The Cars Land Wide Right Technique: How to be one of the first 20 people on RSR w/MM

As a Disneyland non-veteran I'm confused.

So if non-EMH guests are allowed early entry to access the RSR fastpass line I'm wondering how one goes about entering the park during the EMH.

Normally a person is asked to produce a hotel room key card to access EMH? Correct?

Without a room card key do you just tell the CM at the gate you are headed for the fastpass line or is everyone let in to a holding area and only hotel guests are allowed into the park past the rope?

I cant speak from experience but I think what happens is that non EMH guests get into BVS (or some other area near the entrance but in the park) a little early but well into the EMH and they are held in a certain area. Im guessing if EMH starts at 7am that non EMH guests arent allowed into the parks until 7:45 or 7:50 or something close to that. There they have guests who want FP line up seperate from the EMH guests and then at some point the lines merge. Sounds like a CM walks the non EMH line over to the back of the EMH line when it is time to open.

In my experience, here is what generally happens (disclaimer is that anything can change at any time). Assuming EMH starts at 7am and regular park opening is at 8am, the EMH guests only are allowed in at 7am. There are signs above the turnstiles that say Early Entry and those are the only ones that are open. They allow the regular guests to begin to line up at the other turnstiles. As it gets closer to 7:30-7:45, they actually begin to change some of the Early Entry turnstiles to regular turnstiles, although a few will be for Early Entry guests right up until regular park opening. If you keep watch and see when they turnover the sign on the top of the turnstile, you can get to the front of a line pretty easily.

Around 7:30-7:45am they begin to allow regular park guests in. These guests are held back by ropes and are pretty much only allowed on Buena Vista Street. In the pictures I have above, you can see the regular guests being held back by ropes. They do allow regular guests in a RSR FP line and you can see the front of that line in the second picture I have above. The Early Entry guests get their own line in the front of all of these guests. They merge the lines a minute or two before regular park opening.

If an Early Entry guest arrives later, say around 7:45 am, they are allowed past the rope by showing their hotel room keys.

Thanks. So if we get there at say 7:15am I assume there a line for non-EMH guests?

At 7:15 am it is most likely the non-EMH guests will still be lined up outside the parks at the turnstiles. Keep your eye open for turnstiles that close to Early Entry guests and then become regular entrances. You can hop over to those lines when this happens and get a jump on the line. Unless, of course, you are already toward the front of a line. ;)

Okay, we will be going to CL on December 19, an early entry for hotel guests. We are staying at the Grand Californian. What time should we get to the main gates? I already understand to not use the GC entry. Our plan is to ride RSR, Luigi's, Maters, and then our hour will be up (I am guessing,) so I think at that point I need to get in the fastpass line to get RSR fastpasses for that evening. Does this sound right? What time should I get to the gate? Oh, and how long does it take to get to the gate from the hotel?

Good idea to use the main gate. When I was staying at the DLH, I was getting to the main gate about twenty to thirty minutes before early entry. We were able to get on RSR very quickly and ride Luigi's and Mater's and then made sure we were in the EMH RSR FP line by 10 minutes until park opening. The second day, RSR was down during EMH. We bailed and rode Screamin' a few times and then TSMM. We made sure to return to the EMH RSR FP line to get our FP and rode RSR later in the day.

Just make sure you are in the EMH RSR FP line a few minutes before park opening, since they merge that line with the non-EMH RSR FP line a minute or two before park opening.

It shouldn't take you more than 5 to 10 minutes to walk from the GCH to the main gates at DCA. Depends on where your room is. Have fun! :goodvibes

Still kinda confused on why you shouldn't use the GC entrance. We will be staying over at GC during Spring Break (UGH!) and want to try the wide right technique. Are there any updates? Any advice for us?

Thank You for the technique, works like a charm!! A bit of advice make sure all your party stay together, if you get separated you could end up going back the line to wait for your family to arrive. :sad2:

Still kinda confused on why you shouldn't use the GC entrance. We will be staying over at GC during Spring Break (UGH!) and want to try the wide right technique. Are there any updates? Any advice for us?

the GC entrance puts you behind everyone else as its farther from carsland and both gates get opened at the same time.

From what I have read (haven't been to CL yet but am going in Jan) the best bet is to walk around to the main gate and enter there. Since your going to be onsite you will have the EMH time to use ( unless it changes before you go) so you go into the park when they open the gates ( about 10-15 min early for EMH) and then head to the rope drop area. Stay to the right side once at the rope. The CMs walk you slowly to CL and at some point in CL the left side gets stopped and everyone is funneled to the right side as you get closer to RSR so you put yourself in prime position in front of much of the crowd ( as long as RSR is up and running in the morning that day).

We stayed at GC over Halloween and used the GC entrance for both of our early entry days. We were far back in the long GC line on our first day and we were literally third in line on our second day (we had to line up very early for that spot). While we were waiting in line, a CM walked around and told us that they would start moving the line through the bag check table before opening time, so that at opening, people would be going through the turnstiles, into the park; however, that is not what happened, on either day.
It made no sense to me, but, those lines did not move, at all, until the opening time had passed. So, when the park opened at 8:00 am, the line finally started moving at 8:00 am (or a little after), and the first people went to the security/bag check at that time, then continued on to the turnstiles. They were not through the turnstiles until at least 8:05 am, and the rest of us (especially on our first day, when we were far back in line) did not get through those turnstiles until long after opening time. The line moved quite slowly; it was very disappointing.

The bottom line is: unless you get in line very early and get near the front of the GC line, you will be far behind the "others" in the park who were likely let into Cars Land while you were still trying to get into the GC entry!

I cannot speak to the main gate lines, for we did not have another early morning to try it out.

Hope this helps! :goodvibes

This worked so well today! Was on and off the ride by 8:15 after getting to the gate at 7:50.

This worked great today!! Even with a rainy morning, we did Wide Right and are number 30/31 on the ride. First cars of the day is a great feeling!

379314_4710179786771_377826697_n.jpg

Wide Right worked for us! First in line for RSR this morning!

Yes that bag rode with us. It is my son's school backpack that we had some snacks in.

I also wanted to add that we weren't the first through the entrance gates and we didn't run. There were a bunch if people at the "rope" when we got there.

Just want to reiterate how well this works. We were second in line for AP early entry Saturday, but due to having a five year old in our group, we fell way behind the crowd. Went as far right as we could and were the second group back on the right side walking down the main drag in Carsland. As soon as they told us to form a songle file line, people started pushing in front of me and my kids. Even with all of the bargy folks and my little slow walker, we were still among the first 50 people to ride. Thank you so much for the tip, otherwise I'm sure we would have been much further back.

Can anyone give me an idea of:
- what time they're lining up for EE to use the WR RSR technique? (hotel guest - main entrance)
- are you still able to ride RSR and join the FP line just before regular park opening? If so, how much time do you allow before the regular entry FP line is brought over?

Can anyone give me an idea of:
- what time they're lining up for EE to use the WR RSR technique? (hotel guest - main entrance)
- are you still able to ride RSR and join the FP line just before regular park opening? If so, how much time do you allow before the regular entry FP line is brought over?

Arch owl has great info and a few pics to answer your question. Just go back one page.

Arch owl has great info and a few pics to answer your question. Just go back one page.

That was from November and prior to the new AP EE I believe. That's why I wanted an update. :goodvibes

So any recent experiences that could tell me time info and / or just confirm that the times previously stated are still correct? Thanks!

ValpoCory said:
How does the Wide Right technique work if you have a stroller to park?

It is difficult. I would recommend finding a spot for the stroller prior to rope drop. Once you are in the crowd moving toward RSR, you would have to exit and park and then try to get back in. Not an easy thing to do!

specialks said:
That was from November and prior to the new AP EE I believe. That's why I wanted an update. :goodvibes

So any recent experiences that could tell me time info and / or just confirm that the times previously stated are still correct? Thanks!

I was there on Saturday, January 12 for AP early entry. They held us at the gates until EE began, then there was a rope across the intersection near Carsland. They were doing a little show with Lightening and Mater when we arrived. The wide right still worked exactly the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter