• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Dis Dad's Club III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly - not your kind of need to be on the phone Carl - it's the other ones, who just incessantly talk, text or are otherwise disengaged from their family, friends or traveling party. Last week I saw a family of 4 walking through DTD - Dad, Mom, Son (maybe 14 or 15) and Daughter (maybe 11 or 12) - and ALL FOUR of them were on their individual device texting someone. Who knows, maybe they were "talking" to each other about where they wanted to eat or something - I just don't know. It was comical and sad really. Maybe it's just me, but apparently not from the comments on this so far - but why on earth would you spend hundreds, or thousands of dollars to travel somewhere just to ignore who you are with and where you are and spend your vacation time chatting with an electronic device?!? Call me crazy, but what a sad waste of time and money. Stay home if you're gonna do that.

These are also the ones who most likely would not give there seat on the bus for someone in need:lmao: Double Man Law violation:scared1:

Exactly - not your kind of need to be on the phone Carl - it's the other ones, who just incessantly talk, text or are otherwise disengaged from their family, friends or traveling party. Last week I saw a family of 4 walking through DTD - Dad, Mom, Son (maybe 14 or 15) and Daughter (maybe 11 or 12) - and ALL FOUR of them were on their individual device texting someone. Who knows, maybe they were "talking" to each other about where they wanted to eat or something - I just don't know. It was comical and sad really. Maybe it's just me, but apparently not from the comments on this so far - but why on earth would you spend hundreds, or thousands of dollars to travel somewhere just to ignore who you are with and where you are and spend your vacation time chatting with an electronic device?!? Call me crazy, but what a sad waste of time and money. Stay home if you're gonna do that.

I know you guys weren't referring to people like me That's why I asked for the exemption lol:thumbsup2:thumbsup2.But I really do feel bad sometimes for my wife and kids when I have to take a little time and get something straightened out while away:mad:.It sucks!!!:mad::mad: hell one time we had our Disney trip planned and The city scheduled a contract meeting for the week we were going( mandatory to be there if you wanted the contract).It was to late to change plans so wife drove down with the five kids and I had to fly in a few days later and could only stay for portion of the trip But thanks to Hurricane Charlie my flight home was canceled for a few days so that helped me stay a bit longer.
I also think we may need another exemption so when the Dis Dads go down we can loacate each other:lmao:

Steve, went to the Dr today for a check up (BP), and asked what I should take for acid reflex, he is sending me for a UGI What is that:confused3

That is an easy test....actually it is not done as much as it used to be....They are going to give you a shake made of barium. When I used to do those we used a strawberry flavor to do it. However, dont be fooled...it is not as bad a s some would make you think but it is not as good as a strawberry shake like the doc wants you to think too.:rotfl2:

When I did them we would start with the table in an upright position and the patient standingon a platform. The radiologist will come in and speak to you then ask you to take a drink and they will watch you swallow and the barium go down your esoph. and into your stomach. You will take a few more quick swallows to fill your stomach some then lay the table flat. Once you are flat they will probably turn you from side to side or all the way around to coat all the walls of your stomach and they take a series of pictures do check for hiatal herias or ulcers. A lot of reflux is caused from an underlying hernia and they can put you on something like prevacid to fix that.

Once you are finished be sure to drink a lot of fluid the rest of the day. That will help the barium to move on through and not cause you any issues on its way out.

Hope that helped!!!

Thanks Steve, He did give me some samples of Prevacid, not a big fan of tests, always gets me nervous, and then the wait for the results talk about sweating, I guess I worry too much:lmao:

Thanks Steve, He did give me some samples of Prevacid, not a big fan of tests, always gets me nervous, and then the wait for the results talk about sweating, I guess I worry too much:lmao:

No problem. Waiting is the hard part. Usually it will take about 3 days for the report to be dictated, typed, and signed off by the doc before your physician can get it. However, sometimes our docs will tell patients a prelim report before they leave the exam room. Keep me posted!

ok guys this cell phone talk is starting to make me feel bad a bout taking mine when I go away.But Unfortunately I have to my name is on the company so if something major goes wrong guess who is flying home to make it right.But this subject did get me to wondering what does everyone here do for a living?

I am a systems administrator for a packaging and shipping supply company. Yeah, it's as exciting as it sounds. We sell bags, boxes, packing peanuts,shrink wrap, etc. It just gets more exciting by the sentence, doesn't it? Anyway, I run all of the computer systems in the company. Internet access, E-mail, E-commerce website, mainframe (OpenVMS) and all of the user's machines (Macintosh and Windows). Unfortunately, I have to be shackled to my Blackberry in case anything goes wrong. I am fortunate to work with a good team of people who know enough to never call me when I'm on vacation!:thumbsup2

install stair chairs for the disabled or elderly
I just think about Carl from UP when I read this. Getting half way down the stairs and his chair stalls. A little bump on the arm rest and off it goes again. Do yours have that feature? :rotfl2:

am I the only one here that wishes their ticker didnt have triple digits before their trip and seems like it is not moving???I was thinking of putting up a fake ticker to try and trick myself into thinking my trip would come sooner:rotfl2::rotfl2:

:lmao: i turn my phone on at 5am off at 3am. off all week ends and it stays home on vacation. i dont even have texting!!!! :lmao: i have a personal phone i take on vacation and use about 3 times other than that and it only gets used if we go dif. ways which is not often. i hate the things!!!:thumbsup2 as far as jobs im doing, my guys know when im leaving far in advance and, i use this often," lack of planing on your part does not mean an emergency on mine"
call my office, they cant help, guess you wait, not much i can do 1200 miles away.;)

:lmao: I have a Cell (Tracfone) can usually be found one of these places...

My jacket pocket...with a dead battery.
My other jacket pocket hanging on the coat tree at the house...with a dead battery.
My Car...with a dead battery.
My Van...with a dead battery.
My Desk at work...charging the dead battery...where I usually leave it there for days sometimes weeks amongst the clutter until I find it and stick it in a jacket pocket...where it gets a dead battery...viscious cycle I know.

I actually use it on Vacation to call home...or to call Mel if we split up.

Occationaly I'll take it to my "2nd cube" and play Sudoku on it. :rolleyes1

am I the only one here that wishes their ticker didnt have triple digits before their trip and seems like it is not moving???I was thinking of putting up a fake ticker to try and trick myself into thinking my trip would come sooner:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I hear ya! On the positive side when Barry started his ticker it was at like 346, so almost 100 days are gone already:woohoo:

My other jacket pocket hanging on the coat tree at the house...with a dead battery.
My Desk at work...charging the dead battery...where I usually leave it there for days sometimes weeks amongst the clutter until I find it and stick it in a jacket pocket...where it gets a dead battery...viscious cycle I know.

mmmmmmmmmmmm Chuck's magnetic field might be source of these dead batteries:lmao::banana::banana::banana: Now we know where he gets all his energy:lmao:

...but this subject did get me to wondering what does everyone here do for a living?

Electronic Hardware/Software Technician.

I work at SIEMENS...been with the Company for 15 years...in Design for 10 years. We develop PLC's (Programable Logic Controllers). I specifically work on our Analog I/O...really really like working on our RTD (Resistance Temperature Detectors) and TC (Thermocouple) modules.

I'm also a Certified National Instruments LabView Programmer. I've pretty much automated most of my job...but made it "just so" that few can figure it out...Job security. :thumbsup2

Also part-time Corn Cop in the fall. And Stunt Supervisor for Chuck.

PS...If your Ride breaks down at WDW... my fault. :)

These are also the ones who most likely would not give there seat on the bus for someone in need:lmao: Double Man Law violation:scared1:

Teachable moment!
Our last trip, a mom with her own double stroller (and 2 munchkins) was trying to get onto the All Star bus after Illumi-Nations ended, but her stroller wouldn't fold up. I got my wife and 3 boys onto the bus, then took my 6 year old to help get her shopping onto the bus, and I grabbed her stroller, and she could get just her kids. When we got to her hotel, i made my oldest help get her things, again, she had her 2 stroller-aged kids. Then we rode the rest of the way to ASMo, and 6 yr old said, "Dad, if we didn't know her, why did we carry her stuff?" "Pete, it was the right thing to do. When you see someone that needs help, and you can help them, you do it."
"oh, that's easy! I can do that. Thanks" I'm sure he'd forgotten by the morning, but i hope the lesson is in there somewhere. And, I sent 2 text pictures while with my kids. One gloating castle pic to a former cast member friend, and one Epcot ball pic to the same former cast member. When the oldest asked what I was doing, I said I was trying to help a friend share the magic that wasn't here, not just straight ignore. I'll be better in December. I promise.

First of all, I'm totally behind the MAN LAW My cell phone is currently on my dresser and has been since I walked in. I'll pick it up in the morning and I'll be available then. I do use it to coordinate with Erika (DW) when needed.

ok guys this cell phone talk is starting to make me feel bad a bout taking mine when I go away.But Unfortunately I have to my name is on the company so if something major goes wrong guess who is flying home to make it right.But this subject did get me to wondering what does everyone here do for a living?

I work for a large bank and trust company as a new business consultant. I work with new clients or existing clients who are going through a restructure. Don't everyone rush for applications. :rotfl2: I actually really enjoy what I do and the clients I work with are very interesting.

I'm envious of your 3 digit ticker. :confused3 We haven't figured out when we're going to get back to the world but will most likely be in 2011 some time. (I'll need my fix by then).:wizard:

First of all, I'm totally behind the MAN LAW

I'm envious of your 3 digit ticker. :confused3 We haven't figured out when we're going to get back to the world but will most likely be in 2011 some time. (I'll need my fix by then).:wizard:
I thought about this after I posted that some people dont have a ticker so I should be happy.Sorry

Teachable moment!
Our last trip, a mom with her own double stroller (and 2 munchkins) was trying to get onto the All Star bus after Illumi-Nations ended, but her stroller wouldn't fold up. I got my wife and 3 boys onto the bus, then took my 6 year old to help get her shopping onto the bus, and I grabbed her stroller, and she could get just her kids. When we got to her hotel, i made my oldest help get her things, again, she had her 2 stroller-aged kids. Then we rode the rest of the way to ASMo, and 6 yr old said, "Dad, if we didn't know her, why did we carry her stuff?" "Pete, it was the right thing to do. When you see someone that needs help, and you can help them, you do it."
"oh, that's easy! I can do that. Thanks" I'm sure he'd forgotten by the morning, but i hope the lesson is in there somewhere. And, I sent 2 text pictures while with my kids. One gloating castle pic to a former cast member friend, and one Epcot ball pic to the same former cast member. When the oldest asked what I was doing, I said I was trying to help a friend share the magic that wasn't here, not just straight ignore. I'll be better in December. I promise.

Way to go!:thumbsup2

:goodvibesCarl, Looks like I'll be in your part of town on Mother's Day, Jack Hannah will be at Seseme Place. Love his show, have many pics of him with my son

I thought about this after I posted that some people dont have a ticker so I should be happy.Sorry

No worries. I have to live vicariously through all your trips for the next while so I'm always happy to see tickers count down. :thumbsup2

:goodvibesCarl, Looks like I'll be in your part of town on Mother's Day, Jack Hannah will be at Seseme Place. Love his show, have many pics of him with my son

I will have to see what we are doing maybe we will shoot on over.I still need to get my pas we have em for my wife and kids but not me

:lmao: what did we do with out them?:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter