so we can stay in the Cars section! The Little Mermaid rooms are bit loud for my tastes, but the themeing is really well done. I just need a more subdued theme...you know more like the Royal Guest Rooms at POR. :rotfl2:

Your cast is very colorful!! I hope the pain has subsided by tomorrow.

DD really enjoyed the Piggy Bank Game. We did it again on our other Epcot day. I vaguely know what you are taking about when you mention the Healthy game. Did you ever go see it ??

Yes, lots of comments on the Phineas and Ferb topiaries. Come to think of it, why isn't Perry there ??

Yes, the Mexico QS was a hit !! We will definitely go there again. We always get a cruddy spot for illuminations, so we will have to keep that place in mind.

Yes, the DVC lobby is very quiet and cozy. If I were ever allowed to take a nap, that would be a good spot.

I feel like the Cars section will be the most popular one. Aren't you staying at the Mermaid section ?? Or did you already ?? I forget.

Pain level is better today. Not ideal .... but better. This whole process is so exhausting.

Day 4 – Part 7

I was worried about DS not feeling well, so we headed back to the car to get him back to WL and into bed. So we didn’t get to explore the Lion King or Mermaid sections.

So, we got back, DS went to bed and DD, DH and I went down to the dock to see the Electric Water Pageant. It is a little water parade that I just love.

DSC04636.jpg

DSC04637.jpg

DSC04638.jpg

DSC04639.jpg

DSC04640.jpg

DSC04641.jpg

DSC04642.jpg

DSC04643.jpg

There is just something so simple and happy about this water parade that I just adore. I always try to see it if I can.

After that we headed up to bed.

I had wanted to see the EWP so badly when we stayed at the Poly...and literally forgot about it until we came home!! :headache: SOMEDAY we will!! :rotfl:

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 5 – Part 1

We slept in on this day. I think we slept until 10:30 AM or so. DH took DD to get some Mickey waffles at Roaring Forks, but I just had a bagel and the rest just ate …. I dunno. We just hung out in the room and did some laundry and watched TV. About 1 PM, we headed down to the boat to MK

DSC04644.jpg

DSC04645.jpg

DD had on her Rapunzel dress because we were headed to the first MNSSHP of the year.

DSC04646.jpg

DSC04647.jpg

DSC04648.jpg

We were the only ones on the boat and when we got to MK, and no one was waiting, they said they would take us over to the Poly – YAY !!

DSC04652.jpg

DSC04653.jpg

DSC04654.jpg

DSC04655.jpg

DSC04657.jpg

DSC04658.jpg

DSC04662.jpg

DVC villas at Grand Floridian

DSC04663.jpg

Ohmigod – I can’t WAIT !!!!

And the Poly

DSC04664.jpg

We were headed to Captain Cooks to eat lunch.

P1018905_zps1f711c0d.jpg

P1018912_zps817727c2.jpg

DH was very frustrated with the computer ordering system.

DD got the kids chicken and French fries

DSC04665.jpg

Which apparently came with carrots instead of French Fries.

DS ordered a hamburger

DSC04668.jpg

And DH and I split the

Aloha Pork Sandwich.

DSC04666.jpg

This was soooo good !! Aloha Pork Sandwich - Pulled pork with BBQ sauce, pineapple cole slaw, cheddar cheese, cucumbers and tomatoes, served warm on a pineapple-coconut hoagie roll. Served with Polynesian chips. - $8.99
DH got French fries. I prefer the homemade chips. Anyway this sandwich is soooooo good. The combination of savory pork, gooey cheese and crunchy veggies is out of this world yummo !!

LOVED it !!

The kids got ice cream for dessert

DSC04669.jpg

And DH and I got the heavenly Dole Whip

DSC04667.jpg

Love this stuff !!!

EWP is so much fun!!!

That sandwich sounds great! I still have never had a dole whip. :(

I just love the EWP !! So sweet and simple.

Yes, that is really good sandwich !! It took me a while to get around to trying the dole whip myself. But I was soooo happy I did !! Very light and yummy !!

I adore the Electric Water Pageant. For me it brings back such memories of our first trips.

I am soooo excited for the villas at Grand Floridian too! I want to stay there again so bad. We've only stayed there one time in all of the years we've been going, and hoooeeeyyyy, did it take a lot of points.

I love Captain Cook's. Farrell and I ate there many times on our trip. And the fact that you can make your own dole whip just sets it above the rest.

I adore the Electric Water Pageant. For me it brings back such memories of our first trips.

I am soooo excited for the villas at Grand Floridian too! I want to stay there again so bad. We've only stayed there one time in all of the years we've been going, and hoooeeeyyyy, did it take a lot of points.

I love Captain Cook's. Farrell and I ate there many times on our trip. And the fact that you can make your own dole whip just sets it above the rest.

EWP is so precious !!!

I know what you mean. I have never stayed there, but I bet when it is finished, the points will be crazy. We will see.

We really like Captain Cook's. Love to those Dole Whips !!

Oh Wow - that car's section looks amazing! I wish I had had the time to explore over there in June. We only had time to see the Nemo section. It looks pretty cool at night. Thanks for posting all the pics.

Your cast looks so heavy...ouch! But its really pretty! :goodvibes

It's nice to have a relaxing morning at the resort. When I arrive I might spend my first couple of hours right at the pool.

Love DD's dress for MNSSHP.

Oh - and the GF DVC. I can't wait either. I so want to stay there! :thumbsup2

Great pictures of the ELP

Oh Wow - that car's section looks amazing! I wish I had had the time to explore over there in June. We only had time to see the Nemo section. It looks pretty cool at night. Thanks for posting all the pics.

Your cast looks so heavy...ouch! But its really pretty! :goodvibes

It's nice to have a relaxing morning at the resort. When I arrive I might spend my first couple of hours right at the pool.

Love DD's dress for MNSSHP.

Oh - and the GF DVC. I can't wait either. I so want to stay there! :thumbsup2

Great pictures of the ELP

Yes, the Cars section was amazing !! I was kind bummed we didn't get photos of the other sections, but we really needed to get DS back so he could lay down and take some medicine. We will get back over there someday.

Actually, the splint was three times heavier than this cast which is fiberglass. It is just so darn uncomfortable. I really should call the doctor on Monday and maybe get it replaced. It is very tight right now and frankly, I am miserable because of it. I am not sure they left enough room for the amount of swelling I am having.

Yes, we did a lot more relaxing this trip because of my injury and DH said that he enjoyed it more that way. We still got to do everything we wanted. But, again, it was September and the crowds were good - meaning there were none.

I have always wanted to stay at the GF. Can't wait !! We are staying at BLT for Spring Break and we are beyond excited. I just got all our ADR's set up yesterday. So excited !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter