The Disney Adventures of Scooter Mom-Sept 7-14 (COMPLETE)

Day 5 – Part 2

Bellies full from our wonderful lunch at Captain Cook’s, we went to check out the lobby to check out the gift shop,

DSC04670.jpg

DSC04671.jpg

DSC04672.jpg

DSC04673.jpg

DSC04675.jpg

DSC04676.jpg

DSC04677.jpg

DD traded vinylmations. These two.

DSC04678.jpg

For these two.

DSC04679.jpg

After that we hopped on the monorail – or Avengorail

DSC04682.jpg

DSC04683.jpg

DSC04684.jpg

Then, we stopped at Will Call and got our MNSSHP party tickets. And entered the park. The 3 PM parade was going on.

DSC04685.jpg

DSC04686.jpg

DSC04687.jpg

DSC04688.jpg

DSC04689.jpg

DSC04690.jpg

DSC04691.jpg

DSC04692.jpg

I was happy that we caught this parade because we had never taken the time to see it before. Loved it !!

LOVE your cast, might as well have fun with it! Great pictures! We have done MNSSHP 2 x and loved it!

Yes, might as well !! I have been having a lot of trouble with swelling and when it swells inside this cast it is VERY uncomfortable. So far so good today, but I feel like I can't DO anything because I have to avoid swelling. It is going to be a VERY long month !!

Yes, we love MNSSHP. We went for the first time last year and it was soooo hot and soooo packed and we still had a great time. This year was even better because the weather was good and the crowds weren't bad at all. Had a GREAT time !!

I LOVE THE ALOHA PORK SANDWICH !!! Its actually worth hopping on the monorail while in the MK for a meal ! I had it a few years ago on a quick trip to the MK and I was SHOCKED at how wonderful it was. I don't know if I could have split it with DH :)

Glad to hear you are on a smoother road to recovery. In no time you will be back on the courts :thumbsup2

I am enjoying the TR, I hope its not ending soon......:sad:

I LOVE THE ALOHA PORK SANDWICH !!! Its actually worth hopping on the monorail while in the MK for a meal ! I had it a few years ago on a quick trip to the MK and I was SHOCKED at how wonderful it was. I don't know if I could have split it with DH :)

Glad to hear you are on a smoother road to recovery. In no time you will be back on the courts :thumbsup2

I am enjoying the TR, I hope its not ending soon......:sad:

Well I'm not sharing next time, that is for sure !! I had to share my Dole Whip, too. So next time I am getting my own and Mr. cheapskate doesn't like it, he can go hungry.

Yes, things are SLOWLY getting better. I can't wait until this cast is off. Just being able to take a couple of steps would improve my life exponentially.

Plenty left to share. Glad you are here !!!

Day 5 – Part 3

DH took some photos of the Halloween decor

DSC04693.jpg

DSC04694.jpg

DSC04695.jpg

DSC04696.jpg

DSC04697.jpg

DSC04698.jpg

DSC04699.jpg

DSC04700.jpg

DSC04701.jpg

DSC04702.jpg

DSC04703.jpg

Then we headed over to BTMRR because DD NEEDED to ride it right away.

DSC04704.jpg

Again …. This is what happens when you leave a man in charge of the camera.

DSC04705.jpg

I had a nice butt once ……

So ….. on our way to BTMRR

DSC04706.jpg

DSC04707.jpg

DSC04708.jpg

DSC04449.jpg

And there was no wait … so they rode it three times in a row. Gotta love September crowds.

DS rode Splash Mountain

DSC04371.jpg

Which only had 15 min, wait. In the mean time DH took DD to ride POTC with no wait. I hug out at the exit to Splash Mountain and waited for DS to be done riding.

After that, DH and DD met up with us and we walked back towards Tomorrowland so DS could accomplish the triple mountain whammy. Along the way, we stopped to get a snack.

DH and I got an ice cream sandwich

DSC04711.jpg

DS got a popsicle thingy – I forget what they are called.

DSC04712.jpg

And DD got a Mickey Bar

DSC04713.jpg

As we were walking into Tomorrowland, DH and DD took a detour to ride the Barnstormer.

DS and I continued on so he could ride Space Mountain

Space_zpsdf1e613e.jpg

Three times in a row.

I bought a shirt in the gift shop there while he was riding.

DSC04895.jpg

Great pics! Cute shirt! It's fun to see the perspective of photos from your scooter, and LOL on the butt shot! Men!

That is a bummer you are still having so much swelling post op 1 month. Does this happen every time up are up and about? Keep wiggling those toes, that helps pump the swelling back up your leg. Hang in there!

Great pics! Cute shirt! It's fun to see the perspective of photos from your scooter, and LOL on the butt shot! Men!

That is a bummer you are still having so much swelling post op 1 month. Does this happen every time up are up and about? Keep wiggling those toes, that helps pump the swelling back up your leg. Hang in there!

I circled the shirt for a while and then I bit the bullet and bought it.

LOL. That woman really had an excellent figure. I heard DS and DH laughing behind me and I knew exactly what he was taking a picture of. She had quite the smokin' bod. I was super jealous myself !!

Yes, it does happen every time I get up and it is quite uncomfortable in this cast. Hey thanks for that advice about wiggling my toes, I will try that. I am so tired of laying around with my foot up.

Great update. The Magic Kingdom looks so awesome with all the Halloween decorations. BTMRR 3 times in a row..nice! I like your "This what happens when you give a man a camera series :rotfl2: so true, so true. Hope you are healing well and look forward to next post. -Amanda

Great update. The Magic Kingdom looks so awesome with all the Halloween decorations. BTMRR 3 times in a row..nice! I like your "This what happens when you give a man a camera series :rotfl2: so true, so true. Hope you are healing well and look forward to next post. -Amanda

I love the MK during the holidays !! I was pretty bummed to have to cancel our Thanksgiving trip because I just love all of the Christmas decor. But we HAD to do it because of this surgery.

LOL. Men !! What are ya gonna do, huh ??

Healing is SLOW, but progress is being made. I got my pain pills refilled today, so that makes me feel less nervous. I was down to two left and even though I am trying to do less and less without them, I am still not ready to do without .... yet. I need to save some up for physical therapy, though. I am pretty sure that is going to get pretty painful when I have to get to that.

Thanks for reading !!!

Susan

All of the Halloween decorations up at the MK look so cool!

LOL at your "if you give a man a camera" photos. :rotfl:

You will get to see then is person very soon, yes ?? I can't remember when you guys leave. :confused3

Yes, I thought everyone would get a kick out of DH's silly photos. :rotfl2:

Good thing you snapped up that shirt! There was an AWESOME Space Mountain shirt that I eyed for a couple of trips over the spring. Then when we went at the end of May I decided I would buy it, and of course it wasn't there anymore. It had been replaced by another design, which while cool, wasn't as cool. They have gotten really good about switching out the merch over the last year or so.

Glad you finally got to catch the afternoon parade. Prince Philip is a little young looking for Aurora. Who knew she was a cougar? LOL! Not quite, but that guy is really young looking.

Good thing you snapped up that shirt! There was an AWESOME Space Mountain shirt that I eyed for a couple of trips over the spring. Then when we went at the end of May I decided I would buy it, and of course it wasn't there anymore. It had been replaced by another design, which while cool, wasn't as cool. They have gotten really good about switching out the merch over the last year or so.

Glad you finally got to catch the afternoon parade. Prince Philip is a little young looking for Aurora. Who knew she was a cougar? LOL! Not quite, but that guy is really young looking.

That has happened to me before as well, so that is what made actually buy it. Plus, it looked like it was true to size and not an XL that is really a small on a another planet.

I think that Disney likes them being "fresh faced", but I don't think there is anything wrong with them being a little more masculine. And I'll just leave it at that. :rolleyes2

:welcome: fellow scooter Mom !!! I hope my experiences help you. There were just a few times where I felt like I was "stuck" in the scooter. For the most part, having the scooter was really fun and not the downer I thought it would be. We had a great trip !!

I hope the reason you will have to rent a scooter is just a temporary one.
I am one week post op with one more week of bed rest, so it REALLY sucks now, but it will get better. I just have to be patient. Not one of my strengths. Thanks so much for reading !!

Thanks, I hope so too! I had my right knee replaced due to severe arthritis last summer and the left knee is being replaced in late April. Our trip is early June, so I know I'll need the scooter, but hopefully not for long!

I have a question about the lego set, I know kinda off topic but not totally. My grandson loves legos and that set looks like something he would love. He'll be 6 when we go next year, I was just wondering how hard it was to set up. He gets easily frustrated, but likes to do things himself, maybe with some help from his dad.

Terri

I love all the pictures you took of my home at the Polynesian. :thumbsup2

Avengorail! I wonder if that's going to be a permanent promotional thing now. First the Tronorail, now the Avengorail. I wonder what's going to be next....the Wreck-It Ralphorail? :rotfl:

The 3 o'clock parade was going on huh? What time did you get into the park?.....

Wow, and I thought your DH had outdone himself with the urinal picture....

Thanks, I hope so too! I had my right knee replaced due to severe arthritis last summer and the left knee is being replaced in late April. Our trip is early June, so I know I'll need the scooter, but hopefully not for long!

I have a question about the lego set, I know kinda off topic but not totally. My grandson loves legos and that set looks like something he would love. He'll be 6 when we go next year, I was just wondering how hard it was to set up. He gets easily frustrated, but likes to do things himself, maybe with some help from his dad.

Terri

Hope your knee replacement goes well and you heal nicely. The scooter was fun. I highly recommend renting one.

I would fallow the age requirements on the Lego set. The one my DS got was 12+. When he was younger, he had some trouble with some of them and I had to help, but I love that stuff so it was fun for me. But if he is easily frustrated, I would stick with age appropriate sets. Plus, they tend to be really pricey, so you want your money to go to good use. I hope that helps !!

I love all the pictures you took of my home at the Polynesian. :thumbsup2

Avengorail! I wonder if that's going to be a permanent promotional thing now. First the Tronorail, now the Avengorail. I wonder what's going to be next....the Wreck-It Ralphorail? :rotfl:

The 3 o'clock parade was going on huh? What time did you get into the park?.....

Wow, and I thought your DH had outdone himself with the urinal picture....

I love the Poly. I hope they do a DVC there .......

I love the advertising they do on the monorails. It is cool. Wreck-it Ralph ?? Bring it on !! Frankenweenie opened on Friday and I really want to see it. But I can't really get out in this damn cast. Well ..... I can .... it just won't be any fun. I'll wait to see that.

LOL. Um ....... 3:00 ?? Is this a quiz ?? LOL

Sigh ..... apparently not. That girl just needs to stay home. She was making all of us look bad ..... just sayin'.

The Polynesian is BEAUTIFUL. :lovestruc

I'm so glad I got to see Thor's head on the monorail. He's the best.

This is just all proof that I need to visit in September... goodness! Although if I ever go in the fall I've always wanted to go in October instead, because that's my birthday month. Oh well. I'll just have to do both. Problem solved. :laughing:

It looks like your kids weren't in the mood for food pictures. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter