The Dis Dad's Club III

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thumbsup2 were do you grab the train? people around our rea say they drive to virginia to get on, or is there some up north?

Autotrain leaves from Lorton VA & stops in Stanford Fl. I think they have a reg train that leaves from NY or Philly, but it is passenger only and it makes alot of stops.

I have a pickem group at Yahoo. Just click on fantasy sports, then tourney pickem, and join a private group. Group ID # is 50318 and the password is monday (all lower case). Come one come all :)

maybe I am doing it wrong..but I tried to enter and it says it wants the group ID not the number....advice?

Hello, Gentlemen.

I just found this particular thread and cohort of like-minded individuals and thought I would poke my head in and say, "Hello". You seem to be my people.

My DW and I took our younger daughter to WDW a couple of years ago, and by the end of this year, we will have had 5 total trips down. Most of them will have involved the children, but my wife and I find it much easier to ride Expedition Everest and the Aerosmith coaster 10 times before noon without the daughters (5 and 3 years old, at this point) along with us.

The next trip is in May, for the whole family, and I am champing at the bit to get there. I have not finished reading this entire thread, but I have noted that a TR will be required once I get back. And before the July trip.

So I will go back to catching up on this whole thread as my entire family is piled up on the couch watching Snow White.
WELCOME!

Northwest PA....where the snow has finally melted. :thumbsup2 We now have grass :cool1: spring is coming
Blue white game is just around the corner!!
Haven't had any victory parties in a long time:lmao: and it looks like we won't be having one any time soon. Of course the BoSox are going to have a great team on paper...but will that mean more wins? I guess we will just have to wait an see.

All is well with PADISFAM (DW) and the boys...I have one turning 13 next week. Boy does that make me feel old.:scared1:
DW will be in your neck of the woods this week...she will be in Harrisburg all week for work. I guess you can say she will be at the corp. office as she works for the state. Should be a very busy week for me and the boys.

We got a couple inches of rain over the weekend so most of our snow is gone now, too. We're about an hour north of Philly and only a few miles from Dave (zerfs). You think you're old......our youngest turned 28 last week! :lmao:

I have a pickem group at Yahoo. Just click on fantasy sports, then tourney pickem, and join a private group. Group ID # is 50318 and the password is monday (all lower case). Come one come all :)

hey guys.....im going to give this a go but i may need some help along the way....any tips?

OK, I'm back into the swing of things. As much as I usually am, anyway. It's always a hoot to come back from a week of vacation to 1200 emails. :sad2:
I'm caught up on all of the back posts, but there were just too many to multiquote. So...
If you've posted something to be sad about, I'm sad with you.
If you've posted something to be happy about, I'm happy for you.
If you're a new member - welcome!

Our trip was great, as usual. I'll save most of the stories for the Trip Report which I will be starting this week sometime, but I will give an advanced screening of what I have tentatively titled "The Cheeseball Yak Attack"
We were humming along nicely on I-65 South, just north of Indianapolis - in Lebanon. The kids are in the back seat, watching Disney movies and munching on Cheese Balls. All of a sudden, Madison starts starts saying "Evan threw up! Evan threw up!" Luckily, we were right at an exit (#140 - South Street), I yanked the van up the off ramp and right into the McClure Fuel Stop gas station. We spent about 30 minutes getting Evan changed and cleaning up what we could. Bambi ran in and bought a pack of scented baby wipes and a bottle of Fabreeze, so the rest of the trip was bearable. I was mostly contained to his car seat and the area immediately in front of it. I voted the let the dogs lick it up, but was overruled.

As soon as I start the TR, I'll post a link so you can hijack - sorry, read it. :thumbsup2

And then - it's on to planning the December trip!

We were humming along nicely on I-65 South, just north of Indianapolis - in Lebanon. The kids are in the back seat, watching Disney movies and munching on Cheese Balls. All of a sudden, Madison starts starts saying "Evan threw up! Evan threw up!" Luckily, we were right at an exit (#140 - South Street), I yanked the van up the off ramp and right into the McClure Fuel Stop gas station. We spent about 30 minutes getting Evan changed and cleaning up what we could. Bambi ran in and bought a pack of scented baby wipes and a bottle of Fabreeze, so the rest of the trip was bearable. I was mostly contained to his car seat and the area immediately in front of it. I voted the let the dogs lick it up, but was overruled.

I live 13 miles from where your unfortunate event took place. I actually used to work in Lebanon years ago. Small world :cool2:

I'll save most of the stories for the Trip Report which I will be starting this week sometime, but I will give an advanced screening of what I have tentatively titled "The Cheeseball Yak Attack"

Let me be the first to say that if you leave photos out of this part of the TR, it's ok.:sick:

Our trip was great, as usual. I'll save most of the stories for the Trip Report which I will be starting this week sometime, but I will give an advanced screening of what I have tentatively titled "The Cheeseball Yak Attack"

As soon as I start the TR, I'll post a link so you can hijack - sorry, read it. :thumbsup2

Title = :thumbsup2

Hijack??? :confused3

icon_twisted.gif

I will be starting this week sometime, but I will give an advanced screening of what I have tentatively titled "The Cheeseball Yak Attack"!
Nice Title this will grab some attention:thumbsup2

:confused3:confused3 have no idea what you mean:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I am still waiting to see a "Ckuck and ME" photo just to show Chuck is real and it is not Cornfuzz impersonating him:lmao::lmao::lmao:

What the heck I gave it a whirl.Look for my upset specials:thumbsup2

So sad to say it, but we got home tonight...but happy to say we had a lovely time.

Sunny & beautiful Wed, gloomy & rainy til Fri, then sunny & beautiful again today. Our camera died mid-trip, so I have to figure out how to get the ones I took with my phone off it before I can post anything.

We relaxed, we jacuuzied, we laughed, we enjoyed each other, we went to no parks at all, we saw Alice in Wonderland TWICE, (ready to go again!), we ate, we slept in, we just had a great time... so glad we could be there again so soon. Now we need to figure out when ourn next Lodge stay will be.

I'll hopefully get some pics up soon.

I'll post more later - tired after a day of travel, and jumping back into the normal routine here at home tonight...I'm headed off to bed. Later guys. (Glad you made it home safely Barry after 23 1/2 hours of driving!)

Glad you had good time You are excused from the Tr as quoted in your previous pre trip post,But a little details would be nice for us guys that are just waiting to go.:thumbsup2

Hey Dads! We are home from the Cruise!!! Did anyone miss me or even notice I was gone?????? I bet no one even noticed!!

Ok...who wants to give me a rundown of what I have missed since I have been gone for a week?

I am going tyo try to start to complile a trip report....There are stories to share! However, I am sick enough to die right now and I am headed to bed...talk to you soon!!!:thumbsup2

Welcome back waiting to read your Tr as I know cruises are a blast so this should be a good one:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 oh and miss anything here? come on does anything really get discussed here??? We save that for FB ( inside joke,just a few FB Dis Dader's will pick up on this)

Hey guys....

Just checking in. Met Barry (FreezinRafiki) on Monday right before Wishes. We were texting all day for a time to meet up and were never close to each other. Who knew MK could be so big? :confused3 :rotfl: We was very nice to meet his family as well. His kids were so excited and his DD Madison kept calling me Timmy! LOLOL My mom & sister are the only 2 people I left get away with that! Well Maddie now too! LOL

After 2 days of heavy rain here in Orlando, it looks like today is going to be great. Our trip is going great... hitting Epcot today. We are checking out of our rental house tomorrow morning and checking into CBR. Heading home on Tuesday. We've had a great time so far. Only 2 more park days... today and Monday. I think we might hit MK Monday and try to make our first ever (UHHUMMMMMMM) rope drop! :rotfl2:

Welcome to all the new DIS DAD's. :wave2:
Glad to hear thing going good .Cant wait to meet up with some Dads in Dec:thumbsup2

We got back home today about noon after a 23 1/2 hour drive. Funny how we can make it down in 21 hours, but...:confused3
I'm several pages behind, but I'll catch up at "work" next week. :thumbsup2
Welcome back saw some pics so far looks like a good timewas had by all:thumbsup2 And as far as cathing up just jump back in from here and you wont miss a beet.Just say hello to all new Dads and you should be good to go:lmao::lmao:

Good start on your Tr Steve.Sounding like a great time so far.I am in on itpopcorn:: will be waiting for more. Not sure how Mark beat me there but he did.I wanted the first seat!!!

Good start on your Tr Steve.Sounding like a great time so far.I am in on itpopcorn:: will be waiting for more. Not sure how Mark beat me there but he did.I wanted the first seat!!!

Gotta be quick, man...

Procrastination on the DIS instead of doing work helps, too. :surfweb:

OK, I'm back into the swing of things. As much as I usually am, anyway. It's always a hoot to come back from a week of vacation to 1200 emails. :sad2:
I'm caught up on all of the back posts, but there were just too many to multiquote. So...
If you've posted something to be sad about, I'm sad with you.
If you've posted something to be happy about, I'm happy for you.
If you're a new member - welcome!

And then - it's on to planning the December trip!

:lmao: let the dog clean it up, i all most yaked reading that one.:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter